• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
she looks like lightning from final fantasy dissidia changing your luma could change your attributes, none the less playing roselina will require intense reads and smart placement of lumas to win, she won't be noob friendly. I will main her since she plays like snake.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's like all of Rosalina's opposition suddenly disappeared the moment she was announced to be playable

Same thing happened with Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, ironically.

It's the same thing every time:

Stage 1) "WTF but I wanted (insert character here) instead!!!" RAGEEE
Stage 2) "Oh well... I guess (insert new character here) seems pretty cool at least"
Stage 3) "OMG I LOVE THEM NOW <3"

4nace

Smash Ace
Feels like this type of character was a long time coming.

It looks a lot like it is Smash Bros' version of Orianna from League of Legends or Viola from Soul Calibur 5.

I have been doing designs for Smash Style movesets for a project I am working on and came to a similar conclusion that this type of character would be awesome. Will be interesting to see what Sakurai does with the moveset and how fun it is.

The way I thought of the moveset is that B moves manipulate the position of the Ball (Luma here) and Smash attacks all come from the ball. Looking at the video, they could be doing something similar. You can see Rosalina use tilts but the smash attacks might be on Luma.

One major difference that I can tell from both Orianna and Viola and the way I was imagining the character is that Luma can be attacked and that is shown in the clip. Maybe you can just respawn him after that?

-Dan

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
she looks like lightning from final fantasy dissidia changing your luma could change your attributes, none the less playing roselina will require intense reads and smart placement of lumas to win, she won't be noob friendly. I will main her since she plays like snake.
how do you know how she plays?

...she just got revealed

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
It would have been amazing to see Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario's paint brush based move set but Rosalina's move set sold me in. I wish I supported her inclusion.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think Rosalina will be our first female heavy character archetype.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm in the tiny minority that actually doesn't like this development

It's like all of Rosalina's opposition suddenly disappeared the moment she was announced to be playable
Because she got awesome trailer and is shown to have a unique and really cool play style, which a lot of people weren't expecting. I'm sure there are still plenty of people displeased with the inclusion though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Today might've been too early to determine Rosalina's competitive tier anyways. :laugh:
It's never too late!..but true seeing how we don't know the whole roster yet. But from what I've seen her move set is very good.
He moveset seems like she can handle herself against projectile crazed characters like Fox/Falco and Mega Man with her Luma meat shield and that projectile barrier move she was doing against Mario.
idk is that her Taunt!? She was doing something similar in a shot with Toon Link.

Any who it seems like she can deal fairly well against projectiles

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm in the tiny minority that actually doesn't like this development

I think that'll happen to every character. I'm willing to bet that if Wii Fit Trainer had support before her reveal, there'd be a ton of people against it. But everyone seems ok with it now.

Edit: Didn't even see that the next page happened already. Oh well.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
It's never too late!..but true seeing how we don't know the whole roster yet. But from what I've seen her move set is very good.
He moveset seems like she can handle herself against projectile crazed characters like Fox/Falco and Mega Man with her Luma meat shield and that projectile barrier move she was doing against Mario.
idk is that her Taunt!? She was doing something similar in a shot with Toon Link.

Any who it seems like she can deal fairly well against projectiles
I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being top tier.
But its WAY to early to tell. (we don't even know the full cast yet)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm really curious to see how this effects the structure of the character select screen. If they stick with vertical series representation, we'll have a 5-stack for Super Mario. I suspect they may try something else this time.

I'm happy for you Rosalina supporters. I was so indifferent towards her, but this I feel is a victory to all. Super Mario gets a new rep for the first time since Melee and Super Smash Bros. gets another female newcomer. Hooray!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Assuming the hitstun has been increased from Brawl's (like, Melee length hitstun), one can imagine the combo potential between Rosalina and the Luma.

On a separate note, what would her Final Smash actually be?

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
Assuming the hitstun has been increased from Brawl's (like, Melee length hitstun), one can imagine the combo potential between Rosalina and the Luma.

She brings the entire solar system down on you -_-

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

She could have a bunch of Luma's attack or something.

I'm going with something I call Star Bit Shower. Rosalina does her trademark spin, and the starbits from Galaxy fall from the sky. They come in clumps. Each color gives different types of damage:
red, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white
Red = Fire
Purple and White: Knockout

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm happy for you Rosalina supporters. I was so indifferent towards her, but this I feel is a victory to all. Super Mario gets a new rep for the first time since Melee and Super Smash Bros. gets another female newcomer. Hooray!

And the Super Mario Galaxy series (aka the greatest Mario games ever) gets the proper amount of representation it deserves!

A new stage AND newcomer? Happy times for my fellow Galaxy fans... In hindsight have no idea why I never supported Rosalina in the first place.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
And tjhe Super Mario Galaxy series (aka the greatest Mario games ever) gets the proper amount of representation it deserves!

A new stage AND newcomer? Happy times for my fellow Galaxy fans... In hindsight have no idea why I never supported Rosalina in the first place.
I only jumped on the Rosalina bandwagon after her 3D World reveal, and I never actually commented on this thread. As a Galaxy fan, I should have been supporting Rosalina much sooner as well.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm a big fan of Galaxy. While Mario 3 is still my favorite in the series, Galaxy did innovate the Mario series in a way we haven't seen before. On top of that, Peach was my favorite female Nintendo character, up until I played Galaxy and saw Rosalina. Suffice it to say, I was surprised no one made a Rosalina thread, so I figured, "why not?". I told myself that regardless of any other character reveals, Rosalina would be my top priority main should she ever be included, and what happened? Well, she was confirmed, and I will dedicate all of my time maining her. I'll still play around with Wii Fit Trainer though.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
roselina won't be easy you prob have to play defensive like snake since her options are around set ups and di predictions .. female characters are the hardest to play

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Alright, Rosalina fans, who honestly expected her to get in? I mean come on. You were all just wide-eyed hopefuls.

Well, there is no victory quite like an unexpected victory.

That said, I'm happy for you. As far as underdogs go, she's easily one of the most deserving. A likable character, and her moveset looks quite original, though of course there have been similar mechanics in past fighting games.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I only jumped on the Rosalina bandwagon after her 3D World reveal, and I never actually commented on this thread. As a Galaxy fan, I should have been supporting Rosalina much sooner as well.

For whatever reason my lack of creativity ****-blocked me from being able to see her as anything other than a Peach semi-clone.

But then again I guess this is why Sakurai is the big dog in charge and I'm merely a forum dweller. :awesome:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai could make the Tetris L Block look both unique and fun upon reveal.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
With the GIF I just posted it looks like she'll have a relatively easy time dealing with characters that have projectiles. And judging by her jump speed, Rosalina will probably be around the same weight as Mewtwo, maybe a little heavier perhaps.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I wasn't expecting Rosalina in Smash 4 (Smash 5 maybe, if she stayed this big in the Mario series), but I have no problems with it! Better her than Toad, Bowser Jr., or ****in' Waluigi. The only Mario character I want more is Paper Mario, who would probably represent his own series. I wasn't really a supporter of Rosalina, but I also wasn't opposed to her (and she's my favorite in SM3DW).

Either way, it's good to see a new character, and Rosalina looks awesome to play thus far. Very unique and very cool. Congratulations, fans!

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Everyone make your roselina tier prediction!

newbie-e tier

decent- c tier

skilled- b tier

mastered - a+ tier

Not expecting Rosalina in Smash 4 (Smash 5 maybe, if she stayed this big in the Mario series), but I have no problems with it! Better her than Toad, Bowser Jr., or ****in' Waluigi. The only Mario character I want more is Paper Mario, who would probably represent his own series. I wasn't really a supporter of Rosalina, but I also wasn't opposed to her (and she's my favorite in SM3DW).

Either way, it's good to see a new character, and Rosalina looks awesome to play thus far. Very unique and very cool. Congratulations, fans!
Dimentio from super paper mario is what I want lol

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've noticed that with her Up B (or what looks to be her Up B), Star Launch, she potentially has at least a decent horizontal recovery. Of course, this also depends on her jump height and aerial movement.

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't actually watch the trailer because I was too hyped. I just got around to it. She looks kind of like General Zod/Zatanna (just a little bit) from Injustice. So I will undoubtedly main her. It looks like we may finally have a zoner worth her salt.

Sorry Samus, and I just got around to loving you. :awesome:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wow.
So smash finally got a true puppet character that isn't ridiculous like the ice climber.

I'm pretty excited to see all the crazy set ups people do with the Luma.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
I didn't actually watch the trailer because I was too hyped. I just got around to it. She looks kind of like General Zod/Zatanna (just a little bit) from Injustice. So I will undoubtedly main her. It looks like we may finally have a zoner worth her salt.

Sorry Samus, and I just got around to loving you. :awesome:
her zoneing combo potential set ups and punishments are gonna be fun... sorry pitty pat :(

she may have crap for kill potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom