• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Spoilering because this is probably the most pathetic post in my life.

>Watches ScrewAttack's Amiibo Cockfight Tournament out of curiosity
>Skips ahead to a random point in the video
>Lands right on the execution of a Rosalina Amiibo
>Goes back a bit to see how it transpired
>The Rosalina Amiibo was badly trained and lost to a Link, also named "SpaceB****"
>They call her a princess OF COURSE
>They spin the wheel to choose her fate
>IT LANDED ON MERCY, MEANING THEY SHOULD HAVE SPARED HER
>But since it was the first fight and because the pervy crowd of white trash Smash fans were cheering to see something done to it, they chose to give her the saw since it was the next closest thing
>After sawing off Luma from the stand and breaking the stand the saw off her head
>The head and body wobbles about like crazy, making it look like a real person is being sawed to death and is struggling
>People are cheering for this

My heart literally ached through the whole thing, and when it came to sawing off her head I legit wanted to scroll down. Like holy crap that disturbed me and effected me way more than I thought it would and way more than it had any right to.

I think what disturbed me the most is how especially ecstatic the crowd were because it's Rosalina, and how they specifically ignored that it landed on "Mercy" with her. And one of the commentators saying "EVERYONE wants to see Rosalina get her head chopped off!". It disturbed me because I know that the majority of the Smash competitive community actually think like that and hate the character just because of Smash. I'm well aware of how disgusting Rosalina's hatedom (and sometimes fandom) gets due to seeing certain images and Twitter accounts on the internet, they often stoop to pure disgusting perversion and this just reminded me of that. I'm well aware of how people who put her in "death battles" or "canon power battles" love to undermine/entirely disregard her beyond godly power and portray her as a helpless damsel because they like the idea of her being beat up, often followed by "something else". It sickens me to my stomach and for some odd reason, a silly video of a bunch of bad YouTubers (I rarely like anything ScrewAttack makes anymore) destroying toys in front of a crowd reminded me of it, if only because they seem to take specific pleasure in doing that specifically to a Rosalina Amiibo.

The only thing that made it better is that a good number of commenters on the video seemed to feel the same.

I'm well aware I will be made fun of and I won't defend getting so upset over this, but I just had to vent, my heart hurts man. :(

TL;DR

I'm absolutely pathetic, but ScrewAttack?.....

rosalina_why.png

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I saw a video that had the invincibility music change when Mario had his modern costume in mario maker. It changed to the Wing cap music from SM64.

Hopefully this means the same will happen when other character grab the star. I hope Rosalina gets this

It'll probably just be the invincibility theme from 3D World or Galaxy though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I saw a video that had the invincibility music change when Mario had his modern costume in mario maker. It changed to the Wing cap music from SM64.

Hopefully this means the same will happen when other character grab the star. I hope Rosalina gets this

It'll probably just be the invincibility theme from 3D World or Galaxy though.
Oh god, I'm checking that first thing in the morning when I get the game.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

>The Rosalina Amiibo was badly trained and lost to a Link, also named "SpaceB****"
>But since it was the first fight and because the pervy crowd of white trash Smash fans were cheering to see something done to it, they chose to give her the saw since it was the next closest thing
>After sawing off Luma from the stand and breaking the stand the saw off her head
>The head and body wobbles about like crazy, making it look like a real person is being sawed to death and is struggling

My heart literally ached through the whole thing, and when it came to sawing off her head I legit wanted to scroll down. Like holy crap that disturbed me and effected me way more than I thought it would and way more than it had any right to.

I think what disturbed me the most is how especially ecstatic the crowd were because it's Rosalina, and how they specifically ignored that it landed on "Mercy" with her. And one of the commentators saying "EVERYONE wants to see Rosalina get her head chopped off!". It disturbed me because I know that the majority of the Smash competitive community actually think like that and hate the character just because of Smash. I'm well aware of how disgusting Rosalina's hatedom (and sometimes fandom) gets due to seeing certain images and Twitter accounts on the internet, they often stoop to pure disgusting perversion and this just reminded me of that. I'm well aware of how people who put her in "death battles" or "canon power battles" love to undermine/entirely disregard her beyond godly power and portray her as a helpless damsel because they like the idea of her being beat up, often followed by "something else". It sickens me to my stomach and for some odd reason, a silly video of a bunch of bad YouTubers (I rarely like anything ScrewAttack makes anymore) destroying toys in front of a crowd reminded me of it, if only because they seem to take specific pleasure in doing that specifically to a Rosalina Amiibo.

I'm well aware I will be made fun of and I won't defend getting so upset over this, but I just had to vent, my heart hurts man. :(

TL;DR

View attachment 72818
Geez, which video were you talking about?
I have sub screwattack like ever since I had a Youtube.
Well... some are just entertaining, but you aren't the only one. There are Rosalina fans who will hate that video. And that's weird, screwattack is a big Youtube channel is shouldn't make fun of any character.

Okay I have watch it.
Ah, Ben Signer, you are such a *******...
It's actually a SGC live event, I would have stop watching when it got to Rosalina part.
First off, I feel a bit pain to, but as you see, there were items which no wonder why Rosalina lost to Link. Rosalina can definitely handle Link in a competitive fight (No items, Omega stage).
And I don't think it landed on mercy, it past mercy and landed between mercy and saw. It seems that it's saw because it landed on the saw zone, if the wheel stop in front of mercy, she would have got mercy. It would really be a miracle if it did though...

And HOW AWKWARD and DAMN that the next match Dark Pit VS Ness, Rosalina's broken amiibo corpses lies next to their amiibos...
And yep, Dark Pit got sledge hammered which also made me a bit sad. But still, clam down, there were other amiibos of my favorite characters being ..ya know..
He means this one...
I like that as well.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Geez, which video were you talking about?
I have sub screwattack like ever since I had a Youtube.
Well... some are just entertaining, but you aren't the only one. There are Rosalina fans who will hate that video. And that's weird, screwattack is a big Youtube channel is shouldn't make fun of any character.

Okay I have watch it.
Ah, Ben Signer, you are such a *******...
It's actually a SGC live event, I would have stop watching when it got to Rosalina part.
First off, I feel a bit pain to, but as you see, there were items which no wonder why Rosalina lost to Link. Rosalina can definitely handle Link in a competitive fight (No items, Omega stage).
And I don't think it landed on mercy, it past mercy and landed between mercy and saw. It seems that it's saw because it landed on the saw zone, if the wheel stop in front of mercy, she would have got mercy. It would really be a miracle if it did though...

And HOW AWKWARD and DAMN that the next match Dark Pit VS Ness, Rosalina's broken amiibo corpses lies next to their amiibos...
And yep, Dark Pit got sledge hammered which also made me a bit sad. But still, clam down, there were other amiibos of my favorite characters being ..ya know..

I like that as well.
It did land on mercy.

The way they were doing it was if it didn't land exactly on the word, they would go with the one it was closest to. As you can see, the arrow landed on the right side of the lightning symbol - closer to Mercy.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Speaking of Screw Attack, I'm wondering if/when Rosie gets into Death Battle, which Sonic character she'll face off against. My guess is Blaze, Chaos/Tikal, or Black Doom. I'd place my bets on the last due to them being practically opposites.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Speaking of Screw Attack, I'm wondering if/when Rosie gets into Death Battle, which Sonic character she'll face off against. My guess is Blaze, Chaos/Tikal, or Black Doom. I'd place my bets on the last due to them being practically opposites.
From Sonic?

Blaze is the only one that can come out as a good match.

From another series ... i dunno , Rosalina is not a character that can have rivalry with a character from other franchise , like it hasn't been shown that way as far as i know.

For Example we can have Mario vs Pretty much any MAIN character from a big game.

Or like we did with Peach , where she faced her ultimate nemesis ... Princess Zelda , which is kinda a counter part as she is basically the second most important Princess in Nintendo games.

I Wouldn't know , but what i know is that if the outcome is that She loses , people would get salty as hell , much like many of the Big Death battle videos (Mai winning against Chun-li for example) even if it's just for fun.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think they'll likely wait until we her use more abilities and its clearer what she can actually do. Right now from we've actually seen her do, she can

Do her Smash moves (including telekinesis, gravitation manipulation, summon launch stars at will, use her wand for offence, galaxy attacks)
Float
Protective bubble
Spin attack
Teleport
Summon comets when she's happy
Change her size

I think Blaze is the most likely candidate although many may cringe at the idea, Elsa is also possible.

When it comes to death battles, I want to see Buffy vs Blade.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think they'll likely wait until we her use more abilities and its clearer what she can actually do. Right now from we've actually seen her do, she can

Do her Smash moves (including telekinesis, gravitation manipulation, summon launch stars at will, use her wand for offence, galaxy attacks)
Float
Protective bubble
Spin attack
Teleport
Change her size

I think Blaze is the most likely candidate although many may cringe at the idea, Elsa is also possible.

I totally agree , i mean i actually can see Elsa vs Rosalina happening XD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd say Black Doom is too obscure to feature in Death Battle. He also only existed in one (heavily panned) game and some comics, and honestly didn't do much in terms of power. Like, he relied on his army and a few scientific advantages more than anything, he didn't seem particularly powerful. He had Shadow do everything for him.

The best you could do is Blaze, as they are very comparable (both strong female characters that came late in the franchises lifespan, but are regarded as being as good as if not completely superior to the Classic characters in terms of how developed they are despite not being around as long). Also Blaze is a princess and everyone seems to think Rosalina is. Also Rosalina is a Water Element in Puzzles & Dragons, while Blaze is a fire wielder.

Really though, I don't think Rosalina would ever get into Death Battle any time soon because A) she isn't a "classic" character, and B) if you actually be fair and take everything into account with her, she'd be the clear winner and there wouldn't be much of a fight with any character. She's a universe defying goddess (in fact someone came to me recently suggesting she is more than that and I think it's likely, but I don't quite understand the concept of "fourth dimensional beings" yet so I will hold off on calling her that for now), I mean, really. I still think that Rosalina VS Sonic "analysis" in that one topic is pure, unadulterated, bad fanfic tier bull. I say this as someone who adores Sonic as much as Rosalina.

I even think she'd beat Superman but I won't go into that because despite the logic being sound, nobody would listen to me because NERRRRRRRRR

We all know they'd put her against Elsa though.

Or Villager, to make a stab at how people play them defensively and campy in Smash (completely justified in Villager's case).

Or heck, I could see them putting Rosalina & Luma against another puppet fighter duo from another fighting game.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I was browsing my Youtube account and decided to look at the 3 MK8 uploads I have and two have Rosalina
Interesting that I'm using that combination since I usually use one with Rosalina's Dress, usually the Pipe Frame

And the other one has Baby Mario
Even the Blue Shell doesn't like Pink Gold Peach

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

The only thing that made it better is that a good number of commenters on the video seemed to feel the same.

TL;DR

View attachment 72818

I as well get very defensive over characters I love and hurt when bad things happen to them out of spite and hatred. When **** like that happens, it feels like your respect, love, and passion towards "X" thing amounts to nothing in the eyes of everyone else. It's like being indirectly bullied and discriminated against towards what you find joy in while others find pleasure in causing suffering towards what you enjoy. Almost like the equivalent of people destroying a voodoo replica of you right before your eyes. Or if a group of people were savagely harming a pet that you love so much. When you have love for something or someone, you feel connected to them through a special bond. And when something bad happens to that thing or person, the same pain can be felt. It feels like a nightmare. Like everyone's against you during that moment. Like you're feeling isolated but at the same time being actively attacked. Cockfights are simply evil that way. You were viewing pure sadism, and the way you reacted to it was in no way pathetic. It's perfectly normal. Those people were all acting on negativity and didn't care about any supporters of the losing team. No regards to the emotional impact in may have on someone. Yet people will still end up saying things like, "Oh, stop getting upset over toys." or, "You have problems and you need to get over your materialism." Screw them! It's not about materialism, it's about what it represents to people and it's about those who establish and define their cause towards something. Any form of death for entertainment is beyond ****ed up. That's why the mere concept that this amiibo cockfight was a thing made me sick to my stomach. Putting something you value on the line? All or nothing? No thank you, I don't want to partake in that sadistic bull****. It may not be emotionally mutual for everyone, but there has to be some form of understanding why this can be seen as offensive. Don't ever let anyone tell you that reacting that way is pathetic because "they're just toys." It damages well-being, and that is unacceptable. Hatedoms are some of the biggest offenders of tattooing pain on the fans.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

Float
Protective bubble
Spin attack
Teleport
Change her size

Darn, how did I forget about Elsa? Banking that Rosie would win that battle because "living in the deep cold void of space".

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It did land on mercy.

The way they were doing it was if it didn't land exactly on the word, they would go with the one it was closest to. As you can see, the arrow landed on the right side of the lightning symbol - closer to Mercy.
Hm... I didn't remember they just use saw on Rosalina either... did they?
Same case for Dark Pit... I guess

未命名 ˇ3.png

They went for sledge hammer even though it land near the...

Pacman was also a bit weird too, they seem to choose the left punishment, they put him in the blender, snd geez. They don't even let Black nerd take the last pic of his Pacman amiibo....
And see? The camera seems to let us show Rosalina amiibo's corpses on purpose. It just slowly goes to the right and show the broken Rosalina amiibo.
未命名 2.png

Now that is a bit offensive I dare say.
BTW, did any amiibo got mercy? I don't have/want to waste the time watching the entire video.

I as well get very defensive over characters I love and hurt when bad things happen to them out of spite and hatred. When **** like that happens, it feels like your respect, love, and passion towards "X" thing amounts to nothing in the eyes of everyone else. It's like being indirectly bullied and discriminated against towards what you find joy in while others find pleasure in causing suffering towards what you enjoy. Almost like the equivalent of people destroying a voodoo replica of you right before your eyes. Or if a group of people were savagely harming a pet that you love so much. When you have love for something or someone, you feel connected to them through a special bond. And when something bad happens to that thing or person, the same pain can be felt. It feels like a nightmare. Like everyone's against you during that moment. Like you're feeling isolated but at the same time being actively attacked. Cockfights are simply evil that way. You were viewing pure sadism, and the way you reacted to it was in no way pathetic. It's perfectly normal. Those people were all acting on negativity and didn't care about any supporters of the losing team. No regards to the emotional impact in may have on someone. Yet people will still end up saying things like, "Oh, stop getting upset over toys." or, "You have problems and you need to get over your materialism." Screw them! It's not about materialism, it's about what it represents to people and it's about those who establish and define their cause towards something. Any form of death for entertainment is beyond ****ed up. That's why the mere concept that this amiibo cockfight was a thing made me sick to my stomach. Putting something you value on the line? All or nothing? No thank you, I don't want to partake in that sadistic bull****. It may not be emotionally mutual for everyone, but there has to be some form of understanding why this can be seen as offensive. Don't ever let anyone tell you that reacting that way is pathetic because "they're just toys." It damages well-being, and that is unacceptable. Hatedoms are some of the biggest offenders of tattooing pain on the fans.
Just never surprise that your favorite character has fandom.
It's just the reason matters. Smash community (Especially/Or only competitive scene) started to have the Rosalina hatdom ever since like... when they think that she was too OP?I have never heard any negative voice when Rosalina was confirmed.

The voice started to get a bit controversy when that guy, MTP show probably the most pathetic reason for hating not just Rosalina, but almost every character. If your reason for hating a character is like troll, nobody is gonna give a **** on you.
I totally agree , i mean i actually can see Elsa vs Rosalina happening XD
Rosalina would definitely win.

And of course, I ONLY just click dislike on nearly every video when the character I hope to win lost. Like Mario VS Sonic, Luigi VS Tails etc...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd say Black Doom is too obscure to feature in Death Battle. He also only existed in one (heavily panned) game and some comics, and honestly didn't do much in terms of power. Like, he relied on his army and a few scientific advantages more than anything, he didn't seem particularly powerful. He had Shadow do everything for him.
The funny thing is, Devil Doom (Black Doom's ultimate form) is almost unbeatable. Shadow had to constantly attack Doom's Eye to defeat him.

But yeah, other than that, Black Doom relied a lot more on his own army, and never actually did anything by himself.

TriTails

Smash Lord
The funny thing is, Devil Doom (Black Doom's ultimate form) is almost unbeatable. Shadow had to constantly attack Doom's Eye to defeat him.

But yeah, other than that, Black Doom relied a lot more on his own army, and never actually did anything by himself.
Black Doom is definitely powerful. I don't remember much from the game as it has been quite a long time since the last I played it but being able to control minds, teleporting others, creating multiple copies of himself, etc, suggest he at least is strong by himself.

And Devil Doom? Weak part is only the eye. Charge that Chaos Spear buddy.

That said, in the game I don't think anything is particularly terrifying or godlike in Black Doom, aside from his voice.

Now that I mentioned it, his ****ing voice.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wouldn't call him near unbeatable, the eye is very exposed. And I'm pretty sure his body wouldn't withstand being crushed by a planet or something.

Anyway I didn't get Mario Maker, but I got a reservation on it for tomorrow. I was specifically going for the Amiibo bundle, and apparently the place I'm getting it at is giving away free posters with it too, so that's cool.

I think I will flesh out my level ideas today, and do that speedrun of that level in 3D World with Rosalina and record it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Black Doom is definitely powerful. I don't remember much from the game as it has been quite a long time since the last I played it but being able to control minds, teleporting others, creating multiple copies of himself, etc, suggest he at least is strong by himself.

And Devil Doom? Weak part is only the eye. Charge that Chaos Spear buddy.

That said, in the game I don't think anything is particularly terrifying or godlike in Black Doom, aside from his voice.

Now that I mentioned it, his ****ing voice.
Yeah unlike Rosalina, Black Doom doesn't exactly have any god-like powers. The reason why the Black Arms were such a big threat was because there wasn't much that could oppose them, or at least until Shadow turned against them.

Anyway, on a different subject, I've started playing Super Mario Maker today, all thanks to the pre-purchase that I made back in August.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Yeah unlike Rosalina, Black Doom doesn't exactly have any god-like powers. The reason why the Black Arms were such a big threat was because there wasn't much that could oppose them, or at least until Shadow turned against them.
Mostly they had the element of surprise, leveling 7 major cities before GUN could even mobilize and crashing the Internet among things. When they attack a second time in the Archie comics post-reboot, they don't even get into orbit before they're taken out. The only reason the put up some resistance the second time is due to having a second "Shadow" of sorts.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
So, this is what happens when you make her look realistic
The author wants to remake it because of the masculine anatomy she has, but it's great nevertheless.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The author wants to remake it because of the masculine anatomy she has, but it's great nevertheless.
"Realistic" is one word to describe who she is. It's a great start right there.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ummm The person who made it , totally did a great job.

Even though , in my opinion there are some features that i dont really find similar, The hair has too many Layers , thats not really realistic.

i dunno.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While it may not be exactly how I would envision her, it's still amazing work. She looks stunning. I would love to see a full body render though that would be a lot of work.

------

Anyway, I decided to do not one, but two speedruns with Rosalina in 3D World today. Hope you all enjoy!

------

That was really nice of you to type that up. I appreciate the genuine thought you put into this. Thank you.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
While it may not be exactly how I would envision her, it's still amazing work. She looks stunning. I would love to see a full body render though that would be a lot of work.

------

Anyway, I decided to do not one, but two speedruns with Rosalina in 3D World today. Hope you all enjoy!

------

That was really nice of you to type that up. I appreciate the genuine thought you put into this. Thank you.
Wow, nice speedrun video.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just realised 3D World's timer doesn't count in real world seconds - it counts faster than that.

The video of 4-1 above says 66 seconds was my final time, so I said that in the thumbnail...but the video, including the victory animation, pipe transitions, and the results screen (none of these are counted on the in-game timer) is only 65 seconds long.

So while I say 66 seconds and the game says that, that's in "Mario seconds". The real life time is actually a fair bit quicker than what the results screen and my thumbnail says.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
D'aaawwww, I love her shy little smile, it's cute.

Do you know where I might get that?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It looks like a Japanese calendar from the Club Nintendo service. You probably won't be able to get it internationally, since my Club Nintendo 2016 calendar looks much different.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina is in the Super mario 2016 Calendar

Yeah, and kind of weird that it's for Club Nintendo. Wasn't Club Nintendo already over in Japan?
This is probably the first time we see Peach showing her hair flopping on her shoulder.
It looks like a Japanese calendar from the Club Nintendo service. You probably won't be able to get it internationally, since my Club Nintendo 2016 calendar looks much different.
Isn't Club Nintendo already over in Japan?
Nice avatar :)

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Rosalina is in the Super mario 2016 Calendar
Rosalina paired with an invicibility star. They try to send us a message.
That's the cutest calendar I ever saw... Plus, it gives us a pretty good render of Rosalina's artwork there. I love it. I wonder if I can find a transparent version of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom