• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It might also seem this is one of our "middle tier" characters we got for the roster.
With the Luma set-ups? She might very well be high tier, i can imagine a lot of mind games happening with the Luma in play

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
I was honestly preferring Bowser Jr, but after seeing Rosalina in action, changed my mind. Her mechanics are mindf*ck. Playing against her is going to be a hell of a lot of fun, very interesting new challenge, especially against those that main and master her.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Waluigi is my first pick for a new Mario rep tbh, but I would take Rosalina over Toad/Bowser Jr/Geno(LOL)

Sign me up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well... I can honestly say I didn't see this coming.

At first I was kinda mad actually. But after seeing that trailer, I am SUPER hyped.

Congrats Rosalina supporters. Celebrate, you've earned it!

Hopefully, this means that more newcomers will start being revealed soon.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I could have sworn I checked the site and it was just another lame screenshot with nothing new, must have been a dream, that's awesome!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Well... I can honestly say I didn't see this coming.

At first I was kinda mad actually. But after seeing that trailer, I am SUPER hyped.

Congrats Rosalina supporters. Celebrate, you've earned it!

Hopefully, this means that more newcomers will start being revealed soon.
Keep your eyes out for the February direct. I think any direct is fair game to show off these trailers now.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
After watching the trailer again, I noticed that the lumas can knock you out of being grabbed.
THATS SO COOL :D

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
With the Luma set-ups? She might very well be high tier, i can imagine a lot of mind games happening with the Luma in play
I was referring to characters that can be included but not really needed, this goes for Waddle Dee, Rosalina (Though she is awesome!), and course gawd-damn Anna. I have lots of more confidence for Anna now. :love:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd like to point out that until the new Rosalina sub-forum is made, please keep all Rosalina topics on this very thread. There has been some technical difficulties with making the new sub-forum right now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I was referring to characters that can be included but not really needed, this goes for Waddle Dee, Rosalina (Though she is awesome!), and course gawd-damn Anna. I have lots of more confidence for Anna now. :love:
oh okay, sorry misunderstanding on my part

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How does it feel to get a character everyone said would never happen? Congrats.

It gives hope to all those characters we think are impossible. Not anymore.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
oh okay, sorry misunderstanding on my part
Today might've been too early to determine Rosalina's competitive tier anyways. :laugh:

I can't wait for Anna's reveal now!

Morbi

Scavenger
Today is a great victory... I regret not joining the cause sooner. I will admit, I was one of the people that believed she had a chance only after her 3DS World reveal. However, I have always been a Rosalina fan, I could not have asked for a better reveal. Sakurai makes me believe in the Christmas spirit.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Who thought she was impossible...?

I thought she was as likely as Waluigi and Bowser Jr

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Well i cant say i was a supporter, but i was sure rosys future was going to be huge after she appeared in mario kart 7.
It was a very safe option to pick after 3D World in my opinion, maybe is just me...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I can't actually recall ever getting a playable character that I strongly supported prior to release......so I don't really know that feeling. I know an Isaac or Shulk confirmation wouldn't be quite the same but it would still be the closest I'd come to experiencing it.

They kinda seem to be in this weird limbo area where people think they're likely and unlikely at the same time.

D

Deleted member

Who thought she was impossible...?

I thought she was as likely as Waluigi and Bowser Jr
I once did. I thought she was impossible because she wasn't as important as Toad or Bowser Jr., was not highly requested and I didn't think she would be received well if playable. Turns out that I seriously underestimated uniqueness here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rosalina looks like a great character! She has lots of range, and projectiles won't **** with her at all.

Am happy she got in! After seeing her, I'm not even bothered by no Toad or Paper Mario.

Best newcomer reveal so far!

Congrats on everyone who supported her! :rosalina:

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina looks like a great character! She has lots of range, and projectiles won't **** with her at all.

Am happy she got in! After seeing her, I'm not even bothered by no Toad or Paper Mario.

Best newcomer reveal so far!

Congrats on everyone who supported her! :rosalina:
projectiles wont **** with her??? how so?

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm in the tiny minority that actually doesn't like this development

It's like all of Rosalina's opposition suddenly disappeared the moment she was announced to be playable

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I only thought that because the luma moves when she does it...
It seems the Luma reacts to all of her movements, so this could be just a coincidence that the Luma is out during the move.

It's like all of Rosalina's opposition suddenly disappeared the moment she was announced to be playable
That's because they really can't say anything else. All of their reasons for her not to be included have been thrown out the window, and complaining about her confirmation isn't going to undo or repudiate her inclusion. All they can really do is accept it, move on, and hope the character(s) they support are included to the roster alongside Rosalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom