• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And it has slopes.
And individual lava/water pits.

I hope those are hints for Super Mario Maker DLC. :p

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Nintendo recently announce the new Nintendo president, Tatsumi Kimishima, what do you guys think? I personally feel disappointed that they hired someone who is older than Iwata.
Supposedly they wanted someone younger, but couldn't find anyone qualified to their standards.

In other news, the new president has been doing a bunch of branch changes at the company already, as well as reassigning Miyamoto's position.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ninten...nounced-a-massive-restructure-for-the-company

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Supposedly they wanted someone younger, but couldn't find anyone qualified to their standards.

In other news, the new president has been doing a bunch of branch changes at the company already, as well as reassigning Miyamoto's position.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ninten...nounced-a-massive-restructure-for-the-company
I have heard that as well, and this also proves that Nintendo didn't foster their younger crews yet. I really hope they can take Iwata's death as a chance to foster younger employees.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My 10th Super Mario Maker course is now available to play...

3-2: Puzzling Ghost House
B372-0000-003E-238B
Super Mario World
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkccHdXXw

I will need to receive a total of 50 stars before I can upload any more though, since this newest course pretty much filled up my current upload limit of 10 courses.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
My 10th Super Mario Maker course is now available to play...

3-2: Puzzling Ghost House
B372-0000-003E-238B
Super Mario World
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkccHdXXw

I will need to receive a total of 50 stars before I can upload any more though, since this newest course pretty much filled up my current upload limit of 10 courses.
There should be a "Shut up and take my stars!" Futurama meme.

There are so many things wrong with this picture.
I couldn't help but laugh so hard. :laugh:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I haven't been in here for a little bit.

I've actually picked up Rosalina again for the first time in months. My only question is what are her options in neutral? I've just been spacing with jab, nair, and dtilt until I see an opening, but idk if she has better options.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's...a lot really. It just depends on how you prefer to play her.

--------------------

EDIT:

*internally screaming*

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm now able to upload up to 20 courses, all thanks to some generous players. Anyway, my 11th course is now available to play.

3-3: Flight of the Buzzy Beetles
326B-0000-003F-B13C
New Super Mario Bros. U
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkcgwrpnA

This new course is probably tougher than my last set of courses, but the difficulty is still fair in that there aren't any hazards around; it is also my very first auto-scrolling course in Super Mario Maker. The main challenge is just trying to land on the flying Buzzy Beetles, which are the main element of the course; some of them do have Goombas or Piranha Plants on their backs though.

On a side note, the course's name is a reference to the name of the New Super Mario Bros. U course, "Flight of the Para-Beetles".

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's another course featuring our favorite cosmic beauty! I had a ton of fun with this one.

Rosalina's House of Horrors
1CAB-0000-0031-0F05
I got Mario Maker so I thought I'd try one of the courses by you guys today.

This was fun, but I couldn't figure out the end part. The star keeps running out while I am on the spikes (I even tried letting it bounce on them for a while and then jumping in on it). I would assume I am missing something?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Course #12 is ready to go now.

3-4: Conveyor Belt Castle
AEEE-0000-0043-2B78
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkcm3XD_A

This course focuses on the usage of the conveyor belts. Bowser Jr. is giant-sized, while Bowser has a Hammer Bro on his back. There's also a hidden Mystery Mushroom, but if you're going to try to complete the course with the Mystery Mushroom power-up, you will have to tread more cautiously than if you were to use the Fire Flower power-up; this is especially true once Bowser starts spitting his fireballs at you.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys, what is Rosa's best defensive/shut down move?
thank you, drew it myself c:
Gravitational Pull shuts down projectiles and item projectiles a lot of the time. With customs on, Guardian Luma is like an all purpose counter move, and Rosalina can still draw in item projectiles (like Peach's turnips or Mega Man's Metal Blade).

U-Tilt/U-air shuts down a lot of overhead approaches.

D-air can shut down underside approaches but the timing is kinda hard. You need to really read the opponent to get them at the later end of the animation.

Dash Attack cuts through and clanks with tons of moves. As does F-air and N-air. B-air, N-air, and F-air also double as dodge maneuvers meaning you can reliably bait and punish with them. Also Rosalina's F-air can go right through a lot of projectiles (almost as if they are getting sucked into the galaxy she creates during the move) I have noticed, generally smaller ones or uncharged ones.

Those are specifically with just Rosalina, though these moves are obviously even better with Luma. Luma's Dash Attack does not share the high priority of Rosalina's though.

When taking Luma into account, his spinning rapid jab beats a ton of moves, and is really useful for stage control if you know the "de-synced Luma Spin" trick. Also his D-air is better for clanks and stuff than Rosalina's since you don't need the late hitbox.

Luma's Star Bits are also great for stopping people in their tracks as a quick little poke move that can often be followed up on, and with customs on, Shooting Star Bit is basically Falco lasers but better because I believe they are faster and the Star Bits are a bit wider than his lasers.

Luma Shot, when fully charged, makes Luma almost completely invincible. With customs on, Luma Warp can be used to send Luma right on top of opponents in virtually no time at all and is exceptional for interrupting attacks and countering with something strong like a Smash Attack.

Also just learning all of the little nuances of manipulating and controlling Luma will make you a real annoyance to your opponents.

There are a ton of other things but I am making a Mario Maker level right now...

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
I got Mario Maker so I thought I'd try one of the courses by you guys today.

This was fun, but I couldn't figure out the end part. The star keeps running out while I am on the spikes (I even tried letting it bounce on them for a while and then jumping in on it). I would assume I am missing something?
There was supposed to be a Super Star that spawns around the middle of the stage so you can safely get through the rest of the spike traps. My apologies if it didn't; I'll playtest it and see what went wrong.

Here's another stage featuring our favorite galactic mom:

Rosalina's Fearful Flight
7135-0000-0046-51FA

EDIT: Fixed the issue in House of Horrors with the second Super Star for the spike trap section (in hindsight, perhaps I had it too close to the ceiling). Try it now!
C438-0000-0046-8603

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just got back from a surgical clinic to have my stitches removed from the incision. Didn't feel a thing when the doctor pulled them out.

Anyways, anything interesting in here as of late?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Just got back from a surgical clinic to have my stitches removed from the incision. Didn't feel a thing when the doctor pulled them out.

Anyways, anything interesting in here as of late?
Glad to hear things are getting better.

In other news, Pretty Rosalina is pretty. Not much has happened besides sharing SMM levels and admiring Rosalina's beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom