• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Moneymatches/callouts/trashtalk thread from NY

D

Deleted member

Doesn't sethlon hate doubles...?
Why would he ask for a doubles mm.

D

Deleted member

especially with marth/roy.

how to beat a team with marth/roy on it: kill the marth/roy player lol

characters are buns in teams.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Zach, it's because of how well Sethlon and I did at ETFC. We won 1st, and only lost 2 games total. One to Denti + ALSM, one to Oracle + Austin

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
Big kuddos to Frozen for handily taking the Lucario ditto. I got the A game coming for you son.
Respect to Gallo for trying the Lucario ditto but getting toasted, and winning back some money and honor by breaking out your Mario for a win.
Eli, imma let you practice some more, no need to embarrass you and take your money. You can try to take me in NY when I come back for Frozen.
Thanks NY for putting up with mad people up in there.

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff Vanguard, no doubt you're a top lucario.
With money matches, my Mario and Pit held it down for me. The only MMs I lost all weekend were with Falcon and Lucario.
The biggest disappointment of Apex was TX vs NY not happening. Next big PM tournament it's going down.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
So yea I made $158 in money matches.
Props to Oracle being the only person who won a money match against me.
Gahlike.
I approve.
Who did you play out of curiousity and did a lot of PM MM's get recorded?
I wanted to watch Jolteon MM'ing few people like you since he drowned in pools but apparently he ran out of money so he can't MM anyone :(

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
azprojectmelee recorded an insane amount of MMs, including our crew battle with Easton Smash.
I also have a few MMs recorded as well as a ton of hype sets.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Yeah was really disappointed TX vs NY didn't happen. After playing you guys individually I think it would have been really close and soooooo hype. You guys were also some of the chillest people to meet and hang with. We're gonna try our best to make it out to LTC2 in the summer!

Frozen vs Vanguard was fun as hell to watch. Half the time I didn't know what the heck was happening but I still got uber excited whenever a DBZ combo was done!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm glad, I wanted to see a lot of MM and such. Can't wait to see it get uploaded.

Shame you got M2K'd Eli. How was the set vs ESAM?

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I approve.
Who did you play out of curiousity and did a lot of PM MM's get recorded?
I wanted to watch Jolteon MM'ing few people like you since he drowned in pools but apparently he ran out of money so he can't MM anyone :(
I beat Rat in 2 $5 mms, DK vs Wolf and Luigi vs Wolf
I beat Blink in a $30 Pit ditto
I beat Scythe in $5 DK vs Wolf
I beat Denti in a $5 DK vs Ivysaur and $10 Luigi vs Ivysaur
I beat Bwett in $5 DK vs Squirtle
I beat Rizner in $5 DK vs Zelda and Kirby
Strong Bad and I beat Oracle and Blink for $5 double DK vs double Ike
Easton PA crew battle I got $15 and didn't even have to play
Strong Bad won an $100 money match pretending to be me and gave me $50 LMFAOOOO
And I lost $5 to Oracle DK vs ROB
NickRiddle and I never met, but when I mentioned it to ESAM he said his brother was ******** for wanting to mm me and probably doesn't play pm anymore

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I'm glad, I wanted to see a lot of MM and such. Can't wait to see it get uploaded.

Shame you got M2K'd Eli. How was the set vs ESAM?
ESAM is amazing with Samus and I wasn't really prepared for it. Also DK can't combo Samus, like not even like other floaties, it's harder than comboing Luigi or Zelda or Ivysaur. Plus that tether recovery and millions of projectiles. I should have went Luigi or Pit. But too late now.
I was playing like garbage against m2k,super nervous. First thing I did was grab him and cargo throw forward lol. Way too nervous.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I beat Rat in 2 $5 mms, DK vs Wolf and Luigi vs Wolf
I beat Blink in a $30 Pit ditto
I beat Scythe in $5 DK vs Wolf
I beat Denti in a $5 DK vs Ivysaur and $10 Luigi vs Ivysaur
I beat Bwett in $5 DK vs Squirtle
I beat Rizner in $5 DK vs Zelda and Kirby
Strong Bad and I beat Oracle and Blink for $5 double DK vs double Ike
Easton PA crew battle I got $15 and didn't even have to play
Strong Bad won an $100 money match pretending to be me and gave me $50 LMFAOOOO
And I lost $5 to Oracle DK vs ROB
NickRiddle and I never met, but when I mentioned it to ESAM he said his brother was ******** for wanting to mm me and probably doesn't play pm anymore
Excellent stuff, Eli. I wish I would have gone to APEX so I could lose money to you too lol. Also lmfao @ Strong Badam Strong Badam grime. That's hype either way though, lol.

I imagine that DK vs Samus isn't super fun.

Metà

Smash Master
I'm actually kind of sad I didn't get to play you, Eli. I probably wouldn't have money matched you, because I decided after getting there that this wasn't my tournament. I had a long list of people I wanted to play, with up to $20 on the line. I played one $5 money match against zachattack and barely lost, and spent the rest of the tournament just watching smash and meeting people. After losing to Denti in loser's bracket of PM, I also mm'd him and lost $10, 3-0.

The amount of trash talk coming from Oracle and his friend behind me was over-whelming. I felt personally insulted from game 1 on, and threw away stock after stock approaching him relentlessly, trying to prove myself. I got gimped like a motherf*cker. Ivysaur is a grimy character, but I won't take away from Denti's win. He's a better player than I am. I told him this in person and I'll say it here.

I can't say I blame him (Oracle). I insulted him and every other PM player in this thread when I posted what amounted to internet hate speech, saying that PM players are 'frauds' who can't play Melee. I can't take back what I said. I literally said that he's a worse player than me, based on no evidence but the fact that he played a different game than me. I would have talked the same amount of ****. Probably more because I know how to be obnoxious about video game superiority LOL

Anyway, I went back to my room for about an hour, missing the beginning of Melee top 8. I was crying as I left the venue. It was the first time I've ever cried over a video game. After this, I came to the conclusion that I should quit Smash. I'm not entering another tournament for a very long time, at least, not with the intent of proving myself to others. My competitive nature brings out the worst in me. If I hadn't attended this I may not have realized this. I want to apologize for any past vendettas, because I took Melee way too seriously. The only thing Eli really said to me after I apologized to him was, "it's just a game." He was right. I'm retiring after 8 years of constant tournament pressure, and I think that speaks for itself. A great weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and now I'm free to just enjoy the game and the community. You know, like what games are for.

From now on, I'm going to focus exclusively on promoting Melee and PM, and continue running my biweekly Melee/PM tournaments. My role in the community isn't that of a top player, it's as a community leader and supporter of the competitive game. I can close that chapter of my life now, and move on to other things. I'll probably keep playing Smash as long as I can, but not the same way I used to. I'm even dropping Jigglypuff in Melee after 8 years of maining her, to play Donkey Kong. I feel like I achieved spiritual Smash enlightenment at this tournament. As silly as it sounds, this game means a lot to me. This community means a lot to me. Apex 2014 changed my life. Now I can graduate university and stop chasing the dream of being the best. I'm not locking the door, just closing it. I've spent 15 years playing Smash, and I love it more now after this tournament than I ever did.

It doesn't matter what game we're pkaying, as long as it has little Nintendo characters battling on precarious platforms. I'll leave it at that, I just spent over an hour typing this on my phone at 2 am while high and sleep-deprived from Apex lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

... I never went to Apex. You didn't play me. You probably played xeven or something.

D

Deleted member

Jesus Christ, did you guys impersonate me as well vs meta >_>

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Trash talk is just a part of the game, bro. Crewmates will naturally cheer for each other and try to unease the opponent by spitting that trash. It's a part of the tournament scene, and yeah you shouldn't ever take it to heart. It's just a game.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Had a great time playing everyone! Super props to all the NY people and the amount of skill they brought. Come to LTC please! that will be so hype!

Metà

Smash Master
lmao who was the Ivysaur player that money matched me on thursday in room 210 at around 12:30 am? pretty sure they said their name was zachattack or something

see you guys at apex 2015

D

Deleted member

I'm a toonlink main, Denti is an ivysaur player from TX if thats who you mean.
Uhh... guys, you didn't impersonate me right?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL @ Strong Badam Strong Badam and @ ELI-mination ELI-mination who did you guys do that to????
I'm not even from the US and I know what you two look like and I thought someone would at least be familiar with one of you guys face to not be deceived.
He has to be at least good to be willing to MM for that amount and people who are good are usually familiar with the scene lol... :confused:

I approve of that tactic btw, keep it up.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It was Mask, he was a good sport about it and he was actually a lot better than I expected him to be. Pretty solid Zard imo.

BlinkIV

Avenger
NY is probably the most chill crew ever.

I'd do shoutouts but..there's only 2 people that deserve them.

1. DANKEY KANG

2. UNCLE JULIO

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lmao who was the Ivysaur player that money matched me on thursday in room 210 at around 12:30 am? pretty sure they said their name was zachattack or something

see you guys at apex 2015
NakAttack? AttackOnNakis?

Metà

Smash Master
yeah i probably misheard him lol

and no it wasn't denti. he was in my bracket pool though, iirc

also, 3-stocking amsa's yoshi twice in a row felt very strange, considering yoshi is supposed to be a better character in PM...... does his parry not work the same way? or at all? it seemed like he was hopelessly trying to parry my down-airs and just kept getting flash'd in the face :( i even taught him how to pivot grab after our set and he still lost in loser's finals lol

still, he got 3rd seed in our pool and had played the game on exactly two occasions prior, so yeah

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
who got 2nd in your pool, do you know?

parry doesn't work properly unfortunately =(

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I'm actually kind of sad I didn't get to play you, Eli. I probably wouldn't have money matched you, because I decided after getting there that this wasn't my tournament. I had a long list of people I wanted to play, with up to $20 on the line. I played one $5 money match against zachattack and barely lost, and spent the rest of the tournament just watching smash and meeting people. After losing to Denti in loser's bracket of PM, I also mm'd him and lost $10, 3-0.

The amount of trash talk coming from Oracle and his friend behind me was over-whelming. I felt personally insulted from game 1 on, and threw away stock after stock approaching him relentlessly, trying to prove myself. I got gimped like a motherf*cker. Ivysaur is a grimy character, but I won't take away from Denti's win. He's a better player than I am. I told him this in person and I'll say it here.

I can't say I blame him (Oracle). I insulted him and every other PM player in this thread when I posted what amounted to internet hate speech, saying that PM players are 'frauds' who can't play Melee. I can't take back what I said. I literally said that he's a worse player than me, based on no evidence but the fact that he played a different game than me. I would have talked the same amount of ****. Probably more because I know how to be obnoxious about video game superiority LOL

Anyway, I went back to my room for about an hour, missing the beginning of Melee top 8. I was crying as I left the venue. It was the first time I've ever cried over a video game. After this, I came to the conclusion that I should quit Smash. I'm not entering another tournament for a very long time, at least, not with the intent of proving myself to others. My competitive nature brings out the worst in me. If I hadn't attended this I may not have realized this. I want to apologize for any past vendettas, because I took Melee way too seriously. The only thing Eli really said to me after I apologized to him was, "it's just a game." He was right. I'm retiring after 8 years of constant tournament pressure, and I think that speaks for itself. A great weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and now I'm free to just enjoy the game and the community. You know, like what games are for.

From now on, I'm going to focus exclusively on promoting Melee and PM, and continue running my biweekly Melee/PM tournaments. My role in the community isn't that of a top player, it's as a community leader and supporter of the competitive game. I can close that chapter of my life now, and move on to other things. I'll probably keep playing Smash as long as I can, but not the same way I used to. I'm even dropping Jigglypuff in Melee after 8 years of maining her, to play Donkey Kong. I feel like I achieved spiritual Smash enlightenment at this tournament. As silly as it sounds, this game means a lot to me. This community means a lot to me. Apex 2014 changed my life. Now I can graduate university and stop chasing the dream of being the best. I'm not locking the door, just closing it. I've spent 15 years playing Smash, and I love it more now after this tournament than I ever did.

It doesn't matter what game we're pkaying, as long as it has little Nintendo characters battling on precarious platforms. I'll leave it at that, I just spent over an hour typing this on my phone at 2 am while high and sleep-deprived from Apex lol
You were one of the awesomest people I met and definitely BY FAR the most entertaining wolf. Really hope I see you in the future.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Gallo, Gurukid, Eli, Zhime, and the NYC crew for being so hospitable to host me, my brother, and cousin on the last day of Apex. You guys were seriously the chillest folks and I can't wait to make a trip to NYC to chill with y'all. I lost all my preplanned money matches, but brought a few of them close (Gurukid Metaknight 1-2, Strongbad Wario 1-2 (right?) Gallo Lucas 1-2). For a first national, I was pretty happy with my performance.

As for my pools, It was an honor to lose to you, Eli, in Ness dittos. You retain the title of number 1 ness. Until we meet again.

Frozen: You were by and away the most exciting player to watch. More exciting than Armada, M2k, or hell, even Eli. You and Zhime have convinced me that I need to start playing online. I hope to see you at future events and I'm sad I didn't get to beat Salem to end up facing you in our pools.

Shoutouts to Bryonato and Mark for being homies. Shoutouts to Vanguard for talking Ness game design--my channels of communication are always open. It was fun playing with Blink in the last hours we were in the venue. That Ness v. Ganon match was hype (sorry I got tooo hype).

It was grand, y'all.

Also, highlight of the weekend was rocking Umbreon's shiek after he talked all kinds of **** at a Mcdonalds for being the #1 Zelda in melee and the #2 Marth in the world, presently.

Metà

Smash Master
You were one of the awesomest people I met and definitely BY FAR the most entertaining wolf. Really hope I see you in the future.
you don't know how happy this post makes me. all I've ever strived for in competitive Melee is to do what others haven't. I realized this, after all the games I played, people I educated, and new friends I made from around the world

and I have no idea who the hell you are lmao. when did we play? what day

Top Bottom