• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOMAID 2! 1/6/07, the 2007 Florida Tournament Scene Kickoff!

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
XIF once again proudly presents...

MOMAID 2

Muster Oodles of Money for an Adequate Indemnity Deposit

The Story:

If you went to the last MOMAID, or have been to my house at all, you know whats up. Our hospitality is just too good! But we ask for very little in return. Especially this tournament, The entire doorfee and tournament fee system is going to change and it will look alot different than what I did before, or what anyone has done before!

The Venue:

My house! which is...

3678 San Simeon Circle
Weston, FL 33331

Call me at 954-888-9065 weekdays from 4-11 PM, or weekends from noon to midnight. If you can't reach me there, you might be able to get a hold of me at 954-919-8199

The House Rules:

---The doors open at 9 AM, and teams will start at 12 noon SHARPLY. If you come after 12 hoping to enter teams, you better hope its within the first round of winners or losers where i can stick you in a bye.

---Keep it clean, and I mean the house. Cursing, trash talk, and even a small amount of yelling is actually encouraged.

---The Refridgerator and Pantry is COMPLETELY OFF LIMITS. I cant have the same ol' same ol' stealing and **** I had before, c'mon guys.

---Whatever the MOM of MOMAID says, goes.

Food:

No sandwiches this time, and I'm sorry but it really hurt the flow of the tournament. What I will do is sell hotdogs for a dollar with some chips and a large soda for like 50 cents.

There is a McDonalds, a Wendy's, a Burger King and a Taco Bell within 5 minutes of my house. If you want to organize a mass pizza order, then that's fine too, but keep it to one or two mass orders.

Entrance and Payouts:

This is the main change to MOMAID. There is a 20 dollar doorfee, this is to get into the house and if you dont have 20 dollars then you'll be sent on your way. This tournament is being announced WAY in advanced so there are to be no sob stories. Now, this 20 dollars, 100% of it goes into the singles pot, regardless of whether you enter or not. Last tournament had around 12 people during singles not enter and another 8 or so leave before singles, seriously deflating the singles attendance and the pot. You go to smashfests if you just want to smash. A tournament is for competition plus just smashing. Anyone who enters and pays the doorfee now enters the tournament.

Teams will be collected seperately and will be 30 dollars per team.

Payout for both Teams and Singles will be 60-30-10.

Singles Rules:

---Pools for seeding/elimination (possibly) plus a double elimination bracket.

---Double Blind Pick may be called at any time during a set.

---The stages are once again Final Destination, Dreamland 64, and Pokemon Stadium ONLY. Random first, then loser can counter pick.

--- IC infinite is BANNED as a STALLING tactic, anything past 250% will forfeit your current stock, and this is a strict strict rule, 1 percent above and you will lose a stock. I reserve the right to assign a judge to any IC match to enforce this.

--- All stalling tactics like rising pound and wallbomb are also banned, but may be used for recovery. Excessive stalling of this kind has a consequence of losing your current stock.

--- Controller mods are also banned, of any kind. Doing so will Disqualify you from the tournament.

--- Excessive and unneccessary pausing is also banned. Doing so has a consequence of losing your current stock.

---There will be a minimum of 7 man pools to determine seedings, and possibly elimination. All pool matches will be best 2/3.

--- All normal bracket play is best 2/3, with winners, losers, and grand finals being best of 5. If the same 2 people meet from anywhere in the tournament into another regular 2/3 losers bracket match, that match will become a best 4/7 with the current match standing carried over. In any of the finals this will be a best 6/11, this is regardless of whether the previous meet up was in a finals match or not. To give an example. A and B fight first round and A wins 2-1. A nd B meet up again in the losers in what would be a 2/3, but instead go into a 4/7, with A carrying over his 2 wins, and B carrying over his 1 win. A and B could have also met in one of the finals and had to of done a best of 11, A carrying over his 2 wins, and B carrying over his 1. Had A and B been in winners finals, and A had won 3-2, and the met up again in the grand finals, the set would be 6/11, A carrying over his 3 wins, and B carrying over his 2 wins.

Teams Rules:

Exactly the same as singles, except there will be no pools, and double blind pick would become a quadruple blind pick. >_>;

Televisions and Gamecubes

I NEED TVS AND CUBES! THE LAST MOMAID WAS SUCH A HUGE SUCCESS THANKS IN PART TO THE GENEROUS AMOUNT OF TVS AND CUBES PEOPLE BROUGHT! DO YOUR PART... please.

Televisions
TV1: XIF
TV2: XIF
TV3: XIF
TV4: McScruff
TV5: Nicholas.Riddle
TV6: Nafix
TV7: Nafix

Gamecubes
GC1: XIF
GC2: XIF
GC3: Riot (cause it too is being held hostage)
GC4: McScruff
GC5: Nicholas.Riddle
GC6:
GC7:

PS:

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

Zatren6

Smash Apprentice
thats a good amount of money, but it seems worth it, The last one was just too good. I'll try to be there, I'll let you know for sure when it gets closer...

No sandwiches? ;_;

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I think we might be able to make it, most likely if we do come, I will bring a T.V. and 2 cubes. If you want I'll use the Wii as a gamecube, the quality of SSBM on it looks awesome. Maybe though maybe, I don't want it stolen lol.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm coming to this. I'll bring a television, and a Wii instead of a cube. Like the idea for the door-fee being the singles entrance fee. Now nobody can skip out on the main tournament, and they can't sneak into the tournament without paying you. XIF, wanna MM $5.00?

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
i might come and actually participate this time but like before the stage selection makes me flacid and bored

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
I like that its reasonable lets just hope people arn't lame *****es when they play me

Linguini

Smash Master
Im going to be out for winter break until teh 8th so i think you should move the tourney to like 2 weeks after break ends, bc I think alot of peeps will be out too, right peeps?

Shin Chaos

Smash Apprentice
my fat whale cocked friend xif if this is going to be the first tournament of the year you should do young's idea of points!

XIF

Smash Master
i liked the date because its a first weekend of the year, plus on a weekend where most people are still on winter break but are back from vacation. I dont see why this being a week before the first ZP is bad. But if everyone really wants it to be on another day, then i'll change it. It's early on enough to do so.

PS: i like maverick lame attempt of defending himself. I wouldnt mind so much if he hasnt leeched the fvck out of me, my mom, and our house for free.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Key to winning this tourney:

Master the ICs freeze glitch, use it in every match, do between 200% and 250%, grab f-smash ftw!

Nah, I'm sorry SFL, I wanna come down to a tourney down there, but the lack of stages and scheduling keeps me from this one.

Although, the door fee = singles pot is a good idea...

3 stages is not enough....I'm sorry, it's just not. You can ban gay stages like Onett, Pipes, Temple, etc...but to ban all but 3 is excessive and boring...

I know you've defended this a lot...so I won't dwell on it.

XIF

Smash Master
I may switch this to sometime late in januaryso that more people can come.

fenrir: thats cool, although i dont think stages should really be a deciding factor of whether or not you go to a tournament. I dont agree with almost all other tournament's stage selection but i live with it.

I may switch this to sometime late in januaryso that more people can come.

fenrir: thats cool, although i dont think stages should really be a deciding factor of whether or not you go to a tournament. I dont agree with almost all other tournament's stage selection but i live with it.
agreed. deal with it like man

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
This is Esam.
Thank you Xif for not totally banning the IC infinite. I really like the idea of having door fee is the singles pot. I wanted to try a Xifwich though. DIdn't get to last time ;_;

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Ehh I don't really feel like going to a tournament for a while so I'll see what happens until then. For now count my brothers and I in as maybes.

Kou1030

Smash Cadet
Put me down as a probably, like I think i'll be going, but stuff always comes up at the last minute for me. gotta rep that doc! whys riddle + seibriks tourney gonna be within 2 days of this one? especially during winter break when alot of people travel etc, should push at least one of the tourneys back to mid/late jan

Top Bottom