• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Please don't try to get another raid started. They're actually considered as spam when you think it over.
It already got administrator's attention. Those raids will surely be considered as spam.
The images weren't so much the problem, but more the way you've responded to them.

Anyway, it's pretty amusing how Peach and Rosalina don't have any visible teeth, while the other females do. Strangely, Peach's Melee model actually did have teeth present.
I don't actually think it's that much of a problem if you compare to those awful ones in the Lucario boards.

I really hope they don't mess around again, otherwise I will have a new reason for me disliking Lucario.

Wow, I didn't know that...

Dabuz was innovative at first but I think he is losing his touch because he sticks to a defensive playstyle most of the time, rather than switching things up based on the situation. Whether or not that is intentional is up for debate.
Can you really blame him though? I'd imagine it to be a little difficult to rushdown and launch a successful offense against a top Shiek player. Not because she can't, but because Sheik is so fast. It doesn't help how the Sheiks are finding more ways to stay safe on neutral and to keep their offense going.

Since I'm already posting, I think that the hate Rosalina and her mains (you guys) get is just plain dumb and unjustified. Like one time my friend tried to say she was OP because I racked up 22% with Luma's jab. It's not like it can't SDI'ed/DI'ed out of or anything. It's not like it's impossible to get rid of Luma. It's not like he could've done something other than to run into me.

The sad part is that I always see complaints like that. It's not a matter of Rosalina and Luma being the most powerful characters; it's a matter of players being bad to put it frankly.

As for raids, I find them to be kind of fun. It's a fun way to interact with the other boards without having the same boring competitive dialouge that always acco. The raids are just to poke fun at characters, including the ones that initiate it. The ones the gorls had were by no means serious, so if you took offense I apologize. Some of the stuff that was said did end up as a running joke, so don't take it too seriously.

@ mario123007 mario123007 I did see you in the Lucario Social. Don't mind what was said. Honestly, it was just surprising that another board conducted a raid.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can you really blame him though? I'd imagine it to be a little difficult to rushdown and launch a successful offense against a top Shiek player. Not because she can't, but because Sheik is so fast. It doesn't help how the Sheiks are finding more ways to stay safe on neutral and to keep their offense going.

Since I'm already posting, I think that the hate Rosalina and her mains (you guys) get is just plain dumb and unjustified. Like one time my friend tried to say she was OP because I racked up 22% with Luma's jab. It's not like it can't SDI'ed/DI'ed out of or anything. It's not like it's impossible to get rid of Luma. It's not like he could've done something other than to run into me.

The sad part is that I always see complaints like that. It's not a matter of Rosalina and Luma being the most powerful characters; it's a matter of players being bad to put it frankly.

As for raids, I find them to be kind of fun. It's a fun way to interact with the other boards without having the same boring competitive dialouge that always acco. The raids are just to poke fun at characters, including the ones that initiate it. The ones the gorls had were by no means serious, so if you took offense I apologize. Some of the stuff that was said did end up as a running joke, so don't take it too seriously.

@ mario123007 mario123007 I did see you in the Lucario Social. Don't mind what was said. Honestly, it was just surprising that another board conducted a raid.
Not what, I still agreed that Rosalina does have bad MU against Shiek, I mean a Zero like Shiek.

Nice said, but to me it's understandable. The true dumb reason to hate Rosalina is dislke her as a whole like MTP, in this case, don't even think of trying to bash out this thread. I remember I did met a Shulk main on Shulk boards mention he hates Rosalina & Luma, even calling them "cancer". I didn't mock him at all, I even give him some tips of how to deal with Rosalina.

Just check it out:
http://smashboards.com/threads/colony-6-can-you-dig-it-sucker.368257/page-181#post-19853014

Sorry, even the administrator already mentioned that raids can't be tolerated. Perhaps it may spice up this thread, but going it too overboard might end up backfired.

Honest to say Zelda raid was fun to be in at first, but then I notice that it this isn't appropriate when more weird posts keep flowing, terrible raids and user keep posting stuff that are totally unrelated to the thread itself. Raids can actually be well done the most on Twitch livestream, like when a famous streamer finish the stream, he/she can tell the users to go to other famous streamer's stream and then raid.
Yep, I did went to that thread, but it's not like I go there and mock those Lucario users. It's really awful that this time they seems to do it because of Rosalina hatdom and for glory, not just for fun.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You called?
Yes, I'd like to order Meatlover Pizza with extra cheese, extra meat and frankfurts in the crust. And if I find another Pine Apple piece on it like last time, I'm going to call your boss and have you fired.

Steam

Smash Hero
Yes, I'd like to order Meatlover Pizza with extra cheese, extra meat and frankfurts in the crust. And if I find another Pine Apple piece on it like last time, I'm going to call your boss and have you fired.
Sorry cannot put Germany cities on the pizza our cloning machine and shrink ray are broken

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sadly, I don't really know.
I only know there's a transparent background version of it on Mario wiki.
Don't you guys had a feel that Bowser seems to be grabbing Rosalina when looking at this artwork?

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Inb4sonicbrawler :p

Is it just me or that Rosalina isn't as tall as I thought she would be? Try imagining (Or rather, size her with your fingers and move them down) her not floating a bit like that and put her on the same ground as Peach. She isn't that much taller than Luigi, even.

I thought she is taller in Galaxy 1 or something? But then again I only have played it briefly so I don't know exactly.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Is it just me or that Rosalina isn't as tall as I thought she would be? Try imagining (Or rather, size her with your fingers and move them down) her not floating a bit like that and put her on the same ground as Peach. She isn't that much taller than Luigi, even.

I thought she is taller in Galaxy 1 or something? But then again I only have played it briefly so I don't know exactly.
She's on the back row, so I guess that might be the reason.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ r_greening1 r_greening1

No, I don't blame him, and I personally don't mind him playing the way he does, on it's own (I personally find Sheik to be easy enough though, same with ZSS, they just take getting used to. I recommend playing as them for a while if you want to figure out how to deal with them). It's just that the entire Smash community seems to act like Dabuz IS the Rosalina meta, and disregards any suggestions that offer an alternate way to play Rosalina or anything like that. Maybe he is the only Rosalina player that is making a name for himself, and maybe he is doing poorly with the character as of late. But shouldn't that be all the more reason to listen to other players' suggestions (both in terms of mains of other characters listening to us in MU discussions, and in terms of people not disregarding opinions just because "LOL U NEVER PLAYED IN TOURNAMENTS"). I haven't played in tournaments yet, but I have played against some very good players, some of whom play tournaments and have won them before. I don't enter tournaments right now for personal reasons unrelated to the game itself, but I think it's unfair to disregard ideas just because a person has not actually played in a tournament. As far as I'm concerned, the Rosalina meta is never gonna go further if we keep relying on one or two players who are privileged enough to play in tournaments. Because at the end of the day, you don't get into a tournament because you are good, you get in because you are privileged enough to be able to take the time to do so. Winning matches shows your skill, but just because you haven't been privileged enough to enter, doesn't mean you are a bad player who couldn't potentially win.

I dunno, I just hate this attitude the Smash community has regarding players who haven't played in a tournament yet. It's an entirely unwelcoming attitude, and it's part of why the meta can be so stagnant. Especially since people mostly only care about American tournaments.

As for raids, I find them to be kind of fun. It's a fun way to interact with the other boards without having the same boring competitive dialouge that always acco.
We actually rarely discuss competitive play in the Rosalina Social, we mostly discuss other things, help each other out with things like art or whatever, and we are fairly lighthearted about it. We just don't do "lolsorandom" humour that much. Maybe that's "boring" to some but I honestly find that too much of that kind of humour gets boring way quicker.

And tbh I don't think mains of other threads should have a say in "how the Rosalina mains should behave", if they don't intend to frequent the Rosalina boards themselves. That's just being a control freak. And that was partly why they Zelda raids happened, they got pissy about the way we went about or business because it wasn't "fun", even though they normally never visit here anyway, meaning how fun these boards are to them is kinda irrelevant.

And sexual references are kinda completely banned around here, to the point where some non-sexual things are banned because mods/Xyelot don't fully understand those things and think more things are inherently sexual than actually are the case. I tried to speak up against this myself, but the issue runs as far back as Xyelot (the company that owns Smashboards), so nothing can really be done about that. That in itself limits how random you can be.

I'm much more laid back on another forum I visit since the rules are less strict there. Since the rules are very strict here though, I just try to keep sincere discussions going, or make completely non-controversial jokes and I don't really be obnoxious for the fun of it.

I still agreed that Rosalina does have bad MU against Shiek, I mean a Zero like Shiek.
I don't see how you can think that when ZeRo himself has gone on record saying the Sheik VS Rosalina MU is "either even or in Rosalina's favour". He doesn't even think it being in Sheik's favour is a likely possibility.

That artwork is based off her 3D World model, where she is scaled down to only be slightly taller than Peach for gameplay reasons. Smash also scales her down, but not as much.

Canonically, Rosalina is 7'7", an inch taller than Ganondorf.

comp 4.jpg

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, I don't blame him, and I personally don't mind him playing the way he does, on it's own (I personally find Sheik to be easy enough though, same with ZSS, they just take getting used to. I recommend playing as them for a while if you want to figure out how to deal with them). It's just that the entire Smash community seems to act like Dabuz IS the Rosalina meta, and disregards any suggestions that offer an alternate way to play Rosalina or anything like that. Maybe he is the only Rosalina player that is making a name for himself, and maybe he is doing poorly with the character as of late. But shouldn't that be all the more reason to listen to other players' suggestions (both in terms of mains of other characters listening to us in MU discussions, and in terms of people not disregarding opinions just because "LOL U NEVER PLAYED IN TOURNAMENTS"). I haven't played in tournaments yet, but I have played against some very good players, some of whom play tournaments and have won them before. I don't enter tournaments right now for personal reasons unrelated to the game itself, but I think it's unfair to disregard ideas just because a person has not actually played in a tournament. As far as I'm concerned, the Rosalina meta is never gonna go further if we keep relying on one or two players who are privileged enough to play in tournaments. Because at the end of the day, you don't get into a tournament because you are good, you get in because you are privileged enough to be able to take the time to do so. Winning matches shows your skill, but just because you vhaven't been privileged enough to enter, doesn't mean you are a bad player who couldn't potentially win.

I dunno, I just hate this attitude the Smash community has regarding players who haven't played in a tournament yet. It's an entirely unwelcoming attitude, and it's part of why the meta can be so stagnant. Especially since people mostly only care about American tournaments.
I respect and willing to listen to any Rosa mains besides Dabuz. I also like to watch other pros video, like Ally who is also a Mario main.

If the Smash4 competitive scene is indeed like what you said, then I'm really disappointed. There are tons of competitive Smash players that are really just narrow-minded when it comes to MUs, techs, and tier list. No wonder why I notice the tier list top tier part is always the same, Rosa always on the top... and many players keep blaming they lost to Rosa because she OP etc...

I really hope we can discover more Rosa advance tech, and keep using her more often. I'm sure Rosa meta scene will continue to grow.

I personally don't think I have the privileged to enter is not because my skill, my attitude needs to adjust too. Because as I had said before, I rage too often when it comes to losing. I feel that even my mental standpoint isn't ready for tournament Smash.

Aldo it's because Taiwan region has no sponsored Smash tournaments, and Smash isn't consider a well known esports game her. Even crews who plays big games like LoL are still struggling. And many of them care about American tournament probably because American competitive gaming is just huge and have full support, you just can't neglect that.

We actually rarely discuss competitive play in the Rosalina Social, we mostly discuss other things, help each other out with things like art or whatever, and we are fairly lighthearted about it. We just don't do "lolsorandom" humour that much. Maybe that's "boring" to some but I honestly find that too much of that kind of humour gets boring way quicker.

And tbh I don't think mains of other threads should have a say in "how the Rosalina mains should behave", if they don't intend to frequent the Rosalina boards themselves. That's just being a control freak. And that was partly why they Zelda raids happened, they got pissy about the way we went about or business because it wasn't "fun", even though they normally never visit here anyway, meaning how fun these boards are to them is kinda irrelevant.

And sexual references are kinda completely banned around here, to the point where some non-sexual things are banned because mods/Xyelot don't fully understand those things and think more things are inherently sexual than actually are the case. I tried to speak up against this myself, but the issue runs as far back as Xyelot (the company that owns Smashboards), so nothing can really be done about that. That in itself limits how random you can be.

I'm much more laid back on another forum I visit since the rules are less strict there. Since the rules are very strict here though, I just try to keep sincere discussions going, or make completely non-controversial jokes and I don't really be obnoxious for the fun of it.
I really did feel this thread becomes "boring" for some point of time.

That's because we already have threads for competitive discussions,I think Rosalina boards is very well arranged compare to other boards.

I agreed that other users shouldn't raid us just because they thought we are being too serious. Lucario raid however, seems that they really do it because they dislike Rosa, and they say it's for glory...

I don't see how you can think that when ZeRo himself has gone on record saying the Sheik VS Rosalina MU is "either even or in Rosalina's favour". He doesn't even think it being in Sheik's favour is a likely possibility.
Humble I guess?He might avoid over-praising his main to prevent his main being nerfed. Or maybe he really notice that Rosa's meta game has a lot of potential, he doesn't called the best Smash player for nothing.

Even so, we still haven't really seen a true Rosa pro who can beat his Shiek...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Rosalina may be further away from the other characters, which can make you think that she's shorter than she really is. This may also apply to Bowser, where he's not really touching Rosalina at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Humble I guess?He might avoid over-praising his main to prevent his main being nerfed. Or maybe he really notice that Rosa's meta game has a lot of potential, he doesn't called the best Smash player for nothing.
Sheik isn't his main, Diddy is. And he wants Sheik nerfed IIRC.

Don't you guys had a feel that Bowser seems to be grabbing Rosalina when looking at this artwork?
It's because they are a happy couple. <3

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sheik isn't his main, Diddy is. And he wants Sheik nerfed IIRC.

It's because they are a happy couple. <3

Shiek did got some nerfs already back in patch 1.0.4, I doubt if she will get more nerfs.

Urgh... no...

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Rosalina may be further away from the other characters, which can make you think that she's shorter than she really is. This may also apply to Bowser, where he's not really touching Rosalina at all.
Not really. Bowser is even further away from Rosalina, and he's lookin' pretty alright.

Depends on what version of Bowser you're talking though.

Either way, I don't see on how being in the back row shortens a character. They probably just did the 'send to back' (Something something like that) thing without altering her size. If the back row characters were smaller, Luigi wouldn't even be taller than Mario. Sonicbrawler's explanation is probably the most logical one. She was curbstomped in size in 3D World and the artwork is from 3D World, so...

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
omg this sonicbrawler guy is so hilarious. Dabuz lost his touch when he's the only one even close to that level of rosalina play? Rosa can't even be offensive in certain mu's and dabuz plays how it should be done and it works out perfectly. Sheik and certain rushdown are just extremely hard for rosa to deal with. still laughing at how you think rosa is the best

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
omg this sonicbrawler guy is so hilarious. Dabuz lost his touch when he's the only one even close to that level of rosalina play? Rosa can't even be offensive in certain mu's and dabuz plays how it should be done and it works out perfectly. Sheik and certain rushdown are just extremely hard for rosa to deal with. still laughing at how you think rosa is the best
She is the best that's why she's winning all these majors and has so much rep....oh wait.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There are very few MUs where Rosalina can't prioritise offense (though I never even brought that up, the game isn't as black and white as "offensive" and "defensive", there are many other ways to play Rosalina & Luma).

And literally the only reason Dabuz is the only noteworthy rep is because more people aren't playing Rosalina, and that's because they think Dabuz's playstyle is the only one and they find it a boring one.

Also my point about "not everyone can play tournaments because of IRL reasons, even if they are excellent players". Case in point, ZeRo, the best player in the world, opting out of Paragon.

Once again, tier wise, I think Sheik is the best. Potential wise, I think Rosalina is the best. I am far from alone in that opinion.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just so you know, you did get Sheik's name wrong.
Whoops...
There are very few MUs where Rosalina can't prioritise offense (though I never even brought that up, the game isn't as black and white as "offensive" and "defensive", there are many other ways to play Rosalina & Luma).

And literally the only reason Dabuz is the only noteworthy rep is because more people aren't playing Rosalina, and that's because they think Dabuz's playstyle is the only one and they find it a boring one.

Also my point about "not everyone can play tournaments because of IRL reasons, even if they are excellent players". Case in point, ZeRo, the best player in the world, opting out of Paragon.

Once again, tier wise, I think Sheik is the best. Potential wise, I think Rosalina is the best. I am far from alone in that opinion.
Sheik, definitely the best when it comes to tier list, but Rosalina has the most potential.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sheik, definitely the best when it comes to tier list, but Rosalina has the most potential.
Sadly, just because you're using the best character so far doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to win. I'm rather lousy with Sheik, since her best KO moves are on the situational side, and they aren't entirely fool-proof either. Maybe I'm just not very comfy with her playstyle, much like with how I'm not very comfortable with using Greninja, Mega Man, and Robin.

Of course, this is all coming from someone who spends more time using Rosalina than the other fighters, and is more of a casual player as well.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sadly, just because you're using the best character so far doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to win. I'm rather lousy with Sheik, since her best KO moves are on the situational side, and they aren't entirely fool-proof either. Maybe I'm just not very comfy with her playstyle, much like with how I'm not very comfortable with using Greninja, Mega Man, and Robin.

Of course, this is all coming from someone who spends more time using Rosalina than the other fighters, and is more of a casual player as well.
Of course, but Sheik is really tough to beat since she is fast. My brother wasn't that good at Sheik and he still wins with that boucing fish move... It could be my bad, but Sheik I think she is a threat especially in 1v1 match.

And recently there's a Discord group for Rosalina, me and @ ChikoLad ChikoLad had joined, it isn't hard to register or use. Do you want to join @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ?

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
As an aside, I'd just like to mention that on every single character I play, I'd love it if rosa played more aggressive against them. some characters are meant for aggression and some are meant for laming it out and ruining people's days and putting spectators to sleep. If dabuz is using the character they probably fall under this umbrella.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As an aside, I'd just like to mention that on every single character I play, I'd love it if rosa played more aggressive against them. some characters are meant for aggression and some are meant for laming it out and ruining people's days and putting spectators to sleep. If dabuz is using the character they probably fall under this umbrella.
It doesn't really help when everyone is so used to seeing all out offense matches, as that's how it went in the first three Smash Bros. installments. It wasn't until Smash 4 that Rosalina's playstyle came to existence in the series, but it's not an all out offense playstyle, which is probably why very few people even try to main her.

Simply put, the competitive world heavily tends to prefer the rushdown style of gameplay, which is something that Rosalina doesn't excel all that well at without her Luma partner. Even then, Rosalina has to keep the Luma safe in order to efficiently utilize her offense.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Oh... Again? Why does so much people hate that board? :ohwell:

That's maybe naïveté, but I would like peace around there.
I also would like to understand why these "raids" happen in the first place

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina & Luma should be played as paradigm shifters, which entails switching up their roles according to the situation.

So while they aren't defined by rushdown play, they shouldn't be defined by defensive play either. Or bait and punish. Or mind games. Etc, etc. They should be using every single playstyle and derivative thereof to their advantage, individually and as a team, according to the situation.

There isn't a single match-up where both Rosalina & Luma should have a defensive role 100% of the time, though. Or any other role. You should constantly change things up to fit the situation.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
So while they aren't defined by rushdown play, they shouldn't be defined by defensive play either. Or bait and punish. Or mind games. Etc, etc. They should be using every single playstyle and derivative thereof to their advantage, according to the situation.
To be honest, this is actually true for everyone. It's just aggresive playsytles are much more well known, popular, nad just fitting for a fighting game and that's why there's like a bazillion Falcon players out there. I barely meet a Rosalina once for two to three months.

Speaking of which, anyone on Discord????

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be honest, this is actually true for everyone. It's just aggresive playsytles are much more well known, popular, nad just fitting for a fighting game and that's why there's like a bazillion Falcon players out there. I barely meet a Rosalina once for two to three months.

Speaking of which, anyone on Discord????
What I mean though, is that Rosalina can cover more bases than normal, since she has Luma, who can cover a different role than her - hence the concept of paradigms (i.e. a combination of roles from more than one entity).

Like yeah, Mario can play defensively when needed, but he can't really do much in the way of offense and defense at the same time, as he is one character, and he's just better suited to offense.

Which is why I find it ironic Rosalina isn't played more aggressively at times (among other things) - people complain that her players just camp with her or whatever, but that's not because it's the only way to play her, it's because those specific players prefer going for pure defense. Those people can do that if they want, but it isn't using all of the character's tools, not by a longshot. If those people complaining about her not being offensive enough just used her and tried playing her offensively, they'd find something to really appreciate. Rosalina has tons of hype combos and strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom