• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
@ NintenRob NintenRob Hey Robert, I was wondering who made that signature for you?
Made it myself while at Tafe using roster maker v2. Unfortunatly I can see it myself because of imgur.

But that won't be a problem for much longer since my Laptop get unlocked today (Ownership will be transferred from the Government to me). And on Thursday I graduate! Which means I'll likely won't be able to use Internet as much.

.....I'm also doing Paintball on Wednesday.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Warning Received
AAAAHHHHHHHH I JUST LOST AGAINST A FREAKING ROSALINA ON FOR GLORY, SHE'S SO BROKEN AND OP FOR GOD'S SAKE

I LOVE IT!!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Um , excuse me , can i ask why this person ----> C3CC Recived a warning ?

Because if the reason is ''SALT'' or ''Salty players take stuff seriously'' , i would be so dissapointed.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
More Mario Maker levels!

255D OOOO OO35 8C9O

498B OOOO OO35 9FFE

1O5O OOOO OO35 9F4D

498B OOOO OO35 9EO5

This last one is Rosalina themed, sea creatures have stolen stars and Rosalina must travel from space to sea in order to rescue them.

87BC OOOO OO36 95BC

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Okay...I'm not even gonna ask about some **** in here while I was gone...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nintendo recently announce the new Nintendo president, Tatsumi Kimishima, what do you guys think? I personally feel disappointed that they hired someone who is older than Iwata.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Why does it matter that he is older? I swear to god this kind of comments that i have seen in many sites are totally dissapointing.
If the guy has experience and does a good job at the end of the day , then who gives a damn?

Like really , not to mention that , as i have read , he was at one point President of the Pokemon company so there we have it.

He was chosen for a reason , if anything i hope he gets the company in a different and BETTER direction , i'm already tired of the ''Wii'' brand , they need something else.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Proably should have warned you not to look back......

Also
Found this to be rather adorable
She's so adorable! <3 I love the sparkly stockings and light blue bows. My favorite in Akairiot's maid series.
Nintendo recently announce the new Nintendo president, Tatsumi Kimishima, what do you guys think? I personally feel disappointed that they hired someone who is older than Iwata.
The age was my concern too. He's older than Miyamoto and ten years older than Iwata. I think it was a good idea to have someone experienced and has long work experience with the company, but I feel like it will end up giving less reasons for Nintendo to change some of their ways that people criticize them about such as their strictness on copyright (going after speed runners who use ROM hacks and tool assists? Seriously?).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Proably should have warned you not to look back......

Also
Found this to be rather adorable
I wanted to post this a while ago but wasn't sure if it'd be appropriate.

I love how Akariot draws Rosalina though, his anatomy study of her paid off. Rosalina is also the most fitting character for a maid outfit, as she'd probably actually be really good at since she looks after the Lumas and is a deity and all that. A godly maid! Also she just looks so good, I'd rather a maid like that eat with me than serve me! <3

I'm hoping he can do a good job but yeah, I want more fresh faces with fresh ideas at Nintendo.

I'm just glad it wasn't Miyamoto.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As long as he does a good job the same way Iwata did, then I'm fine with that.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Um , excuse me , can i ask why this person ----> C3CC Recived a warning ?

Because if the reason is ''SALT'' or ''Salty players take stuff seriously'' , i would be so dissapointed.
I think it was because of the uppercase letters. If you read the complete post you'll see that I was joking and meant that I actually love that Rosalina is broken and op (because to me, she totally is). I was just praising the character. She's my main after all!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think it was because of the uppercase letters. If you read the complete post you'll see that I was joking and meant that I actually love that Rosalina is broken and op (because to me, she totally is). I was just praising the character. She's my main after all!
Why are you even quoting me? If you read the rest of the conversation you'll see that my question was answered.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It seems Mint is back as the top Irish Smash player in the Smash 4 power rankings, repping Rosalina, with Sheik as a secondary.

Also Tezuka-san confirmed that Super Mario Maker is getting a music making mode. I'm looking forward to that, will be great for my Rosalina "game".

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Source on that?
Since mario maker already got a way to make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5LHDqkxPX4 (Waiting on DL64 mario maker mix)
http://time.com/4030885/super-mario-maker-nintendo-wii-u/

“There isn’t any way to create music in the game, but we do have some ideas and plans around ways to play with music in the game,” says Tezuka. “We haven’t talked about this publicly yet, but there is a mode that we’re preparing that will allow you to play with sounds and things like that.”

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
No one has anything to say about my Rosalina themed upload? sigh~

I would comment on others if I could but I barely have the opportunity to upload levels, let alone play specific levels of others. Stupid Internet

ALSO LAST DAY OF NORMAL SCHOOL CLASS
TOMORROW I PLAY PAINTBALL
THE DAY AFTER I GRADUATE!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wanted to post this a while ago but wasn't sure if it'd be appropriate.

I love how Akariot draws Rosalina though, his anatomy study of her paid off. Rosalina is also the most fitting character for a maid outfit, as she'd probably actually be really good at since she looks after the Lumas and is a deity and all that. A godly maid! Also she just looks so good, I'd rather a maid like that eat with me than serve me! <3

I'm hoping he can do a good job but yeah, I want more fresh faces with fresh ideas at Nintendo.

I'm just glad it wasn't Miyamoto.
I think Peach fits for a maid as well.

So am I
As long as he does a good job the same way Iwata did, then I'm fine with that.
As as as he willing to continue Nintendo Direct, I'm fine with that as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I made a much larger version of the SMM Rosalina sprite sheet, meaning it can pretty much be used for whatever purpose anyone could possibly need. They just need to size it down.

Attachments

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
still having trouble facing little mac as a rosalina,

what are the best viable options for her again him

i already read the match up thread.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yea, i'm also needing to practice that matchup more. I think atleast dtilt is prob one of the best edgeguards since its harder to react (for counter) to then other stuff. I also get hit by the side b too much in that matchup, I assume its possible to react to that andprobably shield/similar and maybe punish it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
still having trouble facing little mac as a rosalina,

what are the best viable options for her again him

i already read the match up thread.
For me, the main thing is to make the middle of the stage your home, as Little Mac is much more vulnerable when backed near the sides.

Other than that, I tend to play more patiently against Little Mac, as a good Little Mac will ALSO play patiently (the common misconception is that he is rushdown and aggression like Captain Falcon, but he actually should be played more defensively and patiently, he's much more effective that way). Due to his super armour on so many moves though, you want to try not to pull the first punch as he can easily barrel through that. You want to bait him into making moves and retaliate, pressuring him off-stage and keeping him in the air. Even when chasing him in the air, always hesitate when following up unless you know he is in hitstun, as he can use his counter. If you hesitate to actually attack when you get near him, he is likely to end up using the counter but then you can just get him after the active frames of the animation. Using Luma to activate the counter while keeping Rosalina out of it's way is also a really effective strategy, as you can effectively counter his counter that way. It can easily bring him to the side of the stage if he is already in the center.

Shielding and grabbing is also your best friend against him, since grabs easily get him off stage.

Also while knocking him off the stage is the obvious option, don't shy away from top blast zone KOs if you get the chance, since he is just as easy to juggle as he is to pressure off-stage.

When he's off-stage you have an extremely clear advantage so you shouldn't have too much trouble. Just watch out for his counter once again, Little Mac relies on it to get safely back to the stage. It's easy to deal with though. Once again, just bait the animation. In most instances you won't even need to hit him after that, as he will have fallen too low to recover.

I don't find this a problematic match-up in the slightest anymore, it's one of the easier ones, but I admittedly had a bit of trouble with it when the game first came out. That super armour can be annoying before you figure out how to get around it.

Dunno if that helps, but it's what springs to mind. Maybe if you can mention what you have the most trouble with?

Last edited:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
thanks for the reply, i am actually starting to pick up rosalina and my friend always uses mac. I do decent against him with palutena and duckhunt so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom