• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was supposed to be a Super Star that spawns around the middle of the stage so you can safely get through the rest of the spike traps. My apologies if it didn't; I'll playtest it and see what went wrong.

Here's another stage featuring our favorite galactic mom:

Rosalina's Fearful Flight
7135-0000-0046-51FA

EDIT: Fixed the issue in House of Horrors with the second Super Star for the spike trap section (in hindsight, perhaps I had it too close to the ceiling). Try it now!
C438-0000-0046-8603
I tried your Airship level, it was really fun!

The new version of the Ghost House didn't come up when I searched, though. You may have made a mistake in the code.

----------------

Here's my first SMM level. It's not Rosalina related but I'll share it here anyway:

Sonic 1(MD): Marble Zone Act 1
(5899-0000-0046-E598)

I recorded a video for those who can't play the game.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Gravitational Pull shuts down projectiles and item projectiles a lot of the time. With customs on, Guardian Luma is like an all purpose counter move, and Rosalina can still draw in item projectiles (like Peach's turnips or Mega Man's Metal Blade).

U-Tilt/U-air shuts down a lot of overhead approaches.

D-air can shut down underside approaches but the timing is kinda hard. You need to really read the opponent to get them at the later end of the animation.

Dash Attack cuts through and clanks with tons of moves. As does F-air and N-air. B-air, N-air, and F-air also double as dodge maneuvers meaning you can reliably bait and punish with them. Also Rosalina's F-air can go right through a lot of projectiles (almost as if they are getting sucked into the galaxy she creates during the move) I have noticed, generally smaller ones or uncharged ones.

Those are specifically with just Rosalina, though these moves are obviously even better with Luma. Luma's Dash Attack does not share the high priority of Rosalina's though.

When taking Luma into account, his spinning rapid jab beats a ton of moves, and is really useful for stage control if you know the "de-synced Luma Spin" trick. Also his D-air is better for clanks and stuff than Rosalina's since you don't need the late hitbox.

Luma's Star Bits are also great for stopping people in their tracks as a quick little poke move that can often be followed up on, and with customs on, Shooting Star Bit is basically Falco lasers but better because I believe they are faster and the Star Bits are a bit wider than his lasers.

Luma Shot, when fully charged, makes Luma almost completely invincible. With customs on, Luma Warp can be used to send Luma right on top of opponents in virtually no time at all and is exceptional for interrupting attacks and countering with something strong like a Smash Attack.

Also just learning all of the little nuances of manipulating and controlling Luma will make you a real annoyance to your opponents.

There are a ton of other things but I am making a Mario Maker level right now...
Thanks for the helpful advice! Rosa isn't a main of mine but I surely love using her and sometimes have a hard time.

On a different note, here's a chibi Rosaline I made with some colored pencils and the such(I usually draw digitally but also love traditional media)

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Thanks for the helpful advice! Rosa isn't a main of mine but I surely love using her and sometimes have a hard time.

On a different note, here's a chibi Rosaline I made with some colored pencils and the such(I usually draw digitally but also love traditional media)

D'aaaaaaaaaaaawwwww that's way too cute!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Love it!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sonicbrawler did you try My Rosalina stage

I graduated on Thursday! Now I must wait for my HSC.

I also likely won't be able to visit as often

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sonicbrawler did you try My Rosalina stage

I graduated on Thursday! Now I must wait for my HSC.

I also likely won't be able to visit as often
Wow, this update looks not bad, but it will take some time to get used to it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The update to me seems like just another thing to make pages a bigger pain to load, it took about 3 refreshes before the text box would load.

Anyway, I've reached my limit on Mario Maker uploads and so I thought I would just leave them all in a single post.

Bowser's Full on Attack
Description: A very hard level featuring the interesting concept of Bowser chasing you, but it is very hard and can be a little cheap due to the airship themes bobbling up and down making it impossible to see hazards from below
ID: EB86-0000-0020-F358

Super Mario Land Beta 1
Description: The first level from Mario land, it cuts of short due length limitations.
ID: 255D-0000-0035-9C90

The beginning of Mario
Description: A level that requires you obtain different items so you can access different places. I suggest looking at the map before playing to avoid to many confusions
ID: 498B-0000-0035-9E05

Nintendo!
Description: Find the star and make a run for the goal
ID 1050 0000 0035 9F4D

Pleasant Peachy Stroll
Description: A simple level that features the gooba shoe, although not necessary.
ID: E2AD 0000 0035 9FFE

Rosalina and the Kidnapped stars
Description: Sea creatures have kidnapped stars and Rosalina must use her own star power to rescue them. The idea is that you start off in space, climb down a mountain to reach the sea.
ID 87BC-0000-0036-95BC

Ride on the Magic School Bus
Description: Ride on the magic school bus as you avoid obstacles based on the opening. "Octopus in the Neighbourhood" = Bloopers
ID A8F3 0000 0040 B1A9

Bowser Grinder
Description: Bowser has you in a death trap with no way out...... or it might be the other way around? I just made it for the lols
ID: 3759 0000 0050 2DE6

Make the right choice
The right choices in life always lead to the better outcome and better lives, even if the other option may seem more fun (aka: I made a level about drugs)
ID: B466 0000 0050 2F7E

Bowser Jr's Solo Attack!
Description: A somewhat simple level featuring 3 somewhat mandatory boss fights against Bowser Jr.
ID: F1D4 0000 0050 44A8

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
The update to me seems like just another thing to make pages a bigger pain to load, it took about 3 refreshes before the text box would load.
I can't agree more there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I really haven't been keeping you guys up to date on my uploaded courses for Super Mario Maker lately.

4-2: The Great Artillery Airship
4E7F-0000-0046-ED52
Super Mario Bros. 3
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkcwYqm-A

As the course name would suggest, the main obstacles are the cannons, Bill Blasters, and burners. Some of the cannons are even placed on top of Koopa Troopas and flying Dry Bones'. Bowser Jr. is also fought here, and he's riding on a Koopa Clown Car. You have to defeat Bowser Jr., as his Koopa Clown Car is required to reach a pipe that leads to the end of the course.

4-3: Chain Chomps of the Night
AAF5-0000-0048-C0ED
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkc24I0SA

Chain Chomps are the main obstacle, though some Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and Buzzy Beetles are present as well. Much like with my previous Super Mario Bros. style courses, a Mystery Mushroom is present somewhere in the course, and I tested the course enough times to make sure that you can complete it with the Mystery Mushroom costume.

4-4: Burner Castle
A537-0000-004B-B363
New Super Mario Bros. U
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkc8cfM1Q

5-1: Lakitus on Patrol
5197-0000-0050-805E
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkdIGJuOA

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Two more Mario Maker courses for you guys!

Rosalina's Spooky Speedrun
2EDB-0000-0054-A813

Can you beat the clock?

Rescue of the Lumas
9256-0000-005C-98F9

My first shot at a Super Mario World level. Save the Lumas from the twin Bowsers' grasp!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hmm maybe that's where I got it from. I was just roaming the pics on my phone and saw it. Didn't know where I got it from though.

No more sneaking around for you :p
My 1000 post is on this thread. I think it's around December near Christmas.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just finished my second Mario Maker level.

DJ Bowzah's Castle of Sound
ID: (D05D-0000-005D-976B)

And a video for those who can't play:

Some thoughts/notes:
The focus of this level was to try and incorporate SFX and orange Note Block sounds a lot, in ways that both made sense and were entertaining, as I've seen few levels that have done so, and so I wanted to try it. I also wanted to try make a level with a sense of simple story and an actual "location" of sorts. As a result I came up with a little scenario for the level to base it around.

"DJ Bowzah" is holding a party in his new musical castle, and everyone is invited - except for Mario! Bouncers, guard dogs, and security cannons are at the front doors to stop any unwanted guests from getting in, so Mario can't quite just line up with all of the Koopa Party-goers and sneak in like that. He has to find another way in. Once inside the castle is filled with all kinds of musical traps and obstacles for Mario to get through. While inside the castle, Mario discovers the real secret to this party, and decides to put a stop to it....

Also "DJ Bowzah" seems so caught up in his dancing...perhaps a bit too caught up for his own good...

The level is fairly long (I pretty much use all of the space in both areas, and I ran into a ton of limitations in terms of object count, which I had to find workarounds for, or scrap more complex ideas for simpler ones - also, you shouldn't run out of time) and moderately challenging, though I think it's pretty fair, and I did my best to bug test and leave room for mistakes (though there may be one or two small issues I couldn't iron out totally, but I did my best to compensate with giving the player fall backs with power-ups). There are also a few secrets, including a whole secret area that extends the level with a little fun area to mess around in for a bit (I call it the "Super Star VIP Room"). There is also a small "Automatic Mario" section that I did my best to indicate, which I thought fit in with the sound-based theme of the level.

I worked on this for a good few hours yesterday evening/last night, and this afternoon/evening. I would say it took at least 12 hours total to finalise.

I hope everyone has fun and likes it enough to star it (I'm pretty close to getting an upload limit upgrade already). I worked really hard on it!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've decided to delete the Beginning of Mario. I've decided to replace it with a HD recreation of the Donkey Kong Arcade (all 4 levels)

081D-0000-0060-907B
---

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have three more courses available to play, but they did max out my upload limit of 20. I'll be needing more stars if I want to upload more courses.

5-2: Lava Lift Ghost House
CC04-0000-0057-3508
New Super Mario Bros. U
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkdZHzguA

5-3: Monty Mole City
7A56-0000-005A-6F05
Super Mario Bros. 3
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkdkDuwuQ

5-4: Labyrinth Castle
F256-0000-005D-B6EA
Super Mario World
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkdrOIpRw

As the name suggests, you have to go through a labyrinth of different passages. There are coins placed around different routes, and you have to pay attention to the sound effects that are played to ensure that you're heading in the right direction. The labyrinth itself isn't ridiculously long, due to the block usage limit, along with the timer. Also, with the exception of a single Buzzy Beetle, there are no enemies inside the labyrinth.

After you've completed the labyrinth, you'll then head to the sub-area, where Bowser Jr. will pursue you while riding Lakitu's Cloud. You'll have to avoid all the enemy attacks and Bowser Jr.'s fireballs as you head closer to the next pipe. Eventually, you'll see a Buzzy Beetle that you'll have to use to knock Bowser Jr. off Lakitu's Cloud. After that, finish off Bowser Jr. like normal, and then head to the next pipe.

Next up will be a battle against Bowser, but he'll be riding in a Koopa Clown Car, and the axe is blocked off by a wall that Mario can't get past without the Koopa Clown Car. As such, Mario has to hijack Bowser's Koopa Clown Car by throwing Bowser's Bob-ombs back at him. Bowser is normal-sized, so he'll fall after taking 20 Bob-omb hits. Keep in mind, however, that being able to finish the labyrinth and the Bowser Jr. phases quickly is vital if you want to have enough time to defeat Bowser; you're given the maximum 500 seconds to clear the course.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Recently saw Omni taking submissions for his Top 5 Smash shorts video. I didn't really watch this video series until today.

A little rant on the first episode of this series is that the first two plays, the victim/opponent are both Rosalina. Which slightly irritated me a bit. But I do admit that Mario is really good, so is that Mr.G&W.

There hasn't been any Rosa nice play in the series, so come on Rosa mains. If you have any good play videos, go to this thread and upload it.

http://smashboards.com/posts/20176720/

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Recently saw Omni taking submissions for his Top 5 Smash shorts video. I didn't really watch this video series until today.

A little rant on the first episode of this series is that the first two plays, the victim/opponent are both Rosalina. Which slightly irritated me a bit. But I do admit that Mario is really good, so is that Mr.G&W.

There hasn't been any Rosa nice play in the series, so come on Rosa mains. If you have any good play videos, go to this thread and upload it.

http://smashboards.com/posts/20176720/
I don't get why you're being so damn sensitive about Rosalina being a "victim" or whatever is it you're so worried about. You need to let that one go.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't get why you're being so damn sensitive about Rosalina being a "victim" or whatever is it you're so worried about. You need to let that one go.
I just don't like to see Rosalina being the one to get KO. That's that. However, I notice that there hasn't been any Rosalina replays made in to the video series. So that's why I share that link here.

And if you have any videos that has good techs or nice plays, go and upload it. I hope there will be Rosalina good tech made into the video.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just don't like to see Rosalina being the one to get KO. That's that. However, I notice that there hasn't been any Rosalina replays made in to the video series. So that's why I share that link here.

And if you have any videos that has good techs or nice plays, go and upload it. I hope there will be Rosalina good tech made into the video.
"That's that" isn't a very convincing answer. I've seen videos of her get KO'ed every once in awhile but that don't bother one bit because it's just a dumb*** game, not something worth taking it too seriously.

And you can just visit my YouTube channel for all the replays I've uploaded. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKOiMgyjbhdOVTom-Zvjuqw

If you want an example of my Rosalina matches, here's one.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"That's that" isn't a very convincing answer. I've seen videos of her get KO'ed every once in awhile but that don't bother one bit because it's just a dumb*** game, not something worth taking it too seriously.

And you can just visit my YouTube channel for all the replays I've uploaded. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKOiMgyjbhdOVTom-Zvjuqw

If you want an example of my Rosalina matches, here's one.
I care Rosalina the most, I can tolerate KOs of Mario, Shulk and others, but Rosalina, I always feel bad when seeing her being Koed. It's not like I rage or losing my mind of course, just an ache in my heart, nothing that bad.

Nice video.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I care Rosalina the most, I can tolerate KOs of Mario, Shulk and others, but Rosalina, I always feel bad when seeing her being Koed. It's not like I rage or losing my mind of course, just an ache in my heart, nothing that bad.

Nice video.
That spike I gave him never felt so satisfying.

And there's more where that came from. Also have matches of my other mains, specifically Mega Man and Little Mac.

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My girlfriend made me this shirt for my birthday. I thought some of you guys might appreciate it too. ^_^

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
The luma's on the arm is so neat.

I need to make get me some type of Rosalina shirt. But I was waiting for some type of major red bubble sale.

Edit: I could use a girl who appreciates Rosalina as well :p

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't even have a girlfriend at the moment. Looking for the one girl who shares the same interest in Nintendo video games (and Rosalina) as I do.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That spike I gave him never felt so satisfying.

And there's more where that came from. Also have matches of my other mains, specifically Mega Man and Little Mac.
You can go and submit it to Omni's thread. I can't submit other people's videos, especially without his' or her's permission.

And that Mario wasn't really good, I rarely see him doing N air... and he use grabs too much.

My girlfriend made me this shirt for my birthday. I thought some of you guys might appreciate it too. ^_^

Looks great, but I would like to see the T-shirt at whole.
I don't even have a girlfriend at the moment. Looking for the one girl who shares the same interest in Nintendo video games (and Rosalina) as I do.
I used to have a girlfriend who we used to play together when we were kids. However, after I had preparing for college, I haven't contact her for like a year now...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You can go and submit it to Omni's thread. I can't submit other people's videos, especially without his' or her's permission.
I don't want anything to do with one of those mother****ers who takes Smash too seriously. I'll pass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom