• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto"June 31 LOL JK" yoshi town biweeklies, subject to change

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
btw oni

Rip Oni Shinigami Sword???? I would love to know what the true meaning of your sig is ^.^
Oni = Demon/Devil

Shinigami = Death God (anime:Bleach/anime:Death Note)

Arrancar = A Hollow that has removed its mask to gain Shinigami powers. ( anime:Bleach)

Espada = Elite top 10 group of Arrancar in Hueco Mundo. (anime:Bleach)

By the way Im totally trade marking the Clan name for "The Espada" or "Espada". Now if only I had a full clan.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
I know what Oni and Shinigami means, lol, I am taking Japanese here, and commas, are all, over the p,l,a,c,e O.O well i was thinking something else

Arrancar= in spanish it means to rip
Oni=Demon/devil
shinigami=I've hear the death god part...
Espada= sword in spanish

ok so thats cleared up...AOSE lol

hey Chok and Park, I am going to be holding tournaments over the summer at my place, so you guys should try and come up ^.- I've got it all planned out, smash tournys for my senior project >.<

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I know what Oni and Shinigami means, lol, I am taking Japanese here, and commas, are all, over the p,l,a,c,e O.O well i was thinking something else

Arrancar= in spanish it means to rip
Oni=Demon/devil
shinigami=I've hear the death god part...
Espada= sword in spanish

ok so thats cleared up...AOSE lol

hey Chok and Park, I am going to be holding tournaments over the summer at my place, so you guys should try and come up ^.- I've got it all planned out, smash tournys for my senior project >.<
i'll come as long as there are no other larger tournys to go to. gotta keep the skillz up. also, free money :p

j/k j/k

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think shinigami just means 'spirit'. If it meant 'death god' or 'evil spirit', the word 'oni' wouldn't be necessary before it - it would already be implied.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
I think shinigami just means 'spirit'. If it meant 'death god' or 'evil spirit', the word 'oni' wouldn't be necessary before it - it would already be implied.
A Shinigami literally means "God of Death". It's personified in Japanese culture as a grim reaper of sorts.

The Tag Oni that I use as my three letter nickname for Smash has been around with me for a pretty long time.

Oni (鬼) are creatures from Japanese folklore, similar to Western demons, ogres, and trolls. They are popular characters in Japanese art, literature, and theatre.

The combination of the two is MEEEEEEEEEE....

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
Hey this is Fresno... when is the next smash tourney in modesto "yoshi town" ? is it 2morrow on Sat cuz i have the day off and want to go to a tourney???? you can message back but im at work you can call me if you want last time i went to a tourney i played withi KFC, Choke, ONI, Brandon and some other people just anyone let me know. Call me if you can at 559-930-0417 ask for Adrian (LIT) or you can just ask for lit its my cell phone thanks guys later.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Hey this is Fresno... when is the next smash tourney in modesto "yoshi town" ? is it 2morrow on Sat cuz i have the day off and want to go to a tourney???? you can message back but im at work you can call me if you want last time i went to a tourney i played withi KFC, Choke, ONI, Brandon and some other people just anyone let me know. Call me if you can at 559-930-0417 ask for Adrian (LIT) or you can just ask for lit its my cell phone thanks guys later.
The tournament is tommorow and I'm sure someone will contact you. I'll give you a call if no one has early on before I take off.

park5150

Smash Ace
hey you guys...I haven't had time to clean the room and its a mess kinda, but anyways sorry if the tourney isn't run good today. I had a bad stomach ache for the past two days so yeah....I'll still throw the tourney but I will be taking naps and stuff cuz of this illness...if you guys need anything, just tell edy [obslete dth] or brandon in case I am asleep. So yeah.

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
Man i hecka wish i could have went but hey ill be at the next one for sho well i hope sounds like much didnt happen at this tourney

man i really wanted to go to play oni some more and fresno

heck i also wanna see how i do against brandon and jamie its been like 2-3 weeks since we played thats way 2 long

park5150

Smash Ace
Man, I am finally getting better!!!! :) but I am still kinda sick. :( ok!!!
Doubles:
#1 Lit & Dizy - congradulations
#2 PARK & HMW [yayuhz]
#3 D4dy & Mexi - thanks for coming- d4dy you helped my ganon so much...thanks
#4 Oni & metalHead - Man, we didn't get to play you guys in the tourney :(
#7 Team Cocket - Thanks for coming!!!!
#7 lubby & bubbles- thanks for coming!!!!

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
lubby? ha... close enough
i got beat down bad... and not only cuz my partner spiked and missled me...
ha
i hope to go again since it's close to home... if i keep going maybe i wnt be total garbage anymore... ha...

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Playing and improving is the Nindo of Cen Cal.

Too bad there wasn't a singles tournament, I think we should probably do singles first next time. Because I really have no idea who would have won singles that day.

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
lubby? ha... close enough
i got beat down bad... and not only cuz my partner spiked and missled me...
ha
i hope to go again since it's close to home... if i keep going maybe i wnt be total garbage anymore... ha...
hey lumpy where you from and y dont you do to the tourneys if you so close

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
i live in south modesto... pretty much ceres... i dnt usually go cuz my friends that play never want to cuz they dont like getting 4stockd time and time again (i'm learning to like it. ha)

... and where were the IC's?
i was looking for some lessons of sorts. metalhead got me pumpd to learn them...

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
i live in south modesto... pretty much ceres... i dnt usually go cuz my friends that play never want to cuz they dont like getting 4stockd time and time again (i'm learning to like it. ha)

... and where were the IC's?
i was looking for some lessons of sorts. metalhead got me pumpd to learn them...
Chok is our resident IC master.

"fux that beeitch; I don't need her"

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
chok is the master of the IC's they are to hard to good and just **** cant put them in words but where in ceres do you live cuz i live in ceres and i could always use someone to play when im not wit the homies in Modesto

Oni-i want to marth diddo you next tourney i feel like its gettin alot better i think ill 5 stock you hahahaahahahaha jk but i want to try it out against you

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
I only play with nana when my gf is around >.< lol

I am officially a single IC player unless she is here ^.^

Single IC matches are fun i say you guys try it

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
oni i think i have a chance of beatin you but im not sure and dont take as me down grading your play but i feel ive gotten good enough to where you wont own me like the last time we played

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
oni i think i have a chance of beatin you but im not sure and dont take as me down grading your play but i feel ive gotten good enough to where you wont own me like the last time we played
Thats good Lunchbox.

I've also been working on improving alot also.

My Falco seems to be improving the fastest though T_T...

I might start calling Falco my main soon.

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
Oni thats cool falco is really good i like alot better than fox but i think thats cuz foxes play is to fast for me i guess its hard for me to controll him

but are you gunna be able to go to the next tourney i think its in three weeks but im not sure

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Oni thats cool falco is really good i like alot better than fox but i think thats cuz foxes play is to fast for me i guess its hard for me to controll him

but are you gunna be able to go to the next tourney i think its in three weeks but im not sure
if I have the day off from work. yep yep

park5150

Smash Ace
ok, the next tourney will be in three weekz...

ps choknater, I found out something krazy!!!!!
mindgemez = love what is love?
therefore, What is Mindgemez?

Top Bottom