• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr.3000=The Best Sonic ever?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwL

Smash Cadet
vids of this sonic vs mk/snakes plssssssssss ^^ xDDDddd

Pero

Smash Apprentice
hmm yea 30-60% about 1 or 2 pummels pushing it close with 2. U should with the shield grab be able to pummel them then almost instantly throw them.

sorry about the double post. D:

Browny

Smash Hater
1 pummel for 10-30%
2 for 30-60
3 for 60-90

you get the picture. ive memorised those numbers pretty well. Also interesting, sonics pummel is faster if you press the a button rythmically instead of just mashing it. its at least 30% quicker :O

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
1 pummel for 10-30%
2 for 30-60
3 for 60-90

you get the picture. ive memorised those numbers pretty well. Also interesting, sonics pummel is faster if you press the a button rythmically instead of just mashing it. its at least 30% quicker :O
Evidence?.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Yeah he probably is. I had to play him at my last tournament, he really knows his stuff with Sonic. He claims hes the best Sonic as well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Oh, I read a comment somewhere on some thread here, maybe this one, that AT's don't necessarily make a good Sonic, and that playing smarter > playing with AT's.

It's true. They don't.

There's no point in using spinshot or ASC all the time if you can't effectively create openings for your kill moves, just as there's no point in spamming Mortar Slide all the time.

However, Sonic's techniques (I don't really believe the spin cancels to be... "advanced") can be used smartly, as well.

What if 3000 didn't know that an Aerial Spin Charge could do two hits? What if he started incorporating a bit of ASC combos and fakeouts in his game, or started using side-B feints to bait moves and further pressure his opponent?

I want to see someone who can bring out a balance of both effective 'basics' (good knowledge of the matchup, chasing ability, reading/mindgame ability), while incorporating some of the techniques into their game.
you may think im just being cocky when i say ill be the best sonic. but ive realised this a while back, and trust me, im working hard on it

1 pummel for 10-30%
2 for 30-60
3 for 60-90
1. with these kind of things you have to be aware of everything thats happening. theres lots of variables that you have to take into to account.
a. who are you fighting against. is there a chance that a grab release combo can do more damage than the actual throw? there are are also times where i just grab and knee them until they decide to try to break out and i begin to hear them frantically mashing on their controller. and than throw for max damage. using this method there have been times when my first move of the game was an up throw after 3 pummels
b. more importantly know the person behind the controller. you must know your enemy...
do they know your playstyle? do they expect the up throw to up air? if so and they are DIing behind you, theres a chance you can forward throw and proceed with the same combo. do they expect to get down thrown because they are at the ledge and are DI ing up? up throw instead... its like taichi, use your opponents DI against them. you can even mix it up by never doing any grab punches so as to train your opponent to hold their DI automatically when you grab them, at which point you can start pummels for massive damage. or you can do the opposite and pummel everysingle time to get max damage off of every throw, maybe even let them break out once or twice. this will train them to do everything thing they can to get out of every grab. And mashing button= no DI. and no DI= up throw to up air combos.

the tl;dr version
be as unpredictable with your throws as humanly possible, you never want the other guy to correctly DI your throws. kneeing them inbetween throws helps with this

[/QUOTE]you get the picture. ive memorised those numbers pretty well. Also interesting, sonics pummel is faster if you press the a button rythmically instead of just mashing it. its at least 30% quicker :O[/QUOTE]

rofl.
you only know that because you play lucario

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yeah he probably is. I had to play him at my last tournament, he really knows his stuff with Sonic. He claims hes the best Sonic as well.
Lol, he actually says that? Well I can't blame him. The only other person that plays Sonic on his level (that hasn't quit Brawl) is BB. Between the two of them I'd say it's a toss-up. Mr. 3000 is probably a bit more knowledgeable in using Sonic overall, but BB has some insane dodging/shielding abilities.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i can beat good snake players.... :(

i guess ill hope that im not working during my next tourney... ill try to record a match against him

Tenki

Smash Hero
wut wut, people from GA?

o_O;

why aren't there tourneys in GA? :l

also, Sonic is bad against MK and Snake.

All you can prove is that you're not bad against MK and Snake, and that's a long path for ya.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I still dont find snake to be a truly bad matchup for Sonic personally, both from personal experiences and my own analysis =P. At worst I'd say 60/40. Haven't played a good enough MK though.

Boxob

Smash Champion
People keep taking Snake as like this huge mountain that's impossible to climb.

I made that thread as spam, guys. He isn't a hard match up, at all D:

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
yea Im from GA o.O;;... but still yea well Ill prove I'm not bad against snake and MK. And yea GA needs more tournies.

You Tenki anime alley use to host some SSBM tournies. But now their closed T-T.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
I'd just like to throw some stuff in this thread that atleast WAS at one point partaining to the conversation:

Mr.3000 is a living testament that sonic is not a BAD character, he just requires more devotion than others. Realisticly... just take into consideratiion a few things with sonic:
1. he is one of the most unique cast members, making him hard to learn.
2. many delay spots following moves, which people must LEARN to avoid
3. powerful forward smash, reletivly fast, good range, and can be increased through technique
4. Bair. nuff sed
5. most of sonic's usuable moves are very advanced: ASC, HA, Spin dashing.. Up-b into uair
6. he can air trip... gotta learn to avoid this.
7. ability to deal damage very fast
8. Great mobility and recovery... use the mobility to evade devastating blows, like charged smashes... and use recover to not-die form things you can't avoid.. perfect balance.

9. Mobility provides exellent chasing.
10. Sonic's character space and sheild.. along with mobility make him really hard to hit, and especially hard to grab.

what other character can say they have all they going for them?

Also note: While MK is a tuff as hell matchup for a lot of characters, he really is not much harder than other characters for Sonic to go up against. Wario and G&W definately have more outstanding advantages on sonic.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
hmm I agree with everything you said R4aze well done. But one thing urks me IMO Wario is extremely easy and people say DK is a bad match up (Donkey kong not Diddy. I refer to him as o.o Diddy :D...)
But I find them really easy. The only characters I find difficult are Luigi, Olimar, Peach >_<;;;, and Ganondorf...<_<...>_>,XD lmao sorry couldn't say that with out laughing I'm kidding I burn Ganondorf's. But some might be able to be me idk...anywho. But just those 3 not Ganondorf... I get problems with... IDK guess its just me. oh I forgot... MK... -_- hes hard I can beat some come real close to beating good ones.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
one thing urks me IMO Wario is extremely easy and people say DK is a bad match up
But I find them really easy.
WARIO
EASY
o.0
wut?
You Sir are God then.
Wario ***** Sonic so hard it's beyond belief.
Please enlighten us as to how you manage it.

DK's not that hard though. Big target + punishable attacks = :')

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
Its rather simple...(takes god title balls it up and throws away) Ehh just grab like alittle (and fall in love with power shielding on him) more than normal dtilts gotta love them. Keep him in the air...unless >_> he has a fully charged fart...that is death...U gotta be on serious gaurd for that when hes flashin mind game him in to using it but dont get hit -_-... And erm dont short hop anything cept maybe bair...u'll miss fair hes short...XP you might get the blast line part its hard, but short hopping neutral airs good too. But yea hes easy because hes nearly projectile less if u dont give him a chance to really get the little space he needs for his extra long (dsmash) or laggy moves (upsmash and side smashes, dtilt too.). Just keep him off stage...and dont roll into **** or GET HIT BY HIS FULLY CHARGED FART!... Spindash like normal too.

Or an eaiser way is steal his onions... Onions:Wario::Spinach:popeye
:D

Tenki

Smash Hero
Its rather simple...(takes god title balls it up and throws away) Ehh just grab like alittle (and fall in love with power shielding on him) more than normal dtilts gotta love them. Keep him in the air...unless >_> he has a fully charged fart...that is death...U gotta be on serious gaurd for that when hes flashin mind game him in to using it but dont get hit -_-... And erm dont short hop anything cept maybe bair...u'll miss fair hes short...XP you might get the blast line part its hard, but short hopping neutral airs good too. But yea hes easy because hes nearly projectile less if u dont give him a chance to really get the little space he needs for his extra long (dsmash) or laggy moves (upsmash and side smashes, dtilt too.). Just keep him off stage...and dont roll into **** or GET HIT BY HIS FULLY CHARGED FART!... Spindash like normal too.

Or an eaiser way is steal his onions... Onions:Wario::Spinach:popeye
:D

So in otherwords, the Wario players you play against never use Bite, do they?

Situation 1: Wario approaches you (not WOP style) and uses aerials
- Solution: Shield and grab. Hoorah! ...then your opponent realizes you're shieldgrabbing his aerials and SH-bites you.

Situation 2: You nail a spindash on Wario! Success!
- You try a spindash again! Wario (SH) bites and eats you out of your spindash!

Situation 3: Wario seems pretty non-dangerous. He's not using bite, and you're at around 90%.
- You try to U-air him, feeling safe. OMGWTF WARIO USES HALF-CHARGED FART ON YOU AND KILLS YOU!

>_>

Bite, as a command grab is an annoyance and momentum stopper. Stupid Wario players will use Bite carelessly as soon as you start running to them. Smarter Wario players will mix it up and mindgame Bites. Just keep in mind that if you're already inside his range, it has a bit of startup time that you can hit him out of.

Also whereas full charged fart sends Wario flying upwards (he's more dangerous if you're above him with full charged fart) and sends you in a diagonal trajectory, half-charged farts send you flying more horizontally, making it dangerous to be under him.

Stop playing bad players.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
Oh I dont play bad players tenki my man. I dont always beat my friends when they have Wario. But just forgot about the bite it is annoying. But I am lucky to avoid it?... Probally because I take my own advise and dont run into ****? And I use mind games...lol My bad I forgot to metion it.
I do as a Sonic player or any player should and mix it up alot. Also side note Warios recover is alittle easy(even with the bike if u time what u do right) to gimp. Hit with the blast line of ur fair or just hit him with the foot of ur bair. I say foot because basically any higher will send him toward the direction where faceing. But yes peeps sorry forgot about biteing.

Oddly tho i dont try to kill Wario at the top of the stage at all cuz of his fart. And also if u mess up and spring above him his uair hurts...

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
lol sigh I wish people wouldn't say stupid stuff like that. I said IMO Wario is extremely easy to me... I kno what I'm talkin about with wario my friends love him the play with him alot. Their not the best but hey they sure aren't bad they're definatly good.

So popertop its my opinion, Tenki just gave me some info on pro Wario's I thank him for that. But its not like my friends dont beat me with him, rememeber roooy calmed I must be a god I threw the title away knowing I dont win all the time against Wario. I didnt explain my friends Wario learning legend so Tenki thought they suck but they dont(he might still do). They mindgame bites in on me, those are annoying if I dont seem them coming. The only thing they dont do is half charged farts.

Thanks for your out look on Wario Tenki it'll help my game abit. I get what people mean now. I suppose a pro wario is kinda difficult.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you, micki...
I think any time when you're the one coming up with mind games because you actually have more options you have an advantage over people who are trying to "counter mind-game" by baiting and such. Unless you really can read your opponent like an open book, the fact that the ball starts in his/her court puts you at a huge disadvantage.

I have no doubt you are able to avoid Wario's bite when you play your friends by mind-gaming, but supposing you encounter someone who is on par with you (or even a little worse) at mind-gaming the bite you are going to lose more often than win simply because you are being put on the defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom