• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr.3000=The Best Sonic ever?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That said, can we really be sure he played Sonic at HOBO considerably more then Dedede and...Ike?

That's why you stick with Sonic 3000, because there are a lack of people in Texas that have really experienced Sonic players of that caliber...

Ugh, I need to play him ASAP. Gotta rip him a new one, and show him just how it's done...[/sarcasm]
You would have to ask him personally, I didn't see any of his matches until we played. Edit: Xyro says he uses Sonic the most and he hosts everything so I guess he just uses Ike and Dedede on the side.

I remember facing him at one of the earlier HOBO's a long time ago and having to play his Sonic, he also switched to Dedede the next match after he won. I won't be caught off guard next time though :)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You dont know much. In melee the japanese could hold thier on against us but in the end we were better.

In brawl theres no competition, they are not good at all. Have you see there vids? They just fight as fast as the possibly can. they do not space and they do not shield grab, they use next to no advanced techs. Not to mention they BAN snake and sometimes BAN metaknight. Just send one of our TOP snakes(cort,pc chris,dsf) over there and it will litterally be another atomic bomb drop. Japanese are trash at this game.
I knew someone would post something like this. 1) This isn't Melee, 2) Unless you speak Japanese and can closely follow the metagame or have good really RELIABLE sources than you can say that 3) This early in the games release the 1 month matters. But soon it wont matter. Now let's stop being biased shall we.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Im going by the PROOF that is out there. Ive seen the vids and talked to the people who have translated it. There is no denying the facts.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he needs to stop tier whoring against good people...lol
so DMG where have you been placing lately
and Xyro, for the record, banning snake and MK doesnt make them worse players, it might make them smarter than us even though i still believe we are better at the game

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
and Xyro, for the record, banning snake and MK doesnt make them worse players, it might make them smarter than us even though i still believe we are better at the game
I got 4th at HOBO 10, which was the biggest Texas tournament to date (118 people). I didn't have an easy bracket either, 7 or 8 of the top 10 in Texas where there and I had to face 5 of them, and I played Stiltz twice. I used Wario only at HOBO.

I usually get 1st at the local tourneys, although last time I got a close 2nd to Hylian. The lowest I've placed is like 9th at HOBO 6 or way back then, before I was really good with Wario.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Banning a CHARACTER hurts you in the long run. if they EVER come over here.....they will get molested due to little or NO exp on meta/snake. Trust me there is no way they can be smarter against the best characters in the game if they havnt played a pro one. Dont kid yourself

Tenki

Smash Hero
Mr.3000 probably isn't the best Sonic out there. We don't know that much about the Japanese metagame, Japanese players > American players and it's to early to say anything.
If you mean as a race, you can't make that generalization.

If you mean as regions...

Well, let's look at the Sonic metagame.
Despite my name, I am not Japanese in heritage nor region.

The last vids I saw of a Japanese region Sonic, it was a Sonic with very good accuracy, but all he used was B-air forever, against a Diddy that never used bananas.

Meanwhile, at least in my area/regions of influence, we have spindash cancels and a more colorful use of the specials.

wot.

The Japanese region has tenki, but I am Tenki.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
If you mean as a race, you can't make that generalization.

If you mean as regions...

Well, let's look at the Sonic metagame.
Despite my name, I am not Japanese in heritage nor region.

The last vids I saw of a Japanese region Sonic, it was a Sonic with very good accuracy, but all he used was B-air forever, against a Diddy that never used bananas.

Meanwhile, at least in my area/regions of influence, we have spindash cancels and a more colorful use of the specials.

wot.

The Japanese region has tenki, but I am Tenki.
I ment as a region. But that's just my opinion.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Hmm Tenki I think what's been killing me is marth. Blargh
Oh seriously. I just played my first Marth that could carry me across the stage with fairs. I couldn't spring out. I couldn't airdodge. I basically just had to take it and **** him back. How do you get out of that?

I did alright in the end. I'm just saying.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Banning a CHARACTER hurts you in the long run. if they EVER come over here.....they will get molested due to little or NO exp on meta/snake. Trust me there is no way they can be smarter against the best characters in the game if they havnt played a pro one. Dont kid yourself
lol was that a pun? lol even if it wasnt intentional
but keep in mind that if we go over there, we will get ***** due to ONLY having experience with/against snake and MK

R4ZE

Smash Ace
it is just a combination of factors. broken bs, experience. playstyles

but i still havent seen all these ***got snake/mk players swap characters with me and even get like one of my stocks.

but that just proves sonic has a higher learning curve.
and im better than you XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
it is just a combination of factors. broken bs, experience. playstyles

but i still havent seen all these ***got snake/mk players swap characters with me and even get like one of my stocks.

but that just proves sonic has a higher learning curve.
and im better than you XD
truthiest thing ive read all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom