• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yeah fate of Starfy might be at a concerning level because of Luma. But then again Luma is a worthy Star ~

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Meh, Luma is more of a champ than Starfy. Did you see him in the ring? Now, I got another character to main in Smash 4 with Mario, Link, Sonic, and Mega Man. I'll be surprised if 2014 is the year of Rosalina. :rosalina:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Yes, but honestly, if it was such a "staple" like people claim it is (you guys overuse that term, as if you don't know what it means), would you not buy a Smash game if there were no hidden characters=???

It's honestly not that big of a deal either way.

Quite frankly, I just want more of an excuse to not play the (historically) single-player modes immediately and to be able to play as who I want when I first get smash games. I only play single-player modes when I feel like it, which is maybe once every 20 or so times I play it.
its a staple but not a must have thing, It wouldnt be the end of the world but I would enjoy unlocking them like I did back in melee, twas good times...

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think double jump cancels are going to be in smash 4?

I was thinking if Peach could do them, the maybe Rosalina could too.
(probably not though)

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Tried writing this yesterday, but my internet died, so...

Don't know if anyone has put any more thought into this, but here's some noteworthy stuff about Rosalina based on what I could see in the trailer:

1: It seems she can summon Lumas. This would mean that she's not limited to 1 per life or something like that. However, it is possible that the trailer merely shows her teleporting the Luma back to her from far away.

2: The facts that Lumas come in different colors and they have a unique death-animation seems to support the "more-than-1-per-round" theory. It's possible they have different powers based on colors as well, similar to Olimar.

3: Looks like Lumas will do attacks corresponding to the attacks Rosalina does, but that she can alter their behaviour by sending them away from her or making them hit the other way (Side B is probably shooting the Luma forward). She also seems to have control over the lumas even if she's unable to act, like when she's grabbed.

4: Lumas cannot get grabbed, which furhter supports the fact that they're more like some kind of weapon or minion and not the Nana to Rosalina's Popo.

5: Lumas seem to enhance Rosalina's moves. What this means is that she doesn't need them to be able to attack, but rather, they give her better properties on her moves (Like her dsmash hitting on both sides), and are not required like Pikmins are for Olimar's moves to work.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm starting to wonder if Rosalina might be Smash 4's answer to Brawl's Meta Knight. I mean, with a Luma by her side, that would have to make it exceeding difficult for anyone to chain-grab her; the Luma apparently can't be grabbed.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
My theory to the Lumas is that she is only able to summon one at a time. Each Luma has a certain threshold for the damage they take, and when they reach that damage, they disappear, giving Rosalina the ability to summon another Luma of a randomly chosen (or maybe in a set sequence) color. Doopliss_Swe's idea is pretty much everything I've been thinking as well.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just realized this but.......................................ROSALINA IS A STAND USER! ROSALINA IS A STAND USER! ROSALINA IS A STAND USER!

Luma is represented by the tarot card (JJBA Part 3 logic) The Sun and her stand's special ability is gravity manipulation! :awesome:

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that one of the lumas if not all of them can grab. (assuming different colors do different things)

but allowing all of them to grab might be op

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still can't believe she's actually in.

I thought she had so little chances.

<333

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
That projectile reflector/pull in looks ridiculously good when playing a match with items, especially since that move doesn't even activate the projectile

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just realized this but.......................................ROSALINA IS A STAND USER! ROSALINA IS A STAND USER! ROSALINA IS A STAND USER!

Luma is represented by the tarot card (JJBA Part 3 logic) The Sun and her stand's special ability is gravity manipulation! :awesome:
Giolina Giovanna & Luma Experience. :awesome:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Is it just me or is Rosalina quite larger than Peach? Like, I can't tell if she's bigger, or just closer to the screen. I know she's a heavier character in the Mario Kart series, so it would make sense.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
So I think all the different lumas have different properties.
Yellow is the average all around type
Red covers a larger distance in its attacks
Green has a higher durability
Silver has strongest attack
Blue(?) can grab
Each color having different abilities would be good

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that "item" projectiles like Link's bombs and Peach's turnips would be drawn in while missiles and other non item projectiles would get blown away.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Anyone still holding out hope for a developer direct video about her?

Or do you think they might hold off and include in her in a later video once more newcomers are announced?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I may not be the first to point this out, but has anybody noticed that she doesn't seem to have a voice? The Luma does, but I don't think Rosalina herself ever made a noise in the trailer.
It might just be a temporary thing - I'd like to think that she'd be given a voice for the final version.

D

Deleted member

neoriceisgood made some pictures for Rosalina. Enjoy.
I think that Samus would have fit better with the space theme.
Or Pit because he flys. But no, we get the fitness trainer.

Edit: Did anybody else think of Peter Pan when seeing this picture?
I wished they had put Kirby somewhere in the picture. Wii Fit Trainer (and to a lesser extent, Fox) seem to stick out like a sore thumb.
There IS the possibility of the entire roster being available from the beginning.
That is what I have been saying since Toon Link's reveal. Why have all five Mario characters from the start if that is all we're getting? Better yet, why would Toon Link have been revealed if there were going to be unlockables? There is no way Toon Link is a starter unless the entire roster is made available from the start.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I too suspect that the vast majority of the roster, If not the entire roster, will be starter, based on Toon Link and Rosalina.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well isn't the reason Sakurai got upset in the first place because the information got leaked to the internet before release?

It's just as viable that he's revealing characters so that they aren't spoilers later. I would be upset if there weren't any unlockables.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Unlocking is a temporary thing in comparison to the high replay value that is the multiplayer. Not only that, but everyone will be leaking how to unlock them and everything. Why bother making it unlock able if it's just going to spread around the Internet?

I think the age of unlockable characters in a fighting game are on their way out.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Is it just me or does Rosalina kind of look like a Zelda semi-clone? I mean the Lumas are unique but it seems like many of her attacks are similar to Zelda's, like Down Smash, Fair, Nair and Side Smash.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or does Rosalina kind of look like a Zelda semi-clone? I mean the Lumas are unique but it seems like many of her attacks are similar to Zelda's, like Down Smash, Fair, Nair and Side Smash.
Sakurai better bring back my princess or all hell will break loose :mad:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Is it just me or is Rosalina quite larger than Peach? Like, I can't tell if she's bigger, or just closer to the screen. I know she's a heavier character in the Mario Kart series, so it would make sense.

Yes she's taller than peach

No... look at her more in depth, there was a stream I watched posted earlier on this forum that broke down her moveset in extreme detail and she is no clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom