• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
* Any attempt at lame *** tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame *** tactics will result in forfeit.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, I'm stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)

... i just noticed this... that was a rule in the first post.. so how is it that diem heard what happened in that fight and still called it fiar.. it clearly says that stalling under the stage for too longg is banned and will at least get a warning.... lmao hate to bring up that match again but straighten that out for me..

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to agree with Inui, Shadow. Plus the example I used (100 dmg lead in MB) is a LOT less of a lead than the 3% that happened to used. I've won by that small a margin and the GAME gave me the win.
sorry, i really don't know the tacticcs and advanced play to that game.. so i wouldnt know about rules for that.. but in brawl it's easy enough to get a 3% lead on someone then run away for a while... so to avoid that it should be that you need a larger lead...

you guys really dont agree with that? without being biased by whether or not you think that can happen to you without being able to get that 3% lead away from the other player.. would you think it more fair to keep your rule but make it that you need to have a larger percent lead on someone?

Scar

#HarveyDent
I sucked? At my peak I was 3rd in NJ, 10th in the Tristate, and able to beat Wes, Eggm, Sensei, Tec0, and lots of other good people. After not playing for a while I still managed to be ranked high because I beat Sensei, Tec0, Chinesah, and Scar during that ranking period.
Here, we see the Inui in his natural habitat, defending himself against every and all people suggesting that he isn't good at Melee by using examples that no one cares about. Weren't you just recently saying that you don't care what anyone thinks lulz?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Kashif stalled under a stage against me, too. I just won anyways. XD

I don't know what's up with that rule because it's subjective.
regardless of that... the rule states that you are not to stall under the stage or run away after having more than 30 seconds left in that game because of percent lead.. both of those rules were broken in that match.. yet when i went to diem with that claim he told me it was allowed...

where is diem at right now? lol seriously im not mad but mann hurry up and posttt here.. :urg:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Woah making a believer out of Spam and Inui definitely means I'm getting somewhere with this.
I was always a believer. I used to play ZSS and she has some sick combos. I just stopped playing her because she's too campy to suit me. I prefer not to camp unless it's on a gay stage.

Sadaharu Inui said:
teh_spamerer
You beat in me in BAAAAAAAWL losers finals but you shouldn't justify that as something to brag about because of my Melee skills because I do not care much for Brawl.

Shadow 111 said:
i dont disagree with you on that it should exist but i dont think you should be able to win a serious match by camping for 3 minutes after someone has 3& more than you.. this happened to me against spam lmao but that's not my only reason for saying this.. that made me realize it though..
LMAO you're the one who picked the gay stage. Also, what happens if the 1 stock match proceeds to go to the timer with someone up by %?

Shadow 111 said:
regardless of that... the rule states that you are not to stall under the stage or run away after having more than 30 seconds left in that game because of percent lead.. both of those rules were broken in that match.. yet when i went to diem with that claim he told me it was allowed...
Rules said:
* Any attempt at lame *** tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame *** tactics will result in forfeit.
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, I'm stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)
No, I wasn't stalling under the stage. Stalling would be me going under the stage when there is a minute left and doing rising pound under the stage to run out the clock without trying to hit you over and over. I really wasn't attacking from under the stage to run out the time limit, I was doing it because it's safer to hit Meta Knight from under the stage with Jiggs.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I was always a believer. I used to play ZSS and she has some sick combos. I just stopped playing her because she's too campy to suit me. I prefer not to camp unless it's on a gay stage.

You beat in me in Brawl losers finals when the wing gayed me twice :(. On my first stock I tried to punish sidestep with SH rest but the wing cut my jump in half and I missed by a mile. Then on last stock you did your up B above the wing and I hit back by accident, you grabbed the ledge, and your up B SOMEHOW managed to hit me when I was in the OPPOSITE direction. Also, do not use beating me in BAAAAAAAAAAAAWL as something to get excited about.

LMAO you're the one who picked the gay stage and what happens if the 1 stock match proceeds to go to the timer with someone up by %?

No, I wasn't stalling under the stage. Stalling would be me going under the stage when there is a minute left and doing rising pound under the stage to run out the clock without trying to hit you over and over. I really wasn't attacking from under the stage to run out the time limit, I was doing it because it's safer to hit Meta Knight from under the stage with Jiggs.
whhhaaaaa gtfo for claiming that brinstar is a "gay stage" lmao seriously .. wow brinstar is awesome.. =( booooo what is gay about it?

also most ppl wont run out the clock for that long in a 1 stock match.. and if some1 actually decides to be gay like that then fine give them thier undeserved win lol... kinda cowardly to do that in a 1 stock match to run out the clock...

a lot of the time you were not going for hits though.... only if i was standing in the middle would u do a u air.. also that'd be stupid of me to go under the stage as u are alrready down there and have an advantage by just being able to bair me or fair me if i approach down there.. once u realized i can get u through there with the tornado and u started just going lower under the stage i couldnt do much...

whatever man lol i dont wanna argue about it cuz it's over now anyways.. just wanted to straighten it out.. no hard feelings on that set though

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
whhhaaaaa gtfo for claiming that brinstar is a "gay stage" lmao seriously .. wow brinstar is awesome.. =( booooo what is gay about it?
That I could do what I did there makes it quite a gay stage LOL.

also most ppl wont run out the clock for that long in a 1 stock match.. and if some1 actually decides to be gay like that then fine give them thier undeserved win lol... kinda cowardly to do that in a 1 stock match to run out the clock...
Well, yeah it's pretty gay to run out the timer on a 1 stock match but given that you can, I'd rather the game be decided by %.

a lot of the time you were not going for hits though.... only if i was standing in the middle would u do a u air
I'd only go for hits if I thought I was going to hit you and not get hit. It's the same when I'm on the stage except it's harder for you to hit me when I'm below it.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Yum Yums

I smell heavy garbaggio from the ever-so-smelly and bum-ridden New Jersey aka Newark Land AKA come and get begged for money land!

Inui, it's falso to say NYC can't handle NJ because I remember when NJ (DM Brandon and Co.) comes down here they get rocked as well =b

Last time I went there I came out with money and I plan to do it again.

Also an NJ vs NY 10 on 10 would most definitely result in a NY win.

Oh, don't let bum go over there, he'll **** the lot of ya's

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
I smell heavy garbaggio from the ever-so-smelly and bum-ridden New Jersey aka Newark Land AKA come and get begged for money land!

Inui, it's falso to say NYC can't handle NJ because I remember when NJ (DM Brandon and Co.) comes down here they get rocked as well =b

WHAT HE SAID >_>

dmbrandon

Smash Master
-Stalling under a stage.

... i just noticed this... that was a rule in the first post.. so how is it that diem heard what happened in that fight and still called it fiar.. it clearly says that stalling under the stage for too longg is banned and will at least get a warning.... lmao hate to bring up that match again but straighten that out for me..
It's mainly for unreachable situations. You could have gotten him, if you found a way around it. The rule is in place to prevent peach's wallbombing in melee's Brawl counterpart, if it's found. Sorry, man.

Well, DA challenged montage to a crew battle when the got there. I remember bringing it up to them, asking when it's gonna happen, and I got ignored, and then the left.

Umm.. I took 3rd, cause leo caught me in an infinite. Then I played stupid in loser's against him.

Ask NY what happened to them when they came here. Don't talk trash, if you're not gonna show up. Your fame clock from melee is up, Dire. Either start winning, or stop talking.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
D1 has anyone told you your sig gives them epilepsy? Also, since I live close to the city I might come to a weekly during the summer hope I'm welcome :)

Edit: Diem you're such a meany :p

Snakeee

Smash Master
All this talk makes me really regret my terrible performance in singles. Just wait till next time guys :)

And even without bias I have to side with my brother with what happened in his match with Spam. If what he did wasn't excessive stalling, then I don't know what is...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol @ DM and Inui trash talking for NJ. At least they placed well.....this time, lol!

@ Shadow: The way I noticed to play Spam is to figure out how to stop the gay thing he is doing, show him you can stop it, then he'll do another gay thing till you can figure that out. Wash rinse repeat. I think Spam plays smash very differently from many people but I respect it. I just wouldn't have enough patience to even attempt to play the way he does sometimes.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
NO johns, Spam is the MAN, get at me.If you don't agree itz probably cuz you miss your mom, but never see her because she's on SPAMWATCH ******!

Lol at ny talkin trash, they sent their players over here, they did decent, and they aren't satisfied? It's all good to wanna come n do better, so try your best. But in the words of Denzel " The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room" I believe Nj sits pretty quite, n lets the world hear ny's BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Snakeee I can dig the brotherly love no homo, I would ride for my little bro as well, but truth is, YOU DONT KNOW SPAM. He wasnt cheating, he was playing evasive. You're just lucky he didn't have lasers....don't believe me? Watch this http://youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8l-XQQ1Yg

Eazy23

Smash Lord
lol @ DM and Inui trash talking for NJ. At least they placed well.....this time, lol!

Someone has to do it, cuz the rest of jersey sits like little B!tches scared to say something...Grow some ballz jerz PLEASE
Well Not all, Just you keitaro lololol just kidding. I remember you beasting on pc that time lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
If you want to get around spam's playstyle, either pray that you don't have to play him or use grenades :)

and yeah spam + lazers = you losing xD

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Lol Jersey Jerks

Its Funny How The Wack Ppl Talk Behind The Good Ones Lol " Come New York We Have M2k And Spammer Lol" Inui Lol.

And Its Said I Played Like 6th Or 7th Place Mainly Using Sonic In The Tournament And Playing Snake Like 2 Matches I Think One Against Someone From New York And Another Against Someone From Jersey Mind You Guys I Just Picked Up Snake.

Jersey I Can Take All Of U With Just Sonic Lol In A Crew Battle The Only Characters That Would Mainly Give Me A Prob Is Dededes Cause Of The Chain Grab That Nj Loves But Didnt I Just Hear Diem Complain Slash John About It Being The Reason He Lost To Leo Lol. I Am Not Going To Lie You Guys Did Good This Past Weekend Didnt Impress Me But Did Good As Statistics Show. But Keep In Mind If Thats All That Jersey Has To Offer Compared To Just A Sprinkle Of The Talent In New York This Is A Sad And The Argument Between Nj And Ny Should End.

Because New York Wont Lose To You Guys Lets See If M2k And Spammer Alone Can Take New York Lol And Mister I Want To Be M2k Lordnight Please Dont Think Ur Doing **** In New York With Ur Poor Excuse For A Dedede Lol.

Anyways I Am Just Training Getting Better By The Day I Am Not On Top Now But When I Do Get There Good Bless You All Even New York Lol.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
LOL.

Wes are you bragging about your area being better then NJ at...Brawl?

Really?

So wait....this is something to be proud of?

Come on people...you are arguing about BRAWL.

Seriously.

Wake up and chill out.

Also **** Sonic.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Doesnt Matter Its Still A Game U Put Money Down

You Need To Relax If U Train At A Game And Put Money Down On It Ur Taking It Serious Whether U Want To Admit It Or Not Whether The Game Is Wacker To You Than The Other Your Still Playing It Trying To Win And If U Lose Your Losing Money.

If That Was The Case Emblem Lord If U Didnt Take This Game Some What Serious You Would Be ****ing Your Girls Brains Out Instead Of Playing A Game That You Call " Wack"

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wes has a point, Marcel. :laugh:

Now, to continue the trash talk, even to one of my favourite Smashers, the great Wes of Samus fame...

Sonic is an awful character, but you made him look all right. You definitely can't take out NJ with just Sonic even without Dedede, bro. NJ ***** this tournament overall and proved we can take good NY players when they come down here. Hopefully we can get a lot of both states at one tournament for a huge crew battle. Make Bum and PC Chris come to the next one and we'll definitely do a huge crew battle to settle this, and I'm even willing to put money on the line.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Wes has a point, Marcel. :laugh:

Now, to continue the trash talk, even to one of my favourite Smashers, the great Wes of Samus fame...

Sonic is an awful character, but you made him look all right. You definitely can't take out NJ with just Sonic even without Dedede, bro. NJ ***** this tournament overall and proved we can take good NY players when they come down here. Hopefully we can get a lot of both states at one tournament for a huge crew battle. Make Bum and PC Chris come to the next one and we'll definitely do a huge crew battle to settle this, and I'm even willing to put money on the line.
I don't ****ing care about ny vs nj.

I care about **** talking DA losing their money to Montage. You have crew meetings, crew practices, crew everything. Howabout you start having some crew BATTLES.

Doesn't it suck how that works?

you can be loud, and be annoyed at the tactics some players use, but in the end, we have your money, son. That's what it's about.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
It's mainly for unreachable situations. You could have gotten him, if you found a way around it. The rule is in place to prevent peach's wallbombing in melee's Brawl counterpart, if it's found. Sorry, man.

Umm.. I took 3rd, cause leo caught me in an infinite. Then I played stupid in loser's against him.

alright, it's fine.

how do you get caught in a d3 infinite with META KNIGHT?!?! lmao and no johns against leo.he's very good.

also .. what up against a wall? where? lol u got counterpicked with a stage with a wall?

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
u guys are talking a lot a **** over the boards

but will u be doing that in person..

i know ny will

so i just cant wait

dmbrandon

Smash Master

alright, it's fine.

how do you get caught in a d3 infinite with META KNIGHT?!?! lmao and no johns against leo.he's very good.

also .. what up against a wall? where? lol u got counterpicked with a stage with a wall?
I won losr r1 with meta, won r2 with TL, and round 3 he picked Kanto 1 and got me against a wall.m :D

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
There is a specific reason why I'm entering tournies.

And we BOTH think the game is wack Wes so I don't know what you are talking about.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I won losr r1 with meta, won r2 with TL, and round 3 he picked Kanto 1 and got me against a wall.m :D
i see. you use other characters besides meta knight? .. all this time i thought u were all meta.. pfft.... poser. lmao jk

i was like :confused: when u said he infinited you cuz meta cant get infinite grabbed O_o

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Someone has to do it, cuz the rest of jersey sits like little B!tches scared to say something...Grow some ballz jerz PLEASE
Well Not all, Just you keitaro lololol just kidding. I remember you beasting on pc that time lol
Beasting on PC!?!? More like getting *****, lol!!

NY ain't saying that much so there really isn't a need to talk trash but I feel Inui and DM do it by mistake, lol! <3 them.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm all meta now.

And I don't trash talk on accident. DA says their ****, and I laugh.

You know... since they lose.

Then Kubuu acts tough, and they leave.

Kubuu woudn't shake my hand, or Spam's. This unsportsmanlike **** is not welcome at our tournaments. If you're going to be loud, be loud, but there's no need for the **** that you guys pull.

The only reason we let Comp get away with it, is because he's a funny guy, and mostly kidding. We don't come to your ****, because you're all ungreatful losers.

-Bum, Leo, Blackanese, Snakeee, and Shadow. Everyone else slams ****, and walks away.

Grow up, plz.

Top Bottom