• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not gonna lie.

Luma looks freaky when his limbs are stretched out.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I actually wasn't a fan of Rosalina for Smash, until I saw this trailer, now I'm quite pleased! I'm very interested in figuring out how to use her.
That's exactly how I was when I heard of the Wii Fit Trainer. Right up until I saw the trailer. :p

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
This looks eeriely similar to how Viola plays in Soul Calibur 5. Which is baaaaaaaaaaaaad news for all opponents, frames traps left right and center.

I'm really hoping the Hungry Luma is involved in her final smash. It'd be great if she summons one, feeds it, and then it turns into a massive sun that draws players in.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if anyone else has picked up on it, but when she does that combo where she knocks Pit into the Luma, who then knocks Pit up into the air and finished with the flip kick, Rosalina does her up smash or up attack at the same time the Luma attacks upward so she operates like the Ice Climbers in that Luma will mimic her standard attack inputs.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even going to act like I was a Rosalina supporter. It's not that I was Anti-Rosalina, more like slightly Anti-New-Mario-Rep (I just want to see a lot more new franchises). However, the fact that they made Rosalina NOT a Peach semi-clone, as most expected, gets me excited for her inclusion. She doesn't even seem like an Ice Climbers 2.0, like a lot of people have ALSO said. It's more of a fusion of ICs and Olimar, except those two characters depend on their extra party members (Popo does extra damage/ jumps higher with Nana, Olimar can't do anything outside of standard A without Pikmin). Rosalina seems to be able to both control and stand her own, even without a Luma. So, Luma is more of a compliment than a crutch.

grizby2

Smash Lord
WOOOOOW.:surprised:

ok, definitely didn't have too much faith in her at ALL. realllly wanted waluigi, but I can make do with her.
I wasn't even sure that they would add another Mario character, but I guess that was unavoidable. lol
the play style is pretty unique too.
she sure looks... combo-y...ya know?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Also, I just love how Wii Fit Trainer is randomly there in the poster. XD

"I'm a flying fitness trainer, deal with it suckers"
I think that Samus would have fit better with the space theme.
Or Pit because he flys. But no, we get the fitness trainer.

Edit: Did anybody else think of Peter Pan when seeing this picture?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, I just love how Wii Fit Trainer is randomly there in the poster. XD

"I'm a flying fitness trainer, deal with it suckers"
I can't stop laughing at this every time I see this. It's so perfectly random.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering we got FIVE Mario characters within 6 months after E3 2013, it is possible we might get a 6th Mario character who is unlockable... but it is probably unlikely.
Once we know Bowser Jr.'s fate, that'll be it for the Mario reps, though there's still the secondary Mario characters that'll have to be covered too.

So, if not already discussed, Final Smash?
Perhaps some raining Grand Stars? On the other hand, that's too much like Ness's PK Starstorm.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
This made me realise how dead Daisy is.
Way in the background behind Yoshi in a bee kart as Rosalina appears in front on Daisy's own bike.
Not to mention that Rosalina appears in both Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Brothers 4.
And she doesn't have an extra eye.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Luigi will obviously be unlockable, so maybe have the starting roster contain Mario, Peach, Bowser and Rosalina? I find it pretty unlikely to have 6 Mario characters, I don't really want to overfill the Mario franchise.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
This made me realise how dead Daisy is.
Way in the background behind Yoshi in a bee kart as Rosalina appears in front on Daisy's own bike.
Not to mention that Rosalina appears in both Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Brothers 4.
And she doesn't have an extra eye.
To make it worse, I'm pretty sure that's Baby Daisy at that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Luigi will obviously be unlockable, so maybe have the starting roster contain Mario, Peach, Bowser and Rosalina? I find it pretty unlikely to have 6 Mario characters, I don't really want to overfill the Mario franchise.
There IS the possibility of the entire roster being available from the beginning.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So, if not already discussed, Final Smash?
I got this.

Her Final Smash will be where the Purple Comet (you know the one where the Dark Marios come out and follow you) strike down right onto the stage & will create dark clones of opponents (except Villager). The clones will mimic your opponent's moves. They will get them trapped on an edge.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I feel Rosalina will be unlockable as well, along with Tink, Marth and the Villiager. I mean, of course Luigi will be a hidden character, that's just tradition man.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd just like to stop by again and say congratulations to those of you who supported Rosalina through and through.

I will admit it. I was incredibly skeptical, I even scoffed at the idea of Rosalina in Smash Bros. I thought it was a silly idea, something that wouldn't happen in a million years.

I didn't quite understand why somebody would want a character who had only made appearances in a duo of games on the Wii as her most important appearances. But once I realized that she was the hidden character in SM3DW, something changed for me. I looked at her as more of a possibility, and was still not real happy with that prospect. But that was from the butthurt perspective of "relevance, importance, derp" mindset.

When I woke up this morning, a friend of mine was texting me while he was watching the Direct; we were watching at the same time. I was so hyped last night, I didn't get to sleep until like 3am. That was because I was expecting great things. Like, 3 newcomers, Snake, and/or a release date for the games. Rosalina's reveal hit me like a sac of soggy potatoes...

Basically, while I was expecting more, I couldn't have asked for more. I didn't see the potential. But now that it's shown it's presence, I am thoroughly impressed. Additionally, I was always rooting for Paper Mario myself, but I am absolutely content with Rosalina and the moveset that she is bringing to Smash Bros. It's something we've never seen before, and something that I see as the most interesting and hype worthy newcomer yet.

Congratulations guys. You have earned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom