• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton, NJ! May 17th (update)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Jman, stop being an annoying little troll. This is not the only tournament I did awesome at and tons of good people were here. I beat someone FAR FAR FAR better than you in Melee and probably in Brawl during losers finals.

@Versatile: PPGZ is hawt. <3

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Jman, stop being an annoying little troll. This is not the only tournament I did awesome at and tons of good people were here. I beat someone FAR FAR FAR better than you in Melee and probably in Brawl during losers finals.

@Versatile: PPGZ is hawt. <3
WHO LOL

im annonying lol your annoying to every1 thats y no1 likes u >_> so wtf u talking about

Inui

Banned via Warnings
WHO LOL

im annonying lol your annoying to every1 thats y no1 likes u >_> so wtf u talking about
teh_spamerer. Go beat Vidjogamer, ChuDat, Eggm, Plank, and whatever other top players he beat before you even say you're as good as him. </preemptive strike>

So? I don't care if I'm not liked. I backed up my trash talk at the last half dozen tournaments I went to. Here you are talking trash about a tournament you didn't even attend.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
No offense Jman. I'm sure I'll get along with you fine when we meet, but you do come off as very arrogant and "migtier than thou". I an see how that might aggravate many.

Inui you're referring to Power Puff Girlz Z? I've heard about it. Kinda lke PPGs all grown up. Is it good?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's the anime version of PPG. They're 13 years-old in it instead of toddlers. Go watch it on crunchyroll.com. They have every episode and the show is awesome. :)

And the inui logic starts here.

Sephiroth is to cloud as inui logic is to common sense.
You're ********.

I was striking down any sort of nonsense Jman could have spewed about him being as good as Kashif by telling him who Kashif beat that he probably could not beat.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
teh_spamerer. Go beat Vidjogamer, ChuDat, Eggm, Plank, and whatever other top players he beat before you even say you're as good as him. </preemptive strike>

So? I don't care if I'm not liked. I backed up my trash talk at the last half dozen tournaments I went to. Here you are talking trash about a tournament you didn't even attend.
well i beat eggm i beat plank i beat chu never played vidjo

and your right u did go to more tournys then me but every1 that u and me were both at im sure i placed higher >_>

and i went too two oos tournys and got 5th at pound 3 so yea

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Inui and Jman are so good at talking **** it's funny.

I'm actually more amused than annoyed by their posts for once. :)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I wish they had smash falco in the same pose as assault falco like keitaros sig because assault falco looks stupid, especially next to brawl marth lol.

Nonsense like that is what constantly gets you into trouble. It's no problem that you are arguing your point but you always say **** like that and then you get messed up inui lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
well i beat eggm i beat plank i beat chu never played vidjo
When the hell did you beat those three in tourny? Eggm and Plank would have definitely whined about it once or twice on the boards and nobody would keep quiet over taking Chu out in tourny.

Anyways, you didn't even come to this and only played NY people in Brawl. You better be better than every other NY person that showed up because they couldn't take NJ's best players. NJ is too beast, son!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I remember him beating Eggm at the last spoc he went to. He then lose tto Eggm in losers. I'm sure he beat Plank there too. Jman is **** good so I wouldn't be surprised if he counterpicked a stage and beat Chu like Spam did.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
well im not u so i dont brag about all my wins

just ask them your self

and the y dont u come to ny and see how good u r theres a tourny every friday

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
You better be better than every other NY person that showed up because they couldn't take NJ's best players. NJ is too beast, son!
pppffftttt i laugh at this sir. lol
the fact that me n NL lost to 2 of your top players in the closest matches ive seen yet shows that those sets could go either way.

no disrespect to diem or spam.. you guys were definitely awesome.

although i didnt play you in tournament inui i'd like to see how that would go.. you didnt play either me or NL in tournament , i cant include my brother in this cuz he had an off day in singles lol.. he definitely saved my *** in doubles plenty of times though and put in a better effort than me.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
dammit inui live closer to me >.< i wish it was easier for me to go to your place...*sigh* definitely when i go back to rutgers i'll be attending these

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I beat your brother 2-0 in a money match after the tournament. I also almost always beat Atomsk, who beat him in tourny. >_>;

I was talking trash. I think you, Snakeee, NinjaLink, and Wes are pretty darn good. Snakeee uses an underrated character and Wes can win with trash.

and the y dont u come to ny and see how good u r theres a tourny every friday
NY is annoying to get to. Tolls and stuff. Then parking in the city is gay as hell. Also some of the rules seem iffy.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
I beat your brother 2-0 in a money match after the tournament. I also almost always beat Atomsk, who beat him in tourny. >_>;

I was talking trash. I think you, Snakeee, NinjaLink, and Wes are pretty darn good. Snakeee uses an underrated character and Wes can win with trash.

NY is annoying to get to. Tolls and stuff. Then parking in the city is gay as hell. Also some of the rules seem iffy.
what rules seem iffy

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
I saw a low time limit, sudden deaths counting, and some bad stages allowed. Has that been changed?
none has that ever happend

time is 7 min a game

sudden deaths dont count u both go to 1 stock and play it out

and what bad stages u talking about

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You don't do the percent rule? Someone can be at 200% and you can be at 0, and they can run the clock on you and get a one-stock re-do? That's awful.

I think I saw Hannenbow, Port Town, and Norfair on at some point. Probably other stuff, too.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
You don't do the percent rule? Someone can be at 200% and you can be at 0, and they can run the clock on you and get a one-stock re-do? That's awful.

I think I saw Hannenbow, Port Town, and Norfair on at some point. Probably other stuff, too.
how you gonna make fun of ny for having hanenbow on when we never had that stage on and oyu were the one who said that it should be a playable stage??!?!? :urg::confused:

norfair is on cuz we dont have the percent rule obviously ... so you cant win by being gay on that stage.

also **** the percent rule for being able to lose by 3%!!! lmao

.. port town is not playable either...

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Ankoku - you better play MB if you're gonna use a Ciel avatar haha.

Jman I'll MM you in Melee if you want Marth vs Fox, I'll win for sure.

And Hax even admitted the only reason he won was because I sd'd. If that isn't fine I'll mm him too.

EDIT: Shadow I think the percent rule is fair, I've won MB matches by like 100 dmg before (all characters have 11000 health, and it's harder to run the clock in smash (7 minutes) compared to other fighters (99 seconds per round for most).

Inui

Banned via Warnings
We banned Norfair and Hanenbow because they are insane. If I ever said Hanenbow was all right, I was wrong. I heard from some NJ people that Port Town was legal at an early weekly they went to.

The percent rule is more fair than running the clock when you're at 200% disadvantage to win.

Edit: Lord Knight eats space animals. I'll bet 5 dollars on him in that MM. Any takers?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord

And Hax even admitted the only reason he won was because I sd'd. If that isn't fine I'll mm him too.

EDIT: Shadow I think the percent rule is fair, I've won MB matches by like 100 dmg before (all characters have 11000 health, and it's harder to run the clock in smash (7 minutes) compared to other fighters (99 seconds per round for most).
i think there should be an extent to it then lord knight.
i dont disagree with you on that it should exist but i dont think you should be able to win a serious match by camping for 3 minutes after someone has 3& more than you.. this happened to me against spam lmao but that's not my only reason for saying this.. that made me realize it though..

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Maybe Shadow. I lost a round to Kubuu from him camping for 7 minutes. There doesn't really need to be any extensions to it because:

A: Most people hate playing like that

and

B: It's still 7 whole minutes with 3 stocks.

I've only had 2 matches run to the timer so far. The percent rule is fine as is. What I don't agree with in NY is the 2 stage bans per player AND a stage strike, wtf? You may as well just play FD the entire set then.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion

if i get back in to melee sure

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
LK: At this point I have way more experience in Tsukihime than I do in Melty Blood, haha. I haven't even taken the time to get a copy of MBAC yet, I just had a random MB Re-ACT a while ago that I messed around on, though I do plan to pick up MB after I've finished all the paths in Tsukihime.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
LK- yea i see what you're saying and yea it does get annoying having the 2 bans + stage strike.. i tihnk just 1 stage strike and 1 ban would be good.. stage strike should def be in there. i think that's fair.

also .. losing by 3 percent though .. cmonn lmao. how is that fair and where is the logic in that?? (this is not a wway of johning for my fight against teh spammerer lol just saying my opinion)

if ur up by over 50 % ok sure you have a great lead and will probably win that stock.. ( not definite though) but losing by 1-20% is kinda crappy lol.. how does that make you the winner?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
i disagree... you get a second chance with the way you said.. some1 winning by an extremely low percent and you not getting another shot at winning that doesnt seem quite as fair.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You need to pay more attention to the timer and don't let yourself get into that situation.

Someone having a 200% disadvantage, camping the clock, and then winning the one-stock re-do sounds more awful to me.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
alright, then as i said.. have your rule but it would be more fair if the rule stated that it would go to 1 stock if your only winning by less than 50 %

i truly think that is the most fair example of what the rule should be.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Maybe.

Thankfully I play Marth and I destroy my opponents in far less than 7 minutes, including teh_spamerer's homosexual Jigglypuff. ;)

OHSNAPZ trash talk, Kashif. Get at me with some VENGENCE next tourny.

Top Bottom