• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie Talk!!

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Haha, I've resolved to watch no more trailers for that. I want to be as surprised as I can at whatever happens when I go to see it :p

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If anyone knows the book, "fifty shades of grey", expect to see a film based on it.
I've read almost all of the first book and I have no idea how they plan to do a movie on this book because it literally is page after page of sex. Very very kinky sex.

joY

Pot splitter
It could probably be rated NC-17, or maybe the people making the movie could dumb it down to R.

Not very sure.
There's little to no chance that the movie will be rated NC-17, considering Focus & Universal are looking for big names to head the cast.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
They were showing a remastered version of Jaws in a theater by my house, so I went to see it with a friend. I'd never seen all of Jaws before but it was really freakin' cool and badass.

joY

Pot splitter
They were showing a remastered version of Jaws in a theater by my house, so I went to see it with a friend. I'd never seen all of Jaws before but it was really freakin' cool and badass.
Ahhh, very legit! AMC is bringing back Indiana Jones to the silver screen next month, in select theaters. Pumped for that!

AWWWYEAHHH

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
well that's a weird coincidence because that's the movie I watched last night o.O

I only thought it was okay the first time I saw it but the second viewing is way way better. It's a great movie. It's also really gorgeous to look at so I'd love to see it in a theater.

joY

Pot splitter
I always wondered what it takes to get movies back into the theaters like this.

Also, guess what?

If you guessed that there is going to be a FIFTH installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, then you're right!

Lol, Disney paid Johnny Depp a whopping $116 million to do the role, which doesn't even include residuals.

SIGH

I thought it was parlay to not make sh**ty sequels to sh**ty movies. But I dunno.

edit: How much would you pay to see your favorite movie back on the big screen? And what if it was a private viewing? Oh f*ck.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
very likely

and actually, Jack Sparrow, imo, is one of the most valuable fictional characters in the last decade. I know Depp credits his walk to Keith Richards, but the whole character in and of himself is brilliant and I wouldn't know to whom else you could compare him.

So while I'm sure it's just an excuse to print money, I've always rooted for PotC sequels to be as good as the first, just cause I want so badly for a story to do the character justice.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Whats fun with PotC is that Depps role is one of the best Ive seen and Blooms role is one of the worst Ive seen.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I read all the way up until they started talking about the turtles being "the chosen ones."

Cue a stapler flying right out the window.

Edit: "The damn frog was right: it ain't easy being green"

There goes my globe.

joY

Pot splitter
This seriously does not looks real one bit.
I'd hope so. According to this article, production was cancelled but that's yet to be seen, I suppose.

I stopped when I read that Shredder was renamed Schrader, like from Breaking Bad. Haha, what a joke.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Saw The Expendables 2 last night... If you're into mindless shoot-em-up action movies (particularly from the 80's) then this movie was made for you. Otherwise I can't really recommend this to anyone else.

I personally enjoyed it, but I like action movies sooo... :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
LA Confidential

I wasn't really feeling this movie. I liked the plot. I always like stories about cops fighting against corruption in the force. The script itself left a lot to be desired. It's insanely sanitized and sterilized for a story about LA crime and LAPD corruption.

The best part of the movie was that a character is named Rolo Tomassi, which is the name of one of my favoritest bands in the world. That was fun. Besides that though it was just...meh.

2/5

The Master

This film hypnotized me and sticks in my memory like a vivid fever dream. I can't deny the initial disappointment I felt when the credits began to roll. I was expecting a brutal emotional catharsis in the likes of PT Anderson's earlier films, particularly There Will Be Blood. That was a mistake. This film is a different beast entirely. In fact, I can't think of a single other movie I've ever seen that is comparable to this one. Not in tone, not in structure, not in acting or dialogue or music or cinematography. That makes it very difficult to digest and even more difficult to discuss. So I'm just going to stick with the easy stuff for now.

The acting is absolutely flooring. If humanity is worth a ****, Joaquin Phoenix's performance will be remembered and hailed for years and years to come. It is just as consuming, nuanced and terrifyingly intense as Daniel Day Lewis in Blood. Philip Seymour Hoffman is no slouch as the titular character, and the chemistry these two have together is electric. Smaller roles of Amy Adams and Laura Dern are just as stellar. This is an actor's film, and PTA knows it. He is content to let a scene run well beyond its "point" to simply observe its actors live out their characters. This makes each individual scene a delight and while it's still up in the air for me as to if these scenes add up to a complete whole it is well worth the price of admission for the big scenes alone.

The more I give the film time, the more I'm drawn to it and today it was pretty much all I could think about. I can't wait to see it again so I'm not completely befuddled and confused during watching.

1 trillion years/1 trillion years

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm going to watch the new Silent Hill movie this month with my girlfriend. I actually enjoyed the first movie, despite being different than the game in terms of story. The ending left it open for a sequel too, so I can only hope the second movie is decent, though I'm not really setting my expectations even remotely high.

Peeze

Smash Master
So just watched Prometheus (mad late) but am i the only one who feels like it answered almost no questions that it proposed? Someone explain it to me please

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I actually greatly enjoyed a handful of the scenes in Prometheus, and in the beginning I was sure that it was going to be a great movie. but then nothing added up to anything and pretty much every scene was so full of nonsense that it was constantly distracting me and taking me out of the movie. i can usually live with that, but the boneheaded characters were unlikable and by the end haven't learned or grown or changed at all. idk, something about that movie really made me sour.

Peeze

Smash Master
I also watched Bourne Legacy recently, and i must say, i quite enjoyed it. I went in there expecting just mindless action and it delivered. If you go for a great plot, or character development you'll be disappointed, but it was just a fun watch to me.

Then again it was free

_KANG_

Smash Rookie
I saw Looper last weekend and was really impressed. Anyone else seen it? I've always found that movies that deal with time travel tend to get too confounded with science and philosophy - spending too much time trying to explain how the whole process works. I didn't get that with Looper; it was laid out simply enough and just let the dialogue and action speak for itself. Not only that, but this movie will become an omen to what an amazing actor Joseph Gordon Levitt is. Seriously...he WAS Bruce Willis...it blew my mind!

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I went to go see Sinister last Friday.

All in all I was slightly disappointed. I thought it was for sure going to be scarier than it was. The scary moments mostly felt
the same as the Paranormal Activity series where you were only really tense during the night scenes. Except with this movie the scares weren't nearly as good. Maybe one or two parts. I think the previews for the movie pretty much gave the jumpy parts away.

But I will say it is genuinely creepy and it gave me a disturbed feeling afterwards. Not really scary, just kind of has a latent affect on you psychologically.

Anyone going to see Paranomal Activity 4 this weekend? I'm pretty sure I may. The series should have stopped after the first one, but money is money I guess.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Save money and don't see Paranormal Activity 4. The tag line of "it all led to this" means absolutely nothing, storywise.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I actually do wanna waste my money on paranormal activity 4 just as I wasted my money on final destination 5.

I love how these movies continue further.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Never really saw none of the paranormal activity at all. I wouldn't waste my money to see paranormal activity 4. I'll wacth on netflix when ever paranormal activity 4 gets on netflix then I'll watch for sure, and I was about to watch paranormal activity 3 in school, but the bell rang

Top Bottom