• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
I've never really believed there was an interview that stated that no Final Fantasy characters could be in Brawl, no one's ever been able to provide a link for it.
You guys say the interview is common knowledge, yet when I say the same thing for Sora and him being owned by Disney, and I even ask on the KH2 board, and everyone who posts in the topic finds the information so common that they don't even need to bother with a link most of time, it doesn't count? That doesn't make sense, at least to me.
exactly!

DEBUNKED(officialy)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
You guys say the interview is common knowledge, yet when I say the same thing for Sora and him being owned by Disney, and I even ask on the KH2 board, and everyone who posts in the topic finds the information so common that they don't even need to bother with a link most of time, it doesn't count? That doesn't make sense, at least to me.
Well...you really can prove that rather easily just by booting up the game and knowing how to read. It's also on the box as well as on the KH website and images on the SE merchandise store.

This is a sheer lack of information. Anything that's common knowledge that's used for argumentative purposes should be found pretty easily if you're gonna throw it around without a second thought. If it's heard from someone else then they should be able to find it.

I've followed SSBB rather religiously without hearing anything like this. I remember this article which mentions Final Fantasy in SSBB and I can't find anything else. Its probably just hearsay and a big game of telephone combined with this conformist bias against Final Fantasy and the fierce dedication of the Geno thread regulars.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well...you really can prove that rather easily just by booting up the game and knowing how to read. It's also on the box as well as on the KH website and images on the SE merchandise store.

This is a sheer lack of information. Anything that's common knowledge that's used for argumentative purposes should be found pretty easily if you're gonna throw it around without a second thought. If it's heard from someone else then they should be able to find it.

I've followed SSBB rather religiously without hearing anything like this. I remember this article which mentions Final Fantasy in SSBB and I can't find anything else. Its probably just hearsay and a big game of telephone combined with this conformist bias against Final Fantasy and the fierce dedication of the Geno thread regulars.
Completely agree.

platnum

Smash Lord
conformist bias against Final Fantasy and the fierce dedication of the Geno thread regulars.

that prety mutch explanes the trolling(which is cleverly disguised as "intelegent posting")being done on this thread

I WIN.

NOW...be more open minded!

curse you bias!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Oh Smash boards, you've reached a new low. tsk tsk, such a shame.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Why is it bad for us to want a character in? Unless you work on Brawl personally, any character that has been on a Nintendo system has a chance. Some have better than others, and I believe that Mog has a good chance.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Why is it bad for us to want a character in? Unless you work on Brawl personally, any character that has been on a Nintendo system has a chance. Some have better than others, and I believe that Mog has a good chance.
We hate platnum, that's all.

Now, tell ME why he should be in. All opinions, will be ignored.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Can't you just stop posting, since why you're here is simply because of a person in this, and not Mog? I've argued a large amount, and I don't feel like coming up with a new argument. Somewhere in here should be something to convince you to at least leave us alone.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Can't you just stop posting, since why you're here is simply because of a person in this, and not Mog? I've argued a large amount, and I don't feel like coming up with a new argument. Somewhere in here should be something to convince you to at least leave us alone.
The interview deconfirms him. Even if the interview was disregarded, Nintendo would pick a more iconic character. Don't dismiss me just because your too **** lazy. It's called copy and paste. I do that all the time at the Dark Samus thread when I argue.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The interview deconfirms him. Even if the interview was disregarded, Nintendo would pick a more iconic character. Don't dismiss me just because your too **** lazy. It's called copy and paste. I do that all the time at the Dark Samus thread when I argue.
Biggie, you have yet to show us that link to the interview and you have yet to tell us why Sakurai would pick an iconic character when Sakurai has shown he isn't necessarily into popular characters. Why do you think he looked into Geno for? That guy is not iconic by any stretch of the imagination and he belongs to SE. Mog belongs to SE too and he is more recognizable than Geno while being just as if not more unique.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Biggie, you have yet to show us that link to the interview and you have yet to tell us why Sakurai would pick an iconic character when Sakurai has shown he isn't necessarily into popular characters. Why do you think he looked into Geno for? That guy is not iconic by any stretch of the imagination and he belongs to SE. Mog belongs to SE too and he is more recognizable than Geno while being just as if not more unique.
Wow Krystal, do you really have to compare every minor character to Geno?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wow Krystal, do you really have to compare every minor character to Geno?
Do you really have to go out of your way to fabricate stories? Mog is the only character I compared Geno to for a reason. They both belong to SE, they are both not the focus of the games they were playable in, and both are unique.

Stop trolling! =o)

vesperview

Smash Hero
Do you really have to go out of your way to fabricate stories? Mog is the only character I compared Geno to for a reason. They both belong to SE, they are both not the focus of the games they were playable in, and both are unique.
Neither of them belong in SE until they're confirmed for Brawl and Geno is more unique than Mog for the sole reason than Mog is just one moogle out of what? millions? Mog isn't the only character you've compared Geno to either way, so I'm not fabricating anything, you bring up Geno in the most irrelevant ways.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Like I said, interview or not, it wouldn't matter.

Also, since you say Mog is more iconic than Geno, that must mean he's popular right?

Yet, you also said, that Sakurai doesn't care for popularity! *Objection music*

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Neither of them belong in SE until they're confirmed for Brawl and Geno is more unique than Mog for the sole reason than Mog is just one moogle out of what? millions? Mog isn't the only character you've compared Geno to either way, so I'm not fabricating anything, you bring up Geno in the most irrelevant ways.
This is not an irrelevant way to bring him up. Its something to definitely take note of because if you guys are going to imply that Sakurai will only go to SE for an iconic character while overlooking the fact he was interested in Geno (SE property) then that is pure bias against not only Mog, but FF in general.

P.S. SE means Square Enix not Subspace Emissary.

Also, since you say Mog is more iconic than Geno, that must mean he's popular right?
You know what. That is right. Mog is indeed more popular than Geno.

Yet, you also said, that Sakurai doesn't care for popularity! *Objection music*
Better turn the volume down on that music. I said Sakurai doesn't necessarily care for popular characters. Hes admitted as much himself. Do you deny this? I would also like to add that Mog is retro. Another pro in his favor.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

Stop trolling! =o)
Geno is a Mario character and was mentioned 4-5 times on the poll...

They are incomparable in this context...

vesperview

Smash Hero
This is not an irrelevant way to bring him up. Its something to definitely take note of because if you guys are going to imply that Sakurai will only go to SE for an iconic character while overlooking the fact he was interested in Geno (SE property) then that is pure bias against not only Mog, but FF in general.
I'm not biased against FF, I just don't think that if they were gonna put an FF character it would by far not be Mog.

P.S. SE means Square Enix not Subspace Emissary.
My bad.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Geno is a Mario character and was mentioned 4-5 times on the poll...

They are incomparable in this context...
Well if you look at it from a Mario Universe =/= FF Universe perspective, then of course they are not comparable, but when you look at it through a legal situation and incentives perspective, they very much are and thats where my point was at.

platnum

Smash Lord
I'm not biased against FF, I just don't think that if they were gonna put an FF character it would by far not be Mog.

My bad.

IF its not mog than who?

nobody would fit as well as a moogle and no moogle is as popular as mog!

KUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Cloud, Terra, Squall, Black Mage, believe me there are plenty of better options.
You know what? I want to know why you think Cloud, Terra, Squall, & Black Mage would make better options, because Mog is just as unique as all of them, nearly as retro as Black Mage, and belongs to a reoccuring race of Moogles that have been around since FFIII.

platnum

Smash Lord
Cloud, Terra, Squall, Black Mage, believe me there are plenty of better options.
|(

you are forgeting that they need to have apeard on a NINTENDO console.which squall and cloud didnt (cameos in disney owned games dont count).

mogs style fits with the SSB style.black mage and terra,not so mutch.and moogles are VERY popular and that fact could help mog get in and since sakurai wouldnt choose a generic moogle,he would most likely choose mog to equaly rep ALL FF games.

CASE CLOSED!kupo

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
|(

you are forgeting that they need to have apeard on a NINTENDO console.which squall and cloud didnt (cameos in disney owned games dont count).

mogs style fits with the SSB style.black mage and terra,not so mutch.and moogles are VERY popular and that fact could help mog get in and since sakurai wouldnt choose a generic moogle,he would most likely choose mog to equaly rep ALL FF games.

CASE CLOSED!kupo
WHY don't they count, because you don't want them to? Of course they count. And Kingdom Hearts is a Square game, not a Disney game.

vesperview

Smash Hero
|(

Just because you say so?

CASE CLOSED!kupo
That's just a bunch of biased crap, sorry to break it to you.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
There legal situation is not the same either really
I'm aware Geno has been considered 2 1/2 party, but in the end, he still belongs to SE. I can rip that Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga pic that has that huge disclaimer if you'd like, but then I know you've seen it. Mog belongs to SE as well and from the way the Geno fans have been saying "if Geno is not going to be a PC, then he will not be in the game at all" tells me Nintendo would have to go through some trouble to get Geno yes? With Mog, Nintendo will have to go through some trouble to get him as well since he too belongs to SE.

platnum

Smash Lord
WHY don't they count, because you don't want them to? Of course they count. And Kingdom Hearts is a Square game, not a Disney game.

it is mostley owned by disney which nintendo would want to avoid.

unless FFVII is remade for DS then there will be no cloud in brawl!

vesperview

Smash Hero
A "lame cameo" ain't the same as a playable character.
Your point? If they go through the trouble of having to ask SE to lend him just for a cameo, why wouldn't they do it for something more substantial? His role in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga could've been easily fullfilled by any character, but they went and got Geno.

it is mostley owned by disney which nintendo would want to avoid.

unless FFVI is remade for DS then there will be no cloud in brawl!
You have absolutely no proof of that so you may as well just keep your mouth shut on the issue.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Your point? If they go through the trouble of having to ask SE to lend him just for a cameo, why wouldn't they do it for something more substantial? His role in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga could've been easily fullfilled by any character, but they went and got Geno.

You have absolutely no proof of that so you may as well just keep your mouth shut on the issue.
Well, they got him for his popularity among Mario RPG fans,
I actually am supporting Geno, but then again I'd rather have more 3rd party characters:p

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
The only characters in the KH games that are owned by SE are FF characters, not original or Disney characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom