• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Moneymatches/callouts/trashtalk thread from NY

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nick riddle i'll mm your link w/ ike
$20 if you want, but idrc it can be $5 or something too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sounds good bro.

Is Brianna coming this time? She owes me a plushie from last year >:U

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yes she is.
What's the plush? She's finishing up her commissions. School kinda hit her hard this year. :(

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Okay so I'm down for $20 each character: DK, Wolf, Luigi, Pit, Ganon, Mario, Marth, ZSS, Link.
All against your Bowser. Do you accept all of these? :)

Riddle me this...
What has 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 dollars left in his bank account, and 2 minutes until they start complaining about project m before deciding to go back to Brawl?

A broken hearted Bowser player at Apex with an undeserved sense of overconfidence that was in way over his head because he was brainwashed into thinking Florida, although they have Disney world, had some kind of a chance against the gahlike competitive ability of NY, the likes of which our lost little tripping Brawl player has never seen.
;)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Okay so I'm down for $20 each character: DK, Wolf, Luigi, Pit, Ganon, Mario, Marth, ZSS, Link.
All against your Bowser. Do you accept all of these? :)

Riddle me this...
What has 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 dollars left in his bank account, and 2 minutes until they start complaining about project m before deciding to go back to Brawl?

A broken hearted Bowser player at Apex with an undeserved sense of overconfidence that was in way over his head because he was brainwashed into thinking Florida, although they have Disney world, had some kind of a chance against the gahlike competitive ability of NY, the likes of which our lost little tripping Brawl player has never seen.
;)
How about we start with the DK one and we work it out from there.
I won't put $180 on the line in one go. I'm confident, but I've never put nearly that much money down for a game I actually practice.

However, seeing as how I'm going to be taking the first twenty, I'm sure we'll eventually get around to doing all the MMs, as I laugh louder and louder while I destroy the "gahlike" ability you believe you have~

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Ok since you're gonna retire after getting trashed hard by the first character or so, lets say you pick 2 of the characters I listed and pre-emptively agree to $50 each?

Lets go, put your money where your mouth is brah. ;)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Ok since you're gonna retire after getting trashed hard by the first character or so, lets say you pick 2 of the characters I listed and pre-emptively agree to $50 each?

Lets go, put your money where your mouth is brah. ;)
I'll do Marth and Luigi for $50 each.
I'll also do my Link vs. your Marth for $50.

D

Deleted member

Eli vs Umbreon - Best of 5 or 7. $? Eli has to use random character. Umbreon can use whoever, it's free anyway. Can't wait to get trashed.

You'd get trashed even if you could play a real character.

You can **** talk me back btw. I know it's in good fun and I desperately miss it from when the smash community was good 8+ years ago.

edit: jesus christ is the $100 MM with galolol vs peef a real thing? i'm gonna need a face mask and a priest to watch that slaughter.

Scythe

Smash Master
I really want to play as many people at apex as possible. i'd like to get in Bo5s with everyone in your crew but we'll see if there's enough time for all that come tourney time.

D

Deleted member

thats it, i'm officially following/stalking your crew for apex.

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
YO ELI I'M CALLIN YOU OUT BRAH. Money Match Tetris style $10 then I'm gonna mess you up with mah mad Ganon styles MMMMMMMMM

The_NZA

Smash Lord
This is my callout: Any BR member who thought I wasn't good enough for a QA tester position, i'll happily money match you for $3-5 and show you how silly you all seem to me.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
$5 vs my Diddy or MK, you can choose. For another $5 I can show you how to wavedash and L-cancel too so you can at least demonstrate that in your vidz and have a slightly better chance in your next playtester app.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I'll go for $3 on each of those, FreeR member. Don't want to take too much money from the guys developing my favorite game.

EDIT:

Hell, i'll even take you on with a character in the bottom half of the cast that has only seen nerfs in the last 12 months.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Yeah that would def be something more impressive to add to your playtester resume next time. Better than "Yeah I beat my 8-year old cousins in PM all the time. I'm good."

Any character is fine with me, homie!

Top Bottom