• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Character in Nintendo History; Current Debate: Dark Samus vs. Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
SSBMasterFox, I don't think that the game says that the milk only lasts three days, either. We just say it does because there are only three days in the game. Actually, when the giants stop the moon, I think the milk's effect lasts until you beat Majora, so in essence the powers last forever. Assuming they last forever, why the heck wouldn't Link have his infinite magic powers on all the time?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
He only helps Link! And occasionally makes Link give him money...
That's pure evil if I ever saw it!!! =0

We should possibly establish which Link we're talking about here, just so we know what he has access to and what he can use. Are we sticking with Oot/MM Link?

That said, I don't see how infinite magic helps Link, it just means he can use his magic arrows all the time, yet the light arrows wouldn't be that effective against Samus, and Samus already has unlimited uses of the Ice beam and Plasma beam so it's not like he can anything Samus can't do. Din's fire abuse could work, but Samus works best at range so she'd probably always be too far to hit.

It's interesting how similar they are, they both have an large inventory and are incredibly versatile. The thing is, Samus' inventory is more high tech than Link's so it's probably better. And while Samus is entirely armoured by her suit, Link is limited to his sheild, which he can't use passively like Samus uses her armour.

I suppose the main advantage Samus has is that she does the most damage at range, while Link is far more of a close combat warrior. All Samus has to do is keep Link at a distance and get away from him when he get's close, which wouldn't be hard seeing as she seems to be far more agile than Link, not to mention she has the morph ball if she needs to move fast, while leaving bombs to keep Link at bay.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
We should possibly establish which Link we're talking about here, just so we know what he has access to and what he can use. Are we sticking with Oot/MM Link?

That said, I don't see how infinite magic helps Link, it just means he can use his magic arrows all the time, yet the light arrows wouldn't be that effective against Samus, and Samus already has unlimited uses of the Ice beam and Plasma beam so it's not like he can anything Samus can't dod work, but Samus works best at range so she'd probably always be too far to hit.
Naryu's Love. Invincibility.

My opinion is that it should only last for as long as we KNOW it can. That being 3 days. Besides, it's still just milk. It would pass through his digestive system, and any energy it gives him would be used up and then gone, leaving him with whatever energy he has left.

btw, Link can die 3 times, due to fairies. 1 bottle was used for Chateau Romani milk, so 3 left should be fairies. Then again, Samus could kill the fairies before they could do anything.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
He can't use any magic while loved though, and I don't think his normal arrows would be that effective against Samus' armour. Not to mention than Link can still flinch, so he Samus can just pepper him until it wears off.

And to be fair, Samus could probably shoot the bottle before Link drinks it (or all of it at least). If she saw him whip it out and try to drink something, I think she'd suspect something was up and try to prevent it.

Doesn't it actually say in the game that the milk only lasts for 3 days anyway? Regardless, we acn't tell if it lasts longer than 3 days anyway (no matter how long you take in the moon, it always ends up at 'dawn of a new day' once you defeat Majora, so you never go beyond the 3 day limit), so we probably should just limit it to 3 days. Though I can't imagine either contender fighting for that long anyway.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
He can't use any magic while loved though, and I don't think his normal arrows would be that effective against Samus' armour. Not to mention than Link can still flinch, so he Samus can just pepper him until it wears off.

And to be fair, Samus could probably shoot the bottle before Link drinks it (or all of it at least). If she saw him whip it out and try to drink something, I think she'd suspect something was up and try to prevent it.

Doesn't it actually say in the game that the milk only lasts for 3 days anyway?
So Link can't use any other magic while he's using Naryu's Love?

Right, Samus would suspect something was up with the milk, imo.

Does it say that in the game?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Between samus and link, gotta go with samus, sure link has the triforce, and the sword of evils bane, but samus aint evil, and one shot of the sonic boom (annahialator beam and missile combo) and links dead...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
So Link can't use any other magic while he's using Naryu's Love?

Right, Samus would suspect something was up with the milk, imo.

Does it say that in the game?
After checking up on both games, I can confirm that Link cannot use any other magic while shielded by Nayru's love, not even the charged spin attack. However, I'm mistaken about the Chateau Romani, it doesn't say it's limited to 3 days. We'll have to decide whether Link does have unlimited magic forever or if he only has it for 3 days. Though I honestly can't imagine the battle lasting that long for it to matter.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
I suppose Link could cast Nayru's love THEN drink it.

Anyway, here's this:

OOT/MM MELEE:
Biggoron Sword
Master Sword
Gilded Sword
Great Fairy Sword
Megaton Hammer
Deku Stick

ALttP/OOA/OOS MELEE:
Biggoron Sword
Golden Sword
Cane of Byrna
Cane of Somaria
Ice Rod
Fire Rod
Magical Hammer
Rod of the Seasons
Fools Ore :p

OOT/MM RANGED:
Boomerang
Longshot
Hero’s bow
Fire/Ice/Light Arrows
Seed Shooter/Tri Slingshot
Magnetic Gloves
Seed Bag

ALttP/OOA/OOS RANGED:
Magic boomerang
Long Hook
Bow
Silver Arrows

OOT/MM EQUIPTMENT:
Boots
Iron Boots
Hover Boots
Bombs
Bombchu
Powder Keg
Deku Nut
Golden Gauntlets
Lens of Truth
Ocarina
Magic attacks (Nayru's love, Dins Fire, Fayore's Wind)
Golden Scale

ALttP/OOA/OOS EQUIPTMENT:
Boots
Mermaid Suit
Pegasus Boots
Roc’s Cape
Shovel
Lantern
Bombs
Super Bombs
Bombchu
Power Glove
HArp of Ages

OOT/MM DEFENSIVE:
Mirror Shield
Kokiri Tunic
Goron Tunic
Zora Tunic

ALttP/OOA/OOS DEFENSIVE:
Mirror Shield
Red Mail
Magic cape

Not to mention all the rings/masks

TOTPD... Oh, wait. They don't do that here.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
well if youre going to bring allies into this, then...

...i really dont feel like listing all the characters that would aid link.

besides, dark samus is AGAINST samus!!!! so if anything it would be on links side.

but come on, does anyone disagree that OoS link with the magnetic gloves would mess samus up bad??? she wouldnt be able to run away and attack from a distance, he would just use the magnets to suck her back. and we all know what happens when you hold a magnet up to your screen...samus wouldnt even be able to see anything.

EDIT: hey, you forgot like half of OoS/OoA stuff...seed shooter, slingshot, switch hook (lol samus fires a charge beam, whoops link uses switch hook on samus...sucks to be her!), roc cape...not to mention the harp of ages. if link somehow lost to samus, he could just whip it out, go back in time, and try again!!

wait, so could MM link!!!!!!

victory no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Well, let's use just OoT/MM Link for now, k?

Scenario: (the scenario is supposed to give equal opportunity to each character)

Okay, Samus is flying around in her space ship, when a comet, (why not?) hits her, and she crash lands on a primitive planet. Link hears the crash and comes racing towards the ship on Epona.

Samus steps out of the wrecked space ship and looks at Link.

Link gets off Epona and sends her away. He pulls out his sword and shield.

Stage: Hyrule Field (from OoT, lots of room)

Samus vs. Link

All items from the Metroid Series, without stacking health

All items from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, without stacking health (even though 'health' is not in hearts or energy tanks)

If they have the same item twice (i.e. a hookshot from each game) they do NOT have both of them.

Assume they know the goal is to defeat the enemy.

GO!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
If there's lots of room, then I'd say Samus would win. Samus excells at range at can out damage Link, while Link needs to get in close to do the most damage. Even when Link gets close, he isn't anywhere near as agile as Samus is, and if he ever gets too close, she can just morph ball around him while dropping bombs (or even power bombs).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Link would win in any room. He would cast Farores wind in a spot run somewhere else and Samus would run to the opposite side due to long range. Link would throw boomerang Samus would missle or whatever. She tries to avoid boomerand, Link uses the warp, get's behind her and then you hear..."SKRRRRAAHHHH!"

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Sure, I'm biased towards Samus, a lot.

But really, Wooden Boomerang and arrows vs. a Power Beam and missles created by a species of enlightened beings that no human being could ever hope to have the knowledge of?

I dunno. Futuristic technology would win against more Primitive means. It's sort of like pitting a modern day soldier against a caveman. An AWESOME magical caveman, with a cool hat, but still a caveman.

I also highly doubt that Samus' power suit, which can withstand attacks from her own time period, would end up being even scratched by tempered steel...

But hey, we're all biased here. So no sese in using logic anyways :laugh:

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Imagine Giant adult Link with the giant fierce deity's sword. All I can say is: Ouch.

But I dunno if the adult link wears masks. The spot is unusable in the future. but my guess is that since you change masks frequently, the masks can't stay constant enough to decide what you get in the future.

Then again, the transformation masks change size according to the person that wears them

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Giant Fierce Diety Link doesn't exist, because Link never wears, and wouldn't wear, 2 masks at once. He can't activate both at once, anyway.

I can imagine Link charging Samus, and Samus just knocking him away. Then she'd turn to assess the ship damage, and a boomerang hits her in the helmet. She turns around to see Link with a mask in one hand and the boomerang flying into the other. He swiftly places the mask on, and transforms into Goron Link. Samus fires multiple rounds of fire shots at him, but since fire has no effect on a Goron, as they can walk through lava, Goron Link rolls through the shots, unseen by Samus as Link is covered in the fire shots, and rams Samus with spikes out, sending Samus flying back 6-8 feet. He runs toward Samus, but just sees a little ball, and a couple other smaller ones. (Samus and her bombs) They explode, knocking Link back a farther distance than what Samus went through, and Link catches himself. Seeing Samus in Ball form, and now understanding that it's her, Link rips off his Goron Mask and whips out his hookshot. He grabs Samus in midair, and pulls her toward himself, readying his Megaton Hammer. WHAM!! Straight down into the ground, Samus goes, about half a foot. No apparent damage is done to Samus's ball form. Samus gets up, in regular form, and aims her arm cannon straight at Link. Link pulls out his Hylian Shield, and it takes the shot, but no more shield... While managing to take the shot, it also broke into a kajillion pieces. Link flew back 10 feet. Samus approaches Link slowly, readying another missle. Link is on the ground, in pain. She aims at Link, and Link touches both hands to the ground. Samus fires, but a powerful wave of Din's Fire pushes the missle back, and forces samus back quite a distance, too. She uses her Grappling Beam to grab Link, she pulls him toward her, she holds him up in the air, and she looks him in the face. The Blast Mask is on Link's face. Link laughs, as he explodes, sending them both flying in opposite directions. Samus gets up, runs over to Link (with that awesome glowing super-fast run attack that she does in Super Metroid). After the blast, though, Link was charging his sword. When Samus hit him, he unleashed it, sending her flying 90 degrees off, sraight into a mountain. With no time to slow down, she crashes into it. Samus goes into ball form so that she can fit out of the crater she left in the mountain, comes out of ball mode, grapples Link again, throws him up in the air, and screw attacks him over and over. When she can sense that Link is finally dead, she stops, and walks toward the ship. A fairy quietly flys out of a bottle that Link had, bringing him back to life. He stands up, and puts on the Giant Mask. He screams as he transforms, and Samus hears him. She turns around to see Link growing at an alarming rate. She does the cool running attack again, to get to Link fast. Link swings his sword at her, but she dodges. She grapples his sword, pulling herself up onto his head. She goes into ball mode, rolls between the mask and his face, and drops a super bomb. She then jumps down, still dodging Link's sword. The bomb goes off, separating Link from his mask. The mask is destroyed. Samus charges up a big shot from her cannon and holds it. (like in melee) Link casts Naryu's Love. They face each other.

lol, not really part of a debate, as I alone made it up, but doesn't that sound cool???

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
'samus then SWDes across FD and hits link with a dsmash, sweeping under his shield and knocking him up, then jumps and fires the full charge blast, sending link flying into the background.'

are we supposed to be describing a battle, like you are doing, or arguing who is potentially stronger? in a real life scenario, of course samus would win, with the superior technological version of everything link has (bombs, arrows, grapples, wavedashes...lol). but in a scenario where they have equal strenghts, such as how they appear in melee, then we could put them in a battle how you have done. i support link, cause he's cooler and has cooler equipment, but i think theres little doubt in reality samus wouldnt even break a sweat swatting link down, no matter how much courage he has.

and lol @ samus somehow squeezing between links face and his mask.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
well idk about you guys, or much about this O² but if 0² is REALLY made "dark matter", then he is obviously the strongest. In the study of quantum physics, we learn that dark matter is anti matter, which is characterized as a particle that has an opposite spin of regular atoms, causing them to cancel out. Where does the matter vanish into? well that's simple. the mass of the two atoms become energy, which means that any projectile or attemps to touch or harm O² are just simply futile. He simply needs to fly on top of you and you will be converted into energy.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Link doesn't let his libido take control of him that easily (though I'm reminded of the Haloid flash now ><)

Farores wind needs to be set up before it can be used, and it OoT it was actually limited to specific areas. I don't think Link would be able to use it to teleport next to Samus.

As for the Masks, both Deku and Zora are out of the question (plasma beam and ice beam would be too effective). Goron has more power and the roll can give him some good speed, but isn't as maneuverable and get get iced before he hits Samus. And he's too slow in close combat to hit Samus. The Fierce Deity is limited, and while the magic discs would surely be effective against Samus, I think Samus still has more power, not to mention that FD Link loses the Shield. The Giants mask only makes him a bigger target.

Really, the only things that Link has that could penetrate Samus' armour are anything Magic (arrows, Dins fire and Spin attack) and most likely the bombs. Everything else would would just not work or inflict incredibly minor damage. The arrows are out of the question seeing as Samus is far more dangerous and proficient at range, so Link has to get in close. However, Samus wouldn't allow Link to get close to her easily, and it's not like Link is that agile thanks to all the inventory he caries, so all Samus does is keep Link at bay, picking away at him with the power beam until he has no strength left.

Unfortunately for Link, as others have pointed out, the technological difference of the two puts him at a huge disadvantage. Samus' weaponry is just too advanced and her armour makes it far too difficult to hurt her, and while Link has magic to fall back on, I don't think it evens him out against all of Samus' advantages.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It'd reflect them, but the way it works it wouldn't go back to Samus unless she hit is head on. More often than not it'd just ricochet elsewhere.

The Shield doesn't cover his whole body though, and I doubt Samus would aim deliberately at his shield. Link has to drop his guard sooner or later, which is just the opening Samus needs.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Even if he could sneak up behind her, Link still doesn't have anything that could penetrate Samus.......'s armor
I beg to differ...wait, I hear something, DIN'S FIRE! And he would have Nayru's Love equiped, Samus would shoot a charged beam, does nothing then Link stabs through the vunerable green part of the mask and kills her.
Or he could just put Fierce Deity's mask on and it is all over for Samus.

Oh and to above, true he has to drop guard but so would Samus. And Link has full rupees with Magic Armor on and if not, he has Nayrus love eqipped again, Samus Charges a full beam while Link ran right in front of her, she shoots, thinks Link is dead then she dies off of the Megaton Hammer to the head.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Nayru's love only stops him losing health, he still flinches when he's hit so Samus can still keep him at bay by shooting at him. And Samus wouldn't let Link get close, and Din's fire is still ranged somewhat.

And Samus doesn't drop her guard, her entire body is armoured, Link only has the Shield which he can only use to protect part of his body (he doesn't have magic armour, we're just using OoT/MM Link here). And I don't see how Link can trick Samus into thinking he's dead, the scanners in her suit would show any lifesigns I would've thought.

I had forgotten about the Hammer, that would be effective against Samus. Still, he needs to get close to Samus which I doubt she'd let happen willingly, and it's not a fast close combat weapon, so there's still a window for Samus to dodge.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes he does flinch, fall or whatever with Nayrus love but there would be smoke then he drops the hammer(on her).
Dins fire was due to a conversation when he use Farores wind to go behind her and use it so that hits.
She would let him run up and get close because she was charging her beam therefore no rapid shots. If there was rapid shots though, it wouldn't make him flinch to not reach her.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Farores wind wouldn't work, Link doesn't have that kind of freedom with with it. It has to be set up in a place beforehand, and when he uses it again he can teleport there. It's too situational for it to be any use.

Samus can move while charging the beam, so she can still avoid him. Not to mention it doesn't take that long to charge it up. And Link would still flinch from even the rapid shot, even if it isn't as powerful as the charge shot it'd still hurt, and Link flinches from any damage minor or not.

And I don't understand the comment about the hammer, and I don't remember it making smoke upon impact.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I am sure a charged beam fully agains a sheild and human and stuff would make smoke.(not to mention bombs)

Farores wind would be casted earlier at the opposite side of room since Samus is using long range, Link runs around while Samus is charging beam(Yes I know it don't take long), they both get to opposite sides, Samus uses beam and Link uses the Farores wind to go behind her and Din's fire or Megaton hammer. Though slow, Samus wouldn't know.

Or Link would Freeze her with the Ice Arrows then go for the finishing blow.

If Normal Link couldn't, he equips the Fierce Deity's mask and Samus is over.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
One hammer would penetrate the armor though so that would be good.

But I am sure a Goron would penetrate Samus when rolling with spikes or gets a punch or butt check in. Or equip the bunny hood to run circles around her or the stone mask so she couldn't see him then bam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom