• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most hated trap?

Bad!

Smash Cadet
port town cars lol theyre fast and u don't know when they coming :S

Cracker

Smash Rookie
Cars in onett, they keep ruining my smash attacks.
Or maybe the cars in mario circuit.

UberMario

Smash Master
The monster on New Pork City, instant death.
Actually, the bite is techable when the Chimera is on the bottom, you can get to 999% by teching off the wall constantly.

(Strangely, Captain Falcon is the only one I could do it consistently with to that damage level)

The "trap" that I hate the most is Frigate Orpheon's right ledge, which can not be grabbed.

(Although I think most hated trap by viewing so many ko themselves due to it are the screen effects on Spear Pillar, which are my favorite effects since I can brawl with them without trouble)

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
The bombs on Pirate Ship are very annoying, along with that spike at the beginning of Rumble Falls.

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
custom stage traps, where u put a falling block, with spikes under it, and 2 walls next to you, so when you fall in and if u get stuck, ur in that little spot forever unless ur opponent gets you out.

ie:
Falling block=0
reg block=o
spike=^
Empty Space=-

o0o
o-o
o^o
o^o
ooo

youre stuck in that little empty space ( the -) untill your opponent gets you out

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Palkia! Dangit I hate that thing. I've mostly gotten used to the spikes on that jungle climb level.

Why does everyone hate the cannons on Pirate Ship so much? Just hang out at the top of the stage and they can't touch you. :ohwell:

I hate the claw arm on Halberd as well.

I don't play Final Destination. It's WAY too boring for my tastes.

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this would be considered a trap, but... the girl in Flat Zone that appears when the cars appear always costs me a stock when we play that stage.

The zookeeper at Flat zone and the mini-catapult in Pirate Ship are really annoying as well.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'm not sure if this would be considered a trap, but... the girl in Flat Zone that appears when the cars appear always costs me a stock when we play that stage.

The zookeeper at Flat zone and the mini-catapult in Pirate Ship are really annoying as well.
Forgot about the zookeeper, he annoys the **** outta me

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
i really hate port town cars cause i use peach its like a ko at 30%. Before you say"just float" opponents will probably always manage to knock you out of the float so you get hit by the car. Maybe im just doing it wrong

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
Forgot to mention the falling blocks on Rainbow Cruise. Once you're under them, there's no escape. :laugh:

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
I hate the first spike that you see in rumble falls. You can barely see it especially when your focusing on killing your opponent. One I get hit I ricochet around and get an auto kill. I memorize where it is, but then there are more spikes plus the speed up.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
I'm not familiar with pokemon names, but on Spear Pillar, the one that's not Palkia or Dialga (I know those because I worked at Gamestop when Diamond and Pearl came out >_<) I don't mind those two's hazards but the third one that appears is just annoying. Freaking boomerang thingy always comes after ME D:<

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The Chimera. I dont usually have problems with any traps, but i hate it when someone hits you into the chimera or it appears on top of you and you cant tech... The bombs at pirate ship arent bad at all, just look where theyre going quickly and stay away from that side

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
Spear pillar traps are fun if your having a friendly match
Now, the ultimate chimera...

Jellie

Smash Rookie
I can deal with the stages that are designed to be tough (Spear Pillar, Port Town, etc) as long as it's a friendly exhibition blah brawl. I love playing them for the laughs. What I really hate are the angled edges at Final Destination.... So many self destructs....

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's definetly in New Pork City, where that pink monsters just shows out of nowhere and tries to swallow the living daylights out of you.

twistaleve

Smash Rookie
the water form jungle japes
palkia and dialga from spear pillar
the car from onett
stage flipping from frigate orpheon
and the rumble falls spike

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
There's a few traps in some stages that I hate, but the one trap I can't seem to get out of is the breakable wooden platform near the bottom in New Pork City. Sometimes after it breaks, and I fall through it and try to recover, the platform suddenly re-appear and prevents me from recovering back onto the stage, sending me to a KO. Occasionally I'll land on the floating limo when it happens, but that will also lead me to a KO since it goes across the stage and outside the boundary line. Unless I'm using :pit: or :metaknight:, who I don't use most of the time, it's impossible for me to escape.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Dialga/Palkia/Cresselia's attacks, all of them except the SUPAH LAZ0R which is cool. I like shielding it lulz.

Hikatori

Smash Rookie
That **** pink thing on New pork city. It won me a match, but I don't like cheap wins. =/
The Rumble Falls Spike, Jungle Japes and that darn river. Lastly, Palkia on Spear Pillar. I no play well Upside down.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Alot of things can get unfair.Like The Spike on Rumble falls.The Fish on Summit.Or even on New pork Town the Pink Monster is 200 % Damage and a Instant KO Anywhere he appears.

Top Bottom