• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did an overhaul on the primary post, fixing up its formatting to be less messy.

@Claire Diviner: If you want to add more onto the primary post, I'd recommend disabling the rich text editor, by modifying your preferences. The rich text editor has the habit of messing up the formatting of our posts.

This made me realise how dead Daisy is.
Way in the background behind Yoshi in a bee kart as Rosalina appears in front on Daisy's own bike.
Not to mention that Rosalina appears in both Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Brothers 4.
And she doesn't have an extra eye.
Rosalina actually has two eyes. It's just that her hair bang is covering her right eye.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think there are site issues that are delaying it, but it should be up within a day or so.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Pretty awesome, I'm definitely a fan she looks very interesting. I'll admit she wasn't really even on my radar until she was announced to be in 3D world and people starting suggesting her as a possible character. But seeing her in action definetly made me a fan and I honestly prefer her to pretty much any other Mario rep so I'm pretty excited for Roslina.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I did an overhaul on the primary post, fixing up its formatting to be less messy.

@Claire Diviner: If you want to add more onto the primary post, I'd recommend disabling the rich text editor, by modifying your preferences. The rich text editor has the habit of messing up the formatting of our posts.

Rosalina actually has two eyes. It's just that her hair bang is covering her right eye.
I was talking about Daisy's third eye in Melee.

To make it worse, I'm pretty sure that's Baby Daisy at that.
Didn't even notice XD.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
At first I was skeptical but now I can say with confidence, Rosalina is a very cool and amazing character choice and I can't wait to play as her.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Man, Rosalina looks so awesome. She was my most wanted character in the game, but I still find it hard to believe it actually happened.

Beating Classic mode with Mario has been the first thing I've done with every Smash game. Assuming Rosalina is a starter, I might have to break that tradition.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Man, Rosalina looks so awesome. She was my most wanted character in the game, but I still find it hard to believe it actually happened.

Beating Classic mode with Mario has been the first thing I've done with every Smash game. Assuming Rosalina is a starter, I might have to break that tradition.
I'm pretty sure that some of the confirmed characters may not be available right from the start. This is especially the case for Mega Man and Sonic.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm pretty sure she'll be an unlockable. She has been unlockable in every game that she's appeared playable, so it makes sense to me that she'll be unlockable in this one.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
I'd expect her to be locked from the start
But hopefully not one of the last characters to unlock
More like subspace where you can unlock all the characters quickly

I'm still impressed by the fact that the blue star that swirls around her is the cursor from the Mario Galaxy games. She is using it just like someone playing Mario Galaxy would: to pick up items on the screen.

Love the creativity.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd expect her to be locked from the start
But hopefully not one of the last characters to unlock
More like subspace where you can unlock all the characters quickly
I kind of envision Rosalina to be one of the more complex characters to unlock. One major thought is that you'd have to clear Classic Mode as every Mario character (except Rosalina of course), and this even includes secondaries like Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario. For an example of what I mean...

Clear Classic Mode with Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Yoshi, and Wario.

The final character that you use in that objective will be the one who faces Rosalina in the challenger match. However, Rosalina would be set at a very hard skill level, making her one of the hardest characters to unlock. If you lose the challenger match, however, you can simply play Group Mode, and win a match as any of the characters mentioned on the objective to try again.

And yes, I do see Rosalina as being one of the last characters that you'll have to unlock, alongside Mewtwo, and perhaps even Ridley. And to add to this, you'd have to unlock some of the characters that you need to use to complete the objective first; Luigi, Bowser Jr., Dixie Kong, and King K. Rool would probably be unlockables too.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
I love how you added characters that aren't even included like bowser jr and king k roll
Lol but ya she seems to be usually the last to unlock in the games
Haven't played mario kart 7 but in 3d world you get her after beating the game

I'm still impressed by the fact that the blue star that swirls around her is the cursor from the Mario Galaxy games. She is using it just like someone playing Mario Galaxy would: to pick up items on the screen.

Love the creativity.
It makes me think more like when the player can shoot starbits at her or attack her and she deflects the moves with her force field
So that's what I think

I just wonder if Luma's spin when she does that move does anything

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I kinda hope Sakurai includes options to unlock characters using the save file system to reward those who play the games the characters are from. Have a New Super Luigi U save file in your Wii U? Unlock Luigi from the start. Have a Super Mario 3D World save file? Unlock Rosalina right away. Of course there will still be options for those who don't have the games, but it would be a faster option. Heck, Rosalina could be unlocked earlier in Mario Kart Wii if you had a Mario Galaxy save file.

Also, I was looking at the Smash Miiverse communitiy, and I'm loving the Rosalina art that's popping up.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKldDt9pSQ

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKEbtOdhfw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFl2xKbYw

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKldEJAX6w

Steelia

Smash Champion
Now that people are pointing it out... I think it's safe to say that Sakurai *is* showing us secret characters on the Smash site, and not just the starting roster fighters. Very interesting. This gives me hope we'll see more newcomers & unlockables ahead of time. Not all of them, but just the right ones to generate even more hype for the game which, quite frankly, it desperately needed pre-Rosalina's reveal.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
Ya I mean I would be happier if either Rosalina or Waluigi was added but then in saw male wii fit trainer so I was content
But now Rosalina is in so I'm happy
I would be happier if a magic based character gets in from the fire emblem series gets in
Because I'm honestly tired of seeing swordsmen
People are gonna get the idea that that's all the game is about
And Lin doesn't help lol
But ya I like diversity

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm super hyped for a Rosalina sub-forum! :grin:
Now that people are pointing it out... I think it's safe to say that Sakurai *is* showing us secret characters on the Smash site, and not just the starting roster fighters. Very interesting. This gives me hope we'll see more newcomers & unlockables ahead of time. Not all of them, but just the right ones to generate even more hype for the game which, quite frankly, it desperately needed pre-Rosalina's reveal.
This is assuming "secret characters" is still a thing.

Steelia

Smash Champion
This is assuming "secret characters" is still a thing.
Why not ? They're a staple of Smash. (That, and Sakurai admitted to Luigi being one, but showed him off anyway to commemorate the Year of Luigi.)

I just noticed the Rosalina is doing a Peach-like float in this gif :)
She does a Peach-like float for her crawl, of all things. Loving it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

I swear the Luma is the cutest thing to hit Smash Bros. Look at it's face. :p

"Pic of the day. Rosalina and Luma can be right by each other or set farther apart. They're both controlled by the player, so a smash attack can be done from far off. Remote control all the way!"

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Id like to say Rosalina for top tier first, then Id like to say that sakurai is going all out on this game, villager, rosalina and megaman have vastly different playstyles than any of the characters before them sakurai is doing an amazing job with the design of characters I have alot of confidence that this game will be good competitively and that every character added will feel fresh. Yes Im still afraid due to instinct that some people will be cut or great picks like Ridley wont make it but at the same time sakurai is making so many good decisions as of late I believe we might just get everyone back including mewtwo and roy as well as the big guns like Ridley and K. Rool, with Scared Optimism I say smash 4 might be the best yet!

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I wonder if she'll play like Ice Climbers a little bit since she tag teams with the Luma? I'm so happy she got in, Smash needs way more females

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why not ? They're a staple of Smash. (That, and Sakurai admitted to Luigi being one, but showed him off anyway to commemorate the Year of Luigi.)
You can take the staple out of your arm, you know. ;)

The only real staple that matters with smash is the gameplay, characters, stages, and the uniqueness of everything it continues to be. "Hidden characters" isn't necessary for the franchise; not even a little bit.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I hope they break te character limit for popular series though
I wouldn't mind mario having one or two more characters over the other series
Not saying that because I like mario or anything but I don't think they should try to even out other series to meet the quota like pokemon Zelda and Mario
I wouldn't mind pokemon having more non clone or similar characters

Well I can see what you are going at, but are we lucky then Waluigi is an Unlockable that is revealed at the end of the game (Launch)
And Dr.Mario being a costume for Super Mario, or else I don't see anymore of Mario making it in by now.

Wario & Yoshi would be considered outside of Mario, like Donkey Kong ~

MagnesD3

Smash Master
You can take the staple out of your arm, you know. ;)

The only real staple that matters with smash is the gameplay, characters, stages, and the uniqueness of everything it continues to be. "Hidden characters" isn't necessary for the franchise; not even a little bit.
Hidden characters imo is a staple to smash or at least the feeling you got from 64 and melee, brawl was ruined in that sense with subspace due to it being streamlined and easy, also not unlocking characters through events made them less impactful unlike the melee ones that made a big impact on me and I enjoyed them thoroughly. Now ultimately its up to sakurai to make the call on them being unlock able or not but I feel he understands the great feeling of unlocking something awesome like that and I personaly think its one of the reasons subspace is being done away with.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hidden characters imo is a staple to smash or at least the feeling you got from 64 and melee, brawl was ruined in that sense with subspace due to it being streamlined and easy, also not unlocking characters through events made them less impactful unlike the melee ones that made a big impact on me and I enjoyed them thoroughly. Now ultimately its up to sakurai to make the call on them being unlock able or not but I feel he understands the great feeling of unlocking something awesome like that and I personaly think its one of the reasons subspace is being done away with.
Yes, but honestly, if it was such a "staple" like people claim it is (you guys overuse that term, as if you don't know what it means), would you not buy a Smash game if there were no hidden characters=???

It's honestly not that big of a deal either way.

Quite frankly, I just want more of an excuse to not play the (historically) single-player modes immediately and to be able to play as who I want when I first get smash games. I only play single-player modes when I feel like it, which is maybe once every 20 or so times I play it.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman

Why did I draw this. Was it to give myself a cheap laugh at my own expense, or to help mend the butthurt wound that will never heal... Anyways, enjoy Rosa fans. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom