• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie Talk!!

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I've noticed since the first Ebert talk we had, having observed his stuff more since, he's kind of a badass, like... all the time. I wish he'd stop apologizing for some of the things he says

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
So, Cars 2 is the first Pixar film to garner a 'rotten' score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Good riddance, Cars is the lamest thing Pixar has ever done and I hate that they are wasting their talents with a sequel cash grab

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It just for money, apparently the first Cars made tons of merchandise cash, so Pixar thought it'd be a good idea to make another.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Cars, and I guess now Cars 2, are the only Pixar movies I haven't seen, and while I love all their other stuff I don't really feel compelled to watch them. Larry the Cable Guy is just too lame.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I never saw the first Cars until my Driver's Ed teacher showed it at the end of the year. I definitely though it was nothing more than okay, I was surprised to see a trailer for Cars 2. Didn't think it was even close to being that good to rake in 8 billion, though.

Olikus

Smash Champion
ANyone seen kung fu panda 2? I liked the first one so probably gonna watch the sequel too.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I really liked KFP2. the story pleases in a different way than the first one did but still has the familiar charm

I've been really surprised recently at the quality of some CGI movies that I thought were gonna suck hard then... didn't. How to Train Your Dragon was actually really good and I recently watched Tangled with some family and it's not too bad either. I'm glad Pixar doesn't take all the spotlight anymore

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
Just an eighties dark humor movie called 'heathers.' it's crazy.

I loved 'Being John malcovich'

Just saw a classic for the first time 'super troopers'

'Hitch' is one of my favorites

just saw 'the lady killers'

Always watching great movies :D

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Dammit Pixar...
Cars was average at best, not their usual stuff, so was also surprised at a sequel. Probs gonna see it anyways.

Went and saw Kung fu Panda, enjoyed the first one enough, and the 2nd is just as good. If you dimiss logic and whatnot and just slip into entertainment mode you'll enjoy it. Gets kinda deep and emotional when compared tot he first.
Love all the voice actors, Jackie Chan, Angelina jolie, Lucy Liu etc <3

Never been a big fan of the X-men movies, but "First Class" was great. Love James McAvoy in it as Prof X. See why Mystique sides with Magneto

Napos

Smash Ace
anyone heard anything on James Cameron? Heard he was doing a Battle Angel Akina?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Dont forget avatar 3.

Also, I might be watching Final Destination 5. The creator says if the movie was a hit, They'll make 6 & 7.

Also, I'm looking foward to see paranormal activity 3, and more transformers sequels. But shia lebeof might not be in there.

So, Anyone pumped up to see HP7-2 @ 12:00am Fri?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Also, I might be watching Final Destination 5. The creator says if the movie was a hit, They'll make 6 & 7.
Can't wait for this. I'm hoping the movie is more dark and serious like the first three installments and nothing like the fourth. What a horrible movie.

So, Anyone pumped up to see HP7-2 @ 12:00am Fri?
So pumped. I think I'll cry when it's over because it'll be over. :(
But still very excited.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
So Rise of the Planet of the Apes...why the long title?

The CG doesn't look TOO obvious for the apes, but I'm otherwise wishing I'd be something more akin to the King Kong remake.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Brave looks gorgeous but that trailer is generic as ****.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes looks AWESOME even though it doesn't make any sense.

Dark Knight Rises teaser is leaked. I'm not going to link it because it is horrendous quality.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Very lucky. I've been hyped for it's release for a while, hoping to see it within the next week or so.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Can't wait for this. I'm hoping the movie is more dark and serious like the first three installments and nothing like the fourth. What a horrible movie.
Well, since the fourth movie didn't seem such a good movie, warner bros. decided to help out. They did the same with horrible bosses.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Brave looks gorgeous but that trailer is generic as ****.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes looks AWESOME even though it doesn't make any sense.

Dark Knight Rises teaser is leaked. I'm not going to link it because it is horrendous quality.
Andy Serkis (the guy who played Gollum/Smeagol in LOTR) is going to be the lead chimp in Rise of the Apes. Never knew he was both the actor and the guy who does motion capture for Gollum/Smeagol

Liam Neeson's also gonna show up again as Ra's al Ghul in a cameo. I'm guessing
he's not dead yet or something.

Mota

Wow the last Harry Potter was overall excellent, if a bit short. This movie is supposedly the shortest film of the series at only 2 hours and 10 mins. The first half of part 2 was amazing, the second half wasn't how I pictured when reading it and was modified a fair bit a lot wasn't really explained, if it wasn't for me having read the last book a dozen times, characters were introduced to quickly and forgotten. But for the length of the movie it was well done.

I feel the ending was waaaay to quick, long epicness battles, rapid finish, wasn't too true to the book either. Would've liked to have an extra 20mins and do the ending properly with the explanations of the elder wand and Dumbledores past, and the banter between Harry and Voldemort in their final duel

I loved snapes death and the tears he shed as memories so Harry could see who Snapes true allegiance was too, love, and motives. The memory flashback/watching in the pensieve was one of my fave parts

I liked at the end how there's the look into the future, "19 years later". The actors are all in their 20s, and there's an attempt to make them look 40 years old XD add stumble, older coats and middle aged haircuts. I had a good chuckle

Possibly my favourite of the series.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
In your spoiler you mentioned the Elder Wand, but they already explained that in the first half so that's not a spoiler.

:phone:

Mota

Well I was hardly gonna go to all the trouble to uncensor that one word XD
Better to just censor everything instead of having someone cry over it

NTA

Smash Lord
Watched The Butterfly Effect 1 and 2. Keep falling asleep on the third one. Hoping to watch that soon then X-Men First Class is next on the list and then Source Code. Some of the movies I've watched recently are Due Date, Unknown, Sniper Reloaded, Blood Out, and Beastly.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I saw the new Harry Potter.

Voldemort is nowhere near as evil as he is in the book. In the movies he's actually a pretty ok guy.

:phone:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Watched The Butterfly Effect 1 and 2. Keep falling asleep on the third one. Hoping to watch that soon then X-Men First Class is next on the list and then Source Code. Some of the movies I've watched recently are Due Date, Unknown, Sniper Reloaded, Blood Out, and Beastly.
There was a second and third Butterfly Effect?

Source Code was awesome, but Due Date was so terrible I turned it off.

I saw AntiChrist and Howl. Great, great movies.

NTA

Smash Lord
There was a second and third Butterfly Effect?

Source Code was awesome, but Due Date was so terrible I turned it off.

I saw AntiChrist and Howl. Great, great movies.
Yeah. the second one was ok but I think the third one was pretty good. Had a huge twist lol. Yeah Source Code was epic. I didn't get Due Date at first so I kept watching it. It got pretty decent though. Was a bit hard to follow a first. Priest wasn't bad either. Found out about it because it had the guy from Legion. :D
I'll check out that Antichrist movie in the meantime. The newest Red Riding Hood was good also. I liked Elephant White also.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Speaking of sequels, I just discovered that they're making a Paranormal Activity 3. Now, I've only seen the first so I'm not exactly sure how successful the second one was or not, but with this movie I've always felt that it should've been just a stand alone film. Like The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah. the second one was ok but I think the third one was pretty good. Had a huge twist lol. Yeah Source Code was epic. I didn't get Due Date at first so I kept watching it. It got pretty decent though. Was a bit hard to follow a first. Priest wasn't bad either. Found out about it because it had the guy from Legion. :D
I'll check out that Antichrist movie in the meantime. The newest Red Riding Hood was good also. I liked Elephant White also.
Just be warned that Antichrist is nothing like any of the other films you mentioned in this post. It is really extreme.

I love it though and can't recommend it enough. Definitely one of my favorite movies in the past few years.

Mota

I loved Source Code, it took a while to comprehend the whole capsule created by the mind thing however.
Imo the movie should've ended at the scene where the whole train was frozen in laughter. I admit the whole alternate universe is cool, but it doesn't explain what happens to the man in which Colter Stevens keeps getting "Source Coded" into. At the end colter just takes over his body and life and continues on like normal? Does the victim's mind/soul just cease to exist?

I'm sure the man has a job, family, children, friends, social security number and all the memories, small personal details and mannerisms. Eventually people would realise he isn't the same person....It's a stupid ending :/

Due Date reminded me too much of the Hangover. Although I did find it funnier then the Hangover.
I didn't get Due Date at first so I kept watching it. It got pretty decent though. Was a bit hard to follow a first.
What was difficult to follow? The plot was pretty simple. 2 differing personalities road tripping together. Hilarity ensues.

Finally got round to watching The Hurt Locker. I really enjoyed it, def one of my faves. So very tense and realistic, yet delving into a lot of problems soldiers face out of combat.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Speaking of sequels, I just discovered that they're making a Paranormal Activity 3. Now, I've only seen the first so I'm not exactly sure how successful the second one was or not, but with this movie I've always felt that it should've been just a stand alone film. Like The Nightmare Before Christmas.
The second one was god awful. Basically take the order of the scary stuff in the first film (a door moving, a few other things) and multiple it by three. Not even exaggerating. In PA2, the first thing that happens is a door moves on three separate nights. On top of that, it's MUCH slower than the first. So, whereas the first got into the whole "okay here is the scary stuff" pretty fast, the second did a night or two of nothing happening to build tension.

Also, they retconned the first story in such a hamfisted way that I started laughing. PA3 is just cashing in on the success of a pretty good horror movie and its terrible sequel.

NTA

Smash Lord
I loved Source Code, it took a while to comprehend the whole capsule created by the mind thing however.
Imo the movie should've ended at the scene where the whole train was frozen in laughter. I admit the whole alternate universe is cool, but it doesn't explain what happens to the man in which Colter Stevens keeps getting "Source Coded" into. At the end colter just takes over his body and life and continues on like normal? Does the victim's mind/soul just cease to exist?

I'm sure the man has a job, family, children, friends, social security number and all the memories, small personal details and mannerisms. Eventually people would realise he isn't the same person....It's a stupid ending :/

Due Date reminded me too much of the Hangover. Although I did find it funnier then the Hangover. What was difficult to follow? The plot was pretty simple. 2 differing personalities road tripping together. Hilarity ensues.

Finally got round to watching The Hurt Locker. I really enjoyed it, def one of my faves. So very tense and realistic, yet delving into a lot of problems soldiers face out of combat.
I was doing some other stuff so I didn't focus too much on it so I watched it again. xD

X-Men: First Class was a good movie to me. not sure what I was expecting but I enjoyed it. I tried watching Paranormal Activity but I didn't like it after the first few minutes but I"m gonna try and watch it again. Dunno about the second and third ones. I'm currently watching Superman Returns. Wondering if I should watch Superman 1 and 2. I'll just watch it again after I watch those two. :D

Thinking about watching The Hurt Locker someday also.

Top Bottom