• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina looks like shes going to have a really good defense.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the lumas allowed her to start up a pretty good offensive game. (just a thought)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
That's what gimping is for. She also has a meteor smash.
A really safe, long lingering one at that. Ha!

I wanna see what people can do offensively though with the Luma as well.
That scene where Rosalina was being carried by DK, but the Luma was still able to attack despite her being in a grab. It makes me think, so long as you have the Luma set up near the opponent you can always threaten to trade blows with the opponent even if you get hit.
Or atleast discourage grab attempts~

This is just speculation though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder how long it'll be until we get a sub-forum for the Mother Cosmic.

Morbi

Scavenger
A really safe, long lingering one at that. Ha!

I wanna see what people can do offensively though with the Luma as well.
That scene where Rosalina was being carried by DK, but the Luma was still able to attack despite her being in a grab. It makes me think, so long as you have the Luma set up near the opponent you can always threaten to trade blows with the opponent even if you get hit.
Or atleast discourage grab attempts~

This is just speculation though.
That seemed to be the case, that will be helpful is chaingrabbing is back. Rosalina will be my go to character, especially against the Ice Climbers.
8-2 MU? Haha.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
guys gannon is the best MU for icies... wait a sec why did they not reveal gannondork yet?? can we plz give him a sword!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Doesn't her shield barrier draw in items as well?
Yes, and if this can simultaneously remove ownership of said item(s) from the one who threw it, she could be an effective anti-Peach, and maybe Zero Suit Samus (let's face it, she's going to be in the roster) early game, if her suit pieces make a return.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've noticed that with her Up B (or what looks to be her Up B), Star Launch, she potentially has at least a decent horizontal recovery. Of course, this also depends on her jump height and aerial movement.
It's always possible that the Star Launch's angle can be adjusted, much like with Fox's Fire Fox.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not to be a spoil sport, but, uh

When is she getting her own little area like the rest of the confirmed characters?

Also, I wonder if she's going to be a heavy character, or not.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I didn't actually watch the trailer because I was too hyped. I just got around to it. She looks kind of like General Zod/Zatanna (just a little bit) from Injustice. So I will undoubtedly main her. It looks like we may finally have a zoner worth her salt.

Yoooo you play Injustice though?? What system??

I've got a nasty Shazam

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yes, and if this can simultaneously remove ownership of said item(s) from the one who threw it, she could be an effective anti-Peach, and maybe Zero Suit Samus (let's face it, she's going to be in the roster) early game, if her suit pieces make a return.
I also am pretty sure she will return. The camera conveniently cuts away when Samus is finishing up her Final Smash.

Rosalina is definitely going to be a threat afar, but it seems she will have trouble up close without a Luma.
Her moves seem to be pretty punishable when they miss if there is no Luma to have your back

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like Rosalina will have to summon a Luma first with Down B or something, and then the Luma will proceed to respond to her standard attacks. Am I picking up on this right?

What's most interesting is that you can find Lumas of different colors. I wonder how each one performs.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
So it looks like Rosalina will have to summon a Luma first with Down B or something, and then the Luma will proceed to respond to her standard attacks. Am I picking up on this right?

What's most interesting is that you can find Lumas of different colors. I wonder how each one performs.
they could change rosies attributes red = killm power blue = aerial green = range

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Alright, Rosalina fans, who honestly expected her to get in?
Rosalina is my favorite character in the Mario Universe period, but I'll be the first to say I didn't think even for a second that she'd be in Smash 4, or even a Smash game at all. I figured her popularity was rather small compared to the rest of the Mario characters.

Looks like I was wrong though, and I couldn't be any happier. This is the first time in a Smash game where I won't be maining Mario.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Her move set looks pretty awesome!

The Mario bros. think they have a chance...

but Rosalina is a one man army

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Pretty happy to see rosalina. Honestly, of the possible mario newcomers, i think I supported paper mario a bit more than rosalina, but this update made me pretty happy regardless.
Honestly, I wasn't sure we'd get a mario newcomer this game, and that trailer was glorious. If we get a rainbow road stage, that would just be icing on the cake, haha.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Rosalina supporter must be having one hell of a party right about now. I'm just going to say this, right here, right now, to every Rosalina supporter:

I was wrong to consider Rosalina a non-contender.

Even though I did thoroughly enjoy the character, I never expected her to compete with heavy-hitters in Toad or Bowser Jr. I'm glad to say I was wrong.

If I were to venture into guessing a Final Smash, I would suggest a hailing comet storm within a designated area (perhaps within a trajectory range of about a 45' and/or 135' degree angle), hailing down meteorites of Lumas and bringing awe-inspiring destruction in their wake. It's only my speculative take on it, so I'd use it with a grain of salt.

Otherwise, I'm genuinely ecstatic at the confirmation of Rosalina.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Wow, I was totally not expecting this, but I am very happy!
This is the newcomer that has made me the most happy so far.

I definitely plan on maining her.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Rosalina supporter must be having one hell of a party right about now. I'm just going to say this, right here, right now, to every Rosalina supporter:

I was wrong to consider Rosalina a non-contender.

Even though I did thoroughly enjoy the character, I never expected her to compete with heavy-hitters in Toad or Bowser Jr. I'm glad to say I was wrong.

If I were to venture into guessing a Final Smash, I would suggest a hailing comet storm within a designated area (perhaps within a trajectory range of about a 45' and/or 135' degree angle), hailing down meteorites of Lumas and bringing awe-inspiring destruction in their wake. It's only my speculative take on it, so I'd use it with a grain of salt.

Otherwise, I'm genuinely ecstatic at the confirmation of Rosalina.

I honestly didn't really pay attention to Rosalina because I haven't played Mario 3D World and didn't know she was in it, figured she was kind of like a Krystal (popular but not really important). Then I remembered that she's a key character in most modern Mario games. Nonetheless, I never even considered her reveal to be a possibility, not because I don't like her but because I guess I just didn't appreciate her importance enough. Nonetheless, she looks pretty cool, I'll definitely play as her.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I never imagined her actually being playable, and I always thought of her as a Princess Peach clone... But seing her trailer, and how unique she is... I'm Gonna MAIN Rosalina <3

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Still pissed as hell about the character choice but I'd be lying if I said that gameplay footage doesn't look amazing.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyone notice how Rosalina is the most FIGHTING GAME character out of everyone in the confirmed characters? lol

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Dang, that trailer is making me wish I had played Super Mario Galaxy 2! She even has a magical flash kick...could she do that in SMG2?

And yeah Keybladeguy, thanks for sharing the goods, man! Like where did that miiverse thing come from? How come so few knew about it? :psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom