• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

OK guys i want to get good at street fighter 4, i played number 2 and i was really good, but its been so long since i played so i wanted to know if some one can give me a crash course on the game for XBOX, I will to go to anyones house or you can come over to mine, please email me on smashboards or post i promise to give you a great sparing buddy, reply asap please im free from tursday to saterday so if anyone wants to do something let me know, Thank you (Count it!!)

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
TF2 could be really nice. I haven't played it yet, so I can't be bored of it =). I got some other online pals that plays that game to, I think it would be fun to play TF2 with you guys.

Anyone's in for this game? We could set a day and time to play all at the same time online. But first we gotta all have the game =O

buenob

Smash Lord
i have tf2 :) count me in if you guys are doing this :)

also, for sf4 knowledge, hit up the SRK forums shoryuken.com

as for quick learning, if you're the type who likes to wait and punish, learn you characters combo starter, learn to bait attacks, and practice the combos... basically wait until they mess up

if you like going for mind-games, learn your priorities // approx. frame startup for all the moves, and then space like mad :)

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
OK guys i want to get good at street fighter 4, i played number 2 and i was really good, but its been so long since i played so i wanted to know if some one can give me a crash course on the game for XBOX, I will to go to anyones house or you can come over to mine, please email me on smashboards or post i promise to give you a great sparing buddy, reply asap please im free from tursday to saterday so if anyone wants to do something let me know, Thank you (Count it!!)
well if you have a 360 you could add me on xbox live

you said you were good at sf2? what chars did u play?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Why don't we just play a shooter instead, or a game where teaming is actually needed or actually great skills. I don't feel like playing brawl much anymore and I'll never get as good as pros at melee now it's to late and 64 is only fun online because people actually plays it.

So...Why not a FPS? Teams - Death matches - CTF Plus, we can play online with no lag, so more training possibility.
why not brood war?

ill be at Jarc's this thursday with your disc if you want it

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Its the same game on ps3, learning it on either, even playing it on either, is the same thing.
Btw, I heard there is a patch for the game coming up soon.

lolololololol old-school drama ftw.
I wonder if your starting to catch on who Nox is.

Btw, I remember those times. Man, i was more brash back then then Sphyra is today and with less tact too :)

Also, Thatguy was a newcomer to the community and no one had really played him yet. I was to be the first, along with a few completely random guys.

TF2 could be really nice. I haven't played it yet, so I can't be bored of it =). I got some other online pals that plays that game to, I think it would be fun to play TF2 with you guys.

Anyone's in for this game? We could set a day and time to play all at the same time online. But first we gotta all have the game =O
I has, but it's not installed at the moment since my computer keeps having HDD issues and Dell doesn't know whats causing it after changing every peice inidividually on my computer :p, so their gonna send me a new, updated model of my computer in the following weeks. I should have it back and installed once i receive it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Replay Mode -- Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.

New Points System -- Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)

Enhanced Tournament Matching System -- Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.
This kirt?

I wanna play TF2 with you guys D:

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
@Kirt: Cool, I'll try and get the game at the same time that you get to make yours to work.

@Krew: Sure man, play TF2 with us, the more people the better.

@Rick: Starcraft will take us to long to get to an enough good lv. And I prefer playing an fps.

If I'm not mistaken there is an orange box and the TF2 separate right? Because if I can pay less it would be better since I only want TF2 and not the other games in Orange Box.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
This kirt?

I wanna play TF2 with you guys D:
I heard more importantly that it's also gonna count your d/cs, which in itself is pretty stupid since the online infrastructure is more fragile then Daisy-Fan.

I mean, I'll be playing a round, lose the first one and then at the start of the next round I'll lose connection to the other player, making me look like a ******** who ran away...

@Rick: Starcraft will take us to long to get to an enough good lv. And I prefer playing an fps.

If I'm not mistaken there is an orange box and the TF2 separate right? Because if I can pay less it would be better since I only want TF2 and not the other games in Orange Box.
I agree on the fps over rts argument, especially SC and WC since the level of those games are, well, not deep as it is exclusive.

Yeah, TF2 is sold seperatly, but I would just check steam regularly as it does tend to go on sale every second month on it for 10$. That's how i got mine. Just wait for the next update, and they'll lower the price temporarily when they do.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
o snap u guys play tf2. maybe i shuld start playin that again, i stopped after the medic got the upgraded bonesaw and it got to complicated. maybe if i buy a new comp il hit it up again. my steam: pastaboy

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I can't buy online I got no credit card =(

If anyone is willing to buy it for me then I can repay. That's the only way I can think of. If not then I'll buy in store.
I would check online prices for you and buy it if it was ever on sale, but I dont have steam and im not bothering putting it back on since its also gonna interefer with my homework :p

BentoBox

Smash Master
I heard more importantly that it's also gonna count your d/cs, which in itself is pretty stupid since the online infrastructure is more fragile then Daisy-Fan.

I mean, I'll be playing a round, lose the first one and then at the start of the next round I'll lose connection to the other player, making me look like a ******** who ran away...
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=183412

Counting DCs is the only viable means of ensuring that your BP count is legit. Even if your connection is unstable, your BP should still somewhat portray your skill level. It's only to prevent ppl from RQing their way to the top.

Lol, bento with a 64mb gfx card could work. Just put everything in lowest resolutions.

And that's by assuming you got atleast a 64mb card.

Yeah, sure Rick.
I have a 128mb gfx card, but its integrated D:

D

Deleted member

read above

i dont have and Xbox or a ps3, so i need to come over to someones house or someone come over to mine

Top Bottom