• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
i wouldnt say that,coreys smart and a good debater but hes an elitist jerk and thats whats makes him so stupid sometimes
The smart is so obscured by his anti-Brawl, downright malicious snark (and this is coming from the queen of snark herself, so you know it's too much) that it makes him sound stupid.

Anyway, I've heard a lot of STUPID, STUPID things on the boards the past few days.

Wietse

Smash Rookie
When I told my friends (who obviously don't play Nintendo games) that Snake was going to be in Brawl one started to laugh at another one and said: "Wahah your idol game character is going to be in a children's game!".

Someone who played it for a few minutes found it a chaotic button basher with no logic sense at all.

derv

Smash Apprentice
my friend after i beat his falco with my wolf:
"falco has been made really bad in this game, see his attacks are realy slow, look how slow his C-stick side is"
'why dont you try a tilt attack?'
"no they are to weak"

gah
then he started complaining how wolf has an advantage over falco and wolfs good because he can continually side smash... oh gawd :O

he also claims wario is the worst in the game

Roihu

Smash Ace
"Where's that Falcon man? He still in this? Why doesn't anyone use him, he's awesome!!!!"
I wouldn't call that a stupid comment. Granted he sucks, but he IS still awesome. And people DO use him.

PCHU

Smash Lord
my friend after i beat his falco with my wolf:
"falco has been made really bad in this game, see his attacks are realy slow, look how slow his C-stick side is"
'why dont you try a tilt attack?'
"no they are to weak"

gah
then he started complaining how wolf has an advantage over falco and wolfs good because he can continually side smash... oh gawd :O

he also claims wario is the worst in the game
I find this hilarious.
His smashes aren't slow (DDD fsmash is slow), his tilts are weak and cause low knockback to rack up damage, and....well, Wolf can be taken down easily, if you pay attention.

And Wario is FAR FROM THE WORST.
Of course, I'm neutralizing all of the jokes, but if you ever meet him again, just show him what Wario can do.
I don't use him, but I've met one, and it took an eternity for my Ness to destroy him.
It ended with a Waft and a Spike, but my dair ate through his waft.
THANK GOODNESS IT DID.

~rh

Smash Lord
That Mewtwo isn't in Brawl.

Cause most obviously he is. >>;

kr3wman

Smash Master
Brawl is faster than Melee because you can pickup the items when you are running...

I was like 'WTF'

PD4FR

Smash Ace
"You dodge too much!"
{in annoyed voice}

I lost all respect for him when he said this.:)

PCHU

Smash Lord
I john so much, but it's logic.
Such as Kirby's several disjointed hitboxes (as in fsmash NEVER EVEN TOUCHES YOU!).
And DK, how he's a freakin' ape, yet he's fast, strong, not laggy at all, has SA on some moves, can clap his hands to kill you, and can grab the ledge when he's really not supposed to be able to.

I thought of something.
There is a circle around DK.
That circle is called "circle of death".
Any decent DK knows about it, and they use it all of the time.
For characters like Ness it's hard to penetrate that circle of death without dying in a flurry of utilts and dtilts.
What's worse, the circle is extended because he STEPS FORWARD during his fsmash.
Ness is a freakin' PSYCHIC and HE'S not as good as a NON-PSYCHIC APE!

Explain why Ness doesn't have Snake's range.
Snake isn't psychic.......as far as I know.

I'm done ranting.
I wish I had funny friends, but they're all technical, and know about smash physics.
And yet none of my friends (that are my age) can do adv. techs.

We do make fun of the characters on a daily basis, though.
I'll be sure to post it.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Man, I can't believe this thread I made on the day that made everyone hate Nate.

Real Men Use Items, that's what inspired this thread, but I couldn't get this far without you guys.

Thanks.

IDK

Smash Lord
my friend used to main toon link and i thought i could beat him with TL even though i never played him... i did beat him and he said "but you're my counter!". then i played my other friend's wolf and juggled him and won and he said "you aren't even letting me touch the ground". i lol'd

Puddin

Smash Lord
The quote in my sig.

Serialy.
Pssst, your sig gets cut off.

"You spam Pikmin too much"

I was told that after I beat someone with Olimar. I should note that he was not complaining about Pikmin Throw, but that I spammed Pikmin in general meaning Smash Attacks and whatnot.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Pssst, your sig gets cut off.

"You spam Pikmin too much"

I was told that after I beat someone with Olimar. I should note that he was not complaining about Pikmin Throw, but that I spammed Pikmin in general meaning Smash Attacks and whatnot.
You can click the arrow to return to the quote...:ohwell:

Edit:New one

"lucas is better for beginners, and ness is for veteran/pros."

H

Homsar, a Trendy Tote Bag

"Snake, Metaknight, and Mr. Game and Watch are the worst characters, because they have no defensive ability."

And "I'm pretty good with Metaknight!" (by a different person)

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
"Brawl was a disappointment because all I have to do is be MK and win."

I proceeded to **** his MK.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I was playing some FFAs with friends and generally owning with Lucas, then switch to Game & Watch for ****s and giggles. My strategy basically amounted to dair spam and liberal dsmashing. I get complimented, and someone claims that I'm better with him than Lucas. (I'm not.) I reply that it's because G&W is better than Lucas, with the implied logic being that his higher standing makes up for my lack of skill with him. Someone else says:

"Hey, you might want to be careful with that."
Me: "What?"
"Saying one character is better than another."
Me: o_O

(Paraphrased, but you get the point.)

I just let it go since I didn't feel like arguing, but...what the hell?

.Marik

is a social misfit
I've never heard of anyone saying stupid things about Brawl... maybe if I can remember.... :ohwell:

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
that ban MK thing is not that stupid, but its too spammed
i was playing with a friend with stage choose set to "turns", he said " dude, choose pokemon stadium", then he realized it was his turn..... epic lol

Top Bottom