• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Powerful Character in Nintendo History; Current Debate: Dark Samus vs. Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I suggest that we make a list of contenders, then have then "compete" in an elimination style tournament. Each few days, we could have two contestants compete in a hypothetical fight to the death (Black Knight vs. Samus, Mewtwo vs Captain Falcon, Ganondorf vs. Ridley, etc.) with only only one character advancing until we have our overall champion.

How do we decide a winner? Democratic vote, of course. After each round someone could simply tally up the scores and the next matchup will begin. We could even have a loser's bracket for eliminated characters...

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
I nominate the Triforce of Courage, or the Fierce Deity. The Triforce of Courage is the embodiment of Link himself(And solves the problem of multiple links) and the Fierce Deity has no problem killing anything ever. His sword is physical and his beams are spiritual.

Mewtwo is INCREDIBLY powerful, and his moveset is not necessarily all psychic. Mewtwo is stronger than Mew statwise and doesn't have the chance of turning into a ditto.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
A tournament wouldn't exactly be fair, though. Each character can only beat certain other characters, so the final results would depend directly on the order in which we set the brackets.
well you said in the beginning that the best was determined by the one that would beat MORE of the others than anyone else...so...lets use pools for a tourney! everyone fights everyone else, and we can make a chart to keep track of the winners...we'd have to start by picking the 10 most likely contenders first though, so it wouldnt get too out of hand. but then we could definitely argue each fight through. thats only...uhh...90 fights, i think? not too ridiculous, especially if you consider one a day or something.

but anyway, on mewtwo vs mew...

hmm, i think it would actually be pretty even. you all saw the movie, they were at a standstill most of the time...unless mew was simply trying to defend itself, because you know mewtwo was going all out to try to take out mew, and if mew was just using enough power to keep mewtwo off, then mew could definitely win. if not, then it would be a tie. i actually think mewtwo would run out of stamina first though, so either way mew wins.

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
Well i don't remember Mewtwo being designed to be better than Mew but im probably wrong, well if you can prove that than this debates over. But i always thought Mew was hella strong but it was so peaceful it never decided to use its full power, but if in the movie it said that they designed mewtwo to be stronger than Mew than Mewtwo wins

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I know very little about Pokemon, so I don't really have much to contribute in this particular matchup. Mewtwo seems like the obvious winner, since he is basically an advanced form of Mew.

For the next matchup (whenever that is) I suggest Ganondorf vs. Ridley.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
well you said in the beginning that the best was determined by the one that would beat MORE of the others than anyone else...so...lets use pools for a tourney! everyone fights everyone else, and we can make a chart to keep track of the winners...we'd have to start by picking the 10 most likely contenders first though, so it wouldnt get too out of hand. but then we could definitely argue each fight through. thats only...uhh...90 fights, i think? not too ridiculous, especially if you consider one a day or something.
Okay, I thought y'all meant to put them all in brackets and just let them fight tourney style, as in you lose once, you're out. But yeah, we should go over each combination.

1 a day isn't good for me, (I alternate between houses every day, and a computer isn't readily available at one house) so let's just let it take as long as it takes. Also, we definitely need to make sure we go over each combination.

In the movie, one of the scientists said, "We've dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokémon, and we succeeded," right before Mewtwo killed him. At least something across those lines. So the people, at least, thought Mewtwo was more powerful.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is a clone, meaning he's basically the exact same as Mew. It's a tie. For the sake of a tournament, I would just lump them together as "Mew/Mewtwo".

As for Ganondorf vs. Ridley, Ganondorf wins. He has the Triforce of Power, after all. Plus, let us look at this chronology of Ganondorf's badassery, working in reverse order.

-Ripped the sages' sword out of his own stomach and killed one.
-Managed to be stabbed in the head and only be turned into stone (as opposed to being turned into a bloody mess).
-Overpowered the laws of nature by being the only male born into an all-female society.

Sariku

Smash Master
Mewtwo is a clone, meaning he's basically the exact same as Mew. It's a tie. For the sake of a tournament, I would just lump them together as "Mew/Mewtwo".

As for Ganondorf vs. Ridley, Ganondorf wins. He has the Triforce of Power, after all. Plus, let us look at this chronology of Ganondorf's badassery, working in reverse order.

-Ripped the sages' sword out of his own stomach and killed one.
-Managed to be stabbed in the head and only be turned into stone (as opposed to being turned into a bloody mess).
-Overpowered the laws of nature by being the only male born into an all-female society.
I lol'd at that.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Eliminate Mewtwo for a second. Mew was an INCREDIBLY powerful being. Now, take the DNA of Mew and genetically modify it to be more powerful. There, Mewtwo.
I agree, because Mewtwo was genetically made to be more powerful then Mew (Isn't that the true cannon storyline anyways?) and if so, then Mewwto>>>Mew. I don't think it can really be debated, because that very statement alone says it all.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
But torwards the end of the movie, they were in a stalemate. Until Ash ran into the crossfire and turned to stone (what is up with Nintendo and turning people to stone when they should be dead). And then everyone learned a lesson about how clones and originals can live together as equals.

I rest my case, Mewtwo and Mew are tied.

But it looks like I'm the minority, so you can go ahead and wrap up this debate and declare Mewtwo the winner if you want.

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
But torwards the end of the movie, they were in a stalemate. Until Ash ran into the crossfire and turned to stone (what is up with Nintendo and turning people to stone when they should be dead). And then everyone learned a lesson about how clones and originals can live together as equals.

I rest my case, Mewtwo and Mew are tied.

But it looks like I'm the minority, so you can go ahead and wrap up this debate and declare Mewtwo the winner if you want.
You've got a point, and i think Mewtwo was created from Mew's DNA and was supposed to be stronger, but ended up being equal to Mew.

petre

Smash Lord
even though mewtwo was DESIGNED to be better than mew, but as to wether or not it came out how they intended...nobody knows the extent of mew's power in the first place; therefore, it isnt possible for them to know if theyve created something more powerful than the original or not.

id have to go with a tie. there isnt really any actaul evidence that one would beat the other...just opinions. my opinion is mew is better, but ill settle for a tie.

DarkWolf123

Smash Apprentice
hey if someone wants to, play a pokemon game, with a gameshark or something and have mew and mewtwo face off in a battle, and they only use 1 attack and whoever wins is the winner lol. Or we can call it a tie.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
Hey, it's not up to popularity, it's up to whichever one makes the most sense. Right now Mewtwo beating Mew makes more sense. I'm going to go give Mewtwo a point on the first post, and petre, you come up with another match. (if you don't mind doing so) :)

Does anyone mind if I take Mew off of the list? Anyone he can beat, Mewtwo can beat...... better.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
but lets not take off every character that loses a debate. i dont want jigglypuff to be the only contender.
That's not what I meant. I just mean, since Mew is COMPLETELY obsolete next to Mewtwo, is there any point in letting him/her into the debate? Mewtwo will always have at least 1 win over him/her, so what's the point? She can't possibly win the whole thing.

petre

Smash Lord
well what about second prize?? theres a trip to the caribbean at stake here!!!!

anyway, next matchup...

SAMUS vs. LINK

GO!

my personal opinion is link, mostly because she couldnt touch him. his mirror shield could deflect her beam weapons, and the threat of missiles are easily removed with a gale boomerang. also, dual clawshot >>> grapple beam. the only way samus would have a chance is the morph ball. im thinking of a way for link to survive the power bomb currently, and i dont think the spinner OR epona could outrun the boost ball. but ill come back to those later.

link's bomb arrows > samus's bombs as well.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Missles are pretty fast. And her armor way outclasses anything he has.

By the way, there's one more mixed link: OOA/OOS/ALttP. I was making a list of all of the items OOT/MM and OOA/OOS/ALttP had separately. The list is incomplete, but don't worry, I'll post my findings

But like I said before. FIERCE DEITY could beat any link and all links are linked through the Triforce of courage, so why not simply say that the triforce of courage is the most powerful character?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Because the triforce of courage isn't a sentient being, all the Links just wield it. Secondly, how do you figure that OOA/OOS Link is the same as ALttP Link? Those Links are pretty worthless anyway, what're they going to do, throw off their opponent by changing the seasons?

Anyway, as far as Link vs. Samus goes...Well, he might be able to block most of her shots, but I don't think he has the mobility to get up close to her, and even if he did, the Master Sword wouldn't do much (it is the sword of EVIL's bane, and Samus isn't evil so...).

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
OoT/MM link has everything he needs to win. MM link has Chateau Romani Milk, which gives him infinite magic for three days. That's pretty much as many Light/Ice/Fire arrows as Link wants (until he runs out of arrows, that is). Fierce Diety would have unlimited helix blasts for three days, too. Don't forget about the Giant's Mask, either. That thing is awesome.

petre

Smash Lord
well thats cause melee wasnt real. you all know everything in the world freezes when link pulls out a bottle of the good stuff.

and yeah, scratch the idea with the gale boomerang, i forgot you cant use different link's stuff together.

OoA/OoS link would actually have a chance too, you know. i mean, he could just use the magnetic gloves to mess up samus's computer systems. then she'd be screwed.

The grass that Link cuts isn't evil. Neither are the cuccos. Or the old man in the original Zelda.
what are you talking about, that old man is the leader of an underground cult that worships ganondorf. in fact they are the ones that keep bringing him back, not that triforce of power or whatever other crazy theory you believe...

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
you all know everything in the world freezes when link pulls out a bottle of the good stuff.

what are you talking about, that old man is the leader of an underground cult that worships ganondorf. in fact they are the ones that keep bringing him back, not that triforce of power or whatever other crazy theory you believe...
'Everything freezes' because it's a game. According to story, (which is what matters), there's no way time would freeze just to give Link time to drink a bottle of milk. The way it happens in Melee, real time, is how it would/will happen in any real scenario.

That old guy is a bad guy?! I had no idea..... My bad.
Wait a minute... No he's not!!
The Old Man is a character found in the original The Legend of Zelda for the NES, and also in BS Zelda for the Satellaview. The Old Man was a bald character who wore a red gown and had a white beard in the game. The player could usually find the old man in dungeons or inside caves, usually between two torches (if the player attacked the old man in a dungeon location, the two torches would defend him by shooting fireballs). The Old Man was used for several things in the game, ranging from giving the player items to help him in his quest to giving the player advice on how to move forward in the game. He also gambled with Link for rupees, and at times would demand that Link pay a "door repair charge;" a slightly humorous reference to the fact that in order to access him, Link had either burned down a bush or bombed a wall. There is speculation that the old man who teaches spells to Link in the various villages of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is this same old man, or at least based from him. It is generally believed that all the Old Men in the game are the same person; this is somewhat backed up by a translated quotation of the Old Man in the first cave location in the remake in which he says "heed my words", referring only to himself. He also refers to the Old Woman as 'the' Old Woman, meaning there might be one of her as well.

Many people who resemble the Old man also appear in the Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages game. This time, they wear hooded robes that are either green, blue, or red and have long white beards, giving them a wizard-like appearance. Most of them hide underground bellow bushes, which Link, once again, must burn down to access them. Some of them give Link Rupees so Link won't reveal his location, while others take Rupees from Link, yet again, for "paying to fix his door". In Seasons, one of them gives Link an item that he uses to gain access to Tarm Ruins, and two of them appear in dungeons to give Link some information. In Ages, in the past a number of Old Men appear in the Eyeglass Island Library in some sort of gathering. One of them also gives Link the Fairy Dust if he completes a difficult puzzle.

The Old Man is known for his vague and/or badly translated advice in the original version (one of his most famous pieces of advice is "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE", meaning that the Dodongo enemy had a weakness to bombs). It should be noted that nearly all of the game's text resembled this, not just the Old Man's quotations. In the versions of the game on the GameCube Zelda promotion disc, Game Boy Advance, and Virtual Console, the translation was corrected.
He only helps Link! And occasionally makes Link give him money...

Crazy theory? I'm not the one who was wanting to call a piece of the triforce the most powerful character. That was Ekul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom