• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Okay, so since I'm going to be in charge of all things non-Smash, I want to get a count of what kind of side attractions people want.

Right now I have:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (LAN)
Naruto
Probably a bunch of random Nintendo DS playing

Anything else? Remember, the place has 12 computers so people can play Counterstrike or Warcraft or Halflife 2 or whatever.
LMAO that sounds pretty sweet. What would all of you think of having some console FPSs to play there too? Maybe something old school like Goldeneye, or even some Halo Xbox <_< >_>

I've heard the owner of the store is a nationally ranked halo player 0_0 can any of the dkrew confirm this? if so i want to challenge him 1 v 1 no shields pistols only Hang 'Em High for fun >_>

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by the Intarnetzorz
Bahamut3585: Hey, what time will MOAST start on Saturday?
Dr DrewtheDragon: 2ish
Thus the staff ended their discussion, and all was right in the land.

Halo is definetly a possibility, heck, it's what the place does best. Probably will be Halo 2, not the original.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Probably will be Halo 2, not the original.
ahh man, well hopefully we can have both halo and halo 2 available for play?

Oh well, we'll see lol.

yo leprechaun sup man! yeah dude i'll do some free matches with you i'm up for that!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm up for any free matches with anyone.

Also, here's my other question again:

Would setting up Soul Calibur 2 be feasible, considering that I'll be bringing the TV, game, memory card, and console if need be?

Wife

Smash Lord
I happened to think all fighting games besides smash suck.....and Halo 2 is for douchebags cuz its for Xbox -- you ****in traitors.

But double dash would be sweet.

And starcraft would be really cool too. anyone else play sc? not brood war, but the original? Husband and I will play some 2v2s.

Werewolf

Smash Journeyman
I PLAY STARCRAFT: BROODWAR, although not at the moment. I pretty much play ALL blizzard games, and I really want to buy world or warcraft.

Also, I'll fight you in free matches leprechaun, heck, ill fight anyone free matches.

I'm also gonna be buying an xbox soon cuz halo 2 does rock. I could also maybe bring my gamecube cuz I have a cable modem which could be used for LAN, but of course, I don't have MK:DD or a router or the cable for a LAN. I definitely wanna get in some computer games at MOAST 3, that would ROCK.

Thats all I gotta say for now.

Oh, one more thing, AUSTIN SUX HA HA... you guys haven't beaten ME yet....MWA HA HA HA HA....PWNED

tsetse

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Wife
I happened to think all fighting games besides smash suck.....and Halo 2 is for douchebags cuz its for Xbox -- you ****in traitors.
I concur!!!!!!

Oooohhhh I think I'm in love. Leave Husband and come to me you Nintendo Loving Hottie. We will let Reverend Miyamoto Preside over the ceremony.

And yeah Leprechaun im up for as many free matches with peeps especially if they are from CC

Fear

Smash Journeyman
Meda

Sure money match Medafighter i have a question... did u go to any GE? just wondering.... cuz i think your the guy who eliminated me in one of them. 5 $ though

Leprechaun needs matches fattiessss challenge him!!

Also JF the Fox vs G&W Match is up to you money or not.

tsetse

Smash Lord
And I'm with DCX on this one, I usually just walk around and ask people for matches. Most people will give you a match if you just ask for one. Texas is full of hospitality, and ***-whooping.

KotG Luvin

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by MrSilver
Also, what's the deal with the crew tournament? Since I'm coming from Europe by my lone self I won't have a crew for the tournament. So, are there any people in a similair situation that would like to form a "all alone" crew or something along those lines? I'm flying all the way to Texas to compete, not to watch by the sidelines. [/B]

Hey Silver (Mr. Silver?), I might be interested in that. Coming from the smash desert that is NW Florida, I'm probably not going to know too many people. I was going to team up with Tobias, but I haven't heard from him in a while. Need to head to gfaqs and make an attn topic, I suppose.... Anyway. I'm nowhere near your skill level, I'm afraid, but I like to delude myself into thinking I can hold my own. So..... Crew "all alone" going to sweep the crew tourney, heh?

gore

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by leprechaun
i wanna have some fun at this tourny so any one want some matches with me???????????:confused:
Sure, did you want to do $ matches, or just friendlies?

Originally posted by Medafighter X
Where are all the money matches? Is Texas scared? C'mon people, where are you at.
Originally posted by Zarelid
Bluk Marth ditto money? anyone else?
Na, dawg, I ain't skeered nukkaz! I'll do a $5 match with each of you. In relation to what fear was saying, I think I met you(media) at GE2. I remember ya'll were saying you were from AZ, and I told you I used to live in Prescott. Anyway, Both of you should post the characters you play so we can decide on a match. Hmmmm... Zarelid vs Fletcher, aka bluk, should be interesting.

I'll make an updated money match list in the next few days or so, seeing as how I have/want lots of them.

Fear- Would you want to $5 match IC's vs GW?

Darkness of heart- $5 IC's vs Zelda?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
hey I was promised there was going to be some GGXX action there too. And Fear, you're the one who needs to decide if it's money or not since you made the challenge.

Mr C you really wanna do a DK ditto? And here I thought being beaten by my Falco would be hard enough. :p Just to let you know, I've been playing DK more than any other char lately and I'm like 20x as good w/him as I was @TGA. He's mah best char now. ^_^

Mr.C

Smash Master
PootieTang? nah can't be......Yah it is PootieTang!

RobHimSelf is taking all challenges to meh Link oyeah! snap into a slim jim! Lep i do like dem downhits! like fat kids love cake!

Jf- BTW face my DK i'm pretty **** sure its better then them bowzahz! ill bust dem trikz and you'll be like WTF!?!?! DK! CAN DO THAT!?!?!? then i'll do dem air cancle trikziez......considering at TGA was the first time i ever played with DK i picked him up lately and f-n pwn dem bowzahz! i relized what ive been missing all these year's when i picked that bigass gorilla up and trained with him......not to mention that he has no ***** or ballzzzz! but DK is fun as **** to play with :mad: RAWR!

Lep- BTW my Falco is pwnzerz.......meh combozzz pwn! i'm coming out with meh secret......here it goes.........pick Marth against meh and i die...Marth and Peach i die no doubt! Marth hakz with gay *** chain throw............ *****es have to chain throw to win these dayz is just going to low for my standers. Every time i see someone chain grab because otherwise they'll get pwned ima gonna kickyah in da ballza! also dem nub peach's that revolve around turnips and downsmash is getting poked in the eyes :mad: RAWR!

Everyone- I promise in fun matches as well as tourney matches Converse crew will not chain grab because that is just for fat people that practice to catch people in the air :eek: but there's one thing i will do and that is give you an *** beating of your life!

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone go see *seed of chucky* it is the greatest movie ever, i just loved it! and you will to! i just have to add in that was seriously the best waste of 6$ ive ever had

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Re: DK DITTOS FOR EVERYONE

Originally posted by AOB
ok... here's what i'm doing.
arrive at DFW: 9:54 pm friday
leave DFW: 1:00 pm tuesday

who can pick me up? and where is the cool place to stay friday night? Drew's?

also isn't someone housing Silver through tuesday? can i stay there too?
Andy, you know I'll want lotsa DK dittos with you. Do you want to do one for money or just fun or what? And yeah Drew's is the cool place to stay. Cuz that's where I'll be ^_^ As well as most of the good people <.<;;

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
If any of you wanna play a little GGXX for money or whatever, I need to know if it'll be XX or #R in advance. Otherwise, I'm just gonna have to **** people with Sol :eek:

WHERE U AT, CARLOS? I GOT YO MONEY~! ;)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
scared of u ganon?...SCARED?...u think i'm that worried about some guy, who i don't even know,'s Ganon?
<____< maybe i am...s'just my friend and rival beats out my Doc when he's ganon...and i let what i hear about counter characters get to me too easily.

though i'm perfectly fine marth vs. peach....i feel i really need to at least get as much experience to my doc as possible, since i want him to continue to grow and be my best...so...
HEY!!! how bout 4 matches?...
Doc vs. Peach
Falco vs. Peach
Doc vs. Ganon
Falco vs. Ganon
lol...that way, both our 2 bests get some varied action, ~_~
if its 2-2 we give each other 5 bucks, lol

and i'm up for Doc dittos...just not high rolling money matches...i like to think my doc is good...but not crazily skilled in fighting itself...afterall...he, above most characters, has to fight differently for dittos..cuz pillrushes are how u get hurt, instead.

KotG Luvin

Smash Cadet
I'll play GGXX... never played #R.... it nearly tempted me into buying an Xbox, until I remembered that I don't have broadband :( Naturally, I'm not very good, but I'll probably play a little bit for practice. I'm getting a joystick soon, so that might help some

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey Lep, I DK ditto'd you at TGA. 2 stock. If you want to lose again tho it's fine by me.

And yes GGXX is a must! I'd be willing to pu tmoney on mah Boi Titan here if anyone wants to play him.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Wife

But double dash would be sweet.

And starcraft would be really cool too. anyone else play sc? not brood war, but the original? Husband and I will play some 2v2s.
I play the original Starcraft as well. I think it's much more balanced despite what most people think and give me **** for it.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Originally posted by leprechaun
no johns Jf we never played the match because they kept using up all the stations
Then why do I remember 2 stocking you? If you want me to prove it sure, we can go again. But I know I beat you already. :p I wanna try to get my revenge with Pika tho.

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
T.U. and Tech SUCK HA HA....PWNED
Remind me to show you how to spell UT correctly at moast, wolf.

Tech out ranks A&M ^^
Texas outranks you both. :D

Anyway, I guess Rice can get into this college match then we'll have the best universities in texas and A&M represented.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Alright I've been absent from this thread for too long ;) but I need to address something that's been going around.

Right now, we do *not* have a deal with Trugamerz that allows unlimited play on the lanned computers or other game systems. I repeat, unlimited freeplay is not included in the price of admission for MOAST.

We're currently negotiating with Truz about the overall prices. I have a menu of their food in my car -- the final going rate is 2.50 for a large slice of pizza, and 10 for a full. They also have cheese breads, calzones, bottles of Dublin Dr Pepper, and hotwings for various prices (usually $2).

Any questions? Confusion? Post up ;) or catch me on AIM.

-Scav

CORY

wut
BRoomer
also, when he says large slices of pizza, he means their only size.

and their only size is a freaking quarter of a pizza 0.o;;

well, only size besides a whole pizza.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by McFox
Would setting up Soul Calibur 2 be feasible, considering that I'll be bringing the TV, game, memory card, and console if need be?
No problem.
Originally posted by JesusFreak
hey I was promised there was going to be some GGXX action there too.
If you bring the PS2 and such, I'm all for it.

And like Scav said, the CPUs aren't included in the price, so you may have to pay extra to play on them. They have all the games mentioned so far in this thread, plus a bunch more (UT2k4, Doom 3, Age of Empires, more that I can't remember right now) Same goes for Xbox.

Top Bottom