• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by dcx1287
Yes well I vote for MOAST 3 to be two days...with one day dedicated to a 2 v 2 tournament lol.
do you have a partner lined up for the 2v2 if there is one dcx?

if not im lookin for a few goodmen...well actually just one

dcx1287

Smash Lord
do you have a partner lined up for the 2v2 if there is one dcx?

if not im lookin for a few goodmen...well actually just one
lol sup man yeah if i go to MOAST i'll be partnering with my friend electricmouse, but thanks for the offer man.

we can always do some team match friendlies and partner up in those <_< i've always wondered what it would be like partnering with someone who i don't normally practice with lol.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jake, you should juss convince pat to team with you for the sake of it lol.

Looks like everyone wants 2 days as expected. Hopefully we'll get a lot of smashers from the area. Everyone try your best to invite your friends to this event. I already got 2 more friends to come. I mite be able to get sum more as well. I want this to be a big outcome and satisfy everyone.

David Kirk

Smash Ace
Originally posted by David Kirk
Having this be two day would make my heart smile.
^ What he said.

Anyway, Soup Nazi, last time I checked you where holding yourself up as the best Ganondorf in Texas. If you still think that your Ganondorf can throw down I will ditto you for as much cash as you want to throw in for my traveling expences.

Cloak and Dagger, unless no one comes down with me or no one that I like from the Mid-West make it, I have to stick with my boy for teams. JesusFreak and myself go way back.

JJ

Smash Journeyman
yea ok we are goin to have trouble with drew and his partner and probably i who lotta more teams to. we can do it do we are goin sheik and falco ok.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Hey guys, watch the spam please. While I love the free bumpage, one-liners are much better suited to AIM ;)

As a general rule, also, please don't post your sig with a one-liner.

-Scav

Alucard258

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...forgot to post this but a 2-day tourney would rock. Cant wait for the Lvl. 1 computer challenges. Thats gonna be where im getting my money from.

D

Deleted member

well I for one can't WAIT to go down and kick some southern *** =)

haha j/k guys. But yes, I'll be there to rep EC with all the others. All the one Anden >_>

I'll be going to Houston and then over to Dallas. Anyone in Houston I can **** for the meantime?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
That'd be me ;) when are you coming down to Houston so that I can show you what's-what?

-Scav

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
wow, this is lookin like we are going to have a good turnout for out of staters

I just wish'em luck cuz they don know how we do down here in the great state of Texas

JJ

Smash Journeyman
that what i am talikin about Texas style. Well you'll have to do themt texas i suck lol.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
this should so be a 2 day tournament. Everybody support MOAST3... this is gonna be so much fun! w00t! ^^;

You all goin' down. >>;

well, most of you, anyway. I'm probably going down too. THere can only be one winner, after all XD

tsetse

Smash Lord
Well i make no promises this time but the valley really wants to be at this one but dallas is so far away. "Cries alot" We'll see???????????????????????

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
JOY.

I'm coming to this.

I vote for 2 days. Seriously, though, is any real smasher going to say "No, I only want one day of Smash orgy."? No. I don't think you guys'll have to wait to the end of the month to make this a 2-day thing.

Once again, I'll be happy to set up Mario Kart Double Dash; I know it was a good thing once singles wrapped up last time. Plus, I'd be happy to help w. brackets, watching matches, setup, whatever (even though it may be a bit early to set that stuff up yet)

Also by that time the Nintendo DS will be out, which means multiplayer handheld goodness . . .

ALSO, attn: Austinites, I'm coming to UT on the 17, and the sooner I can start smashing with you guys the better. I can't wait to meet up w. you guys.

I know I'm probably gonna lose money on this, but that ain't the point. Texas tournies are the best parties. That's what it boils down to. And the fight. The fight is everything.

Wonder if DieSuperFly will come to this; he seems to be stealing Texas money recently . . .

Ok, that's all for now.

WAIT, no it isn't. Maybe we should make an official MOAST 3 sig, to help publicity. Or something. Whatever. Fragmented sentences. Abound.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm another ECer, Mow, you *******. Two day would be nice as long as everyone gets back by Tuesday... I'll be sure to tear things up in teams.

special goodness

Smash Rookie
This is David Kirk on my girl's name.

Ryoko, we need to play. I mean, as much as I hate playing against Peach, I know that you still want to see my Jigglypuff Rest combos. ^_^

Mow, we still have matches from Game Over that we need to finish with. Ganondorf and Mewtwo, Fox ditto, Ganondorf and Fox, whatever.

::IMPORTANT::

I am bringing Naruto.

^_^

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
no need David, I have naruto as well ^_^

Someone find Joshu for me, i need to yell at him >_>

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Wow- Texas, Lou., Ark., NM., Midwest, EC, and even Internationl interest shown. I would like to thank everyone for showing interest in attending this tourn., and hope all those people and more show up to MOAST 3. The more people show up, the bigger the pot (we're already guaranteeing 900 dollars).

Tsetee- I know it's a long way to Dallas, but that's why we are posting it so early, so you can find a way to get up here (free housing).

Commercials- Expect MOAST 3 commercials on each character by Yokoson and Kirbyofnurgle. If you haven't seen the one for gaybar, the link to it's in the thread ( it made me cry :cry: )

Again- If anybody hasn't checked out the sign, check out www.tru-gamerz.com It'll give you the lowdown the MOAST site. Also, tru-gamerz is going to start hosting bi-monthly smash tourn's with ge II size turnout. There's a thread about one right now actually, but u have to sign up (no charge) before you can view this thread.

The main attraction- Level one challenges. To explain to people who don't knew, it entails one person choosing a level one computer, and betting one dollar to see how it stacks up against 3 others in a FFA (Low items). Winner takes all. We're hoping to have one massive 32-64 person Level one challenge, with the final match to be on a projector. Anbody who hasn't experienced it, this will become your favorite and most fun moment of the whole tourn. We're hoping to have a hourly one as a side event.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
ALSO, attn: Austinites, I'm coming to UT on the 17, and the sooner I can start smashing with you guys the better. I can't wait to meet up w. you guys.
yo i agree man we'll see if we can set up something that weekend in fact, or the next...

It'll be good practice for TGA too lol. we'll practice some teams as well...

JJ

Smash Journeyman
i got a name for me and my friend well calledourselves thanks to the help to Drew the dragon it is WKS "we kinda sorry".

D

Deleted member

Scav: I'll be glad to play some. I'm staying with Fluffy and her crew, so I won't need (or want, for that matter) a tour. I just wanna play some smash.

Not to be mean, I'm looking forward much more to beating on Kenshin in Link vs Zelda. Or shutting Josh up about the ACCURST ICE CLIMBERS CURSE THEM TO THE FIRE FILLED DEPTHS OF THE 9TH LAYER OF THEFORSAKEN EVIL ONES.

Ok, I'm better now >_>

But yes, I'll gladly play the Mario man. I've already played MuffinKing, LiptonBuddy and Maverick. Might as well finish the set =)

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
partner

Hey thanks for all the replies to my partner request, but fortunatley Patrick un-quit smash:D

so now im all set

Oh ya, this needs to be a 2 day tournament

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
JJ you already told us that.

Ok, so what's the location of the Austin peeps? I know Electricmouse is on campus, and JFreak is around somewhere. Where are you at, dcx?

Also is it still Team Schwippy, or Cereal Killers now?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well It's kinda both. At tournies we're Schwippy all the way tho.

Oh yeah Mow. We need to do Kirby vs M2 and a Zelda ditto. Maybe Fox too after all I've played him for only a month and a half and I can already shine chain somewhat effectively, just think about it 5 months from now.:p

Alucard258

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to get a couple people that suck at the game to come to this tourney to add money to the pot!:D MOAST3 will be teh awesome.

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
I'm feeling inclined to yammer on about the social Smash climate of Texas. A sort of promo one would view when sorting through vacaction phamplets at a local travel agency. Though I lack pictures that POP and testimonies that shrink away from credibility with the more enthusiasm displayed, I have this....

Ah Texas, ah the Texas community, a community that has over the years engineered a community of purely oppositing qualities to a successfu social structure.

We laugh, we cry, because we're laughing so hard, at Silas ,the ringleader, who also doubles as the clown when his back is turned and the crying clown when it isn't.

But we have the love. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE makes the world go around. Its the glue of our community and is why MOAST 3 is going to rock.

As for tractions we have the now famous
LEVEL ONE MONEY MATCHES!!!
and.....
The only Tourney Playable Kirby in the country! Do not look down upon this claim, you will truely be amazed by a Kirby performing the way ours does. At our last tourney I think someone was actualy happy that he'd lost to a Kirby.

And if you don't want to the that happy looser you can laugh along side that match when you witness the utter confusion a well played Kirby sends the oponet into.
"What the!!! Kirby is doing some wierd thing!!"
"I just didn't know how to fight him, I shot missles, nothing. I shot power blasts, nothing. I bombed, nothing. I just didnt' know what to DO!!"

You can give the obviously freaked out individual some sideline coating.
DieSuperFly with his "Smash that sh*t" was the biggest helper to a confused Kirby opponet in the last tourney, Gaybar. Not only was it funny but it worked!

What abstract nugget of advice will you dispence?
"Kill him with the Kill move"?
"Run away"
"Use the combination attack!"
"Oh man, you're screwed!"
This is a choice i leave to you.

So come and be amazed. When have two side attractions to the ever growing list.

Oh and in the possibilty there is actualy a 2v2 tourney you will see the birth of the new team craze. DOUBLE TEAM KIRBY!!!
Suicide isn't just for the manicly depressed anymore!

Rayzorium

Smash Apprentice
Oooooooooo... I feel the vibe. I've little chance at victory, but what better way to improve than a tourney, and what better tourney than the mother of them?

Hmmm... but what is a one level strike? It's the last item in the Banned Stages part of the listed rules.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Ray- You can strike one stage from random selection in the first match. for example, say you are going against a Peach/jpuff, both of the characters are very good on Kirby64. You can strike that stage givin you a better advantage. Of course, your oponent can get rid of a stage that gives you an advantage. remember this is only for the radnom stage. hope that clears things up

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mow has gotten me hyped up for this tourny, and since I have family in Houston and I can get a ride to Houston and a ride from Houston to the tourny, I plan on going. I will see if I can't get Scrib (PwnZone) and some other MS Smashers over there too, although it would be harder to setup if I bring peepz with me.

I wanna see how this tourny is ran too. I can't see it being much smoother than MLG, cause that was executed **** well, even amidst the 200 or so Halo players and other hotel related crap going down. If you guys live up to your word then I shall be amazed. So amaze meh!

I am really digging this Level 1 comp tourny idea. Sounds like a ton of fun. I can't wait to throw in a few dollars for that.

Oh yeah, I also vote to have the 2v2's.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Ok, so what's the location of the Austin peeps? I know Electricmouse is on campus, and JFreak is around somewhere. Where are you at, dcx?
I live 15 min. from UT (electricmouses place/jotun's place).

yeah i live in westlake Hills, davenport ranch by the loop 360 bridge

Top Bottom