• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't want anything to do with one of those mother****ers who takes Smash too seriously. I'll pass.
Seriously? You mean competitive Smash? I see...
Well, I hope that doesn't mean you dislike Omni. I really like most of his videos.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
How would you guys feel if Laura Faye Smith voice acted on Rosalina in Super Smash bros 4?

If you don't know who she is, then she is Rosalina's current voice actress and voiced on Super Mario 3D World, and Mario kart 8. I don't know if this is already talked about and I know that she did the demo early and took the role before Nintendo even thought giving Laura the role instead, but I do like to ask if you guys want to voice in the game instead of Kerri Kane.
Went for me, after hearing Smith's voice in 3D World and Kart 8, I started to like her voice and it got me to like Rosalina even more and her character besides the games and Smash bros 4. In my opinion, I think that she's better than Mercedes Rose. She's ok and I don't hate her or have anything against her, but I think that she makes Rosalina sound like a old lady and I think Kerri Kane and Laura Faye Smith did a better job making Rosalina sound like a young woman in my book. I like both Laura Faye Smith and Kerri Kane doing Rosalina's voice so I don't mind if Laura gets the role instead of Kerri.

Here's the pictures if you guys want to what they look like.
Laura Faye Smith
Kerri Kane
Mercedes Rose

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How would you guys feel if Laura Faye Smith voice acted on Rosalina in Super Smash bros 4?

If you don't know who she is, then she is Rosalina's current voice actress and voiced on Super Mario 3D World, and Mario kart 8. I don't know if this is already talked about and I know that she did the demo early and took the role before Nintendo even thought giving Laura the role instead, but I do like to ask if you guys want to voice in the game instead of Kerri Kane.
Went for me, after hearing Smith's voice in 3D World and Kart 8, I started to like her voice and it got me to like Rosalina even more and her character besides the games and Smash bros 4. In my opinion, I think that she's better than Mercedes Rose. She's ok and I don't hate her or have anything against her, but I think that she makes Rosalina sound like a old lady and I think Kerri Kane and Laura Faye Smith did a better job making Rosalina sound like a young woman in my book. I like both Laura Faye Smith and Kerri Kane doing Rosalina's voice so I don't mind if Laura gets the role instead of Kerri.

Laura Faye Smith
Kerri Kane
Mercedes Rose
I like Mercedes and Laura best, though I didn't like Laura's direction in MP10. I also wish they would let Laura have the echo.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Laura Faye Smith
Kerri Kane
Mercedes Rose
It would've been a whole lot better if Mercedez Rose voiced her in Sm4sh, but Kerri Kane still did a great job voicing her even though they're just voice clips from Mario Kart 7 and Mario Golf: World Tour. I seriously don't like her current voice because she sounds way too much like Peach. Out of the three of Rosalina's voice actresses, Mercedez will always be the best. She was one of the reasons why I love Rosalina in the first place.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Here's a cute picture of Rosalina with King Boo. She's taking care of King Boo's boo-boo so he will no longer say "Boo-hoo." Also interesting to see Rosalina with a robe or something on her back and wearing boots.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here's a cute picture of Rosalina with King Boo. She's taking care of King Boo's boo-boo so he will no longer say "Boo-hoo." Also interesting to see Rosalina with a robe or something on her back and wearing boots.
It would be amazing if she was wearing a robe or, better yet, a cape.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Some more levels
Yoshi's Journey Home (A38E-0000-0063-59EE)

Obtaining Lakitus 'Helmet' Help (00A2-0000-0063-581A)

Spooky (990F-0000-0063-4D2A)

Castle Costume Party (BAEF-0000-0063-4AE5)
(This level is just for seeing special messages at the end of 100 Mario challenge)

Donkey Kong Arcade (081D-0000-0060-907B)

Here are the rest of my levels, I've already shared them though

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Apparently, I didn't put much time into playing Super Mario Maker. Only like 5 hours in and that's pretty much it. Recently found myself playing games like Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link to the Past and all that other stuff. And since I'm still on a personal leave of absence from work until October 1 (unless the doctors says I'll be medically cleared to return to work by then in my next appointment on that same day), I figure I could use this to play my other games I've yet to finish.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Apparently, I didn't put much time into playing Super Mario Maker. Only like 5 hours in and that's pretty much it. Recently found myself playing games like Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link to the Past and all that other stuff. And since I'm still on a personal leave of absence from work until October 1 (unless the doctors says I'll be medically cleared to return to work by then in my next appointment on that same day), I figure I could use this to play my other games I've yet to finish.
Despite enjoying my time with it, I'm not totally in a Super Mario Maker mood. I don't feel inspired at the moment so it makes me hesitant to get more into the maker mode or I'll just play some uploaded levels. There are other games I'm in the middle of now such as Metroid Prime, a slew of N64 games, and Mario Kart, but I did beat three non-Pokemon RPGs over the summer and have one of those left. Not sure how much time I'll have with the RPG though because of my classes and currently job hunting. I think I'll just focus on Metroid for now.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Despite enjoying my time with it, I'm not totally in a Super Mario Maker mood. I don't feel inspired at the moment so it makes me hesitant to get more into the maker mode or I'll just play some uploaded levels. There are other games I'm in the middle of now such as Metroid Prime, a slew of N64 games, and Mario Kart, but I did beat three non-Pokemon RPGs over the summer and have one of those left. Not sure how much time I'll have with the RPG though because of my classes and currently job hunting. I think I'll just focus on Metroid for now.
I'm basically the same way. There are Wii U games I have that I've yet to finish like Scribblenauts: Unlimited, Lego City: Undercover, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2. I also recently got Ducktales: Remastered but by the time it got in the mail, I was lying in a hospital bed for 2 weeks and I didn't get a chance to start on it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm basically the same way. There are Wii U games I have that I've yet to finish like Scribblenauts: Unlimited, Lego City: Undercover, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2. I also recently got Ducktales: Remastered but by the time it got in the mail, I was lying in a hospital bed for 2 weeks and I didn't get a chance to start on it.
Well, I have Xenoblade Chronicles 3D waiting for me to finish, but I never have the chance to play it ever since I am at college.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I have Xenoblade Chronicles 3D waiting for me to finish, but I never have the chance to play it ever since I am at college.
I've really got to finish that one before Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out. But apparently, I found myself playing Kirby Triple Deluxe again.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've really got to finish that one before Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out. But apparently, I found myself playing Kirby Triple Deluxe again.
I'm gonna finish it in a slow pace.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Well for me, I still have Mario & Luigi Dream team on hard mode to start with since I finish the game, but first, I still need to fight the sercet boss on the Boss rush(or Ring) where you go into the dream and fight bosses. I got Super Mario Kart and Special Cup to finish on 150cc and hopefully, I get gold without raging and keeping my cool from Bull s*** luck and the A.l.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well for me, I still have Mario & Luigi Dream team on hard mode to start with since I finish the game, but first, I still need to fight the sercet boss on the Boss rush(or Ring) where you go into the dream and fight bosses. I got Super Mario Kart and Special Cup to finish on 150cc and hopefully, I get gold without raging and keeping my cool from Bull s*** luck and the A.l.
Didn't play much of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team cuz I wasn't feeling it. Super Mario Kart is pretty frustrating since I still haven't gotten gold on the Special Cup 100cc. I wonder when is Mario Kart 64 gonna come out on the eShop.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Didn't play much of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team cuz I wasn't feeling it. Super Mario Kart is pretty frustrating since I still haven't gotten gold on the Special Cup 100cc. I wonder when is Mario Kart 64 gonna come out on the eShop.
Good luck with 150cc and keeping your cool because you're gonna need it when you finish 100cc. Star cup and Special cup on 150cc are really a pain in the a**. I don't know, but hopefully they also bring Mario Party back as well like the Wii version.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Good luck with 150cc and keeping your cool because you're gonna need it when you finish 100cc. Star cup and Special cup on 150cc are really a pain in the a**. I don't know, but hopefully they also bring Mario Party back as well like the Wii version.
Luck doesn't exist. I just need to rely on my gaming skills to finish.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
The price of the Wii version seems to be steadily going down so I'll try to pick that one up before X.
I ultimately gave up on Super Mario Kart. The gameplay and controls were way too foreign to me and I didn't like how 2nd and 3rd place CPUs could use signature items at will. So I just used cheats and hovered over the entire courses in 16 seconds. I'm not one to use cheats frequently, but I want to eventually beat games I own. When a game stops being fun for me, I find ways to make it fun again or at least remedy what's frustrating me such as being unable to win certain parts.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I ultimately gave up on Super Mario Kart. The gameplay and controls were way too foreign to me and I didn't like how 2nd and 3rd place CPUs could use signature items at will. So I just used cheats and hovered over the entire courses in 16 seconds. I'm not one to use cheats frequently, but I want to eventually beat games I own. When a game stops being fun for me, I find ways to make it fun again or at least remedy what's frustrating me such as being unable to win certain parts.
Well, do whatever what's best for you. Bowser always screw me over when I play Luigi and I was close for 1st on Rainbow H*** 150cc, but lost the GP because of him.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Laura Faye Smith
Kerri Kane
Mercedes Rose

I wouldn't mind it at this point since Laura F. Smith's voice as Rosalina has grown on me.

Then again if we are fair , the best portrayal of Rosalina by miles (fan -wise , voice-wise and personality-wise) is obviously Mercedes Rose. So i would say she would always be the Right choice , if Rosalina needs voice clips
Sadly , that won't ever happen again , Most likely because Rosalina needed to sound a bit younger (apparently) and that's why she was replaced by Kerri Kane , whose tone was a mix of serious and playful , really fitting For Rosalina , Smash , Mario Kart 7 and Mario Golf WT being enough proof.

And even so , if Kerri didn't move out , she would still be Rosalina ; The only reason why Laura was cast is because Kerri dropped the role. Being also fair with Laura , she did just fine in 3D World , but literally dropped the ball and did terribly in Mario Kart 8 . Also , Kerri was always Rosalina pre-release for Smash , it was never Laura , i should know since i gathered that info myself via email.

Quick Answer: I wouldn't mind it , But only if 3d world voice is used (Like Mario Maker , which did it right) since Laura still can sound ''Rosalina-ish'' , not because of echo or filters , she just needs to lower her voice to sound perfect like here :

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1U47PlXuy9E

No filters , no effects , just lowering down her voice does wonders .

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
And even so , if Kerri didn't move out , she would still be Rosalina ; The only reason why Laura was cast is because Kerri dropped the role. Being also fair with Laura , she did just fine in 3D World , but literally dropped the ball and did terribly in Mario Kart 8 . Also , Kerri was always Rosalina pre-release for Smash , it was never Laura , i should know since i gathered that info myself via email.

Quick Answer: I wouldn't mind it , But only if 3d world voice is used (Like Mario Maker , which did it right) since Laura still can sound ''Rosalina-ish'' , not because of echo or filters , she just needs to lower her voice to sound perfect like here :

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1U47PlXuy9E

No filters , no effects , just lowering down her voice does wonders .
Interesting information. I wonder why Kerri decided to drop the role after doing so well with Rosalina on those games. Even Laura may not get a lot of love, She's still a good voice actor to me next to Kerri Kane; But yeah, she could use alittle more on Rosalina's voice.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Interesting information. I wonder why Kerri decided to drop the role after doing so well with Rosalina on those games. Even Laura may not get a lot of love, She's still a good voice actor to me next to Kerri Kane; But yeah, she could use alittle more on Rosalina's voice.
She dropped it because she had to. She was moving out with her family to California(?) (I don't remember) and the studio where she recorded for Nintendo was in Seattle , so she had to quit ; She even commented that this was on Nintendo's part as she has the capability to record from Home , but i guess they choose to recast the role.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Any of you guys fans of Steven Universe? I find the show hilariously adorable and the last episode was doubly so.
Nope, I haven't really seen that show before. Even though it broadcast in Cartoon Network, it didn't come to Taiwan yet.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Any of you guys fans of Steven Universe? I find the show hilariously adorable and the last episode was doubly so.
I don't watch cartoons anymore. I now watch most of them CSI shows and all that good stuff.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've heard a lot about SU but I haven't watched. I dunno if it would be my kind of thing.

Also Kingdom Hearts has me covered for "adorable but with a complicated and deep story that will rip your heart out quite frequently".

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't watch cartoons anymore. I now watch most of them CSI shows and all that good stuff.
I don't watch TV like that often cuz there isn't any TV in my dorm... I'm gonna miss TV... I wanna see MLB playoffs and upcoming NBA season.

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I saw an episode but that is about it.
I think it was about him putting his friends fries in his pocket. Then his friend got all mad lol.

Overall I rarely watch TV anymore.
Most shows just don't catch my intrest.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Uh, how old are you exactly?
I'm old enough to watch the programs, but I'm not very comfortable with the use of blood and gore; too much of it can end up leaving me feeling light-headed, and in some cases, even faint. Besides, crime scene shows have never interested me at all anyway.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm old enough to watch the programs, but I'm not very comfortable with the use of blood and gore; too much of it can end up leaving me feeling light-headed, and in some cases, even faint. Besides, crime scene shows have never interested me at all anyway.
You get light headed over something you see like a dead person on TV? Can say I don't blame ya. If it was a dead person in real life, then that's whole different story. I've always been interested in these types of shows ever since the day I started watching CSI while I was still in high school. Since then I got hooked up to other shows like Law & Order, NCIS and Criminal Minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom