• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
About recording, I don't believe there will be any VCR's available for recording. However, everyone is more than welcome to record them with camcorders. At least the Terrells will have their camcorder, and I might bring mine. Drew has proper recording equipment at his house, so if you really want to, you can ask to record matches at his house afterwards.

$10 Registration
$10 Free Play (includes everything available, so go nuts)
$15 1v1
$10 per person 2v2
EDIT: $2 per person (4-6 crew members)
$1 Low Tier
$1 L1C

Mr.C

Smash Master
stupid?.....yes. Ignorant?.....yes.

so what ur trying to say is bring like 100$ for a tourney plus gas, food and other thing's need concluding the fact that this is way to much money.

Thank You.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Actually Mr C, it's less than $52 for everything (unless one person pays for their whole crew). That is roughly the same price FC was. And I heard no one complaining then. And also, many of the things at MOAST are optional, so the price could be less if you wanted.

MOAST is offerign everything that FC did and more, at a cheaper price. And many people said FC was the most fun they've ever had at a tourney. The SoF and the Dkrew are the most fun-loving crews in the US, and it shows in their tournaments.

I'd be willing to pay this much and more for an opportunity like this.

I mean it's a chance to meet people from all over the country, and have a two day orgy of gaming for less than the cost of a new game.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well put JF, we're not forcing to play for everything. (and i changed it to $2 per person on crew so ppl will stop complaining heh) If you feel like you can throw a cheaper and better tournament for such a large tourn out, go ahead and try. We won't stop you.

You don't have to do the side things. Heck, if you don't feel like you should shoot for 2v2, then that saves you 10 bucks.

Things don't come for free in life. It's extremely tough to find a nice venue to fit everyone, and plus they've sacrificed their entire weekend for us. If we can't support them, then I'm ashamed of us.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Amen Jesus Freak. It's just most texans have never been to a smash tournament this big, so they have no idea how much it cost. Plus the price amounts for MOAST have been known for a while, so stop complaining about it (we got a VERY good deal on the prices). This is FC and A LOT more and it's IN OUR BACKYARD.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
who practices for MOAST?

seriously I havent played in about 2 months, and ill still wreck shop on 75% of the poeple coming to this tournament

because most of them are scrubs and jons, the other "good" (or so they think) will fall victim to the wrath of my random spamming and the cheapest smash trick known to ME(that means yall dont know them so there is no way to defend them!)

my list of promises for MOAST still stands

p.s. I may not even go to this tournament

p.s.s Paying for 'free' play is just out of the question!

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Originally posted by MajinLink 287
One more week...

I hope every Samus player is ready to feel the pain!
Is that a money match i hear majin? 5 bucks? do you accept?

And why do people complain about the free play. When you play at a lan center, you pay around 2.50 per hour on the pc, with ten bucks you get that for the 2 whole days, unlimited hours, don't give me this bs about it not being worth 10 bucks. thats at least 40 bucks worth of play if you really milk all the hours out. Idk, i think its very generous.

Mr.C

Smash Master
im just saying paying 50$+ is kinda expensive, Yes i love Moast and DKrew but....there are other things that i need to worry about like having money for this girl. That's why im a little upset about 50$+ for this tourney

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, enough avatar fun, back to my own avatar. I'm sure I've proven that just because you have a custom avatar doesn't mean that people can't steal it. Although now that I think about it I realize I should have taken his title and his sig as well...

River R3d

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Cloak and Dagger
who practices for MOAST?

seriously I havent played in about 2 months, and ill still wreck shop on 75% of the poeple coming to this tournament

because most of them are scrubs and jons, the other "good" (or so they think) will fall victim to the wrath of my random spamming and the cheapest smash trick known to ME(that means yall dont know them so there is no way to defend them!)

my list of promises for MOAST still stands

p.s. I may not even go to this tournament

p.s.s Paying for 'free' play is just out of the question!
Um, people like that are the ones that practice the MOAST. Lol. You're so lame. Money match. In fact, all of AZ wants to money match you.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Re: MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - DOUBLE PLUS UPDATE

Originally posted by Scavenger382
BIG IMPORTANT UPDATE 1/8

4) Go to Matt Wisnewski's house on Friday.

5) Go to Tru Gamerz on Saturday

6) You do not talk about Fight Club
LOL THATS IS GREAT STUFF! GRATZ SCAV U HAVE FINALLY LEARNED THE WAYZ!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
People who complain about the price are the people who don't have any appreciation for all the time and effort put into making this huge event possible, and trying to let everyone have a good time.

And there's not enough money in the world to make a girlfriend happy. But if you really want to, then get a job. :p

Hey Jake, are we still doing that $25 all cast match?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
the cost of crew battles should be $5 per person instead of $2. i mean i am pretty sure many others would agree with me since their wont be many crews out there so not much of a profit for intense crew matches.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Haha, everyone but 3 people picked a quiet house. Well, that would be me, my brother, and wolf. We just thought all you smashers would be wild and out of control, and we didnt wanna be alone in the closet. We dont care though, quiet or not quiet is cool with us...just please dont house us 3 alone in a van or something with loud music. :)
Crew Matches would be more intense if more than just 2 dollars were on the line...but it's your guys's call. 3 bucks more isn't anything to get bankrupt over. But your call, ill see if i can join in the crew battle with some people, ill pay 2 or 5 gladly.

Fear's Sister

Smash Rookie
MOASTY MOAST MOAST

Hey you guys!

Are you ready for MOAST? **** yeah this is gonna be fun!!! Good Luck to everyone that is entering this tourney! And always remember... "Fear is how YOU fall" With all that aside... Please drive careful on the way to MOAST... On behalf of the Converse Crew, we want to thank DKrew for putting all this time and effort into creating a tournament of such magnitude 10. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well see you there... :hungry:

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Originally posted by HugS
Haha, everyone but 3 people picked a quiet house. Well, that would be me, my brother, and wolf. We just thought all you smashers would be wild and out of control, and we didnt wanna be alone in the closet. We dont care though, quiet or not quiet is cool with us...just please dont house us 3 alone in a van or something with loud music. :)
Crew Matches would be more intense if more than just 2 dollars were on the line...but it's your guys's call. 3 bucks more isn't anything to get bankrupt over. But your call, ill see if i can join in the crew battle with some people, ill pay 2 or 5 gladly.
I also chose non-quiet house for the same reason. :p

And Ken, why would you want the money upped? Are you being greedy?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
i also requested a non-quiet house!

so, 1 week to go, and i don't know who's picking me up at the airport... like i said in the email i can't look up the gate until the day before, so i need to be able to call whoever's getting me on his cell when i get in the airport.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
JF no its because $2 is pocket change, might as well make it an even $5

and btw didn't you just post about people who were complaining about the money problem? do you realize how much effort and time the hosts of the moast put in for this tournament? $2 jumping to $5 isnt much.

also why are you battling jake for $25 all cast match and only battling me for $5? i thought you said you were broke?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Ken, you're being ignorant. If you would go back a few pages and read some of my most recent posts you'll see that I mentioned how much time and effort is going into this more than anyone else has.

And I never said I was broke, where did that come from? O.o Even if I was, i know that I'm going to win that $25 so it's all good.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Originally posted by sephirothken
the cost of crew battles should be $5 per person instead of $2. i mean i am pretty sure many others would agree with me since their wont be many crews out there so not much of a profit for intense crew matches.
Why would you want to pay for more? You're saving more money which is a plus, more money for other things. And how would raising the price increase the intensity of smash?! I, for one, am glad the price is lowered, less money to spend. Besides, crew tournaments is viewed as a side-attraction, that's why the price of it is so low. If it was one of the main events, the price of it would obviously be higher than it is right now. I don't care if you are Ken, you're still a hungry-money person in my eyes, whom of which I don't like very much.

Oh, I've said it once and I'll say it again. For those of you that want to look for me yet dont know how I look like, I will have a "Majin" symbol on my forehead, just like Majin Vegeta and Debora in the DBZ saga.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Originally posted by MajinLink 287
Why would you want to pay for more? You're saving more money which is a plus, more money for other things. And how would raising the price increase the intensity of smash?! I, for one, am glad the price is lowered, less money to spend. Besides, crew tournaments is viewed as a side-attraction, that's why the price of it is so low. If it was one of the main events, the price of it would obviously be higher than it is right now. I don't care if you are Ken, you're still a hungry-money person in my eyes, whom of which I don't like very much.

Oh, I've said it once and I'll say it again. For those of you that want to look for me yet dont know how I look like, I will have a "Majin" symbol on my forehead, just like Majin Vegeta and Debora in the DBZ saga.
Majin, he'd want to pay more so he could win more. -_-

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Originally posted by JesusFreak
Majin, he'd want to pay more so he could win more. -_-
Well, that's too bad for him, he's gonna have to stick with paying $2.00. Or if that price is too low for him to even bother participating, he doesn't have to join. All the better for us.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Guy's leave Ken alone i doubt he meant any harm God. He was just saying 2$ is kinda weak but hey i ain't complaining. :p I can't believe you would talk this way to Ken he's God comeon guy's get in the game! welp look at the time, guess i should be hitting the ol'e dusty trail.

malva00

Smash Master
Originally posted by HugS
So majin, you haven't told me if you are gonna money match me yet...You were calling out all samus players. I'm one of em...do you accept?
I'm a samus player toooo!! ^_^

so majin let's money match as well! :goomba:

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
So.....will the 10 bucks for food and drinks cover both days, or is it $10 per day? And if I bring my PS2 (for GGXX), getting a TV to play on won't be a problem will it?

And again, is there a nearby arcade? I wanna go play TEKKEN 5 :confused:

Clever

Smash Journeyman
Scav you get my e-mail about wanting t be housed?

This is to the guys in austin. Since im gonna be the only one comming from cove you guys mind if i join ya in the crew battles.

Oh and titan, if ya bring GGXX you're goin down :chuckle:

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Food isn't a flat fee, check the packet for prices: http://themoast.smashboards.com/packet.doc (you can probably eat for 2 days for around $10-$15 though).

And the closest arcade I can think of is like... 2 hours away, there might be some closer that I don't know of though.

The way we're probably going to do freeplay is as the tournament progresses we open up more TV's to freeplay. So after a round or two (probably earlier Saturday than Sunday) you'll be able to use your PS2 on one of the open TV's, assuming you can find other people that want to play of course.

Oh, and I'm convinced that Samus is a joke character that just lives annoyingly long, so I'm challenging any and all Samus players to shut me up and prove me wrong.

Doesn't have to be for money or anything, but I'm willing to risk up to $5 on it.

It's just that my Sheik has lost to a Samus like... once in the last six months, and there's a good deal of Samus players around Dallas.

Best of 3 set MOAST rules etc.

SABERinBLUE

Smash Apprentice
Eh, she's heavy with a good jumping power, a good vertical saving move, and bombs. Oh, and the Grapple. But I use her basically because I like to. Last year my top-ten-tourney level cousin sat me down and taught me all I know, and just told me to pick a primary. I picked Samus, not having even played with her before, and now I realize I like her style. But I'm not the guy to take you on about that, as I am planning on going to MOAST (If I end up being able to go) for fun and for the experience and practice against other people who know more of what they're doing than I do. My objective, far from proving Samus's credibility, is to win at least one match in the main event.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Clever, sure you can join us. then we'd have 6 ppl. hmm. We need to decide how to split up the stocks. Obviously dcx will get the most, probably me next.

malva00

Smash Master
Originally posted by Dr DrewtheDragon
Oh, and I'm convinced that Samus is a joke character that just lives annoyingly long, so I'm challenging any and all Samus players to shut me up and prove me wrong.

Doesn't have to be for money or anything, but I'm willing to risk up to $5 on it.

It's just that my Sheik has lost to a Samus like... once in the last six months, and there's a good deal of Samus players around Dallas.

Best of 3 set MOAST rules etc.
OK I take that challenge $5 Sheik vs Samus.

Top Bottom