• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey Rob, you accepted gore's challenge? Why won't you accept mine? You said you can beat me with every character so let's see it. DK vs DK $10.

gore

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Werewolf
I'll money match joo. My Yoshi vs. your chars (except shiek). i'll allow shiek as long as you don't keep chainthrowing me. I'll money match as long as there are NO CHAINTHROWS.
Tizight dawg. My IC's vs teh yoshinominon, and I won't chain throw. But I will do uber-damaging grab comboes :chuckle: . But for sure, no chain throw. $5 if its cool.

Originally posted by meleemasterx
gore, 5 bucks ur ice vs. my marth? (taking into account, as long as u have the spare change....hm..lets keep it likewise for me then, too...)
sure, sounds good.

Oh, foward, I'm still thinking of something, I'll get back to you.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
W00T! 2000th post! 2004 too. :chuckle:

I just wanted to put out a challenge to Gore my DK vs Your anything besides ICs $5, so that way we might both have our way. ^_^

gore

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by JesusFreak
W00T! 2000th post! 2004 too. :chuckle:

I just wanted to put out a challenge to Gore my DK vs Your anything besides ICs $5, so that way we might both have our way. ^_^
Fo sho, probably falco or falcon.

$$$$$$ MATCHES $$$$$$

Confirmed
Jesus Freak- IC's vs his any char, and my any char vs DK
Rob$ Falco- Falcon ditto

Maybeish
Meleemasterx- IC's vs Marth
Werewolf- IC's vs Yoshi
Mr.C- Falco Ditto
Foward- Match still to be decided
Zelgadis-Match still to be decided

Other people I want to $match
Neo- IC's vs Roy
Dr. Drew the Dragon- Falcon ditto
Ken-Match still to be decided
Germ-IC's vs Link
Zulu- IC's vs Puff
Caveman-IC's vs anyone except peach or marth.

And anyone else who wants to take my money just let me know

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
I CHALLENGE CPUG!1!!1!!!!111!!!!

You people should save your money for LVL 1 challenge ^^

ROBFALCO

Smash Journeyman
Jesus freak

i would accept your challenge but you never played me that falco ditto for 10 bucks.

If you play me falco vs falco i'll play you dk vs dk

i challenge germ to a $10 money match also falco or sheik vs his link

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
i challenge NEO BAHAMUT to a name match.. whoever loses has to change their board name and will never be known as neo again

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
GERM it is VITAL we do a roy vs link match.. i have to play the best link w/ roy.. i just hope we don't have some heated a$$ set then play in tourney... lol

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Alright Rob you got your match. Should be fun. I like it. I just wanna show that you can't beat me with every character. :p

So my matches are now:

Jake- all cast ditto $25

Rob$- Falco ditto/DK ditto $10 each

MrC. Falco ditto $?

Gore- ICs vs anyone(I guess Samus lol) and DK vs anyone $5 each

Alucard- $5 Zelda ditto

Fear- Fox vs G&W for money or fun?

Ken - ???

Azen- all cast ditto

Cloud-?

Oro- True Diversity matches (not just dittos)

anyone else? I'm up for any and all DK dittos, all cast dittos, diversity matches etc...

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by En. Ee. Oh
i challenge NEO BAHAMUT to a name match.. whoever loses has to change their board name and will never be known as neo again
And then I want to challenge Neo Bahamut to get rid of the Bahamut part.

naah, not really, I don't care about that.

I do want to play En Ee Oh and see what this Roy is about. My Roy is kinda out of shape, but I at least want to see what you can do.

Wife

Smash Lord
I haven't been reading the posts here but....

I just wanted to exclaim at how incredible this tournament looks. Wow.

I was dreaming up a kickass tourny with all of these great things then I checked this one and you dudes are already doin it!

I am so so so so excited about this tourny man, gotta see all the skill in texas! Plus the pizza, the projectors, the crew -- it's gonna be mad nice.

My only question would be if you could up the entry fee for the crew battle. I was hoping for $50 or so, so there will be a sweet pot to win. I think crew is more important than 10 bucks, and I would love to see more focus put on the crew battles.
Especially since scav told me there are so many in Texas.

Well Team Ben'll be there, we can't wait!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
neo b.
see, i actually have a tiny ganon problem at the moment to half of my good characters...
i'd easily take to ur ganon w/ my Falco or Falcon...but then it wouldn't be very interesting to u...so u'd suggets falco/falcon vs. peach..which i wouldn't like...so i'd say Doc/Marth vs. peach...which u prefer using ganon against...
thus..we get nowhere ^____________^

and to anyone who cares these are all the charactes i play:
Doc and Falco, my 2 bests
then Marth, Falcon, Zelda, Ice, Ganon.
Though i hadn't played Ice alot, in a while...and I'm trying to ignore Ganon to learn a better Falcon.
Either way..my zelda is really good...but being that i never play oposing Zeldas...i wouldn't be confident in a ditto...but rather use her in the Low Tier Tournament.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Azen- all cast ditto
Wait, Azen still does those? If he does I'd be up for giving it a shot. I've been practicing with all the characters lately to try and increase my feel for the game (with considerable succes) so I'd love to try and face the master of diversity on his own terms. So, if Azens up for it I'd love to try. For money or for fun, doesn't really matter to me.

And of course if anyone else wants an all cast ditto or any other match against me I'm also up for that. Again, money or fun doesn't really matter to me. Although I probably won't have that much money to spend on money matches, so I probably won't accept money matches for large sums or if I've already lost a lot.

Also, what's the deal with the crew tournament? Since I'm coming from Europe by my lone self I won't have a crew for the tournament. So, are there any people in a similair situation that would like to form a "all alone" crew or something along those lines? I'm flying all the way to Texas to compete, not to watch by the sidelines.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Hmm well I'm going to want to play as many people as possible at this tournament but is setting up mathes online really necessary? I was just thinking of sort of walking around and asking random people for matches throughout the day <_<

would that be ok with most of yoU >_>

LMFAO

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
I'm sorry dcx but that is unacceptable. You need to reserve a match with me before since I won't give you the honor of playing me if you just walk up and ask. If you want a match you need to go thru the proper channels. ;)

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Ok, I think the price for the crew battle tournament entry fee is perfect enough as it is Wife. That's just the side attraction, so I rather not pay more than what we already need to. I mean, should we even be paying to compete for best crew? I see that more as an honor thing and fun too. In my opinion, I rather make crew battle tournament free but that's not going to change.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Darkness, I don't really play Zelda very seriously any more. Mostly for lower tier tournament or for fun. But I'll still play you if you want to. She's still a fun character to use and it's not like I suddenly completely suck with her.

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
I challenge both sint and werewolf to a 3-way battle for texas match. We need to find out what the best college in texas is.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Originally posted by MrSilver
She's still a fun character to lose...
Did you mean to use?

Tha match is going to be awesome...I'm always interested in seeing what other Zelda players can come up with, since there are so few of us....

Neo Bahamut???

Smash Cadet
okay now to reply to meleemasterx i will money match you peach vs marth since your scared of ganon.

for name match, i accept :

en.eh.oh- if you lose, you are no longer referred to as neo

bahamut3585-you can't have anything related to the king of dragons as your name.

more importantly i saw a list of housing for people out of state on the frist page. how is az gonna get housing? anyone offering? c'mon guys give us some where to stay!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey Silver, I'm not really sure if azen still does that or not, I'm just hoping so. If he doesn't would you like to with me?

Bluk

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone up for some marth dittos? I like to think of my marth as pretty good.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
DK DITTOS FOR EVERYONE

ok... here's what i'm doing.
arrive at DFW: 9:54 pm friday
leave DFW: 1:00 pm tuesday

who can pick me up? and where is the cool place to stay friday night? Drew's?

also isn't someone housing Silver through tuesday? can i stay there too?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I have a question.

What time on Saturday is the tournament actually starting? I'd like to know because I'd like to have a chance to play against some people before it's actually my turn so that I can see what I'll be up against, at the very least.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Okay, so since I'm going to be in charge of all things non-Smash, I want to get a count of what kind of side attractions people want.

Right now I have:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (LAN)
Naruto
Probably a bunch of random Nintendo DS playing

Anything else? Remember, the place has 12 computers so people can play Counterstrike or Warcraft or Halflife 2 or whatever.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by Bahamut3585
Okay, so since I'm going to be in charge of all things non-Smash, I want to get a count of what kind of side attractions people want.

Right now I have:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (LAN)
Naruto
Probably a bunch of random Nintendo DS playing
My friend Jared would definitely be interested in challenging anyone willing to face him in some Soul Calibur 2 goodness.

I'm bringing a 13" TV myself, so we can set it up on there, if that would be at all possible.

And for people who only read the last few posts:

McFox
What time on Saturday is the tournament actually starting? I'd like to know because I'd like to have a chance to play against some people before it's actually my turn so that I can see what I'll be up against, at the very least.

Top Bottom