• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I know this isn't reguarding Brawl, but...
Today's lucky winner said:
I'm sick and tired of people saying brawl melee is so much better than brawl ooloooolololl. Why? Because you can wavedash and l cancel? Brawl has online. But no. You guys have to put it down because you think brawl isn't competitive. It is. Have you people ever stopped to think that melee may be TOO competitive? Think about it. It takes YEARS to be able to even compete in a tourney without getting laughed at. Nobody has that kind of time to get good. Some people have stuff like school that gets in the way of Also, what if you want to play OTHER games? You can't do that if you want to be good at melee because there are too many techniques to keep up with, and you all keep adding more and more and more

Summarized version: F*ck melee. You can only become a pro if it's the only game you play....
Cookie to the person who knows who originally posted this statement.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^ yea that guy sure didn't know what he was talking about, what a scrub, but now it's done and over with since he just got
BANNED!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I thought Bowser wasn't going to be in Brawl for a while.
Yes, I'm and idiot.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I know this isn't reguarding Brawl, but...

Cookie to the person who knows who originally posted this statement.
Ace~ said it.

Cookies for me

@Topic,someone said you play Brawl if yer bad at video games because you can get good at it in 10 minutes.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
lol nakedsnake.
me: to recover back onto the stage u can use b and the up direction
nub: so u press b and the up direction
me: yep
nub: so b.... and up on the control stick...

(it went on like this 4 a while)

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
"JASON, look i'm L canceling"

He's actually teching when he gets knocked on the ground

My brothers a n00b u guys take it easy lol

"How do u L cancel wit R."
"Now that wavedash is gone u wont beat me in brawl, its actually about skill now, not...glitches"
as im wavedashing backwards
" Is that moonwalking"

PCHU

Smash Lord
Thank goodness dude's gone.
I was afraid he was going to kill me with several paragraphs loaded with profanity.
I bet he got really angry after I commented about his name.

Anyways.......
My dad will not stop saying that Captain Falcon cusses.
"FALK'IN KICK!"
(Yeah, it's stupid)
We also have nicknames for characters, but unfortunately, they picked on Marth.
They called my favorite sword user MARTHMELLOW!

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
lmao. i was watching a tourney match the other day at a tourney, anther, samurai panda, ankoku, big name people are there. this guy walks in to the place and starts watching panda and anther play a bit. while watching, he leans over and asks "hey dude... what is this game?"

awlccl123

Smash Apprentice
Regarding SSB4

"They should put more Sonic characters in. Maybe Tails or Shadow or Blaze. If Blaze was in SSB4, she could give Bowser a run for his money. They could also put in another Metroid character. Maybe Meta Ridley or Dark Samus. Also, they could put Bowser Jr. in and he could transform into Shadow Mario and ASSAULT PEOPLE WITH PAINT!!! Graffiti attacks FTW! "

Roihu

Smash Ace
One of my friends has said they don't like Brawl because he 'thinks it is too unrealistic'.

:ohwell:
Because obviously games are SOOO realistic. Obviously people can double jump irl, obviously people can use superpowers, obviously zombies exist, and obviously I'm directing this not to you but to the person who said that.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Brawl are for old people and little kids cause it's on the Wii - Next Door Neighbor

He got his *** kicked, but not by me xD

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Because obviously games are SOOO realistic. Obviously people can double jump irl, obviously people can use superpowers, obviously zombies exist, and obviously I'm directing this not to you but to the person who said that.
I know right? You also forgot the obvious fact that little pink puffballs go around sucking people up and that green dinosaurs go around eating and pooping people out.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
"Fox isnt that good in Brawl,hes just to....slow"

And,my fave

"Brawl noob"
GOD forbid people like Brawl over Melee without names being called about them!

L_Lawliet

Smash Rookie
Yesterday I turn on the Wii, start playing brawl and my aunt, who was in the room, says:
Aunt: "That game is like all the characters together, right?"
Me: "Not every character obviously but yeah, basically it's that. Why do you ask?"
Aunt: "Oh, it's just that I saw there Mario with the Dragon Ball guys"

She was talking about the Pokémon.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
"Where's that Falcon man? He still in this? Why doesn't anyone use him, he's awesome!!!!"
"Those bananas are a waste of a move. Diddy has better than that."

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
It's more generally related to this series than just SSBB, but the only thing that ever really gets to me as idiotic is when someone says people shouldn't play this series on more than a casual level because "they're not having fun".

I'm not even going to get into how much of an infuratingly egotistical logical fallacy that mindset is.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Anything ever posted my coreygames.
You're pretty accurate on that statement.
Did you see him in the "Tiers: If Smash Characters were true to their Games...." discussion?
I presented several arguments, yet he still came back with the same stuff.
What's worse is that everyone seems to think Mewtwo is as worthless as he is in Melee, which even there he's good (Taj, anyone?).
Anyways, enough whining, he's gone.

Today.
College guy: "I dominate on this game!"
First Match: Ness vs. Ike.
5 stocked (He was good, though).
"Ike is so slow."
I pick Ike.
He picks Fox.
5 stocked again.
"Fox sucks."
"What do I have to do, go old-school?"
He picks Link, I go with Fox.
5 stocked.
He picks Metaknight, I pick him as well.
He actually got me down one or two lives.
PWN'd anyways.

He says he hangs around people that are way worse (better) than I am.
Also says they hold tourneys.
I'm going to one, and I'm seriously going to laugh if I come out in 1st place.

Same thing as this happened at our family reunion, except the guys I played didn't john, but....
"I've seen these people......wavedash = kill."
I told him I knew the advanced techs (but I'm way better now) and that's what came out.
I laughed and killed him.
On the game.

Top Bottom