• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Character in Nintendo History; Current Debate: Dark Samus vs. Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
A bounty hunter with an arsennel of explosives/energy-based weapons/energy-based explosives against a guy with a sword, sheild, hammers, bottles, and boomarangs?

I think Samus would beat Link.

If he was careful, he could hookshot to her, then hammer her. Of course, once she got away, she'd look out for the hookshot again, so that wouldn't work twice.
No, he wouldn't get to do that, because Samus would blow him to pumpkin seeds with a missle while he was aiming.

She would let him run up and get close because she was charging her beam therefore no rapid shots. If there was rapid shots though, it wouldn't make him flinch to not reach her.
Keep in mind, though, that this is NOT Smash we are talking about. I believe that Samas was able to charge AND walk at the same time. And yes, Samus does have rapid fire.

In Hunters, Samus got a weapon that unleashed a bolt of energy that drained energy. If she used this while Link was, I dunno, aiming an arrow, he'd be cooked like a Cuckoo in no time.

There is no way that, in real life, Link would ever beat Samus. It'd be like watching a knight without Jedi powers kill Boba Fett. It could simply never happen.

EDIT: I've also noticed that alot of arguements include 'Link sould put a bomb in her *insertarmourarea.* Well, he'd never be able to do that. Why? HE'D GET SHOT. Samus would shoot him if he walked up with a bomb and tried to put it in her cannon. And about the bomb-in-jetpack-thing... You try putting a bomb in a plane engine.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I am sure a charged beam fully agains a sheild and human and stuff would make smoke.(not to mention bombs)
While it would, Samus has different visors that could see through smoke, so I don't see how that hinders her.

Farores wind would be casted earlier at the opposite side of room since Samus is using long range, Link runs around while Samus is charging beam(Yes I know it don't take long), they both get to opposite sides, Samus uses beam and Link uses the Farores wind to go behind her and Din's fire or Megaton hammer. Though slow, Samus wouldn't know.
For one, the battles in Hyrule field, so it isn't a closed off room. And Farores wind leaves a green orb where it was cast, so I think Samus would take note to avoid it.

Or Link would Freeze her with the Ice Arrows then go for the finishing blow.
Samus could freeze Link with the Ice beam. From playing the games, I found Samus has an easier time avoiding things than Link does, thanks to her agility. And Samus has to morph ball to break out of the ice.

If Normal Link couldn't, he equips the Fierce Deity's mask and Samus is over.
The fierce deity, while powerful, isn't an instant win button. He's still slow and while he has a magic projectile, it's still avoidable. Samus could still out gun him.

Ekul said:
If he was careful, he could hookshot to her, then hammer her. Of course, once she got away, she'd look out for the hookshot again, so that wouldn't work twice.
I had thought about that, but it taes time for him to reel in, which gives Samus time to charge up a shot before he gets there, and Link can't defend himself.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay one- I didn't say there is no Rapid fire shots. She was charging a beam giving no RF shots.

Two- she can move while charging but didn't because Link was going in a direct path so she didn't move.

Three-I am sure if this was real life, Link would be awesome at aiming arrows and wouldn't stand in one spot either. Also, if it was real life, it wouldn't be based just on MM/OoT.

Four-you forgot about the friggin masks. Link would don the Fierce Deity's mask and it would be done for Samus. Though it is not instant, it would be probably an upper hand to Link. FD mask is not that slow, it is as fast as Adult Link.

Five-he has other masks.

Six-The Mirror shield would deflect beams of any sort leaving Samus without them.

Seven-don't say he wouldn't get to do that. If that is the case, Samus can't shoot anything because Link stuffed a bottle or two in her gun. Don't do that stuff.

You may just be better at Metroid games to avoid stuff than Zelda games.
She couldn't use Morph ball due to she was froze. If that was the case, Link uses Fire Arrows or Dins Fire. If it was real life, Link can use his sheild while using hookshot. Actually, if this was real life, this wouldn't happen.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The reason why Link can't defend himself is that he's exposed while on the hookshot, so while he's reeling in towards her she can charge and fire a shot before he gets there. The same would be true of Samus if she tried to grapple hook Link, though why'd she do that I've no idea.

And Samus can double jump in her games and can side jump in a flash. Link shows nowhere near as much maneuverability in his games. Samus also moves a lot faster than Link does on foot, and also has the morph ball.

And FD is as slow as Adult Link, Link in general is not a fast person on average. FD doesn't mean the end of Samus, you're giving him a little bit too much credit. The only other mask that would be useful against Samus is the Goron mask (plasma and ice beams make the Deku and Zora mask poor choices), and all of his abilities are easily avoidable.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well if in fact this was real, each person would be givin one jump. I am giving FD too much credit so my bad but it can beat Samus. I know Link isn't that fast because of all that equipment but I did say earlier the bunny hood or other masks. He has a lot of masks with all different abilitys including Stone Mask where Samus couldn't see Link. I am done for now but will be back so be aware!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Samus can double jump in her own game (well, at least she can in prime), not just in smash, which is why I brought it up. She gets special boots that allow her to jump in midair.

The bunny hood would give him a little speed, but Samus still has the morph ball for quick getaways (as well as bomb and run). The stone mask could work, though Samus does have thermal and X-ray vision which might pick something up.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
if you take game mechanics into consideration, link simply needs to roll under samus, and her poor veiw will render her unable to attack Link. Should she look down, link would slash her by then causing her veiw to go back up.... owned.... and if kazooie, masterlinkx, or petrie was controlling the link then samus would have no chance whatsoever!

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
suppose link does the glitch from OOT where he turns everything into bottles, then fills them with fairies..... if samus and link were to take body shots.... the victor is obvious

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
link will play elgy of emptiness from all masks and make a wall from which he can hide behind samus's attacks. its impossible to destroy these unless link plays the song again or travels back in time, so link will have his lil fortress from which he can throw a barrage of bombs, deku nuts, and arrows from

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
about the ice vs ice things... excuse me, but link's sidesteps are much more faster and travel larger distances then link, so link would have an easier time to dodge things.

AND the arguemant about farores wind ..... srry for samus fans but masterlinkx and kazooie found a farores wind glitch which you can put it anywhere.... link is also able to fly through bombchu hovering, another glitch from hardcore MM and OOT players

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
First of all, use the edit button for the love of God!

Secondly, I don't see why you are bringing players into this, we are judging the characters, not the people who play them. And glitches don't count for obvious reasons.

As for Epona, not allowed, this is a one on one battle. Otherwise, Samus just calls her spaceship to own Link.

You sleep scenario is silly, it's not like Samus is going to do nothing until she falls asleep. The battle wouldn't last that long anyway, as one of them would be felled by that time.

And Samus is more agile than Link, from my personal experience and from what I've seen of the games, I can say this with a fair amount of certainty.

The arrows or Deku nuts wouldn't penetrate her armour, and the bombs are hard to be accurate with. Not to mention that the elegy wall is solid, there would be many holes for Samus to aim through, while Link has boxed himself in.

As for Link rolling under Samus, she wouldn't let him get that close anyway.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Taking reality into consideration, remember how Link has the Golden Gauntlets? If he got away from her (Big if, I suppose... Deku Nuts might blind her eyes for a second.) he could throw trees or even the tower in Lon Lon ranch.

Samus has the speed booster though. If she charges it up, she could beat link any day in a race unless he Goron rolled(Probably not enough time), bunny hooded(She'd catch up).

If game mechanics count then INFINITE SWORD GLITCH FTW!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
w...t...f. a quintiple post(EDIT: wait, i didnt notice there was a 6th on the next page. even better!). i have never seen that before. l o l.

samus could just use the seeker missile launcher. what can link do against 5 missiles coming from different directions at once? he's only got one shield. also, i still havent found a way link could survive a power bomb. that thing makes other samuses disentigrate (mp2 multiplayer). a human with a little armor wouldnt stand a chance. as much as id like link to win, he wont. he just doesnt have the equipment to compete.

unless he's the OoS link. i keep telling you guys, those magnetic gloves = win!!!

Twisted

Smash Cadet
To all the Link fans (myself included) I'm sorry but Samus would destroy every Link. Except if ooa/oos for the sole reason of the magnet gloves. Missles>bombs, plasma beam>fire arrows, ice beam>ice arrows,grapple beam>hookshot, Varia suit>Link's shields, Speed booster power bomb and screw attack>all masks. But, Magnetic gloves>>>Samus!

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
well what about the fierce diety's mask -_- true samus may be able to beat link with her suit, but there is no possible way she could defeat a diety (god) -_-

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
FD isn't as powerful as many people try to make out. The only real advantage is that he has a spammable magic projectile, but Samus still has much more powerful fire arms at her disposal. The discs, while they fly quite fast, are also still avoidable, not to mention FD loses the shield so is unable to block anything.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
link WOULD be able to dodge EVERYTHING if he used the inverted song of time which makes samus move TWICE as slow as she normally would.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
well naryu's love doesnt last forever... BUT IT IS VIRTUALLY FOREVER LASTING IF LINK HAS CHATEAU MILK.... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LINK WINS

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
guys, sorry if u think im spamming or something, but my edit button just doesnt work....this site is as slow as loading a customized quiz at quizilla for me

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
just in case you might argue samus would somehow survive until the 3 days is over for the chateau milk to wear off, remember link as 6 bottles, so its actually 18 days. by then, samus would need to sleep sometime while link wears the all night's mask and kills her in her sleep...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Time control isn't allowed I believe, though SSBMasterFox will have to clarify that.

And if FD really is a God, then he's got to be one of the most pathetic Gods ever. Woo, he has magic discs, still doesn't change the fact that Link can still be killed while wearing the mask. FD is powerful, but I've no idea why people seem to think Link suddenly has super saiyan powers.

And we've been over Nayru's love, there's still a window where he's vulnerable when he has to cast it, Samus just hits him before he can finish. And Samus can still hold him off, he still flinches when hit, so it doesn't really help Link whatsoever (especially seeing as he can't use magic while the shield is up, which is really the only way he can harm Samus).

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
you can cast naryu's love while its still on, and link is INVINCIBLE while he is casting the spell. samus cannot hold him off, because she will tire since there will be up to 18 days of battle vs an invincible (naryu's love + 6 bottles of chateau milk, each lasting 3 days for infinte enrgy) powerhouse she will have to sleep while lnk puts on the all night's mask.. and if link rolls, he's invinble//doesnt flinch to attacks, so he'd be able to run up to samus with ease, then slice her with a sword slash that would kill her, because the golden gauntlets would just make link a monster.

remember those black granite towers link carries? since granite is more dense then limestone, and limestone blocks for the egyptian pyramid are 20k tons each, and the granite towers are much larger then the limestone blocks, that would mean at least 40k tons of force behind a sword, enough to slice samus in half, no matter what she's wearing. and i recall only reading about time TRAVEL, not making it slower to everyone else but link. that would mean link's sword slash is accelerated to 80k tons of force behind a sword, enough force and speed to literally cut through atomic nuelei, causing nuclear explosions as he slashes. samus would of course die while link is invincible thx to naryu's love

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Realistically, he wouldn't be invincible while casting, and he can't cast magic while shielded so he has to wait until it finishes. And he does flinch while rolling, and Samus can still void him anyway with the Morph ball, which moves faster than anything Link has. He still wouldn't be able to get close.

And if you played the game, you'd realize that all the Golden gauntlets do is allow Link to lift those granite boulders, not give him more sword strength. His attack power doesn't double while wearing them, otherwise he could probably cut through those pillars, saving him the hassle of lifting it.

And time control still sounds pretty cheap, though it wouldn't effect Samus anyway. It only effects npc's, but enemies attack as fast as they normally do. Samus falls under the enemy category in this case, so the inverted song of time wouldn't slow her down.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
your first reference was to how things are "realistically", then your second is "in the game"... you are totally contradicting yourself. in the game, link would roll invincibly, would be invincible while he casts the spell which lasts for 18 days which allows possibilty to my all nights theory to work, but wouldnt enable him to slow down time twice as much since samus is an ememy so the game allows her to move at normal speeds, and link's sword wounld'nt be as godly as i said it was... but due to link's invincibility, link would **** samus in the "gameplay" scenario

lets look at the realistic scenario... sure there might be timeframes to when link will get hit by naryu's love, but he has infinite mana and chateau milk restores his life to full health, which gives renders samus's damage useless. and since this is the realistic scenario, inverted song of time would make her go twice as slow, and the torque from his sword would be able to tear samus to shreads, since this is a realistic scenario we are thinking of so the laws of PHYSICS can be applied to key strength references such as the large granite block, making link invincible.... also, since plasma is heated particles and a beam is basically a laser, the mirror shield should be able to reflect it, not to mention samus's standard energy attacks, her ice (Link can reflect fire and ice from the OOT twinrova right), and her bombs from her morph ball, which is also seems to be made of some sort of plasma.

also, the laws of physics says that samus doesnt have enough mass to create the energy her suit does in the game. hiding behind the excuse "advanced technology" doesn't shield samus from the laws that ultimately govern the universe. naryu's love in fact seems to be a high frequency (blue) cold plasma (solid plasma), a new form of plasma scientists recently discovered in 2007. since it is plasma, but solid, it is strong enough to those barriers in starwars a reality, but scientists are still thinking of a way bring the cold plasma up to that strength. In time, we might have a way to shield against nuclear attacks after all^^

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well one, it is not cheap. You are going by gameplay aspects and that is in the game so it is allowed. And if that was the case, Link could go back in time, know where Samus is before anything started(before Samus and Link were fighting because I am sure she would here Skraahhh, Skraahhh, Skraahhh!),have the Megaton Hammer and hit her over the head while she is not looking and Link wins.

Oh and Chateau Romani(four bottles)+Nayrus Love=not dying. He was going by theory of real life for the attack power and technically, if this battle was real, Link would be that strong.

True she would have Morph ball that is uber fast but needs to slow down while turning. Link would have Bunny Hood(no Goron because Samus can release a bomb)and snipe with an ice arrow, thus freezing her then he gets up close and uses Dins Fire for the kill. Or just stomps on her with the Goron, or uses the Megaton Hammer.

Oh and about Fierce Deity, if this was real life, he could block with that humongous sword of his and can deflect beams of some sort by slashing them. She does have missles so he slashes and blows it up. And Deity means God and in the game, he is.

Lastly...that is the first ever (*under breath*1-2-3-4-5*finished under breath*) quintuple post I have ever seen. Props to you but you may get in trouble.
(the next debate is probably gonna be slow due to these two characters being awesome)
Oh and the TwinRova thing would be he takes in Fire or Ice and can use it at will so Samus there is done.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
yes, thanks for agreeing with someone who actually proves his ideas with physics ;) gameplay or realistically, number of awards, being popular, or as being more decorated nintendo character game franchise, Link would win. remember samus is still human so she will have to sleep. link's all nights mask, his naryu's love, SIX from mm (not four) (wait, can u add all link's bottles? dang thats about.... 4 or infinite from glitching from OOT, six from MM, 4from a link to the past, and more..... thats like anywhere from 14 to infinite bottles of chateau milk) and the incredible torque from his golden gauntlets=samus dead no matter what. sure she has like 10 energy tanks but who wants more health bars when you could be invinble for 50 or more days? 100 if u invert time BY then, samus will have fallen asleep, allowing link to kill her in her sleep cuz of the all nights mask, if she's not already dead by then

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well as much as I agree with you, it would be only 10 bottles(only MM and OoT)and each one lasts for three days and 10 X 14=1400 so no worries still. You pretty much can't counter this because Link would win but if you can...please do because I like doing this...my post count is 1,666. 0_o

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
lets take link's speed and samus' morph ball speed into consideration. Link's bunny hood easily covers ground faster then samus' morph ball. don't go talking about this advanced technology crap cuz in the game, her relative speed is slower then 15 miles an hour (in metroid prime, samus is about 6 foot with her suit or less. her ship is about 2-3 samus' long, making it roughly 18 or less feet. it takes boost ball about 1 second to boost from the ship's head to tail, giving it a speed of 18 feet per second, 18 feet per second is 18 convert into miles per hour is 12.277 miles per hour... it only SEEMS fast, but u have to take into account she gets smaller.) link with the bunny hood, goron mask rolling, FD regular running are all much faster then the morph ball, im sorry to say

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
creo, don't forget link's strength from his golden guantlets and sword, taking the granite boulder into account^^ Link is just unbeatable... he's too hot, too motivated, too well worshipped, and has just way to many items

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
woah woah woah... i been reading about the mew vs mewtwo (i only started from samus vs link)... mewtwo maybe made to be better then mew, but who knows if the scientists actually succeeded? maybe mewtwo has some defect that makes mew stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom