• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Seems to be a combination of Olimar and Ice Climbers, because they did desync it looks like, but Rosie can summon another Luma if one gets destroyed.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd like to give congrats to all the Rosalina fans!

Although I'd have preferred Waluigi or Toad (and have mentioned despising the idea of Rosalina in Smash), I'm actually very interested in her puppet master gameplay. And, at least she got in over Bowser Junior, so hallelujah for that.

The trailer made me very confused. "Oh, it's Kirby. Kirby Air Ride 2? Kirby U? Oh, there's Rainbow Road. Kirby's in Mario Kart? What? Is that DK's Smash HD fur? A Rainbow Road stage? Luma? Why is the Luma like Starfy? Is this Rosalina? IT IS ROSALINA. Um, OK. Is she shooting a black hole from her dress? She controls little Lumas? Multicolored Lumas? Poke Ball? Gravity Shield? Launch Star? Villager net? What? Kirby dancing for Rosalina's entertainment? Why did Toad want me to see this? Oh, it's over. No Miis? Good."

Can't wait to see my brother's reaction.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Well, we're all gonna have to throw our roster predictions away again. I was really expecting Bowser Jr. for a 5th Mario rep. Sakurai, you rascal. :D

Rosalina's cool though. She looks unique, and we definitely need more female characters.

And Rainbow Road stage! I was hoping for that one!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, congratulations Rosalina fans.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
****ing yes! I am on nirvana here! I have officially found my main (as if that was a surprise). I saw the announcement on Smashboards' Facebook page and though, I need to come here. Then I find out there's a trailer? I'm gonna watch the trailer naow. brb

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I think the question now is if she's gonna be slow and immobile like Zelda.

I hope her grab game is good, Luma grab combos Sakurai Im begging you

EDIT: Also, can someone explain how her inclusion confirms IC's? I'm just a bit confused to the reasoning is all- I really want them to return but can't help but be worried.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Man I'm loving how her moveset appears to be! So unique so awesome, Sakurai working his magic. ;)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
After watching a video of her playstyle, I have to say I'm in love with it. It's like two characters in one, and she has different colored Lumas, so I'm guessing her playstyle can be heavily varied. GOD! Rosalina in Smash 4 confirmed! WOO!

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Anyone with a moveset similar to Olimar is welcomed by me.
Looks very interesting, sad part is she will probably be unlockable, so I'll have to wait to play... :(

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder if the Luma changes color as it takes damage or she just summons different color Lumas with different traits.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyone with a moveset similar to Olimar is welcomed by me.
Looks very interesting, sad part is she will probably be unlockable, so I'll have to wait to play... :(
The only similarity she has with Olimar is creating henchmen that can be killed. Other then that she works more like a BETTER version of the Ice Climbers.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking

It would be cool if one of the lumas could grab, and if it could then maybe Rosalina would have an option-select...

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Haha, last night after I read the Miiverse comment, I was thinking "Okay, there's gonna be another character tomorrow. Think... It's a week before Christmas, so Nintendo's probably gonna wanna promote their flagship Wii U title... Maybe they'll reveal Rosalina? Nah... That seems like too easy of a prediction... Hmm..."

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
B: Luma summon. Color lumas could be random, controlled with the pad, or some other way to navigate through colors.
Side B: Shoots out a Luma. Different colored Lumas have different effects. Red shoots out star bits at the end.
Down B: Gravity shield. Pulls in items, deflects projectiles.
Up B: Launch star.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think the question now is if she's gonna be slow and immobile like Zelda.

I hope her grab game is good, Luma grab combos Sakurai Im begging you

EDIT: Also, can someone explain how her inclusion confirms IC's? I'm just a bit confused to the reasoning is all- I really want them to return but can't help but be worried.

It doesn't confirm the ice climbers....but it does discredit the main argument against their inclusion. (That having duo characters would be too hard to implement on the 3ds)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Top tier, mid tier... bottom tier. I will be a religious player of Rosalina regardless of her placement. I mean, look at Vermanubis and his Ganondorf. Will he ever win nationals with Ganon? Probably not. But he makes Ganon look so beast.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol guys don't even try to speculate who's gonna be in what tier... Absolutely no way to know yet since we don't even know how the basic mechanics are gonna work in this game.

Lets just be thankful that all of the newcomers revealed so far are looking both unique and fun.

Can't wait to try them out... As well as some of the revamped veterans.

Shroob

Sup?
The nice thing about this reveal is that anyone who was counting IC's out due to their previous issue... Looks like they have it figured out now.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Congratulations Rosalina fans! Welcome to the club...the club of playable characters!:cool:

Ever since I thought about it a month or two ago, she just seemed like the right choice for a new Mario character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom