• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto"June 31 LOL JK" yoshi town biweeklies, subject to change

park5150

Smash Ace
DATE: Saturday, June 23
TIME: 12:00 - 9:30 PM (We will want you out of there by then.)
ENTRY: $5.00 for singles $5.00 for teams
ADDRESS: 813 champagne ln, 95351, modesto
**PLEASE RESPECT THE VENUE! WE WILL BE USING PARK'S GARAGE!!!!**
EVENTS: Teams first then singles

We need gamecubes and tv's. We also need to know who is and how many are coming.

only 1st and 2nd [ 70, 30] if less than 16 people show....
only 1st 2nd 3rd [ 60, 30, 10] if over 16 people show....

stages for singles: final dest., FoD, Kongo Jungle, Rainbow cruise,
mute city, pokemon stadium, yoshi story, poke floats,
dreamland 64, jungle japes, corneria, and battle field.

stages for teams: final destn., kongo jungle, pokemon stadium, poke
floats, battle field, yoshi story, corneria, jungle japes,
dreamland, and rainbow cruise.

Zoap

Smash Master
stupid cracked out yoshis making new threads LOL J/k its better this way everyone just accept it

park5150

Smash Ace
What, are you saying cracked out yoshi are stupid!! lol j/k
Yeah, I think it's better this way too.

razor_brutality

Smash Rookie
edit: This is Delf on my friend's account.

If we can somehow get a ride from JR's house F.T.A., Anbu, and myself will come. Maybe DRGN too but prolly not.

I hella want to go to this. Chok if we both make it do you want to take doubles? ^_^

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
I NEED A RIDE SOMEONE TAKE ME!haha but yah for real if anyone lives some wat close to me and i could ride with them that be awesome

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
edit: This is Delf on my friend's account.

If we can somehow get a ride from JR's house F.T.A., Anbu, and myself will come. Maybe DRGN too but prolly not.

I hella want to go to this. Chok if we both make it do you want to take doubles? ^_^
haha sorry man i dont use IC in teams and i won't team with anyone but my brother XDDD

but yes, i DO want to take doubles : )

Delphiki

Smash Champion
No problem. I'll find somebody else if we can make it. Still no ride for us all though... :(

For a long time I thought that ICs sucked in doubles but they're actually not as bad as you would think. You do have less opportunity for uebergross grab combos. You also have less room for desynching, but overall it's not too bad. Of course you have a competent secondary. My best other than ICs is Puff, who I don't even really play. I need to make my Pichu better.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol me and my bro play fox + peach, both of us are much more beastly in teams than in singles. took a round from king + bob$ once >_______< then we got ***** when king switched to puff lol.

but yeah guys. i will probably be late. i am taking the ACT in the morning and it is probably not going to end until 12:30 or 1 pm. i'll have my cell phone w/ me so i might call someone up after i'm finished (i'll be at modesto high, pretty close to jamie's house). if i can't come... someone help out jamie to manage the brackets lol >_____<!!!!!

seriously guys pray that i can go

Zoap

Smash Master
im bringing bob$ and myself, i think we will prob be teaming, not sure though. Ill bring my laptop that has tio, so no worries there. See ya tommorow

The Game II

Smash Champion
zoap please pm me the tio when it's done. thanks. like i said on the other thread, if meep, kfc or bob don't win, i need the real full name of whoever wins. thanks.

--GCII

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
effing beautiful tournament. here are the results (i don't know the team names)

teams:
1. zoap and bob$
2. choknater and palafrak
3. oni and bzrk
4. park and edy

singles:
1. bob$
2. choknater
3. zoap
4. oni
5. park
5. palafrak
7. bzrk

shoutout to each player:

bob$: oh my gawd, your tech skill is effing beautiful. thanks for all the tips/training/friendlies, and a great finals match. i ALMOST clutched but that marth's story stage is my death sentence lol. and seriously thank you for gracing us with your presence, and imma take your advice on using fox a lot more

zoap: thanks for coming omg. that peach is so scary and i got a LOT of lucky recoveries. my combo ability isn't as good as it should be so your peach is extremely challenging. but yeah thanks, that trained me also on how to mindgammez... i improved a bit after every round.

oni: omg you got better : ) i liked the low tier matches and friendlies, and i hope you enjoyed the tourny matches lols ;'D

bzrk: hey your peach is pretty good keep it up and i hope you and the other turlock guys keep coming to modesto tournaments when they come around :D

park: omfg man thanks for hosting, yes your yoshi is more beastly than before

edy: omg i didn't get to play you at all

palafrak (conner): lol getting there. one more win for you (not against a low tier of mine) and you're in team pauk. i hear your mom doesn't like the idea though lol.

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok, this was pretty fun even for the small turnout.
Ill do some shoutouts

Park: Thx for hosting, and that yoshi is hella cracked out man, best yoshi in norcal no doubt.

BZRK: Was fun playing you, love the peach keep working at it.

BOB$: Too good as usual, I cant believe I took you to the last game...at least till u went to doc :(. We need to play more, ill try and get thos vids up. Also thx for the donuts and dinner.
Olive Garden FTW

Chok: Man you are getting real good, i like the fox, still havent played the ICS <.<;;;. But yea you got better and I tried to coast. You obviously wanted the set more than me, so congrats and keep it up :)

ONI: Good to see you again u looked like you got tons better we shoulda played.

AND IM OUT MWHAAAAAAAAAA

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah thanks zoap. yea i never noticed that i've NEVER used ic's against you even in friendlies, maybe next time >_<. then again bob$ told me to switch to fox anyway LOLLOLOlo, and i wouldn't have done so well against him if it wasn't for your GIMPY GIMPY peach lol. it pumped me up... there was seriously like a ten second interval between the matches lol.

but yeah thanks again for coming you two, i got ****loads better

edit: O.O there were vids?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
more people will definitely show up next time. the only reason the turnout was so small this time is because sac and fta had a last-minute accidental problem.

Top Bottom