• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not cool. Bowser Jr. blows compared to Krystal.

on topic: Forgive my foggy memory, but wasn't Mog semi-important at one time in FFVI. It's been a couple years since i've played it, but didn't a character fall into the mine, and Mog helped them get out? That counts for something (if I remember correctly)
Bowser Jr is deserving of nothing, but this is KING BOWSER we are talking about, not jr.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Not cool. Bowser blows compared to Krystal.

on topic: Forgive my foggy memory, but wasn't Mog semi-important at one time in FFVI. It's been a couple years since i've played it, but didn't a character fall into the mine, and Mog helped them get out? That counts for something (if I remember correctly)
Those were the ten Moogles, they were not Mog.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Basically, every pokemon has an equal amount of being added, mainly because each pokemon is not truly a main character with no true relevance of the game. You CREATE their relevance to the game. And only popularity will tell whether they'll be added to Smash. (Well, Mewtwo technically has relevance...)
Except in Yellow, where Pika was there no matter what if I remember correctly.

@psycho: My bad, I thought it said Jr.. I fixed it but my statement still stands though. I just hope Gimpy doesn't see it.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Except in Yellow, where Pika was there no matter what if I remember correctly.

@psycho: My bad, I thought it said Jr.. I fixed it but my statement still stands though. I just hope Gimpy doesn't see it.
Darnit, I mentioned that, but I deleted it! Thanks. lol.

Well, yeah, it had to do with the popularity of the show, of course. So that's why they made yellow.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
ANYWAY! lol. The point was you can't compare Pokemon to Final Fantasy.

The basis for characters for Pokemon would be merely popularity. (Except for certain ones. Like Mewtwo or Lucario. Most legendaries could never be characters, anyway.)

The basis for characters for pretty much ANY other game would be relevance. And some popularity, of course.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
By the way, you actually played AS the pokemon in the game, so that's why they chose Pokemon instead of the trainer for Smash Bros in the first place. Just after years of consideration by the team, Pokemon Trainer became a character... but you STILL play as the pokemon.
Be that as it may, the Pokemon Trainer was still the lead of the game and was actually playable to an extent (exploration, interaction, and Pokeball usage). Without a Pokemon Trainer, you can't be a Pokemon Master (selling point of the game & point of the game).

Basically, every pokemon has an equal amount of being added, mainly because each pokemon is not truly a main character with no true relevance of the game. You CREATE their relevance to the game. And only popularity will tell whether they'll be added to Smash. (Well, Mewtwo technically has relevance...)
The pokemon are not main characters and have no true relevance to the game (and still don't no matter how much you use and level them up), but Pokemon Trainer and Gym Leaders Mysty & Brock, the Elite Four, and Gary (Pokemon Trainer's rival in Blue/Red) are main characters and they do have relevance. You don't create a pokemon's relevance to the game, because no matter how much you level up Pikachu, he will never challenge a gym leader to a battle nor will he explore the Pokemon world and catch all 500+ pokemon for you. The pokemon are just instruments that the pokemon trainers use to heighten their standing in the competitive pokemon battling scene.

In the end, there was every reason to include Pokemon Trainer seeing how the trainer is undeniably a huge symbol of what the Pokemon universe is all about and as such is the reason why Pokemon games are structured the way they are.

But in Final Fantasy's case, the characters actually HAVE relevance to the story and game. Which is WHY Mog wouldn't be chosen. He NEVER has ANY relevance to the game. (Not counting that mini-fight when they aided you.)
Pokemon Trainer actually HAS relevance to the story and the game. You know this, but brush it aside just because he is only playable to an extent.

That fact is why, for example, is why a supporting character wouldn't be chosen over a main character.
You came away from your argument saying that the pokemon are not main characters with created relevance only to come back and say supporting characters won't be chosen over main ones? The pokemon ARE supporting characters and whether you like it or not, Pokemon trainer was and still is the captain of the ship.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Krystal, you obviously haven't watched the Pokemon anime nor the movies to be drawing such ridiculous comparisons.
The Brawl character selection process isn't based on the Pokemon anime. If that was the case Sakurai would have put Ash instead of "Pokemon Trainer".

vesperview

Smash Hero
The Brawl character selection process isn't based on the Pokemon anime. If that was the case Sakurai would have put Ash instead of "Pokemon Trainer".
Would Pikachu be relevant in Smash without the anime? Would Jigglypuff be relevant in Smash without the anime? Would Mewtwo be relevant in Smash without the movie? The only game oriented character is by far Pokemon Trainer, all of the others have gotten in based on the popularity of the anime or the movies, not to mention Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard had important roles in the anime, Pokemon aren't solely based on the games, otherwise Deoxys, Lucario and Darkrai wouldn't be held in such high regard to be considered playable, although Deoxys was pokeballed.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Get Back On Topic!!
Platnum, just to let you know, we were comparing Pokemon and Final Fantasy. We ARE on topic.

Anyway, the third party slots are limited, so Mog's chances are shot to hell, anyway. So far, they've been IMPORTANT characters. Characters you actually play as through most of the game that aren't optional.

I just don't want you guys to be disappointed when he's not in.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Platnum, just to let you know, we were comparing Pokemon and Final Fantasy. We ARE on topic.

Anyway, the third party slots are limited, so Mog's chances are shot to hell, anyway. So far, they've been IMPORTANT characters. Characters you actually play as through most of the game that aren't optional.

I just don't want you guys to be disappointed when he's not in.
That ain't on topic, go compare them somewhere else, right boss?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
No... it's not...

From what I've seen, trolling is saying a character "sucks" without giving any decent proof. Just being a complete d***, basically.

Did I do that? No. I gave reason. More than decent reason.

Three-Party character slots are limited, thus they would have to be truly important to be considered. Is Mog important? NO! He was NOT the main character. He was no where NEAR the main character. He was OPTIONAL! He did NOTHING of importance besides when he helps Locke (Or Sabin. Can't remember) save Terra. THAT'S IT!

Compare him to the near hundreds of other FF characters more qualified than him and he has NO CHANCE! How hard is that to understand?

BTW, I never said they were the same! Jesus, you people...

platnum

Smash Lord
No... it's not...

From what I've seen, trolling is saying a character "sucks" without giving any decent proof. Just being a complete d***, basically.

Three-Party character slots are limited, thus they would have to be truly important to be considered. Is Mog important? NO! He was NOT the main character. He was no where NEAR the main character. He was OPTIONAL! He did NOTHING of importance besides when he helps Locke (Or Sabin. Can't remember) save Terra. THAT'S IT!

Compare him to the near hundreds of other FF characters more qualified than him and he has NO CHANCE! How hard is that to understand?

that wasnt the trolling part.

this was:"you guys are rediculous"

platnum

Smash Lord
GET BACK ON TOPIC

GET BACON TOPIC

GETZORZ BACK ON TEH TOPICZ

G31 8ack 0n 10p1c!

KU PO KU KUPO!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
1st off, sorry, U didn't use the same, I know..
But who's to say a rep has to be "important"? Or if a rep IS important?
Was Pichu that important? Is squirtle important?
And the hundreds of other more qualified than him are people's opinions! Not facts!

Elysium

Smash Lord
No... it's not...

I got you. I see what you were saying from the start.
Because you are. And it wasn't trolling.

And you might wanna... GET BACK ON TOPIC!
Explaining the difference between two different series :: Too much
Trying to explain that a character holds extremely minimal importance in a series :: Too much
Dealing with thick-skulled individuals :: Too much
That post :: Priceless
GET BACK ON TOPIC

GET BACON TOPIC

G31 8ack 0n 10p1c!

KU PO KU KUPO!
:confused: Wow, plain and simple. Blayde tries to explain something, and thats how you respond after giving Blayde a hard time. wow

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
GET BACK ON TOPIC

GET BACON TOPIC

G31 8ack 0n 10p1c!

KU PO KU KUPO!
that wasnt the trolling part.

this was:"you guys are rediculous"
NO.

that IS trolling.
right.

10 char
that matters why?
advice:dont say hes unlikly mithout giving a reason.

read the 1st post!

kupo po di po diay
And this is spam, note that is from this page alone. You wonder why people don't like you Platnum. Can we please just ban Platnum and get on with our lives?

vesperview

Smash Hero
1st off, sorry, U didn't use the same, I know..
But who's to say a rep has to be "important"? Or if a rep IS important?
Was Pichu that important? Is squirtle important?
And the hundreds of other more qualified than him are people's opinions! Not facts!
How are those examples even relevant? Pichu is very similar to Pikachu, thus, he was in, Squirtle is important and as long as the most important (Pikachu), has made it, any character from his series can, Mog wouldn't be the first option for an FF rep by far.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
How are those examples even relevant? Pichu is very similar to Pikachu, thus, he was in, Squirtle is important and as long as the most important (Pikachu), has made it, any character from his series can, Mog wouldn't be the first option for an FF rep by far.
Pichu was in because of rising popularity because of the many cameos Pichu had in the anime and movies. Not for being a Pikachu look-alike. But anyways, yeah, Mogs are generic, and never had a game with a major role, or even a memerable role. Chocobos are like the Yoshis of FF, even THEY have a better chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom