• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's pretty annoying whenever people start making those heavyweight statements on Rosalina. Mario Kart Wii uses a size class system, while in Mario Kart 7, Rosalina was in the Cruiser weight class; she was never classified as being heavyweight in those games.

Sadly, Mario Kart 8 didn't do a thorough job with its weight classes. And of course, in Smash 4, Rosalina is actually a very lightweight character.
She is just a tall figure in Smash Bros.
Actually Rosalina is heavy.

Mario Kart may use a size based system, but it's not like Rosalina is very skinny. She's near 8 feet tall, has fairly thick thighs, voluptuous hips, backside, and a big bust (her gown hides it but you can see it in certain positions in her biker outfit), and she has a big head. It's not hard to believe she could be heavy. Cruiserweights in Mario Kart are still considered heavies, and she still shares the class with Donkey Kong.

If you need another game that proves Rosalina is heavy, look no further than Mario Golf: World Tour. For her Double Bogey animation, three Lumas try to keep her standing after she faints, but they can't hold her and she drops like a rock. She hits the ground with enough force to cause a small tremor and sends the Lumas around her flying.

The only reason Rosalina is light in Smash (even lighter than Peach) is because she uses her gravitational magic to make herself lighter for fairness, as Sakurai stated. You can see this magic at work in Rosalina's single bogey animation too, in World Tour:

The moment the single Luma catches her, she wakes up and turns on her powers so she doesn't fall on top of him.
Perhaps it does makes sense, but I still can't imagine she is that heavy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually Rosalina is heavy.

Mario Kart may use a size based system, but it's not like Rosalina is very skinny. She's near 8 feet tall, has fairly thick thighs, voluptuous hips, backside, and a big bust (her gown hides it but you can see it in certain positions in her biker outfit), and she has a big head. It's not hard to believe she could be heavy. Cruiserweights in Mario Kart are still considered heavies, and she still shares the class with Donkey Kong.

If you need another game that proves Rosalina is heavy, look no further than Mario Golf: World Tour. For her Double Bogey animation, three Lumas try to keep her standing after she faints, but they can't hold her and she drops like a rock. She hits the ground with enough force to cause a small tremor and sends the Lumas around her flying.

The only reason Rosalina is light in Smash (even lighter than Peach) is because she uses her gravitational magic to make herself lighter for fairness, as Sakurai stated. You can see this magic at work in Rosalina's single bogey animation too, in World Tour:

The moment the single Luma catches her, she wakes up and turns on her powers so she doesn't fall on top of him.
Still, Rosalina shouldn't be as heavy as Donkey Kong or Roy Koopa. Much like with Waluigi, Rosalina is on the thin side, while Donkey Kong and Roy are on the bulky side.

If anything, Rosalina is just capable of modifying her gravity, which can potentially make her weigh more or less than she really is; being depressed about getting a Double Bogey would probably make her feel very heavy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Still, Rosalina shouldn't be as heavy as Donkey Kong or Roy Koopa. Much like with Waluigi, Rosalina is on the thin side, while Donkey Kong and Roy are on the bulky side.

If anything, Rosalina is just capable of modifying her gravity, which can potentially make her weigh more or less than she really is; being depressed about getting a Double Bogey would probably make her feel very heavy.
She wouldn't be quite as heavy as Donkey Kong, but she wouldn't be far from it. As for Roy Koopa, I could easily see her being heavier. Same with Morton, I never understood why he is in the same class as Bowser.

And as I stated previously, Rosalina really isn't thin, she is actually quite thick in various areas. Her arms are her thinnest area, and even then, they still have definition. Her thick areas, large frame, and big head are more than enough to believe-ably make her a heavyweight.

And the reason she fell with such weight had nothing to do with mood, she literally faints in her Bogey animations. The difference is that for regular Bogeys, she wakes up as the Luma catches her, turning her powers back on. With the Double Bogey, however, she doesn't wake up, so her powers are off, meaning that's her natural weight.

For a real life reference, here is the current tallest woman in the world to have ever lived, Yao-Defen:

She was 7'8", which is an inch taller than Rosalina's canonical height. Do you honestly think she is lighter than the people surrounding her?

Because there is no way she is. In fact, she weighed 395 pounds. That's around the weight of the average piano or sports motorcycle.

So for reference, Rosalina probably weighs about as much as the motorcycles Mario rides in Mario Kart (not as much as her own ones though, as they are bigger).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She wouldn't be quite as heavy as Donkey Kong, but she wouldn't be far from it. As for Roy Koopa, I could easily see her being heavier. Same with Morton, I never understood why he is in the same class as Bowser.

And as I stated previously, Rosalina really isn't thin, she is actually quite thick in various areas. Her arms are her thinnest area, and even then, they still have definition. Her thick areas, large frame, and big head are more than enough to believe-ably make her a heavyweight.

And the reason she fell with such weight had nothing to do with mood, she literally faints in her Bogey animations. The difference is that for regular Bogeys, she wakes up as the Luma catches her, turning her powers back on. With the Double Bogey, however, she doesn't wake up, so her powers are off, meaning that's her natural weight.

For a real life reference, here is the current tallest woman in the world to have ever lived, Yao-Defen:

She was 7'8", which is an inch taller than Rosalina's canonical height. Do you honestly think she is lighter than the people surrounding her?

Because there is no way she is. In fact, she weighed 395 pounds. That's around the weight of the average piano or sports motorcycle.

So for reference, Rosalina probably weighs about as much as the motorcycles Mario rides in Mario Kart (not as much as her own ones though, as they are bigger).
Perhaps she could be heavy weight in the reality world. But in her Comet Observatory or other small planets, she could be lightweight.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Perhaps she could be heavy weight in the reality world. But in her Comet Observatory or other small planets, she could be lightweight.
I don't see the need to over complicate it with a theory like that, as all of the levels in Super Mario Galaxy, including the Observatory, had the same gravity as the Mushroom Kingdom. There weren't any "low gravity" levels where Mario was lighter than normal.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

In terms of Morton, he is the biggest member of the Koopalings, so him being placed in the same weight class as Bowser is understandable.

You said that the tallest living woman weighs 395 lbs.. However, Rosalina's body looks thinner than that of Yao-Defen. Thinner bodies would typically equal lighter weight for humans, regardless of their height.

Of course, we don't exactly know the actual weights for most of the Mario universe characters. The only one who has a confirmed weight is Wario, who weighs 308 lbs. (although Wario does claim that it's due to his clothing), and I seriously doubt that Rosalina would ever be that heavy with her body being thinner than Wario's.

Anyway, I don't want to continue this debate any further, since at this point, it'll just lead to more speculation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In terms of Morton, he is the biggest member of the Koopalings, so him being placed in the same weight class as Bowser is understandable.

You said that the tallest living woman weighs 395 lbs.. However, Rosalina's body looks thinner than that of Yao-Defen. Thinner bodies would typically equal lighter weight for humans, regardless of their height.

Of course, we don't exactly know the actual weights for most of the Mario universe characters. The only one who has a confirmed weight is Wario, who weighs 308 lbs. (although Wario does claim that it's due to his clothing), and I seriously doubt that Rosalina would ever be that heavy with her body being thinner than Wario's.

Anyway, I don't want to continue this debate any further, since at this point, it'll just lead to more speculation.
Yao-Defen isn't thicker, she is wearing baggy clothes in that picture. She is actually fairly thin:

Rosalina definitely is a bit thicker than her in the hips, backside and chest. And of course, she has a big head. She is most likely even heavier than 395lbs.

And it's absolutely believe-able Rosalina could be heavier than Wario. Fat isn't the only thing that weighs anything. Rosalina would have much heavier bones due to her being so tall, and while she isn't muscular in appearance, her muscle tissue would be bigger and heavier than the normal person. She would also have more blood flowing through her due to being bigger too. Wario may be fat and a bit muscular, but he is very short and stocky.

Wario and Rosalina are likely around the same weight, that weight is just distributed differently. I don't see what's bothersome about that. Again, she's not fat, she's just large and voluptuous, and that's why she's heavy.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yao-Defen isn't thicker, she is wearing baggy clothes in that picture. She is actually fairly thin:

Rosalina definitely is a bit thicker than her in the hips, backside and chest. And of course, she has a big head. She is most likely even heavier than 395lbs.

And it's absolutely believe-able Rosalina could be heavier than Wario. Fat isn't the only thing that weighs anything. Rosalina would have much heavier bones due to her being so tall, and while she isn't muscular in appearance, her muscle tissue would be bigger and heavier than the normal person. She would also have more blood flowing through her due to being bigger too. Wario may be fat and a bit muscular, but he is very short and stocky.

Wario and Rosalina are likely around the same weight, that weight is just distributed differently. I don't see what's bothersome about that. Again, she's not fat, she's just large and voluptuous, and that's why she's heavy.
This does make you wonder how heavy Ganondorf "really" is, since he's not too far from rivaling Rosalina's height.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ganondorf would be heavier than Rosalina and Wario, as he is quite muscular, making him thicker than Rosalina, and he's much taller than Wario.

EDIT:

GUYS

GUYS

MIYAMOTO IS GONNA BE ANSWERING QUESTIONS ABOUT MARIO LORE TOMORROW

>tfw it's Rosalina

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would still seem very baffling once you look at Mega Mewtwo X. It's 7' 7", but weighs only 280 lbs., which is less than Wario's weight. Likewise, Feraligatr only weighs 195.8 lbs.. Yes, I know that Mewtwo and Feraligatr aren't human, but it's still something to keep in mind.

In the end though, Mario logic (almost) always ignores the reality of the real world.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ganondorf would be heavier than Rosalina and Wario, as he is quite muscular, making him thicker than Rosalina, and he's much taller than Wario.

EDIT:

GUYS

GUYS

MIYAMOTO IS GONNA BE ANSWERING QUESTIONS ABOUT MARIO LORE TOMORROW

>tfw it's Rosalina

Dear god, hope it's not...
It would still seem very baffling once you look at Mega Mewtwo X. It's 7' 7", but weighs only 280 lbs., which is less than Wario's weight. Likewise, Feraligatr only weighs 195.8 lbs.. Yes, I know that Mewtwo and Feraligatr aren't human, but it's still something to keep in mind.

In the end though, Mario logic (almost) always ignores the reality of the real world.
Yep, the weird Mario logic...

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
They can still be lighter than her as since density is a thing.
I would rather ask why different-sized planets have always the same gravity, though I can see that from a design perspective.
Plus, Lumas hit like a heavyweight in Smash and have extra support by their flight, so they aren't slouches. Heck, they are known mechanics along with Rosalina, so that would involve heavy lifting.
And for an attack to have great force, one doesn't necessarily need to have high weight, they can just hit fast, since, well, F=ma, that's how bullets work.
Also I don't get what you mean with "mechanics".

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They can still be lighter than her as since density is a thing.
I would rather ask why different-sized planets have always the same gravity, though I can see that from a design perspective.

And for an attack to have great force, one doesn't necessarily need to have high weight, they can just hit fast, since, well, F=ma, that's how bullets work.
Also I don't get what you mean with "mechanics".
Lumas are capable of building space ships and other contraptions, both Rosalina's children and Lubba's crew. So they are mechanics/engineers/whatever term you prefer.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Reading all of these , make me lose hope.

I mean , do people seriously expect Rosalina to be in the same class as , let's say Peach , when her body and frame is completely in a bigger proportion?

How does a TALL character fit in a medium kart?

Does anybody ever realise that , even though you have a '''thin frame'' , if you are tall your bones STILL ADD WEIGHT?? Bigger bones for that matter , as you are overall bigger.

In the end while Rosa isn't really ''fat'' , she still weights more than medium characters and her body is still bigger , so her legs rest better in a BIGGER VEHICLE.

#Logic
Anyway.
there's this on twitter , looks like Miyamoto is Bowser Jr's mother. Case closed.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/641929274719608832

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does anybody ever realise that , even though you have a '''thin frame'' , if you are tall your bones STILL ADD WEIGHT?? Bigger bones for that matter , as you are overall bigger.
That's pretty much what I've been saying. Although Rosalina has a few (healthily) fat areas, she isn't really fat or anything, but those bits of fat, combined with a large skeleton and more muscle tissue than a normal person, make her exceptionally heavy.

In fact, muscles are more dense than fat. What this means is that a pound of fat takes up four times as much space as a pound of muscle. So if you took a certain volume of fat, and an equal volume of muscle, the muscle would be four times heavier than the fat.

Seeing as Rosalina has a fair bit of muscle (not tons but she is fairly fit as seen in her biker outfit), she would weigh more than someone who is the same height as her, but has the muscle and fat distribution reversed.

Also Miyamoto is a ****** confirmed. :p

----

Since I am on a Kingdom Hearts high right now, I found it cool that I ran into a Station of Awakening for Rosalina:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's pretty much what I've been saying. Although Rosalina has a few (healthily) fat areas, she isn't really fat or anything, but those bits of fat, combined with a large skeleton and more muscle tissue than a normal person, make her exceptionally heavy.

In fact, muscles are more dense than fat. What this means is that a pound of fat takes up four times as much space as a pound of muscle. So if you took a certain volume of fat, and an equal volume of muscle, the muscle would be four times heavier than the fat.

Seeing as Rosalina has a fair bit of muscle (not tons but she is fairly fit as seen in her biker outfit), she would weigh more than someone who is the same height as her, but has the muscle and fat distribution reversed.
I can only say she is definitely not fat.

I mean , do people seriously expect Rosalina to be in the same class as , let's say Peach , when her body and frame is completely in a bigger proportion?

In the end while Rosa isn't really ''fat'' , she still weights more than medium characters and her body is still bigger , so her legs rest better in a BIGGER VEHICLE.
That's relief...
And yup, seems that SMB3 was just a play afterall.

#Logic
Anyway.
there's this on twitter , looks like Miyamoto is Bowser Jr's mother. Case closed.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/641929274719608832

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
WHOA! No words, just... whoa. So light. So vibrant. The elegance is real with this one. The hair is mirrored but still. Just wow. :love:
I think many people who draw Rosalina choose that since drawing her bang the ''correct'' way when facing left totally covers her face.

No wonder why Rosalina Always faces Right in her renders and shots.

And when i say ''Right'' and ''Left'' i obviously mean it as in Rosalina's perspective. We all see her bang in the ''Left side'' but it's really in the Right side , in her perspective.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
WHOA! No words, just... whoa. So light. So vibrant. The elegance is real with this one. The hair is mirrored but still. Just wow. :love:
I'd kinda like to make my own Station of Awakening for Rosalina sometime, but something more in line with the canon ones in KH.

I also have a Keyblade design idea for her, lol. I'm mad into KH right now.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'd kinda like to make my own Station of Awakening for Rosalina sometime, but something more in line with the canon ones in KH.

I also have a Keyblade design idea for her, lol. I'm mad into KH right now.
Your current state of Kingdom Hearts craze is urging me to want to get it and play it more. But I only have Jak and Daxter right now.

Not that I was ever "on the fence" about it, I know it's a great series. It just was never really a top priority as of yet.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For reference, this is how much I've played KH2FM since getting the game recently.

I need help lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

You still have to ask how Waluigi is able to ride on the middleweight karts in Double Dash!!.

Anyway, Rosalina and Waluigi are tall, so it makes sense for both of them to use a large body frame for their vehicles in Mario Kart 8.

Since I am on a Kingdom Hearts high right now, I found it cool that I ran into a Station of Awakening for Rosalina:

The hair bang is obviously covering the wrong eye, but it's still quite neat.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm finally back home after I've spent nearly 2 weeks at the hospital. Feels good to be back.
Feeling better?

-----------

Also I may upload another Super Rosalina 3D World Speed Run soon. Had a very satisfying run in a level today. :p

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm finally back home after I've spent nearly 2 weeks at the hospital. Feels good to be back.
The hospital? Sorry to hear. Welcome back! I hope you feel better soon.
You guys might like this:

Another fine piece by SplashBrush, the maker of my previous Rosalina avatar (which by the way I plan to bring back sometime post-ballot). I seriously love the Octolings. I also love Rosalina if anyone couldn't already tell. Just two awesome things combined by a talented artist. Life is good.

Them llama emojis tho.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is absolutely the sort of person who would turn raw af if she got to do something like paintballing.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not 100% but I am feeling good. I still need to recover from that pain on the insertion after surgery but I'll manage.

It's good to be back.
I had been on a short hiatus as well before, my college life is just getting started.
You guys might like this:

I bet @Shirma Akayaku would love this lol...
Everyone is all waiting for female Octoling to be playable

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well you just gotta hit the books sometime.
I am now picking courses, there's not much to pick actually... cuz most I wanted are full already, or I just somehow can't pick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom