• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto"June 31 LOL JK" yoshi town biweeklies, subject to change

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
football owns. i don't know sht about football, but my dad knows a lot LOL. to me, best spectator sport ever. too much ownage in that game.

anthony i'm learning marth now... i'm getting a lot better. i can help train you now that i use him a lot. we should meet up some time, i've never had you at my house before.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Hey i guess this explains everything on y you want to become pro in 3 different games cuz during Football Season cuz the RAIDERS SUCK!!!!!!!! haha but dont get mad at me im just stating the obivious
Well that was low. Now let me state the obvious.

Ceres sucks.

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
Well that was low. Now let me state the obvious.

Ceres sucks.
ok im sorry Oni... at least you dont like the 49ers then we would of had a big prob cuz i think the Raiders are cooler than the 49ers but man i could have told you that Ceres is HELLA GAY!!!!

Andre: that be cool to meet up wit you and train i would mind goin to your house and getting owned haha but just let me kno when but the next 2 weeks im goin to my dads but anytime after that would be cool

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I like the niners.... at least they didn't get safety-ed before they even scored a touchdown. That's harsh. Course, it's nothing compared to the niner's recent record. Le sigh... But watch out for them this upcoming season. It's gonna be majestic. As long as the guys in charge of drafting make smart choices.

Zoap

Smash Master
Well ima Cowboys fan so i dont really have to worry cuz our team is already good
Is this the same good team that botched a field goal in a playoff game when their nub of a QB fuxed up the grab. That why you should all just like the Packers, no nub QBs there :psycho:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
past few days in my theory of knowledge class we watched remember the titans LOLOloOLLOlololo. the movie is decent, and it's good to see a sweet young DFC hayden panetierre. ^____________^ loli haet pizza

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
Yep i cant til the Tourney til the tourney on the 12th its gunna be sick i hope. I think alot of people should go cuz latly at the tourneys we have had no more then 12 ppl i believe well try to go if you can

Oni you should go cuz i want another chance to play you cuz i think i played like crap against you at the last tourney

what happen to every1 nobody has been on this thread in dayz

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
Double Post OooooH jk

Man what happen to everybody nobody goes on this thread no more watdafxup or watsupwitdat

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
if park were to try his best he would kill you...all

if i were to try my best I would get a big head ache and get 3rd

playing best= limit break=wont be able to smash for an hour or 2

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yup jamie keep getting better, pretty nice mario too.

as for me.. i'm still continuing my quest to be mini-azen and learn all the characters. pretty much i only need to practice with ness now. (right now i'm going peach, but i seem to be doing fine)

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
jamie doesnt have a crazy style hes just a crazy guy haha jk but yea he does have a pretty fast and unique style

chok who havent you played wit yet man your already good enough with half the characters there is no reason y you have to **** us with every1 haha ROFL jk man

Palafrak the valiant

Smash Cadet
Yet, we all underestimate Palafrak the Valiant, who, in one tournament tied for LAST PLACE out of 30 people! AUSUAHSUAH!
I'm continuing my quest to become a better GaW so I can... become a better Game and Watch!

>:3 It's a lion.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
my JP lasted till 4 in the morning

6-12 jp

12-2 party and restaurant
2-3 party some more at my dates house
3-4 hanged with my friends at her house
then everyone left and my date asked me to spent the night....
so...lets just say it lasted up till 5 am nvm about the 4 am...

Come on Park lets see how long you last >.<

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
jamie doesnt have a crazy style hes just a crazy guy haha jk but yea he does have a pretty fast and unique style

chok who havent you played wit yet man your already good enough with half the characters there is no reason y you have to **** us with every1 haha ROFL jk man
well, ness. by far my worst character. i'm gonna be using him next week. if i could learn bowser in 3 days.. then i can definitely learn ness in a week.

Lit20

Smash Rookie
Any prize money for modesto tourney?? and whats OC3?? are they two different tournament?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
how do you "learn" bowser in three days? O__o
easy, play against crew with him for three days straight. i did that with marth last week for a week, and peach this week. it works REALLY well, i was finally able to beat brandon's doc today with peach, even if it was with a death turnip on the ledge. :p, peach is a mixed up "cheap" so i don't mind. my brother does that sht to me all the time.

all you have to do is basically stop playing your mains for a while and focus on another character. right now i basically have 7 or 8 viable counter picks i can use, all on the same level. that's only if someone can beat my ice climbers.

park5150

Smash Ace
yeah, of couuse we have prize money!!!!!!!!! but anyways I am going yoshi till cinco de mayo. [and marht and falco but not as much]

Delphiki

Smash Champion
OC3 is a really big SoCal tournament that may be happening this summer.

Btw he means that you can't just 'learn a character'. I sure as hell don't know everything about ICs yet.... and I'm **** sure you don't know everything about Bowser after three days. Let's Bowser ditto next time - your Boosta versus my Boozer.

What consitutes 'knowing' a character? At best everyone only has an method to play their characters - there is no right or wrong way to play, therefore they can't be learned. You can learn combos and such - but those are only parts of the whole. Fighting is a form of art - it's subjective and can't be reduced to arithmetic.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OC3 is a really big SoCal tournament that may be happening this summer.

Btw he means that you can't just 'learn a character'. I sure as hell don't know everything about ICs yet.... and I'm **** sure you don't know everything about Bowser after three days. Let's Bowser ditto next time - your Boosta versus my Boozer.

What consitutes 'knowing' a character? At best everyone only has an method to play their characters - there is no right or wrong way to play, therefore they can't be learned. You can learn combos and such - but those are only parts of the whole. Fighting is a form of art - it's subjective and can't be reduced to arithmetic.
yes, you can learn a character. it's just a matter of practicing against your crew with that character and some dedication. of course you can't know everything about it, but you can go from sucking to not sucking to being decent. also, don't assume i can't do it in 3 days. my learning curve with characters is fast. i lurk every character specific room when i'm interested. my goal has always been to be able to use every character... in fact, i do (except for ness.) and in tournaments, i would... the only reason i use ice climbers is because there are two of them, and they are extremely cheap. i counter pick all the time, don't i? quite frankly, zoap, dm and meep would COMPLETELY **** my ic's, so i have to use something else.

let kfc speak for himself about what he means. and yes i will happily bowser ditto you delph.

anyways, to team pauk: i'm going ness all week next week. be ready!

Zoap

Smash Master
lets put it this way, you can learn to play a character in X amount of time but it will take much longer to learn the character than X amount of time.

Lunchbox

Smash Journeyman
What kind of tourney doesnt have prize money? jk but jamie y are you doin yoshi until cinco de mayo who you gunna be using after that.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Chok.. your main character will be your best character by far.. I used to think my secondaries and counterpicks were *almost* as good as my Fox .. that is..

UNTIL I PLAYED HELLA/BOBBY.. Bobby DESTROYED my Link and Hella 4 stocked my falco LOL.

then when i pick fox its always a close match.. Yep

Edit:: Hella ***** my falco so hard I felt like I really had no idea how to play smash.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm not you :'C i wish i could do that well with my main... bob$ beat my ic every time with marth but i managed to beat his marth a couple times with fox. and i also did really well with falco and falcon.

i play them more than i play ice climbers.. i don't main a top tier, i don't know how to wobble, and everyone knows how to escape CG now.. so i have NO CHOICE but to use counter picks. if i have every single counter pick ready.. then i'm well set, imo

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
I HAVE A TOOTH INFECTION YEEEPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS HURTS LIKE HELL TO AND I HAVE TO TAKE ANTIBIOTICS AND MISS SCHOOL CUZ OF IT YEPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE

random chracters are cool cuz to me if u played 1 or 2 ppl everytime that would be hella boring

i don't counterpick,unless in friendlies so i can help someone in a matchup, i can,but i wanna master my matchups with my main and instead of not being risky i do it anyway cuz in the end win or lose i'll feel better about the matchup or i'll know i need work on it

cuz if u dont go through fear and the counter of the matchup u'll never learn it:psycho:

Andre is the counter king he's hella good with every1 i don't think he counters as much as he used to

dang Anthony i need to post more ur catching up to me lol Draft this weekend

WATCH "THE NFL DRAFT" EVERYONE on ESPN

Top Bottom