• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montreal Thread - You better comming!!!1

what do we do now?

• Play Brawl.

Votes: 127 41.4%
  • Play Melee.

Votes: 167 54.4%
  • Steal Airman from the Toronto guys, think about it later.

Votes: 42 13.7%
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Votes: 19 6.2%

• Total voters

cF=)

Smash Lord
Postbit "top" ***** my mother and killed my father.

Kage avenged me.

Fogel

Smash Lord
60, at least I think.
ToS5 is pushing 50 two weeks before the tournament even starts; you will probably get way more than 60 in a bigger city like Montreal. I think Montreal has 3 or 4 times the population we do. I don't think I can give a very accurate estimate, but if you have as much random people come out of the woodwork for a tournament as we do, you might even break 100.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ToS5 is pushing 50 two weeks before the tournament even starts; you will probably get way more than 60 in a bigger city like Montreal. I think Montreal has 3 or 4 times the population we do. I don't think I can give a very accurate estimate, but if you have as much random people come out of the woodwork for a tournament as we do, you might even break 100.
100 for brawl? Did we even had 100... for melee back in the day? lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ok so now, i have a question, cause i have 2 choices, since i dont live in montreal.
Either A, i could try to make a big tournament with also lots of random noobs probably coming ,i would try to find a place in mtl.
Or B, we make a small smashboards people mostly tournament, if so then probably 40 people or so, and id do it on the south shore of mtl.

And i need someone to help me on this if possible.
I would probably set this like on the 26th or the 19th, kinda near TOS5 but im going on a trip for 2 weeks after, and im not gonna host a tourney if im not there.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Of course, but as far as I could see, there is absolutely no Wii related events/tournaments there; only 360/PC crap. Hell, they have Singstar, Karaoke Revolution and Turok tournaments, but no Brawl tourny? I feel insulted.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
You know what's being the problem of nintendo since GC or hell even 64, it's that all their games look the same. This a complete ditto of Metroid prime just change the guns and ennemies and you got it. The sound effects the voices everything sounds same...

Plus, I don't know on what difficulty that was, but the AI was really dumb, IMO.

I just hope someday Nintendo tries to do experimentation on their graphic capacities, we have RE4 why not try it for Resident Evil 5 as well. I'm sure nintendo can do it.

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
Of course, but as far as I could see, there is absolutely no Wii related events/tournaments there; only 360/PC crap. Hell, they have Singstar, Karaoke Revolution and Turok tournaments, but no Brawl tourny? I feel insulted.
i saw pictures with brawl in it.

I just hope someday Nintendo tries to do experimentation on their graphic capacities
The Wii has NO graphics. my TI-83+ has more polygons than that GPU challenged console... :/

>

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
i saw pictures with brawl in it.
If it was only about playing random people with random rules at brawl then it wasn't worth it: we have brawls online for that already.

Now, if it was an actual brawl event centered around it, then it might have been worthwhile.

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
If it was only about playing random people with random rules at brawl then it wasn't worth it: we have brawls online for that already.

Now, if it was an actual brawl event centered around it, then it might have been worthwhile.
i might be THE one whos played the most random people on this whole island.
i challange anyone who's played more than the 600 different people ive played in my smash whorе career

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I have 99 people counted on my "Smashers" MSN list, many of whom most people here have never met. I also have some Smashers on "Friends", making that...104 smashers. I've also played more Ontario people than you, and I have also played people from West Coast Canada. I also host Abbott tournaments which gives a fresh turnout most of the time. I think I've played more people than you. I also think anyone who has traveled to the States can also top you.

On the island, that's up for grabs, but I've ran into a lot of random **** so I'd probably challenge you for that. However I haven't frequented La Ronde often so that may be a weakness, per se.

RaIph

Smash Apprentice
I have 99 people counted on my "Smashers" MSN list, many of whom most people here have never met. I also have some Smashers on "Friends", making that...104 smashers. I've also played more Ontario people than you, and I have also played people from West Coast Canada. I also host Abbott tournaments which gives a fresh turnout most of the time. I think I've played more people than you. I also think anyone who has traveled to the States can also top you.

On the island, that's up for grabs, but I've ran into a lot of random **** so I'd probably challenge you for that. However I haven't frequented La Ronde often so that may be a weakness, per se.
nice record.
as for my list, ive got:
- random smfests
- random events
- styd1&2 + sff1 + that other last tourney
- biweek
- laronde whoring since sm64 1999 (9 years)

zaf

Smash Lord
yea i was downtown on thursday. The amp gamer crap tent they had going was mainly Halo3. I had passed by when the Halo 3 tournament had started. Most of the consoles were 360's. There was 1 wii with brawl, but you could only use wiimotes. So i lol'd at all the lil microsoft ho's and drank my free amp drink and left. Wasnt anything special. Im sure no one famous or popular was there. The tent was seriously all noobs with mlg shirts lmfao.

on another note, everyone who is coming to tos5 with me. Most of you have said yes for the hotel for that day. So i will look for a hotel where 7-8 of us can stay. Ill look for a room with like maybe 3-4 big beds + couches for sleeping, or a lot of small beds. Will have prices soon.

Fogel

Smash Lord
100 for brawl? Did we even had 100... for melee back in the day? lol
No, but it seems there are more Brawl players than Melee players. ToS 1-4, which were Melee-only, never had more than mid-30s, ToS 5 already has over 50 registered and I haven't advertised anywhere except here and All is Brawl.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I had not planned to throw a tournament of this amplitude, i had a place for 30-40 people, but if people want me throw a big one, il see what i can do. I think im gonna need help though. Id probably do it either on the 19 or 26th of july.

zaf

Smash Lord
I had not planned to throw a tournament of this amplitude, i had a place for 30-40 people, but if people want me throw a big one, il see what i can do. I think im gonna need help though. Id probably do it either on the 19 or 26th of july.
ill see what i can do to help, lemme know what you need done

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well first i have to find a place, after that it aint that hard.
Kirt is looking onto something, and i will have to check a few places in mtl too. If you can propose somewhere, im open to sugestions/.

BTW, no smoking is allowed jarc, i dont want this tourney cancelled like the one rick hosted <.<

WarranThad

Smash Ace
jarc had nothing to do with that. it was neither his nor rick's fault and if you weren't there you should really shut the **** up.

<3 jarc
<3 brick

Damax

Smash Lord
Well first i have to find a place, after that it aint that hard.
Kirt is looking onto something, and i will have to check a few places in mtl too. If you can propose somewhere, im open to sugestions/.

BTW, no smoking is allowed jarc, i dont want this tourney cancelled like the one rick hosted <.<
the big *** black motha****a women is the one to blame.

top 3 of people I miss most:

0- Nox (wtf hax)
1- JARC
2- Agora
3- Chet
40- apoc

Top Bottom