• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yes...this guy has obviously not read the first post if he thinks there are no arguments for Mog.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Your first post doesn't have any GOOD arguments...

I can argue that the sky is green, but it doesn't mean anything
You got anger issues bro, just stop flaming us/trying to piss us off...

Platnum, calm down, if u want i'll quote it. Oh and I added the Mog sig :smash:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Have I actually flamed once? Maybe you should use the term correctly.

Mog doesn't have a chance. I don't care really if you support him or not, but saying he is the most logical choice of ANY FF, yet alone Square-Enix character is completely absurd.
Well, you shouldn't just come in here, saying he definitely won't be in..
Who expected Snake to be in brawl?
Well, look at it how you will, just stop trying to influence us in our beliefs.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Have I actually flamed once? Maybe you should use the term correctly.

Mog doesn't have a chance. I don't care really if you support him or not, but saying he is the most logical choice of ANY FF, yet alone Square-Enix character is completely absurd.
Well first off, for FFVI, any main character would be a logical choice bar Kefka (who the story actually revolves around).

Secondly, Moogles have been known since FF III. Mog is the king of Moogles. He is quite important. Sure you could say Black Mages have been around longer, but the Black Mages don't have a stand out leader. Mog is that leader and more.

He was on the box art for FFIII (US) and was the star of the FFIII (US) commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeYu8CvKW-g&feature=related

Why would Square pick some fat Moogle named Mog to draw the attention of America? Its called charisma buddy and Mog has it in spades.

Think about that for a sec. K thnx.

platnum

Smash Lord
Well first off, for FFVI, any main character would be a logical choice bar Kefka (who the story actually revolves around).

Secondly, Moogles have been known since FF III. Mog is the king of Moogles. He is quite important. Sure you could say Black Mages have been around longer, but the Black Mages don't have a stand out leader. Mog is that leader and more.

He was on the box art for FFIII (US) and was the star of the FFIII (US) commercial.

Why would Square pick some fat Moogle named Mog to draw the attention of America? Its called charisma buddy and Mog has it in spades.

NICE.
mog pwnd those wannabes.NEXT

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Well, you shouldn't just come in here, saying he definitely won't be in..
Who expected Snake to be in brawl?
Well, look at it how you will, just stop trying to influence us in our beliefs.

Beliefs? I highly doubt ANY of you actually believe he will be in Brawl. Beliefs ALSO aren't based upon lies. DO NOT call something a fact unless it is.

...And, at least Snake = Money, Mog doesn't. Especially compared to far greater FF and Square-Enix characters.

Mog is a side character in the game who doesn't really have a story or any kind of reason. I think he might even be optional.

platnum

Smash Lord
Beliefs? I highly doubt ANY of you actually believe he will be in Brawl. Beliefs ALSO aren't based upon lies. DO NOT call something a fact unless it is.

...And, at least Snake = Money, Mog doesn't. Especially compared to far greater FF and Square-Enix characters.
Money=nothing.do they realy need put in makers to sell the game?they would probably LOSE money by putting in cloud.

MOG>CLOUD.NEXT

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You actually believe they will Loose money by adding Cloud?

Anything that overhyped character even is mentioned is turns to gold.
SEE!! U put down our thoughts like nothing, but someone so much as
touches your cloud, and you go code 5 on our *****!

Platnum, you should add that commercial to the 1st post :lol:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You actually believe they will Loose money by adding Cloud?

Anything that overhyped character even is mentioned is turns to gold.
Not that Smash Bros. Brawl isn't already projected to break the bank for Nintendo. :rolleyes:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
FF 8...wow that takes me back. I can recall a time where I was about to dress up as Rinoa for Halloween. :laugh:

platnum

Smash Lord
sorry for the big red letters.
anyway the next thread update will be mogs alt costumes/recolors.

il have it up by tuesday. photoshop is hard.

oh and i might make a new sig.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
What does Mog have over Chocobo, or Cid(s)? Cid appears in every game as well as Chocobo. Chocobos had their own game and commercial for the game. What does Mog offer? Side filler quality on par with Toad?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
did you not read the first post!?

c'mon it says to do so in the ****ing title!!!read it or dark meta will ban your soul.
I've read the first post thoroughly several times and it still doesn't convince me that Mog could be in Brawl. Just because someone reads the first post doesn't automatically make them a believer. Personally, the only intelligent member in this club is Mirron.

Here's some questions:

1. Do you honestly, without a doubt, believe Mog will appear in Brawl? We all knew Dedede was a shoe-in. Does Mog fit this same category. Do you believe he is a shoe-in, possibly, or doesn't have a chance?

2. Personally, what are your basis of thinking this? I do not want what "other peoples have said" bull****. Why do you personally believe this?

3. If Mog was to be in Brawl, how would it help promote SE and relations between Nintendo and SE? In what way can both businesses benefit from his inclusion?

4. Why allow Mog to be in Brawl when theirs a large number of qualified first, second, and third party characters (i.e. Geno, Sigurd, Megaman, Bomberman, Lucario, Claus, Lip, Ouendan, Sora, etc). In your personal belief, how well does Mog have compared to other characters vying for that character slot? I am not talking about only Square-Enix. In some ways I am asking how big of a chance does Mog have compared to Ridley haha.

And platnum, sorry to burst your bubble but money have EVERYTHING to do about this game. That is why the game was pushed back and why Sonic and Snake were included. That was why Roy was also included in SSBM. Obviously money isn't exactly at the core of the issue. I do not doubt Nintendo disucssed what finanicial benefits they can recieve when including Snake and Sonic in.

If you think about it, Snake is the representative of Konami and Sonic as Sega. Given those two characters, we also have Megaman for Capcom and Bomberman for Hudson vying for the third party slot. Given that formula, wouldn't the character from Square-Enix have a major role in the games itself? Final Fantasy, usually, has characters for only one game. Combined with that fact SE said any character in SSBB will not be from Final Fantasy, we could expect a DQ or KH character. Just a thought.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
It's true. Whenever I'm gone, suddenly the posts start up again.

Now, I shall respond to the above post as best I can, at least for me.

1. I don't think Mog will for sure appear. He has other third party characters to compete with, who are more likely to get in, with Geno possibly counting as a pseudo representative. I want Mog to be in, but that's all. But, I believe he could still be in, since with Sakurai, anything is possible.

2. Personally? Most of my arguments are based off of my personal belief in Mog's chances. He has better chances than people realize, especially since Sakurai shows an interest in Retro characters, which Mog qualifies as.

3. This one is a bit trickier. I'm fairly sure SE could earn money, showcase an older character they don't use, and still manage to promote their company. As for Nintendo, they get a unique character, with mechanics different from existing ones in terms of a weapon. As well, he represents a time when SE and Nintendo were still on good terms with each other. Mog could mean more, but most of this stuff is in theory, at least for me. Perhaps Mog's inclusion would make the game popular enough in the long-run that SE makes a game based around a Moogle? I can't say for sure.

4. Well, I personally don't think a third party character should take other first or second party character slots. As well, I don't believe any company should get multiple representatives. Now then, onto the last group. Geno can get in as well as a SE or any other companies representative, without causing problems. This is, or I think it is, outlined in the Geno thread. This leaves Bomberman, and Megaman. I'm not sure how to argue against them. I could argue against Bomberman, but I'm not sure, and I do actually like him.

Mog does not have a major role in the game. He helps represent the series, just like Sora represents the KH series, even if he isn't in it, and Slime represents the DQ series. That is the problem with Cloud, he represents only a small part of what the series really is. If I saw Cloud in over another SE rep, it would seem to me to be saying that the FFVII part is more important than the entirety of the series, something I disagree with.

People still have yet to provide me with proof about SE saying this. As well, Sora has legal issues with his involvement. It seems unlikely that multiple people on the KH boards would find the knowledge about Sora's legal issue so common place that they wouldn't bother posting a link to prove it.

There is no uniform Cid. It's that simple. There is no Cid that represents all of them.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
you guys do know that mog is a FF character, and sakurai said there wont be any FF characters in brawl, so what makes you think he can get in in any way at all?!?!?!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cloud representing Final Fantasy series would be the same as Lucas or Ness with Earthbound...

Ness wasn't the only main hero of the Mother series, yet HE was in the game instead of Ninten....Lucas isn't either yet he does as well (In Brawl)

How is that any different. Cloud CAN represent the Final Fantasy series as being one of the most frequently appearing characters of any Square characters. Making cameos in several S-E games....

Games with Cloud:

Final Fantaasy VII
Final Fantasy V (PS)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Ehrgeiz
Itadaki Street Special
Chocobo Racing
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Crisis Core

PLUS a Final Fantasy movie

Cloud is also making appearances in a couple upcoming games.

platnum

Smash Lord
sorry for the double post but...update.link to FF wiki in the first post explains everything about moogles. read it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Randomly lying isn't a sign of intelligence.

Either you can prove it or you're a gullible idiot.
It's true, but the article to Famitsu is for some reason hard to find.

That all is still irrelivent

Wait, unless you mean Sakurai saying it...He didn't

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't care how many people "agree" with you.

Prove it or stop lying.
You dare call ME a lier.

That's laughable...

If you don't want to believe fine, but I'm not looking it up for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom