• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Inb4 Daisy and Waluigi fans complaining on how their characters aren't in there yet Blooper and Cheep Cheep got their own shared page.

Nice calendar tho.
Google "rosalina 4chan".
Filter it to last 24 hours.

That's where you'll find that exact thing happening.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes, Club Nintendo has been discontinued, but that's just one of the final gifts that Club Nintendo members could've received, depending on their region.
Well that means for those who wants to get the calendar got to be fast.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anyone has Super Mario Maker, I've uploaded my first four courses onto Miiverse. If you like them, be sure to star them, as I plan to make more courses, and every star earned can potentially help increase my upload limit more.

The following courses are pretty straightforward, and the difficulty is fair as well.

1-1: Let's Go!
5287-0000-0017-489B
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkbez4eGw

1-2: Underground Hijinxs
CD9E-0000-001A-092A
New Super Mario Bros. U
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkbi1ewEg

1-3: Mushroom Passage
6B3E-0000-001B-9257
Super Mario World
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkblh3xFQ

1-4: Platform Castle
B4A3-0000-0022-72E5
Super Mario Bros. 3
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkbtL7k0g

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I would gladly try out these levels...

...if I HAD MARIO MAKER WHICH I DON'T BECAUSE ARGOS IS SILLY!!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm definitely gonna try out all those levels once I have Mario Maker delivered on my mail. Why couldn't GameStop ship my **** 3 days before launch?

I might as well pre-order Yoshi's Woolly World at Target.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think this Luigi player was literally scared of Rosalina. Demolished him in this match without even doing much, but it's like he was a totally different player when I switched to Sonic (though I still won the other matches, I think) that actually put up a fight.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think this Luigi player was literally scared of Rosalina. Demolished him in this match without even doing much, but it's like he was a totally different player when I switched to Sonic (though I still won the other matches, I think) that actually put up a fight.

Hm.. say, how did you attack while Luma keeps spinning?
And as to your another video, yeah, this Greninja is really a respectful player. Whereas it's very disturbing to see a player who taunts everytime you got koed.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
EB86 OOOO OO2O F358
My first Mario Maker upload, thoughts and opinion
If anyone has Super Mario Maker, I've uploaded my first four courses onto Miiverse. If you like them, be sure to star them, as I plan to make more courses, and every star earned can potentially help increase my upload limit more.

The following courses are pretty straightforward, and the difficulty is fair as well.

1-1: Let's Go!
5287-0000-0017-489B
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkbez4eGw

1-2: Underground Hijinxs
CD9E-0000-001A-092A
New Super Mario Bros. U
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkbi1ewEg

1-3: Mushroom Passage
6B3E-0000-001B-9257
Super Mario World
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkblh3xFQ

1-4: Platform Castle
B4A3-0000-0022-72E5
Super Mario Bros. 3
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkbtL7k0g
If any of you are interested, I've recently uploaded my 5th course for Super Mario Maker. The following course begins world 2.

2-1: Yoshi & the Spiny Attack
2CAA-0000-0027-B8D5
New Super Mario Bros. U
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkb1z8hSA

Try mine out as well!

Rosalina's Airship Adventure

7B9B-0000-0024-9056
You get a star! And you get a star! And you get a star! You all get stars! So many stars to shine down on everyone!
You guys will probably love this.

https://instagram.com/p/7ijHIIwmu7/
Naturally she will always be the true champion.

TriTails

Smash Lord

>Luigi
>No SHFF game
>Rolls a ton lot
>Airdodges to the ground

Consider it a practice mode with a lvl 1 CPU and not actually FG :p.

Can you play on 3DS sometimes? The usual 'You want to fight Y with X but Y is so frickin' rare. You switch to Z then Y appeared and wallop you. You try to switch to X but Y leave' syndromed is happening to me. I want to fight a Rosalina with Luigi, but most Rosalinas online are pretty bad.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
>Luigi
>No SHFF game
>Rolls a ton lot
>Airdodges to the ground

Consider it a practice mode with a lvl 1 CPU and not actually FG :p.

Can you play on 3DS sometimes? The usual 'You want to fight Y with X but Y is so frickin' rare. You switch to Z then Y appeared and wallop you. You try to switch to X but Y leave' syndromed is happening to me. I want to fight a Rosalina with Luigi, but most Rosalinas online are pretty bad.
Implying that For Glory Luigis don't follow the pattern of
>B
>B
>B
>Dash Grab because they (power)shielded it so I then do DThrow Fair Fair UTiltUTiltUTiltUTiltUSmash and then DThrow Up B
And occasionally
>Oh no, I missed! I must roll when he gets close so that I can then punish with dash grab
Or
>Oh no, I got hit, I must airdodge before he hits me again
Or
>Oh, no, I'm in the air, I must air dodge/Nair/Dair/Fair/Down B him
And finally
>Oh no, I'm offstage, I will charge forward B so I recover and hit him altoghether.
That's literally how every Luigi in For Glory faced me, same goes for any character with a projectile and grab combos, ZSS included.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
I only do that if the opponent is easy to grab.

Even then, my combos aren't simply double chop.

They're hard to grab? I invite them to aerials wars.

I suppose I'm not the usual FG Luigis if that's how they work :p.

Seriously though. Everytime I see a Luigi not doing SHFF aerials, I feel like throwing a chair.

On another topic, can anyone play me sometime? Would like some Rosalina experience.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You get a star! And you get a star! And you get a star! You all get stars! So many stars to shine down on everyone!
Every little bit helps, since getting a lot of stars can help increase the upload limit that you're given for uploading courses; you start out with an upload limit of 10.

It will be weird if she still uses Garchomp...
Like I've brought up before, I often think that if Rosalina is a Pokemon Trainer, she'd be a Fairy-type trainer. In a way, the Lumas can feel like fairies themselves.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Every little bit helps, since getting a lot of stars can help increase the upload limit that you're given for uploading courses; you start out with an upload limit of 10.

Like I've brought up before, I often think that if Rosalina is a Pokemon Trainer, she'd be a Fairy-type trainer. In a way, the Lumas can feel like fairies themselves.
I think so.

An can anyone tell how can Rosalina still move and attack while Luma is still spinning?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only do that if the opponent is easy to grab.

Even then, my combos aren't simply double chop.

They're hard to grab? I invite them to aerials wars.

I suppose I'm not the usual FG Luigis if that's how they work :p.

Seriously though. Everytime I see a Luigi not doing SHFF aerials, I feel like throwing a chair.

On another topic, can anyone play me sometime? Would like some Rosalina experience.
I can play today if you want, just let me know when.

I think so.

An can anyone tell how can Rosalina still move and attack while Luma is still spinning?
You start Luma's jab finisher while Rosalina is in a state where she can't attack, and keep the button held down thereafter.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Personally think Rosalina is more Champion status, she even has some similarities.

And her signature Pokemon HAS to be Kangaskan, The Parental Pokemon. Mega Kangaskan even funtions similar t

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can play today if you want, just let me know when.

You start Luma's jab finisher while Rosalina is in a state where she can't attack, and keep the button held down thereafter.
So how did you use Rosalina to attack while holding the attack button?

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
While it may not be exactly how I would envision her, it's still amazing work. She looks stunning. I would love to see a full body render though that would be a lot of work.

------

Anyway, I decided to do not one, but two speedruns with Rosalina in 3D World today. Hope you all enjoy!

------

That was really nice of you to type that up. I appreciate the genuine thought you put into this. Thank you.
I had no idea you could do this with Rosalina in 3D world :O

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah Rosalina is pretty much broken in 3D World. She's the best character in base form. Though if you allow suits while speedrunning, then Peach is the best, since she gets the best air time from the "Cat-Tanooki Jump" trick, which skips entire levels. Though I don't consider it as fun since it takes no skill or knowledge of the level at all.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some Daisy fan is saying they will make a Rule 34 flash animation of Rosalina and Daisy if 100 people send them evidence that they voted for Daisy in the Smash Ballot.

That is like, the definition of desperation and insanity.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Some Daisy fan is saying they will make a Rule 34 flash animation of Rosalina and Daisy if 100 people send them evidence that they voted for Daisy in the Smash Ballot.

That is like, the definition of desperation and insanity.
I saw a poll about Japan's most wanted characters in Smash 4. It appears Daisy is really really low in the poll. (even lower than Viridi, seriously).
Or the West has really different opinions, or the people who want Daisy in Smash are uselessly loudly.
Or that poll (there) has false informations, something possible too. It'd be great to see a recent West's opinion on that. I wonder if Shovel Knight or/and Shantae could make it in the West's list.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I saw a poll about Japan's most wanted characters in Smash 4. It appears Daisy is really really low in the poll. (even lower than Viridi, seriously).
Or the West has really different opinions, or the people who want Daisy in Smash are uselessly loudly.
Or that poll (there) has false informations, something possible too. It'd be great to see a recent West's opinion on that. I wonder if Shovel Knight or/and Shantae could make it in the West's list.
Then again those results are irrelevant , and at the end of the day , not only we all know that Daisy wouldn't made it , but also that looking at the options with higher % we can tell people are not really ''feeling it''

Wolf , a semi clone , is one of the Highest % , that's enough to let me down on humanity. If anything he should have been in the base game , bringing him back now instead of an unique character would be questionable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have no problem with people who want Daisy by principle (though I don't think she warrants being in the game personally).

I just find this particular instance pathetic. The best part is that they plan to make Rosalina the dominant one - they are trying to coax Rosalina fans into voting for Daisy by promising a Rule 34 flash of Rosalina using Daisy as her "play thing". It's pure desperation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Believe it or not, I'm actually planning on making a Rosalina "game" in Mario Maker. Basically a set of levels where I intend them to be played in order, with an attempt at telling a simple storyline too.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I have no problem with people who want Daisy by principle (though I don't think she warrants being in the game personally).

I just find this particular instance pathetic. The best part is that they plan to make Rosalina the dominant one - they are trying to coax Rosalina fans into voting for Daisy by promising a Rule 34 flash of Rosalina using Daisy as her "play thing". It's pure desperation.
Rule 34 is desperation in itself...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
All of the sprites for the Mystery Mushroom costumes in Super Mario Maker have been ripped, including Rosalina's, if anyone is interested:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom