• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Character in Nintendo History; Current Debate: Dark Samus vs. Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
*McFox EDIT* This topic reopened by McFox, seeing as how he had Osco's permission to make it.

So, some of the members here may remember the old 'Most Powerful Character in Nintendo History' thread, and you might also remember how it ended. The question went unanswered, because a bunch of one-liners kept spamming up the room, thus leading to the eventual locking of the thread.

Recreation of this thread has been okay'd by Osco316, and the idea was supplied by Gamingboy in the original thread.

The only rules I'm going to make (unless prompted later) are:

1. No 3rd party candidates,
2. While Paper Bowser uses the Star Rod, he can only do things that he did in game. This is mainly because it is absolutely absurd to think that Bowser could be the most powerful character in Nintendo history. Also, he's too dumb to use it right, that's why he lost. (This is assuming someone nominates Paper Bowser.)
3. Link Mixing. Don't combine Links that exist as different people. Different Links can be pitted against each other, however. (Characters that appeared in more than one game as the same existing character can be mixed to wield skills. i.e. Mario from Mario 64 can use the FLUDD and still retain all acrobatic stunts that he has done in the past.) (certain exceptions are made for Links who exist in other games as the same character)
4. NO SPAMMING. If you arrive late, and there are a LOT of pages, at least review what's already going on before you post. I don't mean read it word per word, just know what's happening, please.
5. Don't assume to an outrageous degree. I'll hire a few people to PM back and forth to decide when an assumption is too much.
6. The 'Most Powerful Character' is defined as the one character that can beat more of the other characters than any other character. (Read that a few times, slowly. It'll come to ya ;) )
7. If a game doesn't have a story (Mario Party, for example), gadgets from those games cannot be used by the characters from those games. Skills, however, (i.e. from the Super Smash Brothers series) can be used. i.e. the Mario Finale
Also, certain rules for certain games might have to be made as nominations come in. i.e. the Bowser and Link rules above.
8. Weaknesses are NOT ASSUMED. For characters that don't know each other, there's just no reason.
9. No invincibility items. i.e. No Power Stars. (Though Nayru's Love is only temporary, so it is allowed, assuming someone nominates Link)
10. No time traveling. (so that someone like Celebi can't win by default)
11. No retreating.
12. If a character appears in more than one game, and has different skills/items in each game, skills/items of different games cannot be mixed. They can mix skills/items from each game individually, but not with skills/items from more than one game.

This will be done in debate form, not a poll. Scenarios will be used to intelligently discuss and decide who the winner is.

Let's try to have fun with this, and remember, the spamming bloodbath is what got it locked last time.

Anyway, that's that. Osco has given me a chance at this thread, so please don't spam. If too much of that goes on, it will get closed. And we don't want that happening, now do we?

Thanks, Osco!!
Thanks, McFox!!

I nominate 0²

Reason for nomination: 0², already very powerful, is shielded in a planetworth of Dark Matter, thus being protected from every angle.

Nominations:
0²
/

Mew

Mewtwo
1 Point
The Black Knight

Formortis----------------------can't find a picture, can someone send me a link?
Ike

Samus Aran

Ganondorf

Link

Arceus

Darkrai

Shaymin

Dark Samus

You can nominate someone at any time!

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I'd have to say the most powerful character is Mewtwo by far. His psychic powers are to powerful for almost anyone or anything to handle. On top of his godly stats in the pokemon games, if we refer to the movie, he has the ability to even control the weather (which he can do via rain dance/ sunny day ect in the games too).

The ability to teleport and control people's minds is also a huge plus, and the amount of engergy he can unleash is off the charts.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like an awsome thread.

I don't know my nintendo history THAT well, but I'll throw down some ideas.

Fire Emblem
Although the battle itself wasn't very hard, Formortis is considered a dark GOD, would be completely invulnerable if it wern't for the sacred stones, possess the dreaded nightmare skill, and so forth.
3) Ike
I suppose being only a man, he wouldn't really be that powerful. Although, he is widely considered one of the most powerful characters in Fire Emblem history;
-He has very good stats and growths
-His sword Ragnel is very strong, does not weight him down, can attack from a distance, can kill the Black Knight and Ashnard.
-His skill Aether that can activate quite commonly can render enemy defence stat useless, and refill Ike's health.
I mean D@MN!

Samus Aran
_________
I liked the Prime series a lot. However, there was always oone thing that really got me. It was so easy, on account of Samus's rediulous longevity. I could get a maxed out Samus, put her in the middle of multiple shooting enemies, and she would be alive for MINUTES! Couple that with her wide arsonal of weapons, and very high manuverabliity...
-oops, I dropped a power bomb, ur ded-

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
@Wolfblade

Okay, when Pokémon come into play, types need to be assigned to nominations. For example, 0² can emit a gas, and has wings, so his types would be

1. Flying, and
2. Poison.

So here's the first scenario. Obviously the characters have to meet, and 0² doesn't leave outer space. So the only way for them to meet would be for Mewtwo to show up. So it's safe to assume that Mewtwo flys out into space with his blue shield bubble (so he can breathe) and sees, as far as he can tell, a black ball in space. That ball is none other than Dark Star, the PLANET of Dark Matter that surrounds 0². Dark Matter's types would consist of

1. Dark, and
2. Ghost.

Being Dark type, Mewtwo couldn't use psychic power to read its mind, so he would suspect nothing. Suddenly, thousands of blobs of Dark Matter,
(on the right, of course), come out and begin attacking Mewtwo. What would Mewtwo do?

Sariku

Smash Master
Well... if I was gonna get technical... Link never loses, BUT He always has Zelda help him on Ganondorf... he can't beat him by himself... does that mean Ganondorf's the most powerfull character... or Zelda..? Or anyone else? Hmm, tricky.

But Out of all Nintendo History, I'd Probably have to say Ganondorf. He's the same person in every game, unlike Link, and never freakin' gives up. He can only be defeated by the help of Zelda... he's one tricky *****.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
one character that can beat more of the other characters than any other character.
Being Dark type, Mewtwo couldn't use psychic power to read its mind, so he would suspect nothing. Suddenly, thousands of blobs of Dark Matter,
Ok, so that leaves Mewtwo losing out to one single obscure Nintendo character. I don't see that making him not the most powerful based on the fact he could render most characters useless with his insane psychic abilities.
Suddenly, thousands of blobs of Dark Matter, (on the right, of course), come out and begin attacking Mewtwo. What would Mewtwo do?
Honestly though, Mewtwo would be smart enough to retreat, make a plan, come back, and ****.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Mewtwo has an intense move pool to back up anything he has thrown at him. Plus he has a technique called Miracle eye that allows him to hit dark pokes (and dark anything else) with psychic moves anyway. Check mate.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Ok, so that leaves Mewtwo losing out to one single obscure Nintendo character. I don't see that making him not the most powerful based on the fact he could render most characters useless with his insane psychic abilities.

Honestly though, Mewtwo would be smart enough to retreat, make a plan, come back, and ****.
Well, there's not really any other way to figure out who the best is except to go through every combination of characters. Not that I can think of, anyway.

In the old thread, there was a rule about retreating, but I'm no gamingboy, so..

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
i liek this thread, but my Miracle Eye move on Mewtwo combined with his vast intelligence seems taht it would either lead to a win or at least a draw.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
even without that, wouldnt mewtwo's bubble shield render it impervious to weaker attacks like those of the blobs of dark matter?

plus, even if mewtwo wouldnt be able to read the dark matters mind, he wouldnt just drift in like he was on vacation, he'd be going in knowing that he must be prepared for an attack at any time.

and you said dark matter doesnt leave outer space...i think something like that should be not allowed, because then anyone could use that tactic (mewtwo decided he's never leaving his island, so everyone has to come to him)...then there would never be a fight. or a lava dragon could always stay in the lava, and anyone that comes in would die, and he'd win. see where im going with this? dark matter cant always stay in space, cause anyone that cant travel in space would never fight them, therefore we couldnt determine who's better. so can we assume anyone can travel anywhere and survive, or do we remove stuff like that?

and if we're looking simply for someone to defeat O2, then i know the perfect candidate. link with a mirror shield and light arrows! he could easily use the mirror shield to reflect light into the dark matter and ward it off, and then he'd fire a light arrow into the eye. link wouldnt even have to get close.

however, link vs mewtwo is a different story...i beileve mewtwo has that one, hands down. that is one of the very few matches i think link cant handle though, so im standing behind link as the best.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uCsvd8gvAI

I know it looks like mist, that's just one of the forms Dark Matter can take. Anyway, that glob that invaded Ripple Star was a just a piece of Dark Star. And didn't Mewtwo struggle to pick up a mountain in the second movie? (seriously I'm not sure. That could be completely false, I just thought that I vaguely remembered it from somewhere)

And, in the Psychic attack entitled "Psychic," what actually goes on? Does he throw the enemy around? Does he screw around with their insides? (answer required!!)

Any psychic attacks like psybeam (the 'physical' ones) can be dodged by the supa speed of Dark Matter.

and you said dark matter doesnt leave outer space...i think something like that should be not allowed, because then anyone could use that tactic (mewtwo decided he's never leaving his island, so everyone has to come to him)...then there would never be a fight. or a lava dragon could always stay in the lava, and anyone that comes in would die, and he'd win. see where im going with this? dark matter cant always stay in space, cause anyone that cant travel in space would never fight them, therefore we couldnt determine who's better. so can we assume anyone can travel anywhere and survive, or do we remove stuff like that?
good point. I said 0² doesn't leave outer space. Dark Matter does. Hence the pic in the earlier post.

K, how 'bout this: If A is to fight B, but A can't survive in B's normal place, B must go meet A. Vice Versa, also. If neither can live in each others normal place, we invent a place that they can both survive in.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Mewtwo can both throw things, cantrol things and freeze things with his Psychic powers. Not to mention create an explosive burst of energy to vaporize anything in his suroundign area.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Well, Dark Matter can go through solid matter, as seen in a few cinematics, and thus is impervious to physical attacks. Energy is physical, so..... Freezing things and throwing things is also physical......

Energy doesn't count as physical. If you didn't realize, the whole concept of dark matter is a mass of energy is it not?

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I didn't think so. Dark 'Matter.'

Energy isn't physical? If I hit something I use energy. If I didn't use energy, the physical change couldn't/wouldn't've happened. It's not just in our heads! Physical energy and chemical energy, I've studied those a couple years back.

Even so, he puts it in a physical form. A 'ball of energy,' which he throws. If Dark Matter is energy, he's a physical form of it. A 'ball of energy.'

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
It can attack while in ball form. It shoots lasers, throws projectiles, and strikes black lightnin'.

I guess he'd have to be in a physical form to attack, though I assumed it was a given.

Oh, I JUST got what you meant. Energy, Matter, whatever he is, he's unaffected by physical things.

So, anyway, they'd be open to attack, yeah, but they could dodge, seep through, and shoot/strike right back at Mewtwo.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Well, Dark Matter can transform.
In this form he can shoot lasers out of the tip of his sword and throw black balls at the enemy. Not to mention he can use a sword.

Since Dark Matter can phase/seep through physicall things, if one got to Mewtwo's shield, it could go through, and if it ever touched him, it'd be game over.

And Mewtwo is completely surrounded, under fire of lasers, projectiles, black balls, etc. Swordsmen striking every-whicha-way...
Sounds like more of a Stalemate then. Looks like we should re-name this thread Mewtwo vs Dark Matter.
lol, it's gonna be like that for a lot of the close ones. :)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Just throwing one of the old contenders out there: Dark Samus. Ill read up and argue later.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Link and Mewtwo.

Link always rips Ganondorf apart, even if he is a little kid.

Mewtwo.. just look at the Pokemon movie, look how hardcore he is.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Link wins not by himself, but thru the help of Zelda. Link only wins due to the "hero" rule in which heroes cannot lose.

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
So i noticed you guys are saying how good Mewtwo is but did u ever notice the two in the back of his name? So Mew came first right? Well Mewtwo came from Mew, so obviously Mew has everything Mewtwo does AND more.-> and MORE<-. Please correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't mew be stronger than Mewtwo?

Ronike

Smash Ace
... I say this and no more should be needed: Does version 1.0 of anything have more than version 2.0? It'd be one thing if Mewtwo were DESIGNED after Mew, but Mew's actual DNA is used

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
... I say this and no more should be needed: Does version 1.0 of anything have more than version 2.0? It'd be one thing if Mewtwo were DESIGNED after Mew, but Mew's actual DNA is used
Well version 2.0 usually does have more, but the thing is like you said Mew's DNA was used (thats what your saying right?) then Mew should have everything Mewtwo has and more, unless they altered the DNA to make it so it looks like mew but is completely different. But i always thought Mew was always peaceful so it never actually used all its powers, now that i think about it Mewtwo may just be Mew using all its powers. Or Mew could be a helpless piece of ****.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It was a supreme injustice for this awesome thread to be closed. Now that it is reopened, all is right with the world.

Well, the clear winner, Samus Aran, is already nominated - but there is one Nintedno character who could give the huntress a run for her money: Captain Falcon!

What? Don't believe me? Watch: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

I also think Ridley deserves to be mentioned...

Long live this thread!

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Well, since the thread was closed for so long, let's try to start 'fresh,' and let someone choose contendors to be debated. I'll edit the title of the thread, saying "Current debate: X vs. Y" depending on who the characters are.

We'll debate the first two characters recommended by someone for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom