• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I still think the supernova turned black-hole is a good idea for a Final Smash. Once inside the hole; the mechanics switch over to Street Fighter for 10 seconds while time is slowed. It is not as OP as one might think. Many Smashers also play Street Fighter, so it wouldn't bring them to a disadvantage or anything. They are seasoned fighting game champions!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Her Final Smash should be summoning a Hungry Luma who explodes into a galaxy.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
As far
Dang, that trailer is making me wish I had played Super Mario Galaxy 2! She even has a magical flash kick...could she do that in SMG2?

And yeah Keybladeguy, thanks for sharing the goods, man! Like where did that miiverse thing come from? How come so few knew about it? :psycho:
As I'm concerned, she never did any fighting in the Galaxy games.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Well congrats Rosalina Suporters. I never thought this day would come. :laugh:

I'm curious how the whole tag-team thing works. From what I've seen it should be Luma who joins not Rosalina.

Whatevs, I need more information about this.

(I only dropped by because there were no good reaction videos on YouTube.)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm curious how the whole tag-team thing works. From what I've seen it should be Luma who joins not Rosalina.
She plays like puppetmasters from other fighters. The Luma is the one that does most of the fighting, but Rosalina is the one making the Luma fight.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
She plays like puppetmasters from other fighters. The Luma is the one that does most of the fighting, but Rosalina is the one making the Luma fight.
Well that's boring. I expected Rosalina as a full fighter. I thought the Luma would be a taunt.

So, the most harmless little thing ever can take down the Hero of Hyrule.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well that's boring. I expected Rosalina as a full fighter. I thought the Luma would be a taunt.

So, the most harmless little thing ever can take down the Hero of Hyrule.

Oh don't even with the logic. The fact that anyone but Link can hurt Ganon defies the logic of the Zelda games, but no one whines then.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I can't say I care for Rosalina because I don't, but her moveset is definitely interesting/unique.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Remember when there was a time some people considered Rosalina out-of-the-option because she wouldn't be able to use her Lumas as attacks (citing it as an "out of character" moment)?

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Oh don't even with the logic. The fact that anyone but Link can hurt Ganon defies the logic of the Zelda games, but no one whines then.
It's just funny when a star can eliminate the Triforce.

I find it funny that Pikmin and Olimar aren't considered a team but R&L are.

Finally got the initials covered.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Lol don't bring logic to sm4sh otherwise samus would be able to just turn everyone into pulp, and Rosa can make a galaxy appear with a kick which would turn people into strings.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think it's fairly interesting to see that both Rosalina and Luma perform the Up Smash/Up Tilt. I guess Rosalina really is a puppet master :)
Puppet Master indeed:

Dance! Dance! DANCE!!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Her final smash should be....

He appears and tells the enemies they've been playing for too long and star ko's them.

Groose

Smash Champion
Congratulations to the Rosalina supporters! Be thankful that your character got in and is so wonderfully unique; be sure to remember the joy of seeing her for the first time whenever you choose her in the game.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
IMHO I think Rosalina is probably gonna utilize the c stick or other joystick to move luma around either that or the ai on the Luma's movement it's gonna be powerful

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Absolutely awesome.

I've always been a silent supporter of Rosalina, and actually thought she had a fair chance, better than Jr. at least.
This also gives me new hope for a Chrom/Lucina tag team.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Puppet Master indeed:

Dance! Dance!
My theory is that the Lumas are illusions or teleported from the Observatory.

Illusion:
I don't recall Rosalina ever controlling Lumas at any point in time, which makes them illusions. Or she brainwashes them into dying.

To back up the teleporting theory:

While there are many Lumas out there, in the trailer you can see Mario's Luma which is one of a kind Luma and it ditches him in the end of SMG2. It resides at Observatory now. This could back up the illusion theory too.

Either that or she creates Lumas to fight and die.

Someone's going to ruin this.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
IMHO I think Rosalina is probably gonna utilize the c stick or other joystick to move luma around either that or the ai on the Luma's movement it's gonna be powerful
I think it will work like this:
Rosalina presses Down-B to place Luma in a position, Luma will copy any of Rosalina moves even when seperated.
Side-B will probably have Luma dash and have him stay in the position.
I'm guessing Neutral B will involve the gravity forcefield.
And the recovery? Have we found out about that yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom