• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Character in Nintendo History; Current Debate: Dark Samus vs. Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
The first paragraph was directed at Blood-Katana. The follow were at the people saying that Link could shove bombs in her Jetpack and stab her through the visor. And I didn't call anyone stupid, I was calling that "he could do this then this" argument stupid, because it is possible to say that with any match up. I'll be more specific next time, sorry.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
Alright, Im here for samus, just lettin everyone know right now.
Aye aye, cap'n!

Ronike said:
Now, there are three items that truly come to mind when thinking of ways that MFS can triumph over link that MPS does not posses. Those three are the infinite jump space jump..........
'Space' jump? It's not just for space, is it? I would assume not, I'm just makin' sure.

Ronike said:
Her stackable beams would give her a massive advantage over Link as she can shoot from behind any cover and it would freeze link. The wide beam upgrade would also allow her to shoot in a manner that would be hard, though not impossible, for Link to dodge. And even if we assume the wide beam only extends the beam upward, not horizontally, the rate at which MFS can fire her beam could make the beam so as to be wide horizontally. She is portrayed as very smart, so I would assume she would be able to figure out to shoot a shot to the right and left of Link in a quick manner to trap him, then one up the middle to hit him. In addition, is it possible that the plasma beam upgrade would pierce Nayru's Love and damage Link? It works on SA-X...
Let's assume any 2D character to be 3D in a 3D environment, k? So it would expand both vert. and horiz.

Everything in the Zelda games 'pierces' Nayru's Love, it just doesn't hurt Link. Like, it doesn't bounce off the barrier, it just goes on through and hits Link. He even flinches/falls down, he just doesn't take damage.

Also, I see how missles would be completely out of the question, but shouldn't beams be absorbable by the Mirror Shield? He could absorb them and shoot them back like he did against Ganandorf's 'mom' (yes, according to story those elemental witches raised Ganandorf), I can't remember her/their names.

Ronike said:
The Space Jump basically would allow her to remain out of link's sword reach and would make it quite easy for her to dodge link's bomb arrows. Even if Link could so masterfully shoot the bomb arrows so that they explode just as they reach where MFS is, at the range he would be shooting from, MFS could easily just ascend another 10 feet and she would be out of explosion. And in addition to this, she can shoot down at Link while this far in the air, so she need not come down. So now Link has no way to hit her.
Did Oot/MM Link have bomb arrows? I can't remember.

If he had absorbed any beams, he'd have a way to hit her. And is there a chance that the Longshot (longer hookshot) could grab onto her?

Goron Link could 'run' fast enough to dodge Samus's shots, and I think she'd tire out before a Goron.

Link could play the Song of Storms. If Samus stayed up too high, along with being the only thing up IN the air, and having a suit of metal, she'd get hit by a lightening bolt. Could that screw up her suit?

Ronike said:
Now, if she got bored of the aerial assualt on Link, she could come down and use the speed booster. Hyrule field is more than large enough for her to build up the speed for it, and while she uses it, she is invincible completely. Link's weps would just bounce off of her in this mode. Now, since MFS is 2D, perhaps she can only speed boost in one direction. But in MF, Samus can crouch to "store" the speed boost effect and reaim and fly thru the air. And once she hits a hill, she goes back to running with the effect and can repeat this effect. Anyone that has played OoT knows that Hyrule Field is very hilly, so she could do this very easily. And she is moving at a very high velocity, so Link would be unable to keep up and do damage when she crouches. So with MFS flying all around at high speeds, eventually Link would get careless and get hit by her. When this happens, most things in the game explode or take heavy damage, so at the very least link would take heavy damage. If he had Nayru's Love on, I think it could be easily assumed that he would at least fly back in recoil, at which MFS could hit him with a couple of shots and freeze him until the NL ran out.
I don't have much, here. He could use the Blast Mask, and explode whenever Samus got near him. The Giant's Mask would certainly help him some. With the Mask of Truth, he could read Samus's mind and have a decent idea of what she might do. The Fierce Diety Mask would allow him to shoot those disks out, but only at full health, right? And if he ever did manage to hit Samus while in Fierce Diety mode, it would do quite a bit of damage.

LukeFonFabre said:
And I'm still not comfortable with the gauntlets increasing attack strength idea. Granted it makes sense, but the game itself doesn't give any evidence that they are a passive ability, and as they're magical, it's plausible that they are entirely situational. It's probably something people should vote on.
Well, game mechanics are not included, so what makes sense works. Nothing that you use them for is required, I'm pretty sure. They just give Link incredible strength. That's all. Since nothing you do with them is required, you can think of it as them just 'helping Link do stuff.' Well, since killing Samus isn't required (not according to story, anyway), shouldn't they 'help Link' beat Samus? He could lift a building that may be out there to throw at Samus, so why not swing a sword with the same amount of energy? After all, all it did was make him stronger.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
@SSBMasterFox

Space Jump allows Samus to jump an infinite number of times, never touching the ground, ever. And only EMP's can disrupt Samus' suit, but only for a very short time. And, how would Samus "tire" out from shooting beams?

Kada

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: 'tire out' from jumping 10 feet in the air over and over.
Well, I'm thinking it's more of an action that's just done by Samus' suit. I'm not sure that she really expends a lot of energy herself while doing it. But then again, I haven't really played a lot Metroid Fusion, so I could be wrong.

Wuss

Smash Champion
First off link is too honorable to hit a woman (had to get that spam out of the way).
If we're thinking realistically here, link's arrows would just bounce off of samus's suit, and so would his boomerang. Lets assume then that only his bombs could hurt her, as well as his sword. If samus is the samus from MP, then she has so much stuff at her disposal, with absolutely amazing range. Therefore, the only way link could win is if he got in close to her, which I think he could do if he used his projectiles to block her's. THerefore, in the end, I guess I see link winning.

funny, cause I started the paragraph thinking samus would win, but then I changed my mind as I thought about it...

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Crimson)S(hadow told me he couldn't post in a PM, this is what HE says, not me.

Crimson)S(hadow said:
Guys, Have you read anything I've been saying at all? Since SSBMasterFox has accepted my theory on the granite tower and the golden gauntlets, Link would have NO TROUBLE slicing through samus. Sigh i'll just explain it again i suppose.

We have to take into account Link's golden gauntlets, and the fact that he is able to lift granite towers. i compared these towers to the limestone blocks of the great pyramid, each 20,000 tons. Now since granite is more dense then limestone, and the fact that the granite towers are larger, Link's sword slashes would have at 40,000+tons of force behind each and every slash. That is way more then enough to slice Samus and anything she's wearing in half.

Also, the mirror shield would be able to reflect 99% of samus's arsenal and i'll explain this.
All of Samus's weapons and beams are are more energy then matter, so the mirror shield would absorb the energy then reflect it, just like it says. I thought the missles were an excepttion but when i turned on my echoes game, it seems very much massless. Therefore, the beams of energy are not much different to the beams of sunlight or plasma that twinrova uses to attack link, which he can reflect. Also. DO you guys recall Link vs Ganondorf in OOT? Link is able to reflect ganon's ENERGY balls and play volleyball with them with his SOWRD, his HAMMER, or even a MAGIC bottle.

I'm totally flaming the no game stacking rule because theres already a rule that allows stacking -_-. Also, remember its just 18 days of invincibilty (SIX not four SIX bottles from MM with romani ranch and naryu's love) It should be allowed because it STILL HAVE A TIME LIMIT, just a very long one.

Also, imo the Master Sword is unbreakable, here are my reasons:
1-It was made by godesses
2-It remains in PERFECT MINT CONDITION in a game series that is 400 years+
3-It resides in the temple of time, implying that the blade itself may be "timeless" itself
4-It makes that swooshy sound even if Link doesn't swing hard

**********before you guys think "samus, high technology, autumatic win", PLEASE read
my arguments

P.S.. no matter how high samus jumps, Link will use the giants mask, catch her, then eat her Link chubby cheels xD
I doubt that they are 20,000 tons, but it doesn't even matter.

He can reflect Ganon's stuff. We don't know if he could do that with Samus.

The Mask doesn't let Link grow that fast.

You can't absorb missles into a mirror. Period.

I don't care about the fact that he's invincibile, I care about how LONG he stays invincible. It's not fair for any of the other contenders, and it makes him win almost by default. Winning by default = not fair.

Oh, and the rule says that the CHARACTERS can be mixed to WIELD skills and items. It doesn't say that they can MIX skills and items.

Letting them mix these skills and items would allow them to do things that they CAN'T do, which isn't respecting the abilities of each character. THAT being said, I think it's only fair that I go ahead and add the rule. Because it would allow them to do things that they can't do.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Samus would make short work of link, she could just use the metroid techniqe: freeze with ice beam, fire missles, rince, repeat. besides with an armor that can defy gravity and withstand lava, none of links wepons would damage her.... unless he can get close enough to bump her :laugh:

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Samus would make short work of link, she could just use the metroid techniqe: freeze with ice beam, fire missles, rince, repeat. besides with an armor that can defy gravity and withstand lava, none of links wepons would damage her.... unless he can get close enough to bump her :laugh:
Again, preeeeeety sure the Mirror Shield could absorb beams. In this case, the Ice Beam.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
link can just transform into zora, drink chateu romani, and be invincible. or he could just slow time, turn into fierce deity link and make short work of samus

Armygeddon Bomb

Smash Ace
Samus has homing missiles, powerful beams, super bombs, and such. I would think that Samus could defeat Link with all these items. Not to mention the suit which arrows could bounce off, bombs would do very minor damage, and Link couldn't get close enough for the sword.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
guys imagine if ganondorf got his hands on the majora's mask...
anyways even with just 1 naryu's love spell, link should be able to run up to samus and slice her in half once by then, which would kill her. its not realistic for samus to keep her distance and "keep blasting link away", considering samus could hardly keep her distance vs those tiny enemies in echoes and prime, which seem to dash towards her with relative ease. someone with link's stature, courage, and power would be able to aproach samus much easier then those lil ice dinosaur tikes.

even if we are imagining how the fights would be, we have to assign references so our ideas would be reasonable. This is cuz we cant' simply go up to Gunpei Yokoi or Miyamoto and ask who is the strongest of all nintendo characters, if they could have thir weapons. again my main reference to link's strength is the granite tower, and i cant think of any references to samus's beams. she could break things with minor cracks, but i cant remember if she broke anything bigger then the boulders in the MM the powder keg is used for, and i doubt it.

also i think we need to discuss the stone mask, since it would allow link to get behind samus. Since all of samus's strength relies on her green beam-launching arm thing and we dont have any reference to how strong she is hand to hand, its safe to assume she's about the same strength as a sumo wrestler, assuming her blood is enhanced. once she is hand to hand, link could easily push over her girly arm cannon and slice her, and parry her. true she has vessals but we must also keep in mind that the stone mask is magical, which makes u as plain as a rock. the only reasonable thing samus could use to see link would be the magical lense of truth, again it would be useful if we could talk to miyamoto himself.

if link doesnt win, then im guessing ganondrof would win since you need sacred arrows to hurt him and you still need to seal him in another dimension so he won't come back. ganondorf's speed and agility is actually much much better then they were portrayed in ssbm.

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
Yea that piece about Ganondorf, he is a hellave a lot faster in the LOZ games. And about link i totally agree with you. And yes i only agree with people i don't bring any evidence my self...:laugh:

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
For the love of god people, a person with a gun would kill a person with a sword before they had time to do anything. And ANYBODY can make a half a**ed story on how one character can kill another.

Like the following:

Pigeon vs Boy w/Slingshot

So the boy with the slingshot could try to shoot the pigeon, but the pigeon, using its speed, could easily dodge the incoming rock. Then, the pigeon could swoop down and land on the little boy's head and peck one of his eyes out before he could reload the next rock. The boy, now with one eye, would constantly miss the pigeon because he has no depth perception. Then the pigeon could cast a spell that made him grow to the size of a small whale. Then he would proceed to impaling the boy with his tallons. The boy would die from blood loss/organ failures and the pigeon would win.

See, it can be done with anybody. Could SOMEONE give a legit reason how Link beats Samus instead of coming up with ******** a** stories and scenarios. Or do I have to do Ant vs Galactus?

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
Link has to much magic and too many masks, but you are right about Samus just shooting him before he could do anything...

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
If Samus 'just shot him,' and Link died, a fairy would bring him back to life, and he'd watch out for for the shots. Now, if Samus's shots are strong enough to kill Link in one hit, and he's watching out for them, then he'd probably wanna cast Naryu's Love, which would make him invincible for some time.

Ronike

Smash Ace
guys imagine if ganondorf got his hands on the majora's mask...
anyways even with just 1 naryu's love spell, link should be able to run up to samus and slice her in half once by then, which would kill her. its not realistic for samus to keep her distance and "keep blasting link away", considering samus could hardly keep her distance vs those tiny enemies in echoes and prime, which seem to dash towards her with relative ease. someone with link's stature, courage, and power would be able to aproach samus much easier then those lil ice dinosaur tikes.
Bull ****.
A) Look at them in SSBM
B) Samus has speed booster to make her twice as fast as that
C) Samus can jump forever with space jump.

Plus, if you are any good at all in MP, those tiny enemies dont catch you.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well I already stated my arguments a few pages ago for Link and I still think he would win but I just concluded to this. Two great Nintendo characters. Link is a male-Samus a female. They wouldn't fight because one, Link is too manly.
Two-Link would cheat on Zelda, go for Samus and have the ultimate hero in the universe.
This debate needs new characters now. Everyone is repeating stuff.

I nominate BlackNight versus Darknut
or
K.Rool versus Bowser...more of the K.Rool versus Bowser one though.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I agree with Creo, new character time. Put this one as a draw, onn hold, or someone play rock paper scissors with me.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Black Knight vs. Darknut

Do you really think it's Mario or Luigi?

Did you just nominate a Darknut? K. Rule and Bowser? My gosh... Are all of those real nominations? If they are, I have to add them to the first post, but are y'all serious?

Anyway, let's put off the Samus vs. OoT/MM Link for a while, even though we were just getting somewhere with it....

Black Knight vs. Darknut

Anyone make up a decent scenario. I don't know anything about the Fire Emblem universe, so someone who does, make one up, please.

I'll go edit the title.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Nice my thing is being used...BlackKnight versus Darknut people...thank me later cause I know it is awesome just like K.Rool and Bowser. And I am serious. If you were sarcastic, I didn't catch it.
A tie sounds fine for Link versus Samus.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm not too sure I get this match up. You're putting the Black Knight, one of the hardest bosses in FE POR, against a generic enemy that can can be quite easily killed.

Regardless, the Black Knight wins seeing as his armour is impervious to everything except to Ragnell (and weapons with similar properties), so the Darknut wouldn't be able to harm him at all. Not to mention his sword has a ranged ability and he has the special ability Luna, which multiplies his strength and ignores armour.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
haha, the black knight eats darknuts for breakfast.

and lol @ samus tying with link. oh well, not everyone is as intelligent as we'd hope. not to say some of you are dumb, just...well, theres nothing that can be done now.

whats next, a race between mario karts and f-zero machines? 'but mario has the BLUE SHELL!!!!'

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Thats true...I nominated these but I said I would rather my K.Rool versus Bowser more.
Yeah as much as Darknuts are cool and I love Zelda, BlackKnight would win. The stuff he has for that game just blow Darknuts away. In Zelda, they are good enemies because Zelda is waaayy different.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Link and Samus didn't tie, we're just putting that one off for a while, 'cause no one can agree on it right now.

Creo, do you seriously think that Darknut, Bowser, or K. Rool could win the whole thing? I'm not even gonna add them to the list until you answer this. Oh, and a Darknut couldn't beat anyone on the list, so there's no point in adding him.

Next debate: Dark Samus vs. Arceus

Someone make up a scenario, plz......

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
WELLLLLLL...

Dark samus is just crazy.....

i dont know **** about either..... lol:laugh:

Who is Arceus anyway?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Eh, I gotta go with Arceus, seeing how its a god. Hmm....it makes me wonder what would happen if a "Phazon Plate" ever existed.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No I don't. I never said that either. Take it out of you minds...K.Rool though...jk.

Arceus. Not because of god, cause of the attacks it can have(different kinds and can keep switching), much more swift, probably more powerful. That is my opinion.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Arceus. Not because of god, cause of the attacks it can have(different kinds and can keep switching), much more swift, probably more powerful. That is my opinion.
K, but if (big if) Arcerus actually manages to "kill" Dark Samus with its generic pokemon atks, Dark Samus will just reform. The only way we really know how to kill dark samus right now is "total molecular disruption", as stated in the game, and if the destruction of an entire dimension wasnt that, I'm pretty sure Arcerus cant kill Dark Samus. So yeah, Dark Samus, hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom