• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
your just biasd against mog.

now...STFU AND GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
platnum, only a idiotic n00b uses so many smilies and exclamation marks.

And you are biased for Mog. How bout them cookies?

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I never said what I said goes against Cloud or Squall. I was just stating it.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
You know what? I want to know why you think Cloud, Terra, Squall, & Black Mage would make better options, because Mog is just as unique as all of them, nearly as retro as Black Mage, and belongs to a reoccuring race of Moogles that have been around since FFIII.
No one would give a **** about what he thinks. It's fact, that they're MUCH more iconic. Sega sent Sonic to represent them. If they didn't care about iconisism, they'd of sent NiGHTs or Vectorman.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
No one would give a **** about what he thinks. It's fact, that they're MUCH more iconic. Sega sent Sonic to represent them.
Sakurai expressed his dislike of putting characters in just because they are popular. Sega, Square, etc. should give a **** about what he thinks because hes the one who decides who gets in and who doesn't.

If they didn't care about iconisism, they'd of sent NiGHTs or Vectorman.
Both of whom would make very interesting and very cool PCs imo.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Platnum, if you keep spamming I will begin to start throwing out infractions. This is your one and only warning. So that means no more double posting, ridiculous bumps, and ******** flaming of those with opposing opinions.

platnum

Smash Lord
IM SORRY.

From now on i will respond inteligently and will no longer flame the oposition.

again sorry.*puts past behind self*

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
IM SORRY.

From now on i will respond inteligently and will no longer flame the oposition.

again sorry.*puts past behind self*
*Hugs platnum*

Please don't leave me alone with these Mog naysayers. I can't defend Mog by myself. =o)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What is there to defend? Side characters don't make it before the leads of their games and I doubt that's gonna happen with a third party.
Vesper, I want you to tell me who the main protagonist of FF VI was.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Terra, by far.

Either way, now you're gonna tell me how important Mog is to the plot of FFVI, when you can even choose to not take him with you?
So you say Terra is the main protagonist of FF VI? Interesting my friend.

Ok now I want you to tell me why Terra is the main protagonist of FF VI.

vesperview

Smash Hero

Because the entire plot revolves around Terra, because Terra is the first character you use in the game and the character that unravels the entire plot, please, it's fairly obvious, not to mention her theme is the main theme of the game, don't try to make this an argument because it's far from being one, now tell me what does Mog have over Terra, in terms of Final Fantasy VI.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Are you SERIOUSLY that stubborn? Not only did a entire half of the game revolved around her, but she was the bridge between the Espers and the humans (or whatever they called them in that game.)

If I'm not mistaken, she, Locke, and Celes were necessary to get at the end of the game. Which means one of them is the main character. Which means Mog ISN'T...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Are you SERIOUSLY that stubborn? Not only did a entire half of the game revolved around her, but she was the bridge between the Espers and the humans (or whatever they called them in that game.)
Are you seriously that desperate to crown a main protagonist in FF 6? Terra was not even the focal point of many of the telling events that took place in the game. The poisoning of Doma, the draining of the Espers at the Magitek Research Facility, the killing of General Leo, the shifting of the World of Balance to the World of Ruin. You aren't even required to end the game with Terra. So no an entire half of the game did not revolve around her! You have got to be kidding me. Her backstory was most closely related to the Empire and the world of Espers, both of which became irrelevant after Kefka screwed things up. Kefka had ceased to care about Terra before the Empire had even crumbled, because when it comes down to it, Terra was just a temporary puppet in Kefka's quest for ultimate power. One which Kefka became pissed that he lost, but one that he didn't even need to achieve his goal in the first place.

If I'm not mistaken, she, Locke, and Celes were necessary to get at the end of the game. Which means one of them is the main character. Which means Mog ISN'T...
Huh? You just told me how half of the game revolved around Terra only to tell me she is simply one of 3 possible candidates for the main protagonist title? Wow. Sounds like Terra is the obvious main protagonist for FF 6. :rolleyes:

She is more important than Mog, I will say that much, but she is clearly not the main hero in FF VI because there is no one hero who the entire story actually revolves around.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Huh? You just told me how half of the game revolved around Terra only to tell me she is simply one of 3 possible candidates for the main protagonist title? Wow. Sounds like Terra is the obvious main protagonist for FF 6. :rolleyes:

She is more important than Mog, I will say that much, but she is clearly not the main hero in FF VI because there is no one hero who the entire story actually revolves around.
I was explaining what you asked. Why Terra would be considered the main character of FFVI. Of course she isn't THE main character. There are four... but I can't think of the other one... I think it was Sabin, but I'm not sure.

And the reason I said the "Stubborn" thing is because... well... you compare every single thing to Mog's importance.. which of course, is non-existent. So if you weren't, sorry.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Are you seriously that desperate to crown a main protagonist in FF 6? Terra was not even the focal point of many of the telling events that took place in the game. The poisoning of Doma, the draining of the Espers at the Magitek Research Facility, the killing of General Leo, the shifting of the World of Balance to the World of Ruin. You aren't even required to end the game with Terra. So no an entire half of the game did not revolve around her! You have got to be kidding me. Her backstory was most closely related to the Empire and the world of Espers, both of which became irrelevant after Kefka screwed things up. Kefka had ceased to care about Terra before the Empire had even crumbled, because when it comes down to it, Terra was just a temporary puppet in Kefka's quest for ultimate power. One which Kefka became pissed that he lost, but one that he didn't even need to achieve his goal in the first place.
What a nice way to belittle Terra's role in the game only so it fits your standards, it's a fact that Terra is the most important character in the game, maybe not the lead, but definitely the most important character, most of the characters get involved with the plot because of her.

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
Plus, you're giving them a Black Mage and Summoner moveset... a Mog wouldn't summon Bahamut is unheard of, they were in your party in VI and could do it, but that's not what mogs are about, and calling a chocobo to do Choco/Mog just for a Side B is way too much, you obviously haven't played a Final Fantasy game in your life.
when we talk about Mog in brawl we mean that he would be the only representative of ff in brawl so its fine for fine for him to have attacks that other characters then him.....remember Ness

And if a Moogle made it in Mario 3 on 3 hoops that has to mean something and to whoever said Geno didnt have a chance one word ***!

And i would like to join:)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
As far as FFVI goes, I think the first half of the game focuses on Terra and the second half Celes. Locke was really important, seeing how he was pimping both of them, but the fact that you don't have to get Locke after the world got ****ed up by Kefka in order to beat the game kinda downplays him a bit.

That said, Locke is my 2nd favorite Final Fantasy character. My favorite is Ramza :-P.

Mog is the ****, although I wish dancing was more effective.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What a nice way to belittle Terra's role in the game only so it fits your standards, it's a fact that Terra is the most important character in the game, maybe not the lead, but definitely the most important character, most of the characters get involved with the plot because of her.
If Terra is not the lead, a character which by your own admission is the most important character in the game, then what is stopping Mog from being considered since you said:

Side characters don't make it before the leads of their games and I doubt that's gonna happen with a third party.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
My point is, that while there is no lead, Mog is not even relevant to the story, he is a side character even if there is no lead in the game and you know it.
Mog doesn't need to be relevant to the story in order to be considered. Last I checked, Pikachu wasn't the focus behind the Pokemon games. Pokemon Trainer was. Is Pikachu more popular than Mog? Absolutely!

But I will tell you this, he does not fit your criteria for the PC selection process which is: being the lead of your game.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Mog doesn't need to be relevant to the story in order to be considered. Last I checked, Pikachu wasn't the focus behind the Pokemon games. Pokemon Trainer was. Is Pikachu more popular than Mog? Absolutely!
How can you compare Pikachu, who's first party and is the leading Pokemon of the anime and was the focus of Pokemon Yellow to Mog? Third parties have to be more relevant to the story of their games than Mog is to his game.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

But I will tell you this, he does not fit your criteria for the PC selection process which is: being the lead of your game.
By the way, you actually played AS the pokemon in the game, so that's why they chose Pokemon instead of the trainer for Smash Bros in the first place. Just after years of consideration by the team, Pokemon Trainer became a character... but you STILL play as the pokemon.

Basically, every pokemon has an equal amount of being added, mainly because each pokemon is not truly a main character with no true relevance of the game. You CREATE their relevance to the game. And only popularity will tell whether they'll be added to Smash. (Well, Mewtwo technically has relevance...)

But in Final Fantasy's case, the characters actually HAVE relevance to the story and game. Which is WHY Mog wouldn't be chosen. He NEVER has ANY relevance to the game. (Not counting that mini-fight when they aided you.)

That fact is why, for example, is why a supporting character wouldn't be chosen over a main character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
By the way, you actually played AS the pokemon in the game, so that's why they chose Pokemon instead of the trainer for Smash Bros in the first place. Just after years of consideration by the team, Pokemon Trainer became a character... but you STILL play as the pokemon.

Basically, every pokemon has an equal amount of being added, mainly because each pokemon is not truly a main character with no true relevance of the game. You CREATE their relevance to the game. And only popularity will tell whether they'll be added to Smash. (Well, Mewtwo technically has relevance...)

But in Final Fantasy's case, the characters actually HAVE relevance to the story and game. Which is WHY Mog wouldn't be chosen. He NEVER has ANY relevance to the game. (Not counting that mini-fight when they aided you.)

That fact is why, for example, is why a supporting character wouldn't be chosen over a main character.
You FIGHT as the pokemon, both in pokemon games and in smash bros, but you ARE the trainer..

Elysium

Smash Lord
Crashing the Mog Thread!

My point is, that while there is no lead, Mog is not even relevant to the story, he is a side character even if there is no lead in the game and you know it.
Mog is a side character, just like that Yeti guy you can get in your party in FFVI. But if anything there is three leads. Locke and Terra and Celes would be them. But FFVI was weird since it switch stories, and main just about every character a main protagonist. Mog was like the comic relief character that could raise hell when needed.

Side note: Vote for Krystal!!! http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751&page=124

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mog is a side character, just like that Yeti guy you can get in your party in FFVI. But if anything there is three leads. Locke and Terra and Celes would be them. But FFVI was weird since it switch stories, and main just about every character a main protagonist. Mog was like the comic relief character that could raise hell when needed.

Side note: Vote for Krystal!!! http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751&page=124
Vote for Bowser, Krystal has NO right to get even half his votes

Edit: Mog is unimportant to the story at ALL even.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Vote for Bowser, Krystal has NO right to get even half his votes

Edit: Mog is unimportant to the story at ALL even.
Not cool. Bowser blows compared to Krystal.

on topic: Forgive my foggy memory, but wasn't Mog semi-important at one time in FFVI. It's been a couple years since i've played it, but didn't a character fall into the mine, and Mog helped them get out? That counts for something (if I remember correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom