• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Am I hallucinating or do Bomberman and Megaman highly outprioritize Mog? Seeing that he's deconfirmed by an interview, and Bomberman and Megamn fill in the few 2 3rd party spots, Mog has no chance whatsoever. Besides, I never saw Mog in a FF game. Although, I only played like GBA remakes and FF10/-2 and that one with Cecil and Kain.
What interview was he deconfirmed in? I want to see proof.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
not the FIRST thing chocobos are the first thing but moogles come in 2nd
Actually, given the amount of people who play or don't play FF, those who do are in the minority. Therefore, those who don't either know somewhat the series or nothing at all. My girlfriend didn't know what a chocobo was until we started dating. Therefore, what people first think of Final Fantasy would probably be 1) video game, 2) role-playing game, 3) magic attacks, and 4) a game only geeks and nerds play. Given that, Mog i extremely far from the general populaces mind.

On the Toad vs Mog, Toad has now become really one single character whereas Mog has been demoted to a species. Toad has gone from a species to a character known as Toad.

I've been reading this topic off and on and posted in it once. While I do not think Mod is a stupid idea entirely (personally, I would prefer Sora, Slime, Crono, or Black Mage), this fan club is utterly pointless. The "leader" is a spamaholic idiot. The main page still looks crap (though it still has improved a bit).

RIDLEY, SSS, GA, etc all had their fan club deleted but then not expect yours to be is just stupid. Not to mention that your wiki page looks like ****. At least prepare some material before you start it. Pictures are nice since people like pictures.

I do not think Mog is a bad idea (I would put his chances below Sora and Black Mage) but this fan club really irks the hell out of me.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to argue against Bomberman or Megaman, as I don't think any of us can know for sure who Sakurai will go to for the last slot (although he may have changed his mind, and no more slots, or even more), so in that case, it would be pointless. I could try, but, I really don't feel like it.

Well, I don't think that really applies. People who don't play video games, they aren't likely to know characters that aren't really major, and even then, I don't think you could ask a random, non-video game playing person, if they knew who Kirby was. I find that annoying, but, it applies to most characters. Only a few are really known by the average person. But, if a person plays games is what I'm arguing, because if they do, then they'd associate the game with the mascot icons of Moogles, Chocobos, and the classes, all three of which could be used in a Mog moveset without it seeming odd.

There may be a singular Toad, but, it is difficult to say which one it is, as there are so many other Toads that wear hats with red spots. Yes, in the spin off games, you can tell, but in the actual platformers, Toadsworth probably has more importance most of the time. But, this still has nothing to do with the fact that a Moogle could represent his series better than a Toad, even the Toad, which is what I said.

I'm not going to argue your preference. That would be pointless. Nor will I attempt to counter your insult with an insult. I'm just trying to do my part, to make this thread as good as I can.

I'm working on it. I don't have a large amount of time though. As well, what happened to the clubs pages to get them deleted?

platnum

Smash Lord
hey mirron can repost the slime argument i cant find it.

i plan on adding it to the first post.

platnum

Smash Lord
But of course. It fits Mog well.

Seriously. Wu Tang is right about the interview thing. I have seen it. I would post it if I could but I don't have the link.
mog sticker=epic fail.

just because one interview said one thing doesnt mean a anothere wouldnt say something else.

platnum

Smash Lord
the interview is more of a lie than the cake.

besides things change just becuase it was said in one interview doesnt mean that its an absolute garuntee the opinion of one or two square enix reps is not necessarily the opinnion of the entire company. case closed.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
It's not like people can't change their minds. That one interview does not set things in stone. As well, Mog has going for him one thing every other SE representative other than Slime hasn't, appearing in a crossover between a Nintendo series and a SE series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not like people can't change their minds. That one interview does not set things in stone. As well, Mog has going for him one thing every other SE representative other than Slime hasn't, appearing in a crossover between a Nintendo series and a SE series.
A moogle has, but MOG hasn't

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
You do realize that while I use the name Mog to describe this character, it essentially is supposed to be a culmination of all Moogles, right? I just think Mog would sound better, and would be shorter in game, than moogle, if it used in a chant. Although, Mog could be the chant, and Moogle the name.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You do realize that while I use the name Mog to describe this character, it essentially is supposed to be a culmination of all Moogles, right? I just think Mog would sound better, and would be shorter in game, than moogle, if it used in a chant. Although, Mog could be the chant, and Moogle the name.
Mog is a specific character...

All moogles =/= Mog...

Your basically wanting a generic Moogle as a character now?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
they all represent the same thing anyway.

I want my Black Mage Moggle...
I hate the idea of Generic characters like that period.

Anyway Boko has a better chance in Brawl than either

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
It would have to be Mog (If he is in), as i doubt that Sakurai would add a generic character in the playable slot. Maybe an assist trophy for a moogle. Its kinda of like saying, Lets make a Human a playable character, ya...

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing how negative you put a spin on everything I say. A moogle still has appeared in a crossover, something which, now that I think about it, Ninja's, White Mages, Black Mages, and Cactuars have done as well. However, Black Mage is the only one of those 4 anyone really wants in Brawl, so, while this is a plus, it's not enough.

Also, Boko could appear in Mogs moveset, perhaps as a FS, depending on what they want to do, which, while a Chocobo would represent FF better, it would be a odd to see one in, I feel, as a playable character. This is why Mog is good, because he can represent Black Mages, White Mages, Dragoons, Summons, Chocobos, and Moogles easily.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, I don't think that really applies. People who don't play video games, they aren't likely to know characters that aren't really major, and even then, I don't think you could ask a random, non-video game playing person, if they knew who Kirby was. I find that annoying, but, it applies to most characters. Only a few are really known by the average person. But, if a person plays games is what I'm arguing, because if they do, then they'd associate the game with the mascot icons of Moogles, Chocobos, and the classes, all three of which could be used in a Mog moveset without it seeming odd.
I was just countering platnums notion that most "everybody" knows who Moogle is because he is FF's mascot which is not true. More or less, I was trying to be a pain in the *** and play devil's advocate.

There may be a singular Toad, but, it is difficult to say which one it is, as there are so many other Toads that wear hats with red spots. Yes, in the spin off games, you can tell, but in the actual platformers, Toadsworth probably has more importance most of the time. But, this still has nothing to do with the fact that a Moogle could represent his series better than a Toad, even the Toad, which is what I said.
True, however in various Nintendo games such as Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, and Mario Strikers Toad becomes one individual. I believe, enough, that it warrants that Toad is actually one character amoung the Toad species. We do see minor enemies like Koopas, Parakoopas, Drybones, Bloopers, etc incorporated in these games but, unlike Toad, they did not recieve special attention. When I think of Toad, I think of the aforementioned games representation of the character (especially Mario Kart).

I'm not going to argue your preference. That would be pointless. Nor will I attempt to counter your insult with an insult. I'm just trying to do my part, to make this thread as good as I can.
And I think you are doing a great job. You provided alot of intresting ideas, move sets, and arguements on why Mog should be in Brawl. Where my criticism lies is at the formation of it's club as well at platnum. He spams other topics (or has ceased to an extent), and tries to come off as this big important person because he created the Mog Squad. I mean, a smashwiki page? What's next - a cafepress, a facebook group, and a website? The entire first half og this thread was just him bumping it (and I detest bumping).

I'm working on it. I don't have a large amount of time though. As well, what happened to the clubs pages to get them deleted?
I know what you mean. If you want, you can check out my own wishlist. I have poured hours and hours of work into it with little reward but it's fun. Which is what this is supposed to be. As for the some of the fanclubs wiki pages and being deleted. It happened when thier was massive flaming and spamming in the RIDLEY, GA, etc topics. Enough for the mods to close the clubs in question and also their wiki pages.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Curse you devil's advocate, again it turns against me. But, on a more serious note, I understand Mog isn't known by everyone. Although, I think that most people, if they saw a moogle in brawl, would at least consider playing as him, even if they don't know who he is, because of the spear, which could be a big positive.

True, I understand your point. I actually wanted Toad in, and, it still could happen, but I doubt it. Peach having her regular B move just seems to disprove this again. Toadsworth could possibly in, with a Toad costume, but, again, I doubt it. We'll see soon enough.

I understand your point. He is, overzealous, which is problematic. But, I still will support Mog, even if other people find his chances low.

I might someday. Of course, I'm not sure where it is. As for the other topics, I'm hoping Mog is a character that most people will bother to insult, and that only semi-serious arguers will come here. I'll figure out something.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Actually, they never do. Aside from Chocobo's Racing, I suppose. As well, the chocobo's that Boko represents would have to be from Nintendo consoles, so the closest example, FFT and the Chocobo's Monster Skills, doesn't count. Same goes for Chocobo Racing and the Chocobo Dungeon games, where they arguably display magical power. Mog still displays magical power though, because he does in FFVI.

platnum

Smash Lord
update:new squad member!!!!! Zero suit falcon.@IsamaR or mirron please ad him to the wiki.

next update:stage or recolors/alt costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom