• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Well, the names where in green before Eastern time midnight so theres a lot of fail there.

Also to disprove your theory, the director names were still in blue when the normal accounts were changed into green.

If indeed this is an april fools joke, someone needs to be hung for the massif failure involved.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Sup guys.

I'm pretty newb at the game but I'm willing to learn. I know the basis of fighting games in general, but this is my first intro into the SF series and im really n00b at my execution skills.

Still, I'm hoping to find someone to teach me a bit, since Smokey is a bad teacher and all he does is beat me all the time we play (except for his chun li :S)

So yeah, are there any meetings and stuff that go on around montreal on a regular basis?

BentoBox

Smash Master
Sup guys.

I'm pretty newb at the game but I'm willing to learn. I know the basis of fighting games in general, but this is my first intro into the SF series and im really n00b at my execution skills.

Still, I'm hoping to find someone to teach me a bit, since Smokey is a bad teacher and all he does is beat me all the time we play (except for his chun li :S)

So yeah, are there any meetings and stuff that go on around montreal on a regular basis?
LOL at Smokey(he's playing to win)... Too bad the MTL arcade scene is not as hype as it was 8 years ago (personnally). Occasionally, you might meet good players at 2K, especially on the weekend.

D

Deleted member

OK guys i want to get good at street fighter 4, i played number 2 and i was really good, but its been so long since i played so i wanted to know if some one can give me a crash course on the game for XBOX, I will to go to anyones house or you can come over to mine, please email me on smashboards or post i promise to give you a great sparing buddy, reply asap please im free from tursday to saterday so if anyone wants to do something let me know, Thank you (Count it!!)

it doesnet matter what console, but if some one wants to palt SF4 but doesnot have the game i will rent it and we can learn together all i need is a working ps3 or an Xbox and a seocnd player, ill host it i dont mind

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
it doesnet matter what console, but if some one wants to palt SF4 but doesnot have the game i will rent it and we can learn together all i need is a working ps3 or an Xbox and a seocnd player, ill host it i dont mind
I would palt with you if i wasnt at the end of the semester man. I really cant wait until its all over to focus on sf4 and brawl.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
If 'C'let holds something Friday/Saturday, we can just play there.

Otherwise, I'd try out the arcade on Friday. I just wanna know who else would come.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
You people can always come at my place tomorrow, from 3h-11h.

I woudn't mind hosting a Street fighter/melee fest. and maybe 1 setup for brawl. If someone brings a tv. So, who want's to come?

got 6-10 free spots

-Steb?
-Nox?
-Bento?
-Lford?
-Mford?
-Clet?
-Kirt?
-Agora?

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Count me out guys, I'm not going to be available for anything for the next 3 weeks as I'm behind on my work.

Also, i think its stupid to go and "learn" sf4 at the arcades as its going to be very costly. I think once you know the game enough, then maybe, it would be a wise use of money, not before.

BigRick

Smash Master
Count me out guys, I'm not going to be available for anything for the next 3 weeks as I'm behind on my work.

Also, i think its stupid to go and "learn" sf4 at the arcades as its going to be very costly. I think once you know the game enough, then maybe, it would be a wise use of money, not before.
he said he was good at sf2

if youre good at sf2 then you already got the basics down

my bison mainly uses sf2 tactics

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
so what's a better day for you guys friday or saturday???? remember that untill zaf confirms there will be limited spaces around 9 or 10

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Bleh, I don't wanna go anywhere friday that's why I was asking if anyone wanted to come over and play sf4/melee. But, I know it's closer for everyone to go to c''let's. So I won't be there.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
so what's a better day for you guys friday or saturday???? remember that untill zaf confirms there will be limited spaces around 9 or 10
Friday.

But I think Agony's got it, so I'll just go there instead. But do you even have SF or an 360 at least Agony? I want to play some more SF this week.

D

Deleted member

any time just let me know and PS im always gonig to be there all the time now, i free my schedual

saterday ftw

BigRick

Smash Master
Bison is a *****, someone has to teach me how to fight him.
you play Ryu right?

In my humble opinion, Ryu has to dictate the pace by putting Bison into a defensive position. Scoring a knockdown is the main objective when you play Bison... here's a few key points.

- Hadoukens are not that good against Bison. He can head stomp (HS)/devil reverse (DR) over them all day, building meter at the same time. Also, he can ex scissor kick through them and if he anticipates one he can punish with a jump in combo and knock you down.

- How to punish the head stomp: do not try to anti-air it, you will trade and definitely lose if it's the ex version. Also, you might leave yourself open to a devil reverse and get yourself knocked down. The head stomp is best punished by quickly moving backward and make bison miss... however you will give Bison some ground

- If you block the head stomp: Bison has two choices, either land close to you or land far. If he lands far, the match is back to a neutral situation however bison has charge so he can do another HS/DR right after. If he tries to land close he can either land in front or behind you, be careful and watch out for the throw

- one last thing about HS/DR, dont let him DR all day... this will give him precious meter for use in reversals (he needs EX on his specials to gain invincibility frames) or EX head stomps

- offensively: J.HK and c.HK are some of your best friends. Bison cannot directly answer to a J.HK... all he can do is try to anticipate them and punish with one of his own aerials, thus leaving himself open to shoryus. Your c.HK also beats all of his stuff except his ground specials. Your main objective is to score a knockdown... combo that J.HK into a shoryu!

- when Bison is down: you can abuse him, the only safe reversals he can use are his super, ultra, and ex scissor kicks. He might be able to do reversal backwards teleport if he has room behind him, or reversal DR if you try to throw him... but everything else is meter dependent!

- what you might try is a crossup J.MK... force Bison to block and then mixup high/low/throw. Also you can try to bait reversals and wakeup throws... just stay close to him and use some feints

- when Bison is close to you and your at frame disadvantage he will try these 3 things: 1) lock you down with light attacks, leaving some room between some hoping for a counter hit 2) throw 3) wait for reversal shoryu, punish... Being to be able to tech throws is a big help, so get used to do it! In SF2, you can only reduce throw damage by 50% but in SF3/4 you can tech throws for 0%... use them to your advantage!

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I don't but most of you guys have either a ps3 or 360, so you could bring yours. I don't have anything here since my melee is at my bro's and it's my bro that got the 360.

So, yeah I'd need you guys to bring your setups. I got 2 tvs and 1 wii.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I don't but most of you guys have either a ps3 or 360, so you could bring yours. I don't have anything here since my melee is at my bro's and it's my bro that got the 360.

So, yeah I'd need you guys to bring your setups. I got 2 tvs and 1 wii.

Just to remind all brawl players, theres only gonna be one brawl setup :(

Clet please host XD

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
you play Ryu right?

In my humble opinion, Ryu has to dictate the pace by putting Bison into a defensive position. Scoring a knockdown is the main objective when you play Bison... here's a few key points.

- Hadoukens are not that good against Bison. He can head stomp (HS)/devil reverse (DR) over them all day, building meter at the same time. Also, he can ex scissor kick through them and if he anticipates one he can punish with a jump in combo and knock you down.

- How to punish the head stomp: do not try to anti-air it, you will trade and definitely lose if it's the ex version. Also, you might leave yourself open to a devil reverse and get yourself knocked down. The head stomp is best punished by quickly moving backward and make bison miss... however you will give Bison some ground

- If you block the head stomp: Bison has two choices, either land close to you or land far. If he lands far, the match is back to a neutral situation however bison has charge so he can do another HS/DR right after. If he tries to land close he can either land in front or behind you, be careful and watch out for the throw

- one last thing about HS/DR, dont let him DR all day... this will give him precious meter for use in reversals (he needs EX on his specials to gain invincibility frames) or EX head stomps

- offensively: J.HK and c.HK are some of your best friends. Bison cannot directly answer to a J.HK... all he can do is try to anticipate them and punish with one of his own aerials, thus leaving himself open to shoryus. Your c.HK also beats all of his stuff except his ground specials. Your main objective is to score a knockdown... combo that J.HK into a shoryu!

- when Bison is down: you can abuse him, the only safe reversals he can use are his super, ultra, and ex scissor kicks. He might be able to do reversal backwards teleport if he has room behind him, or reversal DR if you try to throw him... but everything else is meter dependent!

- what you might try is a crossup J.MK... force Bison to block and then mixup high/low/throw. Also you can try to bait reversals and wakeup throws... just stay close to him and use some feints

- when Bison is close to you and your at frame disadvantage he will try these 3 things: 1) lock you down with light attacks, leaving some room between some hoping for a counter hit 2) throw 3) wait for reversal shoryu, punish... Being to be able to tech throws is a big help, so get used to do it! In SF2, you can only reduce throw damage by 50% but in SF3/4 you can tech throws for 0%... use them to your advantage!
Rick, are you looking for a disciple?

Top Bottom