• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I would page Iron Kraken and DanGR because they're who I got my information from but I should just stop. I do recall it was Iron Kraken who said SoRo is worse than Zelda and DanGR being disgusted when people in the VR v2 thread said 'SoRo is better than half of the cast' (Which actually just 'SoRo is better because she only have to be that state for 14 seconds'). I recall both are also tourney level players so I do take them into consideration (Numerous times is actually an exaggeration, but meh).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sorry being offline for so long, finally took sometimes to come back to Smashboards.

Hm... I just saw my account log out even when I was just using other stuff, could there be hack or something?

And has anyone ever got spam flirt user on Skype, cuz two days ago I got one...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would page Iron Kraken and DanGR because they're who I got my information from but I should just stop. I do recall it was Iron Kraken who said SoRo is worse than Zelda and DanGR being disgusted when people in the VR v2 thread said 'SoRo is better than half of the cast' (Which actually just 'SoRo is better because she only have to be that state for 14 seconds'). I recall both are also tourney level players so I do take them into consideration (Numerous times is actually an exaggeration, but meh).
Even without the Luma though, Rosalina can potentially do a bait & punish against certain fighters. This is especially true for someone like Ganondorf, where he has to be very careful with his approaches, since even if he does get rid of the Luma, Rosalina can still mess him up if he makes a foolish attack choice.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I do hope I didn't scare anyone from posting in this thread. If I did, then I sincerely apologize.

And Brawler, we cool?

EDIT:
Even without the Luma though, Rosalina can potentially do a bait & punish against certain fighters. This is especially true for someone like Ganondorf, where he has to be very careful with his approaches, since even if he does get rid of the Luma, Rosalina can still mess him up if he makes a foolish attack choice.
True. But that still doesn't change the fact if she messes up just once, Ganon can probably end her stock right there. This is basically the same as the other MUs, just the risk/reward is now very skewed. Ganon has horrible disadvantage but a hit and you're broke.

Anyway, I don't feel like starting this all over again. Perhaps it might not be the best choice to discuss Rosalina's nerfs in Social thread in the first place. So let's stop here.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I notice that I got log out even I just finish typing and send my comments if I didn't press the stay login box, or even got log out when I had stay idle like for only a minute, or even got log out when I refresh a thread page. Is this normal?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I notice that I got log out even I just finish typing and send my comments if I didn't press the stay login box, or even got log out when I had stay idle like for only a minute, or even got log out when I refresh a thread page. Is this normal?
Major changes are apparently being made at the Smash 4 forums. I've been trying to fix things up at this sub-forum during the process.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have no grudges or anything, I just wish people were more willing to experiment in this game. The fact people aren't willing to and just rely on patches is what's making this game so stale for me lately.

I'll just leave the competitive discussion now for the most part since it's just not that enjoyable anymore and takes up space on the thread.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Major changes are apparently being made at the Smash 4 forums. I've been trying to fix things up at this sub-forum during the process.
I see...
What are the changes?
I have no grudges or anything, I just wish people were more willing to experiment in this game. The fact people aren't willing to and just rely on patches is what's making this game so stale for me lately.

I'll just leave the competitive discussion now for the most part since it's just not that enjoyable anymore and takes up space on the thread.
Any more Rosalina stuff you would like to share?
College life finally starts, I will only have this time on Smashboards, later days might get busy again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I see...
What are the changes?
Mostly just the merging of the general discussion forums. However, some other issues have popped up during the process, which are trying to be resolved. One of the issues includes certain threads that are giving users error messages whenever they try to access them.

Another mishap is that the thread prefixes for certain threads got messed up.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mostly just the merging of the general discussion forums. However, some other issues have popped up during the process, which are trying to be resolved. One of the issues includes certain threads that are giving users error messages whenever they try to access them.

Another mishap is that the thread prefixes for certain threads got messed up.
Don't they fix a problem that user will somewhat automatically log out in a short period of time? Or is just my problem?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Hi there :3

I'm back from death , kinda...

Anyway , i just wanted to share with you guys a big hack project for Mario Kart DS , started by a really cool crew , in which i'm currenly involved.
Of course , i know nobody in here is interested in this so i won't say much , but the part that can get to you is that Rosalina made it into the game , fully animated.

Also , on a different note , i finally was able to make custom karts properly , making 2 karts one of them named after Rosalina (or her affiliation , whatever) .

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I finally read through the wall of text that is page 291. Wow, we're almost at 300 pages! I certainly have a lot to think about with how I play Rosalina. I think I should try some stuff in different ways separately as practice to get a better feel for solo Rosalina, Rosalina and Luma together, and both of them desynched before I try to mix it up, which might be more difficult.

So in recent news, not only did Pikmin 4 get confirmed, but supposedly Super Mario Galaxy 3 might be coming to the NX? If this is true, I can't wait to see what they do with Rosalina and hopefully they'll expand her story.
Hi there :3

I'm back from death , kinda...

Anyway , i just wanted to share with you guys a big hack project for Mario Kart DS , started by a really cool crew , in which i'm currenly involved.
Of course , i know nobody in here is interested in this so i won't say much , but the part that can get to you is that Rosalina made it into the game , fully animated.

Also , on a different note , i finally was able to make custom karts properly , making 2 karts one of them named after Rosalina (or her affiliation , whatever) .

LOL are those Vinesauce muchrooms?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So in recent news, not only did Pikmin 4 get confirmed, but supposedly Super Mario Galaxy 3 might be coming to the NX? If this is true, I can't wait to see what they do with Rosalina and hopefully they'll expand her story.
If Miyamoto is heading the team or has any heavy involvement, I won't get my hopes up for them expanding on Rosalina all that much. Because he basically hates story telling unless it's for Pikmin (his baby/pet franchise) and we all know how he tried to prevent Rosalina from even being a thing, and then later wouldn't let the dev team incorporate her into Galaxy 2 beyond a cameo. We got lucky with 3D World as Miyamoto wasn't really developing that game, he was more of an advisor so he didn't have too much say.

No doubt Rosalina will be in Galaxy 3 if they make it, but it could just be a cameo/minor appearance like Galaxy 2, or it could just be like 3D World where she is playable but the game overall has no real story or lore to it so she's just kinda there to be played as. In the interview, Miyamoto mentioned that he would want a Galaxy 3 to be a "middle ground" between Galaxy and NSMB (so basically 3D World). Since Miyamoto loves his casual, accessible games, he likely will try to make it so Galaxy 3 is a "fresh start" in terms of story, so people don't feel the need to play the previous games to understand who Rosalina & the Lumas are. Again, much like Galaxy 2 (which is a definite sequel to the first game and takes place after it, but you wouldn't know that only for one or two small giveaways).

It kinda bothers me that he implies that they favour making games like NSMB though for the sole reason they sold more and had a wider reach. I mean, it's not like the Galaxy games were slouches in the sales department, they both sold well over 10 million each. NSMB was always gonna sell better because it was multi player focused and was made for casual gamers. But the Galaxy games were hardly that difficult and were perfectly accessible, I don't think casual gamers had much of an issue with them (heck, Egoraptor on Game Grumps is getting through Galaxy 1, and he's absolutely terrible at video games). If they were smart, they'd just make a new NSMB game and a Galaxy game for the next system, the former made for the casual audience, and the latter having more fanservice and being a more engaging and challenging game.

And well...if they really wanted to, they could just keep doing "casual" stuff with Mario platformers, and give Rosalina her own franchise that uses the Galaxy level design as a base. And give it more story and lore and stuff. I mean, it couldn't hurt for Nintendo to have another franchise with a female mascot as the lead character (currently they only have Samus with Metroid...and the next game doesn't even star her). They did it with Yoshi and Wario in the 2D era with them continuing to have a 2D platformer franchise (though Wario had a 3D game through Wario World, and of course he's more associated with Wario Ware at this point), so it'd make sense for Rosalina to have her own 3D adventure game franchise. Using Galaxy as a base for the level design, but maybe instead of being pure platforming, make it an action adventure RPG a la Gravity Rush or Kingdom Hearts.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
If Miyamoto is heading the team or has any heavy involvement, I won't get my hopes up for them expanding on Rosalina all that much. Because he basically hates story telling unless it's for Pikmin (his baby/pet franchise) and we all know how he tried to prevent Rosalina from even being a thing, and then later wouldn't let the dev team incorporate her into Galaxy 2 beyond a cameo. We got lucky with 3D World as Miyamoto wasn't really developing that game, he was more of an advisor so he didn't have too much say.

No doubt Rosalina will be in Galaxy 3 if they make it, but it could just be a cameo/minor appearance like Galaxy 2, or it could just be like 3D World where she is playable but the game overall has no real story or lore to it so she's just kinda there to be played as. In the interview, Miyamoto mentioned that he would want a Galaxy 3 to be a "middle ground" between Galaxy and NSMB (so basically 3D World). Since Miyamoto loves his casual, accessible games, he likely will try to make it so Galaxy 3 is a "fresh start" in terms of story, so people don't feel the need to play the previous games to understand who Rosalina & the Lumas are. Again, much like Galaxy 2 (which is a definite sequel to the first game and takes place after it, but you wouldn't know that only for one or two small giveaways).

It kinda bothers me that he implies that they favour making games like NSMB though for the sole reason they sold more and had a wider reach. I mean, it's not like the Galaxy games were slouches in the sales department, they both sold well over 10 million each. NSMB was always gonna sell better because it was multi player focused and was made for casual gamers. But the Galaxy games were hardly that difficult and were perfectly accessible, I don't think casual gamers had much of an issue with them (heck, Egoraptor on Game Grumps is getting through Galaxy 1, and he's absolutely terrible at video games). If they were smart, they'd just make a new NSMB game and a Galaxy game for the next system, the former made for the casual audience, and the latter having more fanservice and being a more engaging and challenging game.

And well...if they really wanted to, they could just keep doing "casual" stuff with Mario platformers, and give Rosalina her own franchise that uses the Galaxy level design as a base. And give it more story and lore and stuff. I mean, it couldn't hurt for Nintendo to have another franchise with a female mascot as the lead character (currently they only have Samus with Metroid...and the next game doesn't even star her). They did it with Yoshi and Wario in the 2D era with them continuing to have a 2D platformer franchise (though Wario had a 3D game through Wario World, and of course he's more associated with Wario Ware at this point), so it'd make sense for Rosalina to have her own 3D adventure game franchise. Using Galaxy as a base for the level design, but maybe instead of being pure platforming, make it an action adventure RPG a la Gravity Rush or Kingdom Hearts.
I suppose the best opportunity would be to break the binds that are the casual Mario games' appeal, namely NSMB and such. Giving Rosalina the main spotlight would do wonders in terms of fanservice, more challenging and intermediate gameplay, and a new branch to the Mario universe. It won't be under the same name as the game she was conceived from, but it would be a proper expansion to the character to show her full potential. And yeah, the Galaxy games have plenty of accessibility regardless of plot. I was so upset when Arin completely ignored Rosalina's diary when he had access to it, but I predicted that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can pretty much say that if Rosalina does manage to get her own series, the games should take a page from the 3D Zelda titles, in terms of battling enemies.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I can pretty much say that if Rosalina does manage to get her own series, the games should take a page from the 3D Zelda titles, in terms of battling enemies.
I'd say in terms of lots of things in the Zelda series...
But whatever, I think theorizing on Rosalina's game is kind of naïve. Mr. MIyamoto has the monopoly over her, and knowing he removed her from Mario Galaxy 2 because he found the 1 was too much focusing on her... Yeah. Rosalina game = hopeless dream.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'd say in terms of lots of things in the Zelda series...
But whatever, I think theorizing on Rosalina's game is kind of naïve. Mr. MIyamoto has the monopoly over her, and knowing he removed her from Mario Galaxy 2 because he found the 1 was too much focusing on her... Yeah. Rosalina game = hopeless dream.
The dream must live on. Perhaps some other people or even other developers would be willing to take Rosalina off Miyamoto's hands. Maybe like how the Mario RPG games were allowed to have solid story into them. Or maybe I don't have my facts straight. I haven't really looked into it.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
The dream must live on. Perhaps some other people or even other developers would be willing to take Rosalina off Miyamoto's hands. Maybe like how the Mario RPG games were allowed to have solid story into them. Or maybe I don't have my facts straight. I haven't really looked into it.
That's a dream personally. That's a reason why I kinda dislike Mr. Miyamoto. He "harms" all of his characters. I always thought he was a poison for all of them. The games are good in terms of platforming and technic things like that, but the characters are empty cocoons. Rosalina was chanceful Mr. Koizuma was here! Plus, he seems to like the character (writing her backstory and accepting her inclusion in 3D World), and that's why I think he would be needed in a Rosalina game. But I don't think this will happen, and thinking of it just makes me more hopeless for that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Miyamoto doesn't have a monopoly over Rosalina. He didn't create the character, so he doesn't own her.

I was more talking about how Miyamoto leading a Galaxy 3 means Rosalina May not get any more expansion in terms of her character and backstory.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Miyamoto doesn't have a monopoly over Rosalina. He didn't create the character, so he doesn't own her.

I was more talking about how Miyamoto leading a Galaxy 3 means Rosalina May not get any more expansion in terms of her character and backstory.
And who created her? I always saw two options on the Internet: Mr. Miyamoto or Mr. Koizumi. I'd like to know who really created her.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And who created her? I always saw two options on the Internet: Mr. Miyamoto or Mr. Koizumi. I'd like to know who really created her.
It's Koizumi, it's just Miyamoto stated he prefer the concept design. Which I personally don't like it.

He also wrote the story book.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Koizumi created her, people who think Miyamoto did only think that because they think Miyamoto is literally Nintendo and created everything Nintendo.

Or they just mistake Miyamoto for having created Rosalina because he created the Mario franchise and so he must have created every single character in it.

I think Miyamoto actually may have had more involvement with Early Concept Rosalina, but she was an entirely different character at that point with an entirely different role and probably didn't even have the name "Rosalina" at the time, or even "Rosetta".

In terms of the Rosalina we know today, that was all Koizumi. Even in the Iwata Asks for Super Mario 3D World, Motokura (another big player in EAD) had to ask Koizumi for permission to put Rosalina into the game, not Miyamoto.

That's also something worth noting because a lot of people also assume Rosalina only appeared in 3D World/is still showing up because Koizumi forces her into everything. That's not the case though, Koizumi never intended for Rosalina to appear in 3D World before Motokura asked to include her.

Oddly, Koizumi did have one condition for this - that her cat suit would be black instead of blue. We don't know why that was his specific condition, though.

Also Rosalina was to appear in Captain Toad as narrator to the story, but that idea was scrapped "in favour" of making Captain Toad a prequel to 3D World. Which I don't really get, as they could have just done both (it could have explained why Rosalina herself is in 3D World - I mark her appearance in 3D World as non-canon because it isn't explained in either game and you only get her during the bonus levels, which aren't canon since there are no story events to go with them). However, the dev team included Pixel Rosalinas in some Captain Toad levels behind director Shinya Hiratake's back, because they just love the character that much, and he never found out until the game went gold.

I think it's fascinating that Rosalina is this loved by not just the fans, but the team at EAD. This is honestly the main reason why I think a Rosalina game will happen eventually. This team clearly loves the character and sees her potential, and they clearly want to do more with her. It's just a matter of coming up with the right concept and getting the right opportunity to do it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Koizumi created her, people who think Miyamoto did only think that because they think Miyamoto is literally Nintendo and created everything Nintendo.

Or they just mistake Miyamoto for having created Rosalina because he created the Mario franchise and so he must have created every single character in it.

I think Miyamoto actually may have had more involvement with Early Concept Rosalina, but she was an entirely different character at that point with an entirely different role and probably didn't even have the name "Rosalina" at the time, or even "Rosetta".

In terms of the Rosalina we know today, that was all Koizumi. Even in the Iwata Asks for Super Mario 3D World, Motokura (another big player in EAD) had to ask Koizumi for permission to put Rosalina into the game, not Miyamoto.

That's also something worth noting because a lot of people also assume Rosalina only appeared in 3D World/is still showing up because Koizumi forces her into everything. That's not the case though, Koizumi never intended for Rosalina to appear in 3D World before Motokura asked to include her.

Oddly, Koizumi did have one condition for this - that her cat suit would be black instead of blue. We don't know why that was his specific condition, though.

Also Rosalina was to appear in Captain Toad as narrator to the story, but that idea was scrapped "in favour" of making Captain Toad a prequel to 3D World. Which I don't really get, as they could have just done both (it could have explained why Rosalina herself is in 3D World - I mark her appearance in 3D World as non-canon because it isn't explained in either game and you only get her during the bonus levels, which aren't canon since there are no story events to go with them). However, the dev team included Pixel Rosalinas in some Captain Toad levels behind director Shinya Hiratake's back, because they just love the character that much, and he never found out until the game went gold.

I think it's fascinating that Rosalina is this loved by not just the fans, but the team at EAD. This is honestly the main reason why I think a Rosalina game will happen eventually. This team clearly loves the character and sees her potential, and they clearly want to do more with her. It's just a matter of coming up with the right concept and getting the right opportunity to do it.
Wow, I never had know team EAD likes Rosalina as well. I am still don't get it for those Rosalina haters, it's normal that those who hate Rosalina might not even be a big fan of Mario or Nintendo, I get that. But those who still consider themselves a Nintendo fan like MTP, their minds are just plain weird and contradict. And yeah, MTP did say he like the concept version of Rosalina....
I was kinda hoping her little taunt would involve Luma making a noise but still, 8-bit Miss Rosalina is cute. Cute! CUTE!

Also I forgot how nice the Galaxy 2 Power Star Get theme sounds.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I was kinda hoping her little taunt would involve Luma making a noise but still, 8-bit Miss Rosalina is cute. Cute! CUTE!

Also I forgot how nice the Galaxy 2 Power Star Get theme sounds.
No matter what, Miss Rosalina is always cute. Cute! CUTE! A very accurate description because of her cuteness.

Wow, I never had know team EAD likes Rosalina as well. I am still don't get it for those Rosalina haters, it's normal that those who hate Rosalina might not even be a big fan of Mario or Nintendo, I get that. But those who still consider themselves a Nintendo fan like MTP, their minds are just plain weird and contradict. And yeah, MTP did say he like the concept version of Rosalina....

Maybe there's something we can do to help get the message across from our side of things. Sure there's desire and demand both internally and externally, but how are we going to make it happen is the question? And yeah, he did say that he preferred the concept design because the final one somehow is put into his absurd, extreme definition because "OMG bare shoulders! Hair over one eye!"

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No matter what, Miss Rosalina is always cute. Cute! CUTE! A very accurate description because of her cuteness.

Maybe there's something we can do to help get the message across from our side of things. Sure there's desire and demand both internally and externally, but how are we going to make it happen is the question? And yeah, he did say that he preferred the concept design because the final one somehow is put into his absurd, extreme definition because "OMG bare shoulders! Hair over one eye!"
Yep, can also can't deny Rosalina's beauty.

Nah, who cares about him now? After that amiibo stuff, nobody cares.

Anyway, I will be less active again cuz I'm now at my college.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's pretty annoying whenever people start making those heavyweight statements on Rosalina. Mario Kart Wii uses a size class system, while in Mario Kart 7, Rosalina was in the Cruiser weight class; she was never classified as being heavyweight in those games.

Sadly, Mario Kart 8 didn't do a thorough job with its weight classes. And of course, in Smash 4, Rosalina is actually a very lightweight character.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
It's pretty annoying whenever people start making those heavyweight statements on Rosalina. Mario Kart Wii uses a size class system, while in Mario Kart 7, Rosalina was in the Cruiser weight class; she was never classified as being heavyweight in those games.

Sadly, Mario Kart 8 didn't do a thorough job with its weight classes. And of course, in Smash 4, Rosalina is actually a very lightweight character.
I absolutely hate it when people try to justify that "heavy" statement canon when it doesn't make any sense. Why does everyone keep picking on Rosalina for her cruiser class? Why don't they talk about Waluigi despite being anorexic? Or even King Boo even though he's... well, a ghost?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

So, yeah, that's what I thought. I noticed Mr. Koizumi seemed to like her a lot, with her backstory and the final version.
For her 3D World inclusion, I found that pretty obvious at the end of Captain Toad... I mean, oh wait... Perhaps a spoiler alert?
Yeah, spoiler alert

We clearly see the green star is falling in the Libella's kingdom, meaning Rosalina is certainly there because she was searching for them. That's a headcanon of me, but I always thought everytime she helped Mario, that wasn't to help him, but rather for her own goals. In Galaxy, she just needs the Power/Grand Stars back. In Galaxy 2, she just needs the baby Luma, in 3D World, she just needs the Green Stars. She's certainly waiting in front of the Observatory because she knew the 3D World crew was there and wanted to have some time with them, but I think (I insist on that) everything she wanted was the Green Stars. Then, she just... goes away. The last time you see her physically is on the transparent pipe that leads to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Wasn't the cat suit meant to fit her protective role? I don't remember the exact Japanese culture thing, but I suppose black Maneki-nekos are meant to make the evil spirits fleeing. I can't remember that exactly, but that's what I've heard. Or the easy way "Black = space immensity", perhaps true, but the protective figure fits her the best I think.

Plus, the fact he wasn't that shocked when he noticed the Pixel Rosalinas. Developers had guts there, I have to say...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still can't understand why Rosalina's cat suit had to be black. The black cat suit can give people the wrong impression that she stole Sylvester's fur.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I absolutely hate it when people try to justify that "heavy" statement canon when it doesn't make any sense. Why does everyone keep picking on Rosalina for her cruiser class? Why don't they talk about Waluigi despite being anorexic? Or even King Boo even though he's... well, a ghost?
Actually Rosalina is heavy.

Mario Kart may use a size based system, but it's not like Rosalina is very skinny. She's near 8 feet tall, has fairly thick thighs, voluptuous hips, backside, and a big bust (her gown hides it but you can see it in certain positions in her biker outfit), and she has a big head. It's not hard to believe she could be heavy. Cruiserweights in Mario Kart are still considered heavies, and she still shares the class with Donkey Kong.

If you need another game that proves Rosalina is heavy, look no further than Mario Golf: World Tour. For her Double Bogey animation, three Lumas try to keep her standing after she faints, but they can't hold her and she drops like a rock. She hits the ground with enough force to cause a small tremor and sends the Lumas around her flying.

The only reason Rosalina is light in Smash (even lighter than Peach) is because she uses her gravitational magic to make herself lighter for fairness, as Sakurai stated. You can see this magic at work in Rosalina's single bogey animation too, in World Tour:

The moment the single Luma catches her, she wakes up and turns on her powers so she doesn't fall on top of him.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Actually Rosalina is heavy.

Mario Kart may use a size based system, but it's not like Rosalina is very skinny. She's near 8 feet tall, has fairly thick thighs, voluptuous hips, backside, and a big bust (her gown hides it but you can see it in certain positions in her biker outfit), and she has a big head. It's not hard to believe she could be heavy. Cruiserweights in Mario Kart are still considered heavies, and she still shares the class with Donkey Kong.

If you need another game that proves Rosalina is heavy, look no further than Mario Golf: World Tour. For her Double Bogey animation, three Lumas try to keep her standing after she faints, but they can't hold her and she drops like a rock. She hits the ground with enough force to cause a small tremor and sends the Lumas around her flying.

The only reason Rosalina is light in Smash (even lighter than Peach) is because she uses her gravitational magic to make herself lighter for fairness, as Sakurai stated. You can see this magic at work in Rosalina's single bogey animation too, in World Tour:

The moment the single Luma catches her, she wakes up and turns on her powers so she doesn't fall on top of him.
Height is a factor in weight, but it's definitely when people assume she's "fat" that I don't like. With Mario Golf, I still see it as debatable. With a Double Bogey, she has a lot less energy so she's in a bit more of a helpless state and is less able to support herself. And I don't see Lumas being all that viable for lifting and holding most humans.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Height is a factor in weight, but it's definitely when people assume she's "fat" that I don't like. With Mario Golf, I still see it as debatable. With a Double Bogey, she has a lot less energy so she's in a bit more of a helpless state and is less able to support herself. And I don't see Lumas being all that viable for lifting and holding most humans.
You'd have to be pretty heavy to cause a tremor when you land and sends Lumas flying like that (while unconscious - Mario can do things like that with his ground pound, but that's an actual ability he consciously uses, Rosalina straight up falls to the ground after fainting in this animation). Plus, Lumas hit like a heavyweight in Smash and have extra support by their flight, so they aren't slouches. Heck, they are known mechanics along with Rosalina, so that would involve heavy lifting.

It's pretty clear at this point that Rosalina is a heavy woman. Doesn't mean she's fat though. She's voluptuous, which means she is fat in all of the right places, in a way that gives her nice curves (most people actually prefer this in a woman as opposed to pure skin and bones). That combined with her height and size adds up to her being so heavy. While she wouldn't be quite as heavy as Donkey Kong, she wouldn't be far off, hence they share the same weight class. And I think it's likely she'd be quite a bit heavier than Waluigi.

Anyway GameXplain uploaded a Mario Maker costume showcase video, and the characters actually have special sounds for falling down a pit. Rosalina's is the 3D World "Too Bad!" theme, along with her yelling "Nooooooo!", as she does when falling down pits in 3D World.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
You'd have to be pretty heavy to cause a tremor when you land and sends Lumas flying like that (while unconscious - Mario can do things like that with his ground pound, but that's an actual ability he consciously uses, Rosalina straight up falls to the ground after fainting in this animation). Plus, Lumas hit like a heavyweight in Smash and have extra support by their flight, so they aren't slouches. Heck, they are known mechanics along with Rosalina, so that would involve heavy lifting.

It's pretty clear at this point that Rosalina is a heavy woman. Doesn't mean she's fat though. She's voluptuous, which means she is fat in all of the right places, in a way that gives her nice curves (most people actually prefer this in a woman as opposed to pure skin and bones). That combined with her height and size adds up to her being so heavy. While she wouldn't be quite as heavy as Donkey Kong, she wouldn't be far off, hence they share the same weight class. And I think it's likely she'd be quite a bit heavier than Waluigi.

Anyway GameXplain uploaded a Mario Maker costume showcase video, and the characters actually have special sounds for falling down a pit. Rosalina's is the 3D World "Too Bad!" theme, along with her yelling "Nooooooo!", as she does when falling down pits in 3D World.
Yes, she certainly represents perfect health for her height and body type. My kind of woman. I just don't like having "memes" joking about it taking it the wrong way.

Wow, Super Mario Maker is about to release! It would've been interesting to see the amiibo utilized beyond 8-bit sprites, but it's still great. I'm definitely gonna use Rosalina first and create some type of Galaxy themed levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom