• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
Its good to hear that this tourny is much closer than the last MOAST, I <i>might</i> be able to provide some space for 2 people; if you wanna sleep on a fold out couch.
Yeah, Ill be playing along side with Jake in the teams with my Dorf, as well as singles.
MOAST should also be a two day tourny, allows for more smashin good times.
-
Patrick

David Kirk

Smash Ace
What is this talk about Texas having the only good Kirby players? At TNOT Vocal and myself played double Kirby team in the finals against Hail to the Chump. Of course that was after they got third at Game Over, beat our best characters the first two matches, and we knew it was over...

Anyway, is Fox/PatrickSays from GameFAQs on SWF, or does anyone know if they are coming? Fox wanted a $50 money match before, so maybe now we can throw that down. I will play Patrick for $50 too if he thinks his Ganondorf can r0x0rd'd mine.

Still not 100%, but if I can go I need housing, and someone to pick me up from the nearest airport...which one is that?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Hey Chang, i think we should challenge Richard and Marcus for the best double kirby team in Texas ;)

FOX IS BROKEN IN LVL 1 CHALLENGE

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you're gonna abandon Soup? lol we can handle them :)

I'll make sure I'll kill them with the kill move and invent a new kirby special.

EDIT: There should so be a low tier team tournament if it's 2 days. It can go along the same day as the 2v2's. Show everyone not only the terrel brothers can do wonders with kirby. Sorry Drew, I just mite have to take Austin if we do one O_o. I'll help run it if you think it's a good idea scav.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Erm, the closest airport is by far Love Field. But, flying into Love Field usually means making a bunch of connections, since Dallas passed a law a while back that prevented any airports besides DFW from flying beyond a certain (small) distance.

DFW is our major international airport, so fly into it if you find a good, cheap flight ;) we'll pick you up either way. But it's easiest on us if you can find a good, cheap flight to Love Field.

-Scav

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
For low-tier teams you can have Sint.

DaBR is tiers friendly:chuckle:

Guess that means I'm in need of a teammate in low tier teams... if they even happen, which is debatable at best.

Regardless, if anyone needs a good Roy/Link/whatever other low tier character I feel like playing teammate, just let me know...

David Kirk

Smash Ace
Scav, I would be flying in from Cincinnati, Ohio. That is about as far South of Ohio as you can go, but Ohio is still pretty far North. If Love Field would be able to bring me down then I am all for it, but if it does not reach this far, then there is nothing that anyone can really do about it.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Exactly ;)

All I know is, when I flew to Cincinnati for FC, I flew out of DFW. So it's really no problem. Though, I do know someone who jumped on some early "anywhere in the US for $100" deal at Southwest Airlines (who fly from Love Field). She had to make lots of connections, but hey, it was a hundred bucks.

-Scav

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
ill money match you David Kirk, but most likely not for $50, it just depends on how much money i have at the time

but defintley for $5 or $10

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Ill be happy to play either of you for as much money as you are willing to wager, dont make me infinite you again blackjoker

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Everyone- so far, the main attractions ( if one day) are 1v1s, Level one computer challenges, (maybe teams) and something else. Would somebody like to suggest which side event they would prefer over the other. Like I prefer FFA over Low Tier. I prefer Low Tier over Crew Battles. I prefer Crew Battles over Low Tier and FFA.

I- would personally love a Low Tier Challenge over FFA and Crew BAttles.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
I cant wait to beat you in a marth ditto dcx
lol i can't wait either!

in fact, i can't wait till this tournament -_- why must it be so looooooonnnnnnggggg away <_<

Wife

Smash Lord
Sorry for posting without reading everything....

Team Ben could try to fly in, but only if it was two days, and only if there were teams. But it sounds like a lot of fun, and we'd love to be there.

blackjoker

Smash Cadet
Well. dont make me grab and wait you cloak, i cant wait to waste everyones time. and what ever happend to CORY? i havent heard
tremble in fear from the mention of my name yet, and will bora be makin this one?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
CORY is in Australia.

Remember, if you want a 2 day tourny please post that you want one. it really looks liek we may have to make it a 2 day with all the interest we are the intention we are gettin ^_^

spread the good word of Moast 3

Essence

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by malva00
I'll go if I can >_>
Yeah, that'd be cool if you could come. And if you can come, then would you like to have a CF ditto $ match? I tried to ask you in the TG6 forums but I guess you didn't see it.

JJ

Smash Journeyman
yes i can't wait i hope you can come Malva and Team Ben. Oh yea i vote 2 days if you'll didn't already know.

David Kirk

Smash Ace
Ryoko, what even are you talking? You may beat your friend, but that is only one Jigglypuff. My Princess Jigglypuff is too hot. Although I have not played her in a while, better get on that pretty soon. Rest combos beat Peach alone.

Isai, we can Smash64 again if you make it out. Maybe I will do better this time. ^_^

Team Ben, I was suppose to money match you all one after the other at FC, but you know. Anyway, if you guys make it out then we should throw that down. Still Peach, Marth, Samus, and Link?

I have voted two days twice. o.O

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Good news Scav, looks like S.A.K. will be able to come to MOAST 3 after all. Most, if not all, of the crew members will be coming to participate. I'm already hyped about MOAST 3, should be nice to visit Houston for once.

Also, I have found some promising players in S.A. that might be even better than us.

EDIT: Wait, just got a conformation that the tournament is in Dallas, not Houston. Hmm, I assumed it was Houston since the 1st two MOAST were in Houston. Didn't bother reading all of the 1st post, was too lazy...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Majin its in Dallas, not Houston. Unless you are just goin to Houston for whatever reason.

If team Ben comes, i want another set with Husband. I want revenge from FC >_>

Sevens

Smash Apprentice
To show off your compleate incompidence you are still mistaken Majin. The first MOAST was held in Dallas as well. Try to get it right next time.

And nearly 2 months sence GE2 you still havnt sent me my money! You lazy *******. Mexican dead beat. You wont be allowed into MOAST untill after you pay me off.

Good to hear you found some new people but even if they are better than you thats still not saying much. Now if you said they beat your team into the ground worse than CC I would doubt the hype but atleast it would be semi exciting to hear.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
id like 2 come to this.... too far off 2 say for sure though. But yeah, really gotta do teams, too fun

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Awesome, Majin, I was really hoping SA could make it. Despite what Sevens may say, I enjoyed playing with you guys at GE2.

Finally, we'll be able to play SA... but NOT in SA! Amazing! Hopefully Sevens stridence only encourages you to come more.

And for everyone else, I'm ecstatic at the number of "maybes," even if they're only maybes. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make y'alls trips to Texas more definite! (Besides making it 2 days, of course)

-Scav

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Joshu i have you quoted, you are bound by law to come

BuDuhBand: come on
BuDuhBand: double ness
BuDuhBand: *peer pressure*
JoshuJibakuZero: NOOOOOOOOO ok i give in

that also means we have to go double ness in team matches ^_^

plus i want some more naruto matches with you >_>

David Kirk

Smash Ace
I won a $110 pot in poker tonight, so that will help with my funding. ^_^

Cloak and Dagger, backing out of the $50? Too bad. We can play for $10 or something then. Whatever works, ten is all good.

Joshu, do it.

AndenHellseenkee

Smash Journeyman
Puff Can't Handle Peach???

I will money match any peach with my noob jigglypuff. Let' say....50$??? Yeah that sounds good to me. Anyway. This challenge is for anybody who wants to money match me. 20-50$ Should be fine. Thank you for your attention.

David Kirk

Smash Ace
Anden is the only person I have ever seen camp with Jigglypuff! He must get props for that.

Anden, if you make it out we have to play again. None of this random stage is Kirby64 for Jigglypuff against Ganondorf. Although I did take out four of your stock and take you 80% percent. But that is because you camp with Jigglypuff and suck at Rest combos.

Top Bottom